Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 0:41:56 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I think I remember you..." But from where? These days it was all a haze that he tried his best to push through, though most of that was of his own fault and doing. Drugs are bad, mkay? But something keeps him insistent. Finally, he snaps his finger and the memory clicks into place. "Rustboro last summer, that heat wave!"

Adrian tried to remember the helpers, the good ones, and perhaps Oscar was that, if requiring motivation from a little incentive. "How've ya been?"
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 0:47:30 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar seized up at his opponent's words. Fuck did he forget to get rid of a witness? See this is why he needs to start getting some dogs on his missions to sniff out hiding civilians. Now he had to kill some mother fucker at a tournament so he could save his own a-- Ah, no it was the guy from the heat wave last summer. Phew, close one.

Oscar snapped his own fingers as he remembered. "Right right um, Andre? Anders? I've been alright. I guess."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 0:55:11 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He'd snort, amused by their awful memory. And yet it was better than he could muster, though should he wish to know, it would all come racing back to him on a whim. "Adrian. I don't remember yours, either," he admitted without making an attempt to fumble for a guess. "Helluva year it's been though, yeah?"

How could anyone disagree; the year had been a chaotic mish-mash of dystopian nightmares, all with the League at the helm. A pokeball finds its way into his hand, though he hesitates to unleash it. "Doing well for yerself?"

If he recalled correctly, they were looking for some quick cash the last time they'd pitched in with the League, though maybe they'd turned that around.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 1:02:59 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar put his hands on his hips, nodding as the memory began to take shape. "Adrian, right right. I'm uh Oscar, by the way. Nice to meet you again." Why did this guy sound more familiar than that one encounter? He's heard the name Adrian a few times now, but he couldn't place the context. Hm.

Oscar folded his arms to answer Adrian's next question, "Uh yeah I made some money. Got into electronics, pretty good gig." If you could call grasping Hoenn's energy sector with an iron fist a 'gig'. "How about you?"

Oscar noticed the pokeball Adrian drew only then, raising his hand to get his attention. "Hey uh, you mind a sky battle? I've been meaning to try it."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 1:21:17 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian heft the ball in his hand a few times, considering the proposal. "Fine, I suppose." The pokemon in his hand was poorly suited to the task however, and his Corviknight was still being treated from his battle with Kyle. "I can work with that."

He took a moment to consider the previous question while unleashing his Sigilyph. "I've been alright. Money's never been an issue." Which was true as long as he wasn't cut off from the family trust, and he made a little money on the side from gigs.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 1:45:35 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded, "Cool cool." He threw out his own choice, DAYMAN the Volcorona. Shining in a million blazing colors, the majestic lord of the sun himself soared into the sky. His radiance poured over the arena, parting the clouds and providing clarity for the coming battle. The Volcorona cheered from its height, prepared to partake in an epic battle!

Meanwhile Oscar was still bothered by his earlier thoughts, "Um, are you sure we haven't met somewhere outside last summer. You seem so familiar, or at least your name does.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:03:00 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Maybe, maybe not." Adrian couldn't recall such an occasion on his own.

"Stop stalling and start," he warned testily, though eyes of amber quickly began to make the same productions as his counterpart. I wonder if it's got anything to do with... As Sigilyph rose into the sky to match Volcaron'a altitude, a presence slipped into his mind and affirmed his suspicions in silence. So that's how it is.

Distracted by its interjection, he would forego the first move.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:08:29 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"Uhhhh right." Oscar snapped his fingers, delaying the fight no further. "Dayman! You know what to do!" Dayman was one of Oscar's most well trained pokemon, he would need no further instructions. Dayman fluttered with delight, doing a summersault in mid-air before unleashing a massive wave of pure heat. One might call it a, 'Heat Wave'.

As the battle began in the sky, Oscar scratched his head trying to remember where he had heard the name Adrian before.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:18:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Insulate the attack with WHIRLWIND." Although it could not prevent the searing heat, it could divert the most aggressive of flames and thermal dissipation, or so he'd hoped. But the attack was more or less permeating the entire field, causing the aerodynamics to shift, and still leaving Sigilyph with a nasty BURN. Motherf#cker...

Adrian had passed by Oscar while on the Rocket Submarine. The only reason he remembered wasn't because he'd recognized them then, but because Yveltal had been witness, and remembered their aura keenly. No two were the same, excepting...

Never mind that.

Whether Oscar had noticed him or not, and by whose hand, he couldn't say. But if he had to guess, it was whom must've spoken of him.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:00:07 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
It was not through Gavin that Oscar had come across the name. Pieces were forming in Oscar's head, slowly connecting into a full picture. Wasn't dating someone named Adrian? He recalled a conversation and the subject of his boyfriend was brought up. This couldn't possibly be the same Adrian--right?

Oscar looked up, "Do you know anyone by the name of Rowan?" Might as well ask, no use keeping it to himself.

Meanwhile Dayman was frustrated by the sigilyph's quick thinking, and was eager to retaliate. If his opponent wished to manipulate the wind, then Dayman shall do the same--ten fold. Dayman flapped his wings, manipulating the Whirlwind into an even greater gale. The Whirlwind twisted into an enormous Hurricane, which was quickly sent toward Dayman's opponent.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:09:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Talk about anticlimactic. "Rowan Wrynn? He's my boyfriend."

With that out of the way, he focuses on the battle, noting that he lost the upper hand-if he ever had it to begin with. Sigilyph's burn weakens its physicality, but can do no harm due to its MAGIC GUARD. Even so it is battered by high winds, caught in a cyclone of the Volcarona's making. It weathers the storm, drawing upon its psychic energy.

GRAVITY overwhelms the moth, causing it to plummet from its perch in the sky, offering Sigilyph a brief respite. "How d'you know him?
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:16:49 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Dayman fell tot he ground, the horrid force of Gravity keeping it low. Was it still a sky battle if both fighters were no longer in the sky? Either way, Dayman could no longer attack the sigilyph efficiently. He took this time to himself to dance, strengthening his muscles with fluid motions and careful maneuvers (Quiver Dance). Otherwise, he simply bided his time.

Oscar snapped his fingers as Adrian confirmed his suspicion, "Ha! I knew it. Well I didn't know it, but I suspected you were the same guy!" When Adrian asked Oscar how he knew Rowan, Oscar grew quiet. He couldn't very well tell him the truth, and Oscar had yet to find out that Adrian had switched sides. So he decided to half-lie, "I know him from work. I'm kinda his supervisor? It's complicated."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:19:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"... I see."

Oscar told him all he needed to know to confirm the words oozing into his ears. It was reassuring, at the very least, to know Yveltal hadn't completely abandoned him. Overhead Sigilyph readied defenses, erecting a barrier to REFLECT incoming attacks.

"It should go without saying, then, that I better not hear of any funny business from Row." A poorly veiled threat, though Oscar hardly seemed the sort to cross someone, and Rowan even less the sort to be crossed. But even so...
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:24:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar thought that would be the end of this string of curiosities, but the look Adrian was giving him was--concerning. Oscar looked around, wondering if he was possible looking at anything else. He wasn't Oscar raised an eyebrow, "You okay there? Something troubling you?"

Meanwhile Dayman ended his dance, and began to push against the sigilyph's gravitational force. He hoped to push through while the psychic bird was distracted and rocket back into the sky.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
acquainted [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:34:21 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Might be a little on edge, but for good reason."

Sigilyph tried to keep Volcarona back with another WHIRLWIND, but they just kept pushing through. Without its trainer's instruction it failed to capitalize on the opportunity to inflict some damage, acting in futility.

Unbeknownst to him, Sigilyph had suffered from CONFUSION as well, but again was saved by its MAGIC GUARD, though its body seemed to be failing it.