twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 21:06:31 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He was kind of checked out for the duration of the tournament. It was a low-stakes way to hang out with friends and drink enough feraligatr-ade to fuel a whole soccer team. Then again, this time on the mound of sand, it looked more like a stage. His more recent losses atleast looked closer than ever. Like he was finally winning the respect of the venue owners through sheer dogged determination.

"Oh! I know you! We dealt with that disturbance in our uh... apartment block together."

Giona blinked, looking to Chu-e. He had a comically serious expression all of a sudden. Not that it was Chu-e's fault. He'd just recalled not one but two incidents where a Haunter nearly ended him, as a prank.

"Knowing you, you have something big going on later. Do you need a warmup?" He said, looking to him. A row of pokeballs were clipped to the waistband of his sweatpants, which he wore over black leather sandals with black tube-socks. No shirt, towel around his neck. Three of the balls seemed to rustle, as if they were just used, and the wild pokemon inside were still fighting its influence. He scooped them up into two cupped hands, to stop them from pulling his pants down.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 2:43:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

"Hey!" It was that grunt with the Haunter in the hallway! Wasn't his name ? Chu-e could barely remember if he was being honest. A familiar face was always welcome enough, though. Especially since with all the battling he was getting more and more tired. He didn't think he had that many more left in him.

Wait, had he properly introduced himself then? Chu-e couldn't remember. Oh well. This guy would figure out who he was eventually if he hadn't already.

"Nah, my plan is to just go home and make my boyfriend carry me to bed like a princess."

At least he was honest.

He had a few Love balls clipped to his own hip. They were well loved and used judging by the wear and tear. One was pulled off and tossed in hand for a moment before he released the pokemon inside- a tiny Alcremie, her body an unusual black color instead of the species' normal pink.

She peered up at Giona curiously.

- Chu-e's Outfit
- Going by 'Ji-Hoon Ki' in the tournament
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 3:46:31 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Grunt was accurate. He'd gotten bigger since then, but he kept the Rocket branded pokeballs and grey boots issued to grunts. He'd even wore the full uniform to the poaching mission in Fortree, as ill-advised as that was. He wouldn't recognize Chu-e on that level though. He didn't even recognize Fernando Silph, a man who was in the news and tabloids multiple times.

"Yeah! I'm glad we took care of that before anyone woke up. Wasn't even the first time a Haunter tried to murder me as a joke."

Giona blinked, looking to Chu-e. He smirked, starting to come to life a little.

"Nice. Sounds like fun." He said, looking to him. He had his own... pursuits, but they hadn't gone this far yet. Musharna stood first, trying to cast Hypnosis on Alcremie. A dampening psychic wave that'd feel like a weighted blanket over its head.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 5:30:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Not the first time? Damn." Chu-e could sympathize. Somehow, as rare an event as it was, he had been kidnapped by Abomasnow TWICE. Maybe some people just really drew the ire of certain species. Fucked up.

"It'll be nice! If I'm cute enough, maybe I can get him to rub my feet...." Even though his boyfriend was kind of a horn-dog, for now Chu-e was speaking of mostly innocent things... all he would want to do after being out all day was curl up and sleep.

The Alcremie would let out a dainty yawn, but not before her entire body was coated in a thick purple slime. It seemed to seep out of her pores, which caused Chu-e to wrinkle his nose. An Acid Armor. She then ended up curling up and dozing off, unable to resist the call to sleep.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 21:07:07 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He had to power through that. There was no other choice, after wanted posters went up. He had to put together a new person to be quick, and for some reason the Gastly he caught with _ made him immediately go "ghost expert". It wasn't too drastic a change either, just letting the pink dye run out and buzzing his hair down.

"Just gotta be patient with that sort of thing. Wouldn't have gotten a Gengar if I couldn't deal with that."

Giona blinked, looking to Chu-e. He smirked, starting to come to life a little.

"That guy who was checking everyone out on the sub? Could he keep it in his pants long enough to massage your feet?" He said, snickering a little. Giona had his own... pursuits, but they hadn't gone this far yet. His team rotated, putting Gengar front and center. It'd use Hex, a psychic wave that'd hurt twice as much if it landed, on account of Alcremie sleeping.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 10:02:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Did know ? How had he figured out that's who he was talking about? Whatever, it did make things easier.

"I hope so. At this point I'm confident he doesn't have a foot fetish." Pretty sure. Did Leon have a foot fetish? ... nah. Chu-e felt like they would have talked that over by now.

The hit landed, making the Alcremie wince in her sleep. Sighing, Chu-e rotated out for another pokemon. Shame he didn't do that last round. Yams had kind of forgotten what kind of battle this was.

The Grimmsnarl growled out before firing off a Dark Pulse.
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 20:35:36 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He'd first met so many of the Rockets when a @ everyone was issued on the sub. When someone dutifully shared hair and skin care products with the group. When someone stood off to the side and watched people bathe. There was a nonzero chance that Leon had seen everyone naked.

"Our friends at work are full of surprises, Ji-Hoon."

Giona said, being as vague as possible. He had the difficult task of playfully ribbing him while not letting the public be privy to things they didn't need to know. It was an instinct that smothered his attempt to talk to , but his superiors probably appreciated it.

"And you are too." Gengar was struck. It crumpled, two hits like that was all it'd take to total it. He rotated his team until he had a chance to use Dream Eater. Rotom stood infront, using Thunder Wave on Grimmsnarl. It tried to use a descending line of sparks to stun it. It was setting up to spam Electro Ball. If it worked, it worked.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 2:12:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I dunno, we're, like, dating. So I feel like kink stuff should be talked about." Chu-e hummed and tried to think it over. Should they have that talk? They had talked about a lot of other important stuff... Was Leon really okay with how much he had been biting him? Damn, maybe he should ask.

While Chu-e thought over his bedroom etiquette, the Grimmsnarl was paralyzed. He growled and tried to reach forward to slap the Rotom with a Foul Play.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 3:04:32 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The thought of the man who checked everyone out being bashful all of a sudden made him laugh.

"I'm sure he wouldn't shy away from such a conversation."

Giona said, thinking back to his own incredibly chaste date. He may as well have left room for Jesus on that couch between him and that Alice. Now, to reveal his inexperience by saying something that was as cryptic as it was technically true. To make it clear that this 23 year old was in no sense of the word at the grown-ups table on the Rocket sub yet.

"--Either way. I'm sure that if you make yourself open, he'll show you what's in his heart." Rotom was struck, and curled up. A critical hit left Giona putting it in a ball to protect it from further harm. Frankly, Rotom posed the only real threat to Grimmsnarl. Giona started thinking, and Gengar immediately rushed to the fore, trying to use Hex to press the advantage.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 4:24:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Aw, that's a sweet way to put that." And to think this conversation had started about a foot fetish.

"I know the guy loves me. He told me so! It's really cute... it's like, just gotta make sure we're both happy. Uh...." Chu-e squinted at the battle, his Grimmsnarl tried to use another attack, but the paralysis prevented him from moving.

"I kind of got distracted there."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 5:15:44 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona was inarticulate. Terrible with words. In his attempt to be gentle, he’d found the right thing to say, and smiled gently to try and make it look like he did it on purpose.

"You know him better than anyone else. And... He’ll know that you’re doing the best you can with what you know."

Giona said, thinking about his next comment. That he’d been distracted. Weren’t they all, between the constant battling, near-heatstroke, and drinking?

"I think we’re all distracted. The sun blasting our brains, and all. I didn’t recognize that Fernando Silph right away, and his sister didn’t recognize me, despite being there when I got arrested."  Gengar pushed the advantage. The stunning blast seemed to hold Grimmsnarl in place. Gengar snickered, using Hex on the stunned foe.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 0:05:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The advantage was pushed, Grimmsnarl fainted.

Shiinotic was rotated to the front of the battle.

'I meant more uh...." He motioned vaguely in front of him, to the battle at hand.

"If I had swapped, my pokemon wouldn't have fainted so fast." A pout.

The Shiinotic Ingrained into the ground.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:14:31 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

They really were distracted from the battle. For Chu-e it may have been different. For Giona, the entire tournament was a string of slightly embarrassing losses. He'd checked out, and made a point to just hang out with his friends.

"--Point taken."

Giona said, thinking about his next comment. He then whistled a slowly descending note, like a sound effect for someone falling.

"...Yeah. I'm not familiar with this format either."  Gengar "fell" into a hole made by Phantom Force, trying to get the jump on Shiinotic.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:49:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Since the Shiinotic was literally rooted in place, there wasn't really much that she could do to avoid the attack coming her way. Other than brace herself hope for the best. She did set up a Spore, hoping the other pokemon might fall into the puff of pollen and maybe start sneezing or something when it came back up.

But, Chu-e just shrugged it off. He didn't really care if he won or lost in this tournament. His civilian name, 'Ji-Hoon Ki' was just a nobody, after all, so keeping his record out of the top was for the best to stay low anyway.

"I only tried it once earlier today. It seems kind of hair-brained, honestly. Like, better as a mechanic in a game than something you do for real, ya know?"

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs chu-e [ H☆T ]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 1:44:35 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

They really were distracted from the battle. Furthermore, a chance to complain about something arose. He smirked, and followed up.

"--Even then, it’s like something you’d put in a game to pad the features list in advertisements."

Giona said, thinking about his next comment. He then whistled, and Gengar surely enough, sneezed as it flew out, grimacing. Nonetheless, it’d keep barreling towards Shiinotic. 

"...This sucks. I’m tired. How about you, man?"  Giona said, raising a brow. His entire body glistens with a thin layer of sweat. His eyes glazed over, like a dog’s. The way the skin over his eye moved made it unclear if it was a scar or just a face tattoo.