Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lulu vs king: the Redemption Arc (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 4:38:18 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]
I WONDER IF THIS'LL END THE SAME AS LAST TIME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king dug his feet in the sand, feeling the comfortable warmth that follows. his shorts were short, and hawaiian style t-shirt open in the front to reveal tanned skin. it did little to hide his scar, which made the hat and thick framed glasses even more ridiculous.
[break][break]

he looked down at the woman across from him, finger tipping polarized lens downwards and a coy smirk on his lips.
[break][break]

"shame we can't have a rematch. but, i 'spose this'll do."

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king55]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king55]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king55 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dcnMGwd/grimmylong2.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 4:55:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Tch. Who says we can’t have a rematch?”

She tossed a pokeball in her hand casually, catching it in her palm again. Lulu was as confident as ever, and felt that she no reason not to be—even with a team much less experienced than Blaziken. She wondered what else King had in his arsenal.

The scientist returned the smirk. The energy behind it was like electricity in the darkness.

A Castform was released first, levitating in the air across the field.

“Maybe later. Gotta mix things up a bit, you know?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 5:19:54 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
cool eyes watch the bouncing pokeball, and then latch onto the creature that emerges. he wasn't surprised she hadn't chosen blaziken. like himself, he expected she kept her more powerful pokemon in reserve. that wasn't even counting the one that lingers in the shadows.
[break][break]
"don't think yer gonna be ready when that day comes, but, i can say i'm lookin' forward ta it."
[break][break]

his display is less grandiose. with a simple flick of the wrist, the castform is met by the quizzical look of a breloom.
[break][break]
"this won't go the same way as last time, ye know."

[break][break]

[newclass=.king55 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king55 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king55 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dcnMGwd/grimmylong2.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 5:46:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“You’re confident.” Obviously.

She watched him, smirk remaining from across the field. It curled a bit more, flashing teeth. Fire would meet fire, surely.

“Come on, then. Give me all ya got.”

Castform continued to hover, and then shifted into its sun-shaped forme. An already SUNNY DAY became… more sunny.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 5:54:06 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"and i expect yer in fer a surprise."
[break][break]
he layers his smirk with a playful wink. one that would no doubt bother her. or would it?
[break][break]
breloom decides, beneath the bright sun, creating life would be the best option. like bullets, small LEECH SEEDS shoot from her mouth and towards the weather-pokemon.
[break][break]
seems she was in it for the long haul.
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:45:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“We’ll see.”

Then, a first parasitic attack was incoming.

“Fire!”

In an instant, red light exchanged the hovering Castform for Hitmonlee—from a reeled back, powerful throw. It appeared, somehow sailing through the air already from the force with a BLAZE KICK, powered up by Castform's SUNNY DAY to turn the threatening LEED SEEDS to ashes before they found a host.

When it met the ground, it stayed there for a moment, arms out with a softened, focused look in its eyes. MEDITATE strengthened it.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:54:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
air shoots through nostrils signaling kings quick lived amusement. as expected, the shifting of pokemon is seamless, if not a bit more heavy-handed.
[break][break]
"i got one just fer ye."
[break][break]
breloom returns, replaced by a hitmonchan that, like lulu's fighter, was already in mid-movement. AGILITY courses through him, his speed sending up kicks of sand in his wake. he's upon the hitmonlee in seconds, a FIRE PUNCH is aimed at the disgusting leg focused pokemon's center, empowered by lulu's own SUNNY DAY.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 7:15:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Hitmonlee’s counterpart appeared on the field—something more resilient under such a sun than the Breloom, maybe. Its FIRE PUNCH hit clean in the MEDITATING Hitmonlee’s center. Still under the searing heat of Castform’s SUNNY DAY, it was BURNED badly.

Lulu’s smirk turned down a little at the corners, but only for a second.

“Stay on it!”

Fighting through the pain of boiling flesh, it leapt to deliver a barrage of kicks in CLOSE COMBAT with the boxer.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 7:30:42 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
flesh sears beneath his punch, forcing a smirk across the square-headed pokemon's mouth. it dies beneath the ensuing onslaught, the CLOSE COMBAT forcing the duo to exchange a series of blows. just when it looks like the hitmonlee has the advantage, mako returns it all back to sender, a vicious blow to act as REVENGE.
[break][break]
"not bad, but, yer gonna have to do much better."
[break][break]
he coaxes the competitive nature inside of her, like fanning a flame. if it also riled up her dislike of him? well, that was an interesting bonus.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 7:46:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Too close to be recalled in time, the Hitmonlee was hit squarely with Hitmonchan’s REVENGE, its amped up power delivering it to the sand with a thud—FAINTED by its red-gloved counterpart.

“Hm. That was just lucky.” Did a scientist believe in such a thing?

A glow from its capsule collected the fighter to its ball, and it was quickly replaced by the returning Castform. Both Lulu’s remaining team would be at a disadvantage, so she went with the one which could most easily stay out of reach. Hitmonchan relied mostly on battling in close quarters; she knew that much, unless they had other tricks up their sleeves.

The Castform quickly decided on an assault, and shot a powerful FIRE BLAST towards the Hitmonchan—still powered up by its previous SUNNY DAY.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 17:35:41 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
mako feels his opponent go limp beneath his strike, but barely has time to register anything more than his own exhaustion as a FIRE BLAST fills the gap air in its oppressive heat. raising his arms instinctually to block does nothing, and soon enough, even he succumbs.
[break][break]
with a 'tsk' noise, king recalls the fighting-type.
[break][break]
"ta think, the professor herself believing in stuff like luck. must'a been, i 'spose. but what will we will ye call it when i wipe yer whole team?"
[break][break]
the breloom takes the field once more, returning their battle to its original form. beneath the heat she's certainly uncomfortable, but, not entirely out of her element. caution is her first instinct, so, she coaxes it; feeds it. shaking the cap of her head, she fills the air with a visibly thick layer of STUN SPORE.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 18:30:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
They were one for one, now, and the satisfaction danced in her eyes from across the sand. It was almost as though no one else were there, watching. No cameras. Just the two of them, their competitiveness washing everything else away with force.

“Mm, we'll call it a hypothetical for now.”

STUN SPORE floated through the breeze and around the Castform, and Lulu covered her face with a hand so as to not catch any of it. A few people downwind on the beach might’ve found odd numbing sensations across their faces at some point shortly after.

Castform was PARALYZED, and fell out of the air to the sand. Although it was unable to shift forms effectively, it remained in its sunny shape from before. “Try FIRE BLAST again!”

The Castform did as told, and was luckily able to hurl the SUNNY DAY powered flames one more time before the shade of fluffy, benevolent clouds began to dot the sky again.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 18:39:31 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the two flirted on the edge of danger with their banter and subtle air of arrogance, and pride. it amused and excited king to know that he was this close to being reported alive.
[break][break]
"call it what ye want, sweetheart, if it'll distract ye from the pain of losin' the battle."
[break][break]

that word again. oh how he knew it would rile her up.
[break][break]
as the castform descends like a not-so heavenly messenger, the breloom mouth turns upwards into a smirk. then, the FIRE BLAST comes their way again.
[break]

[break]

what was the definition of insanity again?

[break]

[break]

throwing her arms up in a guard, she takes the brunt of the attack, a BURN forming across much of her exposed skin. she hissed, but tosses out another LEECH SEED quickly.
[break][break]

she didn't want a repeat of last time, after all.
[break][break]
"ye know, if yer interesting in betting again.... i wouldn't mind an assistant for the day."

[break][break]

his taunting smirk was all the more wider now, teeth just barely visible in the shadow of his hat. how he lived for ruining her day.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:38:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu, too, felt a similar thrill, having faked her death months prior. It was a risk, being on television—but the bet was, that no one would ever realize quick enough to peg who she was. Someone would. Probably lots of people, despite her ever-present ‘disguise’, but by then, she would have disappeared like smoke.

It didn’t matter anymore.

Sweetheart.

“Don’t make me cover over there, asshole.” A snarl marked her words.

The LEECH SEED took onto the Castform’s grounded, PARALYZED body and began to sap it of its health. It stayed put, doing nothing.

Growling inaudibly from across the field, she finally called. “I’m not making bets today!”

Come on... do something...

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:49:33 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king55"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king's eyes go wide and comical, like a caricature.
[break][break]
"ye wan' do that here? i didn't take ye for that kin'a woman, but..."
[break][break]
he trails off, knowing he was further pressing a button that he might regret later. maybe. probably.
[break][break]
from at range, cap tosses a barrage of SEED BOMBS, littering the paralyzed pokemon's area with minor explosions. from across the field, lulu yells defiantly back at king in almost a child-like tantrum.
[break][break]
it was cute.
[break][break]
"not so confident today, mm? yer loss then."
[break][break]
at least, it would've been, had she accepted.

[break][break]

[break]