Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 11:26:23 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Is he a natural?
[break][break]
The pokémon just seems confused from what Mars can see, but still, it’s not a bad interaction, and it definitely could have gone much worse than this…
[break][break]
”What can I say? I’m just that charming.” He glances at Cian, giving him a smirk before returning his attention to the Zeraora.
[break][break]
”You better not destroy any more of my stuff though.”
[break][break]
It’s a warning, sure, but if the Thunderclap Pokémon understands it or not is left up for debate, for the only acknowledgement it gives is another stare as its whiskers twitch. Adorable, but not very helpful.
[break][break]
There’s a sigh, and after pulling a stray feather from the pokémon’s fur (of which there are many floating around thanks to the earlier destruction), the Zeraora is returned to its pokéball with a flash of light.
[break][break]
”...Why do I have a feeling I’m going to have to refurbish all my furniture soon?” There’s a chuckle, and he turns to look at Cian, once again raising his hand and closing it into a fist. ”Here, since you asked.”
[break][break]
Mars grins.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4AADA8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4AADA8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4AADA8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 13:57:26 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]charming — ugh; cian rolls his eyes but grins all the same. but it's true: mars is quite charming, he has to admit as much.

the zeraora is soon recalled back into its pokeball, sparing mars' other furniture.

"oh i'm sure you'll be fine."

mars can afford it, after all.

glancing down at the offered fist, he chuckles, then raises his to bump against mars'.

"thanks. i feel much better now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 16:04:15 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Of course. Anything for you, cariño”
[break][break]
He says this, and yet the fist bump lasts a mere couple of seconds, for it is the moment these words are said that the grin shifts back into a smirk, Mars taking advantage of the proximity to reach forward and grab Cian’s wrist.
[break][break]
In a swift motion, he pulls his closer, his other arm wrapping around the other’s waist in a well-practiced gesture that could be either the result of Mars not wanting him to lose his balance, or just a simple bad habit.
[break][break]
Either way, he smiles brightly.
[break][break]
”Much better, don’t you think?”
[break][break]
There’s a laugh, but honestly... he does really love it.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:33:52 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian probably should've expected it. in his defense, he's distracted, mind still lingering on what was left unsaid.

still, he settles comfortably in mars' arms, returning the laugh as he peers into his eyes.

"much better."

and after a moment that feels a little too long, he's muttering:

"...you were going to tell me something just now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:53:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

So, there’s no avoiding it, then.
[break][break]
They’re really going to have this conversation.
[break][break]
Mars enjoys the embrace for as long as it lasts, chuckling when Cian speaks up. ”...You’re so impatient.”
[break][break]
He’s teasing him, and yet there’s a soft and gentle kiss, a hand moving to find Cian’s and letting their fingers intertwine.
[break][break]
The sofa is still a mess thanks to the Zeraora’s destructive ways, but Mars doesn’t really care; he shoves the partially-shredded cushion out of the way and sits on the remaining one, ignoring the small white feathers that are now everywhere.
[break][break]
”I’m pretty sure you can guess what I wanted to say.” He smiles, but it’s a cheap move and he knows it, since the truth is that he’s nervous…
[break][break]
It makes him feel silly.
[break][break]
When was the last time Mars was ever nervous?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 19:00:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]you're so impatient.

"i am."

he relishes the kiss, returning it before intertwining their fingers together. he moves with mars over to the sofa, though he's unsure whether to sit or stand but decides to sit, realizing whatever's about to be said might sweep him off his feet.

but mars already has.

"probably. but i still want you to say it."

he doesn't give him an out.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 19:18:47 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

There is no escape.
[break][break]
But, what is he even about to say?
[break][break]
There are so many things he could say, so many things he knows he should say, but are any of those words enough? Would Cian understand? How could anyone ever want to stay by his side if they know everything about who he is and what he has done?
[break][break]
Only one person did before, and that person died because she chose to be by his side no matter what.
[break][break]
Gently, he squeezes Cian’s hand.
[break][break]
”You–…” A deep breath, and a faint smile. ”You’re really important to me, Cian, and that’s honestly kind of terrifying.”
[break][break]
When has Mars ever admitted to being scared of anything?
[break][break]
Not to most people, but of course he’d admit it to Cian.
[break][break]
All the more reason why he knows he should be honest, and all the more reason why he finds his gaze, pausing for a short moment...
[break][break]
”I have feelings for you.” The words are almost a whisper, just as they were the last time they were shared between them.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 7:59:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian returns the gesture, squeezing mars' hand as he speaks.

you're really important to me, cian.

this, he knows. he'd be a fool not to have known.

i have feelings for you.

this, however?

"...i know."

fuck, it's his turn now, isn't it? cian takes a deep breath, idly bouncing his leg as he attempts to will the words out of him. it had been so easy then, but now...

"i have feelings for you too, mars."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 8:21:51 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s not easy.
[break][break]
Not of it is, and maybe it shouldn’t be.
[break][break]
Not for people like them, at least. Not when they usually avoid things like these.
[break][break]
‘...I know.’
[break][break]
Of course he knows. Just like Mars himself knows Cian’s response. Yet, he lets him take all the time he needs; a thumb gently drawing circles on the back of Cian’s hand as he smiles faintly.
[break][break]
’I have feelings for you too, Mars.’
[break][break]
The same words from before, and while last time he had been worried and confused, this time it makes him stupidly happy to hear those words.
[break][break]
”Yeah... I know.” A chuckle.
[break][break]
Stupidly happy, but still worried too.
[break][break]
He sighs, because now comes the harder part...
[break][break]
His gaze meets Cian’s, and despite it all, despite how happy and glad he feels, there is sadness in his eyes.
[break][break]
”But... What if I’m not the person you think I am, Cian?”
[break][break]
If there is actually anything that does scare Mars, it's probably these words; it's not being what those he cares for see in him, showing them the truth.
[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 9:51:31 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it makes him happy to hear, there's no denying that, but there's something that holds him back from feeling it entirely. the past, maybe, or more that's still unsaid between them.

so the sadness behind mars' eyes is seen, understood, and almost reflected.

"we all have secrets, mars, things we'd rather not share."

cian is no different in that regard.

"but if you want to, i'm here. i'll listen."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 10:11:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Maybe they both really are the same.
[break][break]
Two sides of the same gilded coin.
[break][break]
Different in the way they look, but ultimately still bound together and made equal.
[break][break]
It’s a nice thought, but it isn’t comforting at all.
[break][break]
He really hopes Cian’s secrets aren’t as terrible as the ones he himself had kept from the world. Cian doesn’t deserve things like those.
[break][break]
There’s a sigh, followed by a faint smile.
[break][break]
”And here I thought I was the one who always knew what to say.”
[break][break]
For a second, he laughs, even if the sadness remains in his eyes.
[break][break]
”I know you’re right… But I wouldn’t even know where to start.”
[break][break]
Why can’t he be confident about this? Why does he have to be afraid of what will happen? It makes him feel so fucking weak, and Mars truly hates it.
[break][break]
”It’s also not like that, I’ve been wanting to tell you for a while, but… most things about my life here are a lie.”
[break][break]
It’s the truth, but he also hates having to say it.
[break][break]
Is it wrong to wish all this were his actual life? That nothing awaited him back at Sinnoh?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 11:33:35 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]this is a side of mars he's never seen before. the lack of confidence is one thing, but to see him so vulnerable; it tugs at his heart.

"how so?"

realizing that might be too broad a question, he focuses, narrowing it down to just one as he squeezes mars' hand.

"tell me one lie."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 11:49:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Vulnerability doesn’t suit Mars. It never has.
[break][break]
He has taught himself too well to hide those things, to be strong, to never show weakness in front of anyone.
[break][break]
These things are his weakness, because he knows they could change everything that lies between them. He knows Cian might hate her for them, and that even if he doesn’t, things could turn out much worse than simple hatred…
[break][break]
’Tell me one lie.’
[break][break]
He squeezes Cian’s hand in return, leaning in to gently place a kiss on his cheek. A ‘thank you’, even if he doesn’t actually say this.
[break][break]
Then, he meets his gaze.
[break][break]
”My name isn’t actually Martín del Mar.”
[break][break]
After a pause, he corrects himself:
[break][break]
”Well, more like half of it isn’t.”
[break][break]
It may not seem like a big lie considering how many people in Team Rocket go by aliases, but the issue are always the reasons for those aliases...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 12:26:06 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it definitely isn't a big lie, but it's still a lie.

that's one.

"wow..."

it's exaggerated, almost sarcastic as he looks mars in the eyes, teasing as a smirk forms on his face.

he chuckles softly, then says:

"alright. what is it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
kiwi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 15:07:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha. You fucking suck.”
[break][break]
There’s a laugh, the smirk being mirrored by one of his own because he’s all too aware of what Cian’s intentions are.
[break][break]
He appreciates it, even if it doesn’t do much to help him relax.
[break][break]
”...It’s Martín Marzán.”
[break][break]
Someone from Sinnoh would understand, because the Marzán name is not one taken lightly in the region. Be it their business or the family itself, they are and have always been respected. The kind of powerful people you don’t mess with. The kind whose power and wealth has been cause for both fear and speculation. They have a reputation.
[break][break]
Feared and respected with reason too, since this reputation tends to be even more despicable among those who do know the truth about the family’s business – those who deal in illicit circles.
[break][break]
He doesn’t expect Cian to know any of this though, because this is not Sinnoh.
[break][break]
”I guess you could call them a mafia.”
[break][break]
Yes, that’s what they are, even if Mars hates having to give so much credit to his grandfather’s organization.

[BREAK][BREAK]