twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 6:19:34 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona got the one last approval email from Rustboro’s City Planning Commission, regarding his Gym. Furthermore, a dutiful Ivysaur at home was unpacking. He may have lost at the tournament. Several times, some of which weren’t even close. But he won at his life outside of it. So, his slight smirk was warranted.

"Hey, man. You down?"

The only time he read the news, he saw Theo get outed. That was a real nail-biter for Giona, who met him publicly. He must be loyal to his capo at all costs. A pokeball in his pants rustled at an... unfortunate angle and tilt. He obliged it and released Sableye so nobody got the wrong idea.

Giona wouldn’t have recognized Razz. Razz however could’ve very well caught wind of a ninth gym leader, a shirtless man with an undercut.

"This heat, huh? Yikes."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:07:40 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

"Down what?" Razz questions confused at the other who had approached him. The intensity of the tournament was defiantly getting to him as reading others was getting harder and harder the more he competed. [break][break]

Though as he looks at the other there is some recognition there as he sees him. The ranger always did what he could to keep up with current events. Though often he would just see the headline rather than read into details about it. So he knows the other's face from the announcement of brand new gym leaders as it seems Hoenn was trying out giving extra spots. [break][break]

"Uhhh its fine I guess? Though I think I'm just used to the heat," he shrugs like its no big deal. Having been in the middle of his own explosions. "You're that new gym leader right?" he questions as his Rockruff comes back with the frisbee they were playing with.

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 21:04:03 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona looked him over. He'd give King a knowing nod. The benefit of the doubt too. It seems like everyone was getting a case of sun-brain. It wasn't a thing to complain about, as it'd saved him from being hounded by people who remembered his prior arrest.

"Down to battle one last time. I gotta pack up and attend to other things after this."

The Rockruff running up to Razz had an innocent look on its face. Knowing what Sableye could do if he wasn't careful, he paused for a second, and looked to Razz. "Hey. I uh... This Sableye is mostly for palling around with my friends at work. Do you want me to bring out my Espurr instead? It'd suck if I hurt your dog, man."

Giona tugged at the towel around his neck. It kept the sun off him, but it also trapped heat and moisture on his skin. There was no way to win that battle.

"Yeah, I even moved to where my job is, so I wouldn't have to cross Rusturf tunnel every time I had to go."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 4:09:53 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There is a pause as he has to think. [Break][break]

"Oh right, uhh sorry I guess the sun is having more effect than I thought," he takes the water bottle he carries for his lies and dumps a bit in his hair before some in his hands. Cool himself off a bit. "A battle is fine, Razz agrees as he gets up. Getting his answer about who the other was and he shakes his head, because he could hear Salem protesting at the other for how dare he want to being na espurr out as a scapegoat. [Break][break]

"nah Spice is more than capable of handling himself," he chuckles lightly as the rockruff barks in excitement. "Besides I'm sure this one would beat me up if we beat an espurr," he attempts to joke though his delivery may come off as more serious than he intended. [Break][break]

P2OREtis

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 5:39:19 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona looked him over. His pause lingered in the air. Neither spoke, and the breeze wasn’t stiff enough to make a sound.

"It’s cool, man. We’re all kinda out of it right now. It’s been a whole month of daily public appearances for some people, in addition to their actual responsibilities. I didn’t even recognize that Fernando Silph guy when I saw him."

The Rockruff running up to Razz had an innocent look on its face. Razz nonetheless insisted on taking the battle seriously. In retrospect, Giona’s comment could’ve been mildly disrespectful. Like an older brother offering to beat a game for you. "Alright, man. I just thought I’d offer. Just the other day I pushed out an Ivysaur that I caught a week ago just to see what would happen.."

Giona tugged at the towel around his neck. It kept the sun off him, but it also trapped heat and moisture on his skin. There was no way to win that battle. Sableye opened up with Confuse Ray. A blast of redirected light attempting to confuse and disorient the dog right away. 9HWinzzh

"This sun, huh? Before I adjusted to it, there was a week of battles where I camped out next to a cooler full of drinks."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 6:52:15 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Whole month? I'm guessing the announcement of becoming a Gym Leader takes awhile then?" the younger man curiously ask, honestly he probably couldn't deal with the attention it takes to become one. He hopes he doesn't have to deal with it. [break][break]

The ranger can't help but tilt his head at the other with some confusion, "You pushed out an Ivysaur? No training? Kinda harsh don't you think?" Though its not like he knows the full story, so he'll keep the judgment to himself for now. For now Razz gives a tired whistle for the fight. While the CONFUSE RAY hits, thanks to OWN TEMPO Spice isn't confused. [break][break]

Allowing him to go up for a CRUNCH. Meanwhile it seemed the other trainer wanted to talk more. Which was fine, it would give Spice the chance to think on his own, "Is that healthy? Unless it was all water then whatever works I suppose"

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]
[break]+ With OWN TEMPO Spice is immune to Confuse Ray
[break]+ Spice uses CRUNCH

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:01:51 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona looked him over. His pause lingered in the air. Neither spoke, and the breeze wasn’t stiff enough to make a sound. Razz struck him as comically serious. He had a hard time approaching people he knew nothing about, but now he had a vague mental archetype for him. A space that King Wayland also occupied.

"It’s all done, but I had a few days where sun-brain got between me and my email correspondence with the City Planning Commission and School District of Rustboro."

The Rockruff seemed to do just fine without interference from either trainer. It gave the two room to talk and distance themselves from this. "I mean, it posed a threat to my Bronzor somehow. I just had to see how it'd fare here."

Giona tugged at the towel around his neck. It kept the sun off him, but it also trapped heat and moisture on his skin. He fought the elements harder than any pokemon here. The sun clearly had a vendetta against him, but he put up with it. It was always better to have something actively mad at you than passively simmering.

Sableye flinched under the influence of Rockruff's Crunch. It just didn't have the reaction speed yet. It'd have to just take another hit and wait it out.

"It was all electrolyte drinks. Water, salt, sugar, fruit flavoring. Your body sweats out electrolytes, so water by itself would've left me too weak."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 5:43:30 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Being the socially unaware person he was the Ranger doesn't take notice of the pause between them. If fact he just believes it because the other wanted to focus on the battle. Which was honestly easier for him. After the CRUNCH makes the other flinch Razz gives a whistle to the pup, having them follow their attack with a THUNDER FANG. [break][break]

"Sounds complicated," he comments about the gym leader dealing with setting up. He really wasn't good at holding up a conversation. But he made the attempt? "But impressive that your Ivysaur could hold up against a steel type on it's own," so maybe he wouldn't judge the other as much. "Have you been using this Tournament to help train your pokemon for the Gym?"

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]
[break]+ Spice uses THUNDER FANG

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:07:18 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona looked him over. His pause lingered in the air. Neither spoke, and the breeze wasn’t stiff enough to make a sound. Razz struck him as comically serious. He had a hard time approaching people he knew nothing about, but now he had a vague mental archetype for him. A space that King Wayland also occupied.

"Yeah, that really surprised me too. Truth be told, Ivysaur isn't going into the gym. It's mostly there to watch the Rowlet while I'm at work."

The Rockruff seemed to do just fine without interference from either trainer. In fact, it followed up with Thunder Fang. A devastating move that left Sableye panting. It seemed like too little too late at this point, but he had to know if it'd work. "Yeah, Sableye and Chandelure really need it."

Giona tugged at the towel around his neck. It kept the sun off him, but it also trapped heat and moisture on his skin. He fought the elements harder than any pokemon here. The sun clearly had a vendetta against him, but he put up with it. It was always better to have something actively mad at you than passively simmering.

Sableye expanded. The stone in its chest swelled, forming a tower-shield for it to cower behind. It responded in turn by using Zen Headbutt, trying to make Rockruff flinch, before putting up the shield again.

"It still needs work. But... A few more of these tournament cycles, and I think I'd be able to challenge all the other gyms."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:18:46 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

A 'tch' escapes him as the other pokemon Mega Evolves, though despite their conversation Razz is still able to focus. They need to play defensive until the mega evolution. Following a whistle from his trainer Spice howls creating rocks from his body and using ROCK SLIDE to get between the ghost and himself, reducing the force of the ZEN HEADBUTT. [break][break]

"Gym Leaders are still able to collect other's badges?" he questions not really understanding it all, "Sorry, I don't do gym battles... ever really so I don't understand their formats very well," especially Hoenn's as their rules seemed to be different than others.

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]
[break]+ Spice uses ROCK SLIDE for defense.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:34:56 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona looked him over. His pause lingered in the air. Neither spoke, and the breeze wasn’t stiff enough to make a sound.

The Rockruff seemed to do just fine without interference from either trainer. In fact, it struck again with Rock Slide. It wasn't enough to knock out Sableye. However, Sableye trembled, struggling to support the weight of its tower shield. As an act of mercy, Giona called it back to a ball capsule, protecting it from further harm. He effectively surrendered.

Giona stalled out. He glistened, from a thin layer of sweat coating his body.

"I don't know. I don't actually know if you can do that. said she wanted to visit my gym, and I just couldn't say no. The sun is really taking its toll on everyone."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 0:11:57 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Spice noticed the way the ghost pokemon seemed to struggle after their attack. Maybe they were new to the whole Mega Evolution, a weakness Spice was ready to exploit until the GYM Leader recalled their pokemon. Thus making them the winner, huh that was a surprise. Though he suppose it allowed him to focus on the conversation a bit while Spice barked up at Salem who went to give the pup a high five. [break][break]

"Fair enough, guess expecting a new GYM Leader to know everything might be a bit much sorry about that," he hopes he hasn't insulted the other. "What did you do before the Gym?"

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]
[break]+

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:51:48 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Open up about what he did before the gym? If this person knew he was a Rocket... Surely, he could say things that were technically true. That he worked for various front companies, or made sure that people paid protection on time.

"I was a line cook before this. Every week, I'd go on a hike to Mount Pyre, or Mount Chimney. Work was physically demanding enough, for me hiking was about wanting to challenge myself, while taking my pokemon out on walks."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 6:48:03 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Admittedly he has no clue what a line cook was. His knowledge on a lot of other careers was still very limited. Though he'll just nod his head pretends he understands. What was difficult to understand about a cook right? [break][break]

"Seems like a good work out, I'm guessing from the challenge made you want the work change? Or was it something about the ghost?" He leans in a tad curious, "My father was a self proclaimed ghost expert, says they're a very different breed to work with"

[break][break]

+ // H✩T[break]
[break]+

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs razz [(H✩T)]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 2:11:35 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Razz was so kind as to give him a way out. A fork in the road, for talking about getting his new job. He'd rather not dwell on his Line Cook days. On his days of waiting hand and foot on tyrannical customers, not to mention kicking up dues to Rocket. On how you had to smoke to have a normal heart rate after a fast day at work.

"I knew I had to do something with what I knew, which was that there are Ghost types that owe so much to human intervention, like Polteageist, or Chandelure. I had to tell people that we can build a powerful with Pokemon and the world. They already do it in Fortree. I set up my gym to teach people that."