saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 14:20:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias never quite realized how drab and gray his house used to be. once bare and boring, the interior has since found itself life and color, and it's all thanks to her.

her: ; whom he loves.

tonight, they find themselves inside his kitchen busily prepping a meal he said he'd make for them. it's a simple pasta dish but it's one he's cooked often in the past.

rough hands work away above a cutting board, slicing ingredients. he peers over his shoulder at her and asks:

"the water boiling yet?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 17:48:12 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva sits perched on the counter, her fingers strumming lightly on the countertop. Matias wanted to cook for her so she’s being patient which is sometimes difficult. At least she can enjoy the view. There’s a pretty permanent smile that creases her lips when he’s around.

He: ; whom she loves.

It’s especially bright when they’re like this, together, doing ‘normal’ things. She’s grown quite comfortable here in his home, splitting her time between Lilycove and Ever Grande. It gave more space (not that she felt he needed it) and let her spend more time with Matias. Plus, his house had much better beach views.

When prompted, she slides off the counter, closing the short distance to the stove, “Um,” she leans over the pot, “Almost, I see some little bubbles.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 18:19:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]little bubles.

"you're cute."

after a few more chops, he slides the sliced chillies, garlic, and parsley off to the side of the cutting board before approaching the pot of somewhat-boiling water.

"it's been a while since i last made this."

for once, there is a pang of anxiety that leaks through his words. he's usually confident, arrogant, but something about this just feels so...intimidate, and he's afraid of letting her down.

"so if it's bad..."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 18:36:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Cute? She laughs, pointing towards the water as she leans over again, “That’s exactly what it is, tiny bubbles,” she glances one more time at the pot, little spheres sprinkling the bottom and are growing by the second. It won’t be long until it is fully boiling.

The lack of confidence in his words doesn’t go unnoticed. She knows him better than she probably thinks she does. Her gaze lifts from the pot to look up at him with a playful frown. Instinctively, she reaches out, gently wrapping an arm around his waist, “Nonsense, it’s gonna be great! Best pasta I’ll ever have,” she adds a little wink in there for good measure.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 8:35:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]and like usual, she grounds him.

with a nod, he chuckles, then leans in to kiss her forehead.

"hope you're ready."

pasta's dropped into the pot, a dash of salt is sprinkled in, and now all that's left to do is wait.

but something's on his mind; something that he's not quite sure how to share.

"...it's one of the few meals i remember having with the squad. sage would cook for us."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 13:59:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva welcomes the kiss with a smile. It brings her comfort even when she doesn’t need it and makes her feel like she’s exactly where she’s supposed to be.

“I’m always ready,” she says, half-jokingly. It is in their nature to always be ready.

The pasta’s dropped in and there’s not much else to do. Eva’s quick task of making sure the water boiled was suddenly complete. Which is fine, she’d just focus on him instead. Her gaze drifts back over from the boiling pasta to him when he speaks.

He speaks of the past. It’s no doubt one of the few pleasant memories. She accepts it as nostalgia and smiles, “That sounds nice, is that who taught you how to cook it?” It’s a name she doesn’t recognize. Why would she? Eva’s never pried into the past. It’s not her place to do so.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 19:52:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]nostalgia's usually bittersweet and this one's no different.

"i've known sage even before the silphs. she's...a close friend."

so why hasn't he ever mentioned her?

pasta softens and bends, falling slowly into boiling water.

"i want to tell you more but i...don't really know where to start."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 2:28:23 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Even before the Silphs. That must mean his early childhood. More than a close friend, an old friend. It’s rare to have such a person in your life. Therefore, it’s precious.

More? She looks back up at him after watching the pasta crimp and melt into the boiling water. A small step brings her closer, her grip tightening around his waist, “The beginning’s always a good place,” she teases, though it’s subtle. She can tell there’s a serious undertone to it. Matias is rarely at a loss for words, “And you don’t have to,” she assures him softly. There’s no obligation to explain things that have happened in the past, her eyes are fixed only on their future.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 8:51:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the beginning feels so distant; out of reach. but he still tries, stubborn as ever.

"she was on the same squad as us. king loved her."

matias isn't one to dwell on the past either — but the past's caught up to him, reentered his life and is here to stay.

"but she loved me."

so in a way, he owes it to her to be honest and truthful, because the past's become his future.

"she got out of kanto before the incident and i haven't seen her since."

he leans into her, relishing the warmth she provides.

"until a couple of weeks ago."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:14:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
King. Eva tenses at the sound of that name. It’s not out of fear, but rather because of unpleasant memories. Matias mentioning him brings a new heaviness to the story. She knew King use to be his friend, best friend even. There were bound to be good memories laced between bitter ones.

A woman and love. It’s always about a woman. Eva simply listens. She can’t blame this Sage woman for loving Matias, she can obviously relate. It wouldn’t bother Eva in the slightest if the past remained in the past. However, there’s a sense of discomfort knowing there was someone else . . . and that they’re back.

Suddenly, there’s a sense of insecurity, something she’s unfamiliar with. It’s just another foreign emotion that has surfaced since she let him break down her barriers. A question lingers at the tip of her tongue, but fear keeps it trapped. Instead, she leans back into him for comfort, smiling, “Oh, must have been nice to see her then. Sounds like it’s been a long time.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:26:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias nods. he reaches for her arm before slowly grazing his fingers against her skin, calming.

"she uh..."

he clears his throat, willing the words out.

"she told me she still loves me, and that she came to hoenn because of me."

i wanted to be with you.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 23:42:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The fingers that gently caress her skin do help. It’s a subtle touch, but it’s powerful when it comes from him. The comfort he provides clashes with the insecurities that only grow when he admits to why she came to Hoenn seeking him out.

It’s not jealousy or anger that surfaces, just fear. Fear of losing him. It’s brief, and she doesn’t let it show. He promised she’d never lose him, and she believes him. He’s standing here right now, with her, so she already knows his response to Sage’s confession. She imagines it’s not easy, especially when you already share a deep relationship with that someone. So, it’s him she worries about, not the fear of someone else tearing him away from her.

She’s silent for a moment, alone with her thoughts while she rests against him, watching pasta boil in a pot. What a strange time to have this conversation, “Oh, well . . .” her voice is quiet, she’s not quite sure what to say, “How do you feel about that?” She looks up at him with a hint of concern. Are you ok?.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 5:52:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"guilty."

with a breathless chuckle, he turns to look down at her.

"i never told her about the incident, about king, and how we lost most of the squad that night."

not just their squad, but countless others. he shuns the thought, suppressing it for another time.

"i should've told her sooner."

it would've been less painful for everyone.

shrugging, he reaches to idly stir the pasta in the pot.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 13:58:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva lets out a slow breath. Guilty. Yeah, if she was in Sage’s position, she would have wanted to know. She would have been furious it took years to tell her – and Eva doesn’t even know half of the story. Regardless, Eva sympathizes with both of them. It’s a difficult story to tell, but also not pleasant to learn of, “I imagine that wasn’t easy for her to hear,” especially coming from someone she loves. It probably felt like betrayal, “Is she ok?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
wonderful
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 14:26:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias can't imagine either — perhaps if he could, then maybe he'd have done something to prevent it.

"she will be."

with a sigh, he turns his head to kiss her forehead once again.

"just wanted you to know."

since he never really talks about that part of his life. in fact, he rarely talks about his past.

[attr="class","noodles"]