Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 5:18:10 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the lull of day breaks into night, and finally, their watch has ended. security for popular events like these were common; an easy paycheck.
[break][break]
he approaches sagira, the uneasiness in his chest still lingering from the last time they spoke. was it a week? more? he holds a cold bottle of water out for her —— a gift to ease any potential tension —— and sits next to her.
[break][break]
"hey, how're ye feelin'?"
[break][break]
it'd been a long day.
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/k2wPWzk/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 5:48:37 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
If it had been a week, Sage had not paid so much attention to call it. She and King were friendly, and she expected that, regardless of whatever it was that had gotten to him, he would come back around.

When he sat next to her, she looked over and smiled as though nothing had happened. It had been an easy day, despite its length, so there was no reason not to.

“Tired, but fine. Ready for a shower.” She laughed lightly. “You?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 6:15:08 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
her laugh filled his chest with a feeling that left him empty afterwards. a blessing, and a curse. he pushes on though, doing his best to hide the faint bit of exhaustion in his breathe.
[break][break]
"a bit of the same."
[break][break]
he watches people pass and go on about their business, most with kids, too. not that he thought about it, had he ever been to a carnival?
[break][break]
"ye wanna walk 'round a bit? it's the last day 'n all. might be good ta unwind."

[break][break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/k2wPWzk/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 6:29:36 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Her eyes followed the direction of his briefly, and then found her own randos to casually spy on from afar. Carnivals were a trip. People.

“Sure. Why not?”

She might’ve made some comment about how they’d been on their feet all day already, but she didn’t, because he’d been off.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 6:37:01 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he sucks in a large breathe of air, and stands. his feet and back ache, but, they were nothing compared to the joy that washed over him at her acceptance.[break][break]

he pulls a crumpled map out of his pocket, stuffing the loose change back inside.
[break][break]
"i think i saw a churro place right down 'ere..."
[break][break]
words trail off as he walks, eyes scanning for that cart. he'd heard good things about them, just, never quite had the chance.
[break][break]
after a few precious seconds pass, he spots the familiar figure sitting behind the cart, texting on a stool.
[break][break]
"did ye want one?"
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 7:16:40 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sage walked beside him, content and tired as stated before. Her pace was as leisurely as he allowed, unless he picked up the pace in search of a snack.

Eyes followed his over to the place he was looking for.

“Uh, sure. Thanks.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 7:45:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"ya, it's no problem."
[break][break]
he approaches the man, giving him a tight smile. he looked uninterested in the exchange and king didn't blame him. it's quick, simple, and soon enough, he returns with two churros.[break][break]
"have ye had one of these before?"
[break][break]
blues scurtinize the cinnamon stick, but he takes a bite and... enjoys it. lips quirk upwards in surprise, and he's speaking before he could even swallow fully.
[break][break]
"holy shit, these 'ar good."
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 9:41:20 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sage followed quietly beside him, smiling just as tightly at the man working in a wordless greeting, before looking back out to the carnival idly while he made the transaction.

A light from a ride hit his blue eyes as he turned back with the pastries and she took the ones offered, still appreciating a moment with an odd look before attention was directed to food.

“I think so, at… some restaurant or something, when I was kid. These look a lot better.”

She tried one, and made a satisfied sound. Sugar and cinnamon scattered about her lips and she wiped it on the back of her thumb.

“Shit—yeah they are.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 3:52:21 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
her satisfaction was sweeter than the cinnamon stick, and he reveled in the enjoyment of both for a moment. a second wind hit, revitalizing the part of him that was dead on his feet. king gave her an audible shit-eating grin and made a point to eat while he walked.
[break][break]
child-like wonder guides his eyes as he watches some of the rides, thinking of what they would be like.
[break][break]
"wish i had the time ta get on one of these. i bet they're pree' fun."
[break][break]
another bite finishes the snack, and he looks to sagira for her trash —— if she was finished and had any —— to dispose of them both.
[break][break]
"anythin' ye wanna do 'fore they pack up the place?"
[break][break]
eyes linger on the carnival games section, then, meet her gaze, grinning.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 8:05:56 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
She tilted her head. “What? You’ve never been on one?”

That seemed odd to her.

After finishing off the last the churros, the papery remnants were turned over to his hand with a ‘thanks’.

“Uhh…” Once more, she followed his eyes. Games?

She pointed, directly where he was looking. “Over there? I could gamble a little; why not.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 2:18:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
mouth gapes slightly in surprise. had he said that? cheeks burn, and he turns away before she could hopefully notice.
[break][break]
"i... guess i just never had the chance."
[break][break]

lips split into a grin and he turns his attention back onto the rows of games. he saw dozens of people playing all sorts of things. something with a lot of jars? basketball? there was even a shooting one?
[break][break]
oh, yes.
[break][break]
"i'm probably pree' good at these."
[break][break]
eyes widen slightly, and he turns on her, somehow widening the suspicious grin.
[break][break]
"want ta make a bet?"
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 7:28:35 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
“Hm. That’s kind of sad, Wayland. Think they’ll let us get on one? Or maybe there’s still some rides running in the back…”

She doubted it at that point, but if he wanted to try badly enough, she’d follow him.

His grin was warming, and good to see after he’d been so glum.

A brow quirked and her face went a touch nervous at his question. But, considering that she had agreed to a little gambling, she shrugged. Seemed like fun.

“Ok. Sure, why not. What’s the bet?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 7:47:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
she put up a strong front, but, if she was anything like him, she was exhausted. just asking her to walk around with him, felt like too much. he wouldn't put her a ride and potentially give her a migraine.
[break][break]
"it's okey. there's always next time, ye? 'sides, they don't look that scary."
[break][break]
at least, not really. but that one over there had a large drop...
[break][break]
he pushed it from his mind, content to try them next time. hopefully, with her?
[break][break]
"well, i bet ye i can win at one of these games on the first try, 'n if i don't, i'll clean the bathroms fer a week."
[break][break]
a dangerous bet. was known to cause a real mess sometimes.
[break][break]
"we on?"[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 10:19:18 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sage gave a light laugh. “Not that scary, huh?”

Her shoulder bumped into his lightly, teasing. It was a funny thought that he might be intimidated by the same things that children spent their allowances to go on. Everyone had their thing.

Suddenly, this didn’t sound so bad.

But, she had to be sure.

“So, wait… that doesn’t mean that if I lose, I have to clean the bathrooms for a week, does it?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
merry go round
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 21:34:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
HUH, CARNIVAL...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"o-of course not. no flyin' metal death machine gon' scare me away."
[break][break]
he stumbles a bit at her light shove, but finds himself laughing along with her. he could go into a knife fight with one hundred percent confidence, but ridin' a steel death trap at sixty mph? that was just asking for trouble.
[break][break]
his eyes widen, and he takes a teasingly scrupulous look.
[break][break]
"hm."
[break][break]
he was curious what she thought.
[break][break]
"what do ye purpose then is yer punishment for losin'?"
[break]

[break]