1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
William of Whispers [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 12:51:35 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac passed through the cramped tunnels, finally exiting at the square arena that was to be their battle space. "Nice place you got here!" Zac said, gesturing around at the neon signage. It was tasteful, and gave the place a strong downtown vibe. Zac was a big fan. Lavaridge didn't have much in the way of nightlife. "Shame it's all going to be dark in a sec, but I'm eager to see what tricks you've got up your sleeves."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 17:43:31 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was cool and dry. Still reeling from the summer heat, Giona stood before him under the indigo light with a towel around his neck and black joggers on. The arena took the form of a white tiled room, perfectly square. The finish on the tiles was just reflective enough to catch the blue hues of the tunnel behind them.

He smiled, and looked off into the distance for a second. He reserved his canned speech for younger trainers, and even children on school fieldtrips. Now, how to best relate to someone he trusted in the heat of the moment...

"Thanks, man. I used to live in Mauville, and I just brought the big city with me when I left, I guess." He said, looking to the taller man. The light hadn't dimmed yet, giving his face with its thinned eyebrows and undercut a deathly pallor.

The lights cut out in tunnel sections, slowly making the arena darker and hazier. After the last click of the breaker switch on the panel behind him, the arena was pitch-black. Giona closed the panel, and fastened a hardened tile over it.

"I'm sure you won't disappoint either. If I'm not mistaken... you're a gym leader too."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:37:48 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

THUNK
THUNK
THUNK
THUNK

The lights dropped out, leaving them in blackness. Zac resisted the urge to throw out a few of his Minior to light the place up. He was no stranger to dark caves, tunnels, or mountains, but normally he had some backing light to help him move around. "Yeah! Been the gym leader in Lavaridge for a few months now. Looking forward to working with you, mate!" He said, his voice sounding strange in the darkness. 

There was something about the way that your mind couldn't predict the echoes from an unknown place. It was disorienting. But that was fine, because Zac wasn't the one who would have to navigate in the darkness. 

He stuck his fingers in his mouth and whistled. Outside, mist rolled in, smothering the sky in dark haze and pressing in on the dim gym. Inside, Zac could feel the brush of cool clouds against his legs and arms. While the vapor was hidden in the darkness, he knew that it was thickening, moment to moment. Then, an eye.

A single, will-o-wisp eye, floating in the darkness. "Burdock," Zac said, almost absently. The eye turned to him, as much as a single light could. "Yeah! This is Burdock. We met up on Mt Pyre," Zac explained. "He ate some carrots of mine, and a whole sleeve of Oreos." 

Light slipped from Zac's pocket, forming into a lumpy, grounded shape before darkness claimed them again. Kibou was born and raised in the dark. He was a cave denizen, through and through, and was ready for action. "And this is Kibou! He was born in the dark but dreams of the stars. He loves flying, he's been to Ultra Space, and regular space, and he's held his own against legendaries a few times too! Cute as hell, to boot!" Zac said, not minding the fact that he couldn't back up that claim visually.  

Sent out Burdock the Spectrier
Sent out Kibou the Dunsparce

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 2:46:29 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was briefly lit by any flashes of light from either side. The room was so quiet that Zac speaking rung out. Whether or not he used his "inside voice", they'd both hear it. Well, it was either that, or the cavernous gym itself.

"...Thanks." He said, looking to the taller man. He hadn't a clue what he was doing, truth be told. It just looked and sounded important, and got him in the door with the right people. Nonetheless, Zac's team took the stage already. One shone through the darkness, while at the same time its mere presence added humidity to the room. Taking a breath of air inside felt like doing so during a rainy day.

Giona whistled, trying to take the initiative. His Rotom picked up on this, and tried to use Confuse Ray on Spectrier, though this move would run head-first into the darkness like everything else. xdNHNtIt

Meanwhile, his Mimikyuu tried to swing first in earnest, lighting up the room in an orange flash with Burning Jealousy. A gout of flame that briefly made all in the room visible, regardless of whether or not it grazed either opponent.

"...If you're willing to go through that with your team, you've probably already met the learning objective for the gym. To demonstrate the connection between people and nature. If anything... I see Fortree as a model for the country."
·
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 16:01:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The whirling orb struck Spectrier, bursting in dazzling, blinding fireworks. The horse reared back, confused, but Zac was there to offer a steady hand. "Easy, easy."

Flames of Burning Jealousy kindled in the dark, and for a moment Zac saw the Mimikyu. "There! By the wall!" he said, slapping Burdock's flank to indicate the direction. He chuffed, and sunk deep into the floor, body melding to shadow as he disappeared into the Phantom Force dimension.

CPdTtwl3 - Phantom Force on Mimukyu

"We've been through a lot, yeah, but that's just part and parcel of being a trainer. I'm sure you and your ghosts have powerful connections too!" Zac's brilliant grin was almost visible in the darkness. "What made ya pick ghosts, mate?" he asked, curious.  

Kibou flapped back at the sizzling wing, beating away the embers. As the light faded, he glorped across the arena towards the Mimikyu, wings slapping at the darkness.

- Dual Wingbeat on Mimikyu 

"Fortree is amazing. The conservation center there was one of my first interviews! has one hell of a setup, doesn't he? Have you thought about doing something like that with ghosts?"

Burdock used Phantom Force
Kibou used Dual Wingbeat

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 8:02:48 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was briefly lit by any flashes of light from either side. The room was so quiet that Zac speaking rung out. Whether or not he used his "inside voice", they'd both hear it. Well, it was either that, or the cavernous gym itself.

"...Hah?" He said, looking to the taller man. It hadn't dawned on him that he was talking to the horse. Furthermore, even his confused grunt rung out throughout the room. It was tiled all over, and quite dry. Unlike other competitors using Surf, Zac had the respect for the space to keep the humidity down.

Giona whistled, trying to take the initiative. His Rotom picked up on this, and tried to use Ominous Wind on Spectrier. A blast of wind slightly sharper than Gust, that'd feel like a ghost walking through whatever it struck. The sound of the wind rung throughout the room. BZe1LiiP

"...I picked ghosts because they seem like they could use more friends. Just a couple months ago, I saw a Haunter in a warehouse. It nearly took my head off, but now it plays... more innocent pranks on people."

Meanwhile, his Mimikyuu was knocked out altogether, and replaced with Chandelure. The white flash of a pokeball made that abundantly clear to Zac. Chandelure tried to clip both opponents with Flame Burst.

"...Making a conservatory is probably a better idea than what I did. Ghosts are... Some of them wouldn't be around without human interference, like Polteageist, and Chandelure. And Yamask too I guess, but that's a little harder to stomach."
·
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 2:00:14 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac shivered as the foreboding breath of Rotom's Ominous Wind slid up the back of his neck. There was something intensely personal about ghost Pokemon. Their connection to death and reality, left an imprint of humanity on their actions. Maybe that was why people were afraid of them. Like clowns, mannequins, and mirror images, there was just something a little too familiar about them.

Familiar, and yet subtly wrong.    

"Everyone needs friends, mate. I think what you're doing is great. They're a bit like kids, ay? We bring them into the world, so there's an obligation to look after them."

The Ominous Wind sliced at Spectrier, ripping at his phantom hide, while a burst of ghostly flame lit the arena like winter fireworks. The flames singed Spectrier's long braids, and Zac caught a whiff of burnt hair. It smelled like ancient incense, lingering long past the wake.

The flames licked of Kibou, who flopped away, Digging down into the soft earth to escape any further attacks. 

pi0twPvM Dig on Chandelure

Spectrier's form was beginning to waver, damaged by the assault. Scraps of his torn shadow coalesced before the creature's nose, squashing together into a tight, shimmering ball. With a neigh that echoed down unseen canyons, the Shadow Ball cut through the darkness, soaring towards Chandelure.

Shadow Ball on Chandelure

Burdock was hit by Ominous wind and Flame Burst
Kibou was hit by Flame Burst
Burdock used Shadow Ball on Chandelure
Kibou used Dig on Chandelure

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 9:04:12 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The gout of flame brought on the scent of burnt hair. It cut through the usual smell of the place, that being bleach, liberally applied to every tiled surface. Giona's eyes dilated. Even having quit drinking, he wasn't quite "healthy" yet. He suppressed a gag, and considered briefly the possibility of surrendering. After all, by every possible measure, Zac had met the learning objectives for the gym.

Chandelure was itself a beacon of light in the pitch-black room. A projectile sailed overhead, in all manner of dark and muted colors, like a child excitedly mixing all their paints together. Though Shadow Ball didn't connect, it caused Chandelure to duck, bringing it right into the attack from below. The thing was more used to trading projectiles, so even not counting the Dunsparce's survivability and sudden explosive power, it wouldn't have fared well.

A white flash withdrew the downed Chandelure. Giona called out his Sableye. The thing had eyes suited to these conditions. In a desperate bid to not have the poor thing rolled over right away, Giona clicked the pendant of his earring. Sableye's chest gem expanded and took the shape of a tower-shield. It'd open with Zen Headbutt on that Dunsparce. elykjeuU

"...I hadn't made that connection yet, but yes. I suppose they're like children in that way."

Meanwhile, his Rotom was attempting to use Thunder Wave on Spectrier.

"And that means people have a responsibility to them. To the places where they live. It's why I took in that Haunter. Like a child, it needed enrichment that it couldn't get in that warehouse. And it's why I look up to that who works at Mount Pyre."
chandelure down
sableye up
sableye used mega stone
sableye used zen headbutt
rotom used thunder wave
·
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 4:11:47 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Having lived in pitch black caves for generations, Dunsparce have excellent night vision. However, this wasn't much help as Kibou was so enamored by Sableye's giant gem that he never saw the attack coming. 

SLAM!

The headbutt sent the pudgy dragon tumbling across the dirt. Zac heard the sound of Kibou hitting the floor, and returned him after two tries. 

" is an absolute legend," Zac said, grinning in the dark. "Great guy! Knows how to have fun and how to keep a secret. Only natural he'd be drawn to Mt Pyre, that place is thick with secrets. Did you know there's crypts under the mountain?" Zac asked, as he reached for his third and last Pokeball. "Careful Boshi, this place is a bit dark." 

Turtonator emerged in a flurry of flame and frustrated stomping. There was a click as his Shell Trap primed. He let out a thin spurt of flame, caught sight of Sableye, and then threw himself shell-first at the ghoul. The half-ton turtle was trying to set off his own trap!

BcKyMyg5 Shell Trap on Sableye

Tense lightning crackled across Spectrier, making his muscles twitch and jump. Ghost flesh he may be, but there was still enough matter there that electricity disrupted his mobility. 

1-25 = Paralyzed, end here.
26-100 = not paralyzed, read on. 

His single eye caught Rotom, and dancing lights surged forth, whirling towards his opponent. This grave lights flared in the presence of another ghost, the pale blue glow far hotter than any brazier.  

Will-o-Wisp on Rotom

Kibou was hit by Zen Headbutt
Kibou fainted!
Zac sent out Boshi (Turtonator)
Boshi used Shell Trap and threw himself at Sableye
Spectrier is Paralyzed!
Spectrier tried to used Will-o-Wisp

··