1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:52:38 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac stood on the battlefield, worn sand shifting underfoot. The place had been churned up well and good over the last day. The sunlight was fading, but there was always time for another battle. Zac waited patiently for his next challenger. 

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:57:50 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Well, this was a man. Though compared to the likes of John the Doug, this one was a lot more of a man, if she could say that much. She probably should revise her terminology at some point, really. But that was the first thought that came to mind, really. However, thanks to her training and upbringing, she didn’t show much reaction to that other than her usual, pleasant little smile as she approached.

White dress and sandals herself, she at the very least fit in with the place’s aesthetic anyway. It was getting late, so this was probably the last fight for this particular day. Suited her just fine. “Good evening, monsieur. It seems like you are waiting for someone. If it is no one in particular, then it is probably me, I would say.”
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:05:29 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Great to meetcha!" Zac said, offering a massive hand to shake in greeting. He was always excited to meet new people, especially ones with such exotic accents. "The name's Zac Ramsay," he said, beaming at his latest challenger and waiting for her to introduce herself. 

As they were chatting, Zappa unburied from his bed in the hot sand nearby. The Heliolisk flashed its frill in greeting.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:16:49 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Well, he was friendly too. A friendly bear of a person. She offered a more delicate hand in return, slightly unsure about that at first, but she figured that he was gentler than he might look. People like that usually were.

“Evette Moreau,” she replied, making sure to articulate it proper in order to show the right kind of pronunciation right away. No one had any right to get it wrong when they only ever heard it. In the meantime, a Heliosk appeared, probably the Pokemon that he was going to use. “Do you have any preference as to how to go about this?”
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 0:45:31 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Pleasure to meet ya Evette!" Zac said, grinning. "How about just a good old one on one, yeah? Nothing fancy. Just whoever you've got, facing off against Zappa here." Zac scritched the head of the reptile, making it chirp in delight. 

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 9:36:22 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“The pleasure is all mine,” she replied with a little bow. It somehow felt appropriate, given that he had so much pressure and, well, presence, even when talking casually. It wasn’t anything problematic or dangerous, but she certainly could feel it anyway. It was always that way, really. She did tend to feel about people more than she really reasoned about them, most of the time.

And this didn’t feel half bad. “I can certainly agree to a good old fashioned duel. And since you have Zappa, I guess I will bring out the Rappa,” she explained, using slang for once just to make the pun. Then, she called Toxcricity forth who gave her an odd look. “I know, I know. Rap is definitely not punk enough for you. That was just word play.” He sighed in response, but accepted his master’s explanation regardless.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 14:36:38 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac laughed at the great pun. "Zappa and Rappa! Nice one!" he said, as the laughter broke into scattered chuckles. His Heliolisk didn't get the joke, but was definitely excited for another battle. 

The lizard hunkered down before rushing at its enemy, darting past and then back in a crackling, PARABOLIC CHARGE.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 16:01:43 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Heh.. She suppressed the urge to scratch her neck. Him just stating that so brazenly made her suddenly feel quite self-aware in that regard, which was a little bit embarrassing. But it was still a compliment, and his laugh seemed genuine. So, she accepted it.

“Well, it is nothing special. Also, Noble Roar,” she replied and ordered, with Toxcricity roaring loudly at the lizard, hoping to either stop it in its tracks, or weaken its attack so that it would do a lot less damage.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 1:12:14 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

As Zappa's form crackled through the return half of his charge, he was hit by a blast of terrifying sound. A roar, from deep in the throat of the 'Rappa', shook the lizard from his scaly nose down to the black tip of his tail. 

He scales shifted, and his frill burst outwards in worry and intimidation. Was he being attacked? Static crackled in the salt air, and a weak bolt of lightning crashed down onto the sands. 

Zappa was hit by Noble Roar
Zappa used Thunder

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:26:45 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
That Noble Roar worked pretty well. Naturally, Toxcricity was pleased with itself, but the strategy seemed to work out rather well so far. With this Pokemon, Evette clearly had a much different strategy in mind than usual.

Thus, she would not attack. At least not yet. Or rather, she wouldn’t try to hurt that Zappa just yet. Instead, a different kind of zap was incoming. “Eerie Impulse next,” she ordered, and this time it was Toxcricity’s scales that lit up, sending out a wave of electricity designed to further neuter her opponent’s offensive power.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:22:58 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zappa's THUNDER crashed, missing Toxtricity. When the opponent sent out an EERIE IMPULSE, Zappa dug down under the sand, letting the electricity soak harmlessly into the ground. 

"That's the way mate! Use the sand!" Zac said, laughing at the little burrowing lizard. Zappa chirped, shaking off the grains. He bent down, head close to the ground, and flared his frill. Then he started running. The disc scooped up sand, forming a shifting bow wave that would BULLDOZE his opponent! 

Zappa avoided Eerie Impulse
Zappa used Bulldoze

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:42:50 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
So, it was more a ground type than an electric type, it appeared. Though, admittedly, she did know that this was not one of Zappa’s types. She just found it interesting how that Pokemon decided to escape the electricity.

However, the ground was good at conducting things other than that. Like, say, vibrations. “Stop that advance with Boom Burst,” she ordered, which made Toxcricity swiftly start huffing his chest and then emitting a very loud, well, booming voice at the other Pokemon.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 0:56:40 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The BOOM BURST blasted the beach, the vibrations hitting Zappa in a wall of sound and force that sent him tumbling backwards. He flipped back onto his feet and scuttled forward, favoring one leg. 

Zappa's frill flared, and the air grew heavy with ions as another huge THUNDER struck down towards his opponent. 

Zappa was hit with Boom Burst
Zappa attacked with Thunder

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:21:05 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Heh, nice, it was blasted away. This worked rather well, Eve decided. She had some reservations beforehand, especially given that Tocricity was a rather new addition to her team. But it was doing quite well for itself. And on top of that, its personality and natural inclinations were in line with how she liked to fight.

As in, it was using a bit of psychology, too. That was why it used another Noble Roar, seeking to further neuter its damage further. Tox was willing to just stand and endure the Thunder for that, too. It hurt, it still did damage, but it was confident that it could take it. And it wanted to show Zappa exactly that, in order to beat it down that way.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Eve [H*T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 13:38:41 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zappa, already shaken by the first roar and scattered by the deafening burst of sound, retreated. He scuttled back behind Zac's legs, where the redhead gave him a good scratch. "Nice work mate! You gave it ya best shot, ay?" he said, patting the lizard's scaly flank. "Thanks for the battle!" Zac said, heading over to shake hands with his opponent. "Strong little bugger you've got there, isn't he? Good luck for the rest of the tournament, ay?"

Zappa fled!
Eve wins the battle!