1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 2:40:33 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
You know, Summer felt like she dealt with a lot of ridiculous things, but this was one of the top ten most ridiculous things she had ever done in her life. The other nine spots had to be taken with experiences around her brother. Really, what were these people going on about hearing noises in the middle in the night thinking that actual ghosts were around?

Utterly. Ridiculous. What a waste of her time.

And why did they have to pair her up with some nobody she didn't even know? She would rather handle this on her own instead of having to listen to someone strike up small talk with her while they investigated what was probably someone's Pokemon scrambling through the submarine unsupervised.

Summer clenched her jaw, hands on both her hips as she paced into the courtyard. She was supposed to meet whoever this extra was here. Surtur stood behind her, illuminating the area with the the flames he produced on his body. At least her Emboar would keep her calm... well, calmer than if she were really alone.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 16:12:52 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ghosts were real, obviously. Usually, she had them in her Pokeballs. But given what this job would entail, she had Golett following her on foot and Dreepy floating beside her as she approached the staging area. Apparently, she was to team up with a fellow newcomer of sorts to rocket to figure this out. And since she’d spent most of her life alongside ghost types, she figured that she would at least not be horrible at it.

Just like how she wasn’t terrible at reading body language. And the way that this woman paced, seemingly annoyingly, already told her a lot. Most people in rocket were decent folks, surprisingly, but some probably did live up to the stereotypes. Which was a shame. Since this woman basically had the kind of looks that Vio wanted for herself. Especially in…certain areas.

Anyway, she was here now, dressed reasonably pragmatically, though she had insisted on a skirt regardless. “A good day to you,” she approached the other, definitely seeking to be at least somewhat professional about it all. “We both know the job, so we should get to it, right?”
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:40:03 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Of course, Summer was spaced out a bit, scowling to herself and writing up an internal monologue about how she would rather just be asleep right now, that she did not hear her companion approach. Only when she heard a feminine voice did she dive back into reality, nearly jumping from surprise.

How unprofessional of her.

Surtur turned as well, lighting up more of the area so she could catch a glimpse of her partner for the evening. She gave her a quick glance over, up and down, before uncrossing her arms and placing them on her hips.

"I suppose you're right. Let's get this over with," she said without much regard, stepping out to investigate the area. "The name's Summer. Use it when you need to." She was not the chatty type, and she hoped and prayed this person was not as well.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 22:07:52 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

Ah, so it truly was that kind of person. Reserved to the point of being uptight, probably, but with a bit of a cute side that shone through when she let her guard down and was surprised. The kind of person that could get a certain breed of men really weird in a way that Vio could never accomplish. She probably just lacked the more imposing frame of the other, she reckoned.

Ah, well, at the very least she could deal with this. Hence, she nodded. “Got it,” before taking the lead and into the sub proper for their investigation, her Ghost types following. She figured they would be the best at detecting others of their kind. And if not, they would at least not make this any worse. “Got any special ideas how to detect what is causing the noise? I don’t think there is anything special. But proving negatives is always a thankless endeavour,” she eventually asked, trying to keep to the point and professional as best as she could. Something told her that her partner would appreciate such.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 3:17:32 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer was taken aback how... respectful this person seemed to be with her desired personal space and demands for silence. She contained the shock she felt, instead exchanging a quick glance with Surtur before following after her with her ghostly Pokemon.

"I thought that maybe someone's Pokemon got out into the submarine and was alone when the noise happened. People can be careless with their Pokemon," she said with a small nod to herself. "I don't believe we are haunted with ghost Pokemon here." Hopefully, she wouldn't be corrected on that front.

"Nevertheless, I figured with my dear Surtur, we could either chase them off or draw the culprit to us. He's practically a beacon in this dark," Summer finished. "Unless you have anything better to suggest?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 17:13:28 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ah, there it was. That brief stop between steps, the slight shift in demeanour. Girls like that were mostly the same, now weren’t they? They came in with preconceived notions already and when those were not met, they briefly got confused. Especially since they tended to think negatively of others and thus did not expect anything positive.

Probably would make things easier, too. Vio liked predictable people. They did not get her heart racing than others, but they would not reject her surprisingly, either. “That would be the reasonable assumption,” she replied with a nod. It probably was just that. “I checked with R&D already, but they are not currently working on anything holographic. At least not after hours.” Flint loved talking about these sorts of things, after all. Heck, it would have probably been her job to report that to someone with more common sense.
So no, that was not it. “I will send my Pokemon out as well to see if they can find ghost Pokemon in harder to reach areas. Just in case. If they find anything, they can lure it to Surtur.”
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 20:55:34 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Of course, Summer was pleased when her idea and plan were not shot down by her companion. "Good. That means we can finish this quickly so I can get some sleep before the next job," she thought to herself.

Because who knew where her father would send her that wasn't Mauville City.

"You did your research. Alright, let's execute." She stretched out her fingers and arms, popping her knuckles before relaxing once more. "While you send your Pokemon in, I'll have Surtur wait by the door. I'll bring out Frigg to help in any attempt to capture or chase away as well."

Loki wouldn't make an appearance because she was still too energetic to focus on a mission like this. Frigg soon appeared and stood beside Surtur. With a motion of her hand, the Emboar and Absol stood where they were required to, ready to perform their tasks when needed.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 21:12:42 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

“Technically, I mostly watched others do research,” she replied with a chuckle. A bit more idle chatter, but she did not want to brag, even by omission. At least not for today’s ploy. Truth be told, she had absolutely no reason not to be completely herself with this woman. Yet, she just felt like being a bit different, more pleasing. And it had nothing to do with chest envie at all.

Probably. As they entered, the Dreepy simply went through the nearest wall, seeking to investigate the areas in-between that people could only enter with some problems most of the time. Golett, in the meantime, simply remained perfectly still for a bit, then suddenly started marching stoically in one direction. Maybe he had noticed something. But that did not mean it was her quarry. “If it is a Pokemon or so, I suggest we knock it out immediately and with prejudice. If it belongs to someone, then that’s their problem for just letting it roam. If not, it won’t run. And if it’s a spy, well, then we want it out as soon as possible, anyway.”
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 5:23:51 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer watched the eerie ghost Pokemon begin exploring. It honestly gave her the heebie-jeebies a little. She couldn't help a small scowl from crossing her face. Of course she wasn't afraid of ghosts. Not at all.

Surtur watched them meander around, conducting their search. He seemed interest, even deciding to try to poke his head into the bushes to see if there were any bystanders around to interfere. Which resulted in Frigg giving him a few quick headbutts to get his head out of the foliage before he burst them into flames.

He wasn't the brightest...

"Good idea," Summer complimented, nodding to Violet. "Our team is big enough to handle whatever it is." Out of no where, she heard a rustling noise, which also caught her own Pokemons' attention. She stepped closer to her Emboar, eyebrows raised. "What was that?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 20:37:11 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Oh, wow, a compliment. She had not expected that of the woman. It truly did cause a wholesome shiver to go down her spine. Or, well, it didn’t. Not really. Violet was not that desperate. She would certainly not reject this one out of hand, but she was playing this game for her own amusement, not because she wanted anything specific out of the other.

She did watch the Emboar’s antics, however, clearly bemused by them. There was a noise, clearly, which then caught everyone’s attention, in one of the storage areas bear the access point of the sub. It was where Golet had gone to investigate. There was a small crushing sound as well, which caused an Infiltrator Zubat to emerge from there. Then another. Then a third. A whole flock of them, hiding neatly together unless approached. “This smells of setup,” she commented, while Golet tried to Hammer arm one of the Zubats.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 0:47:19 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
God, these sounds made an unpleasant feeling run through Summer's body, tingling through her fingers and toes. She stood close to her Pokemon, Frigg standing in front of her and Surtur behind her as they waited-

And a Zubat flew out.

She heaved a sigh. Well, that seemed like nothing. Until a lot more followed after it. "What the hell!" Summer gritted out. "Surtur, use FLAMETHROWER! Frigg, use SUCKER PUNCH!" Maybe she'd need Loki's help after all. "How many are there?" she exclaimed.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 14:34:48 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
She recalled Golett. He would be painfully useless in trying to catch quick fliers, after all. Even she knew that. Then again, Vio had gotten a bit better thanks to her fights in the tournament. A little bit, at least. And she was going to put that to use, immediately replacing the sluggish ghost with the much faster Frosmoth, which, with an Icy Wind, delivered the frost to her partner’s flame.

“I counted three so far, but there could be more. We can’t let any of them escape. These things might be carrying cameras.” Though, admittedly, if someone sent a swarm of Zubats into the sub, they probably knew a lot already. But that was no reason to just let them go, either. No, whatever this was, espionage or chance, they had to put a proper stop at it. Though more Zubats were now coming from other corners, too.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 23:18:19 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer kept throwing commands at her Pokemon, who didn't seem to have much trouble with the Zubats given their type. However, when Violet mentioned the possibility of more, she made up her mind.

"Surtur, Frigg, I trust you both to use your best decisions to fight. I'm going to search for Zubats with Loki," she instructed them. They acknowledged her order.

Summer released Loki, the Nickit ready to help out. "Loki and I are going to search over here," she said before taking off in the opposite direction. The little fox sniffed around, rustling through a bush.

And lo and behold, another appeared. "Loki, use FOUL PLAY." Time to see what she could do.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:58:35 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
A few Zubats were frozen, but more kept coming. By now, Dreepy had returned and it started just getting into a melee with a nearby Zubat. The little one was not the most impressive fighter there was, of course, but he was most certainly trying if nothing else. Maybe one day it would get stronger.

Meanwhile, the other girl was more and more discarding that aloof persona and was entering something that seemed like she was quite enjoying the battle, at least on some level. She certainly became very proactive, if nothing else, taking out yet another Pokemon to see if she could draw more Zubats out of hiding.
Interesting. Violet smirked, then she gestured Frostmoth to go up. The little one obeyed. “Powder Snow, on everyone. Make sure these things get grounded.” After all, Emboar and the others would not be hit hard. But as Frosmoth started strafing the area and blanketing it with snow, the Zubats had a harder and harder time just flapping about.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
no sleep til- [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 21:48:02 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Loki attempted her move, which landed with a little bit of grace. She was working on it. But, Summer was still proud of the little Nickit. The Zubat wasn't happy, but it didn't seem to want to attack and tried to fly away.

"Loki, NIGHT SLASH." Flashes of purple appeared, hitting the Zubat who flopped down and disappeared. Loki jumped and pranced around Summer, cooing at her. "Good job. I don't see anymore here. Let's help with the main hoard."

They returned. "Only a stray. It's been taken care of." Surtur began using HEAT CRASH, making Summer squint as she evaluated Frigg, who used FOCUS ENERGY to increase her attack. "I don't think we have much left."