Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 13:34:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Well. She had a third badge now.

Or, rather, she’d had one… before she’d drunkenly tossed it far into the ocean with a primal scream.

She’d felt it that day during the tournament. His pull on her, as she’d approached to take her small trinket of victory. It was not enough. It was a speck of sand. 

Again, she’d felt her mind betray her. It was like craving a cigarette, or worse. To turn away from him made her heart race. Made her feel sick to her stomach. Everything was wrong and opposite.

Loving Fernando was like living upside down, where time, family, and everything else had disappeared except for him alone.

She was tired of feeling like a fool, over and over again. Her very sanity had crumbled.

He had aimed to recreate her.

In a way, he’d succeeded.

She appeared out of a bright white light, onto his doorstep. Her Gardevoir was returned, and she rang a doorbell.

One last time.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 23:42:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

DISARMED BY SEVERED CONNECTIONS

HE REMAINS OBLIVIOUS AS TO HER GROWING INDEPENDENCE AS WELL AS HER ARRIVAL. There are more pressing matters to attend to–things that dwarf the guilty pleasure of sinking into the body of another. It drapes the floor with bread crumbs back into the kitchen. Most of it remains wet, still fresh.

The echoed ringing of the doorbell is left unattended.

Come in!

Fernando’s voice carried throughout the empty space of his apartment. The door remains unlocked, in anticipation of her promise. Once the door opens she’ll see a streak of red liquid pooled against the wooden floorboards. The deep saturation of its hue points at the obvious: blood.

It welcomes her with a straightforward path to Fernando’s kitchen. He sits in a chair, teeth clenched, right arm stretched out on the table. Hastily put together bandages cover the wound but streams of blood reveal the source. A Comfey and Clefairy stand on the table, doing their best to assist, but his bicep throbs, pushing more of his life essence to surface as he writhes in pain.

Both Pokemon are caked in red powder. Evidently, they’ve been at this for a while.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:14:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
His voice reverberated all the way back to the door, and she thought nothing of it at first. Opened it, and there was the telling path of blood.

Lulu had seen a lot of blood in her day. The thought crossed her mind that someone had gotten to him first, and that was a bit irritating. “Fernando?” She was, maybe, not frantic enough for such a situation.

Making her way through, her eyes widened once she’d caught the sight of him.

“What the fuck?”

Should she let him bleed out?

No. It wasn’t his time yet. This was not her doing, and thus, it was not good enough.

“What happened to you?”

In shock, she was frozen at the threshold, but she still reached again for the pokeball containing her Gardevoir to release it. “Help them.” Although, she wasn’t sure how the two others had not gotten the job done.

The psychic-type levitated closer, holding out hands to deliver a HEAL PULSE towards his damaged arm.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 7:45:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

HEAL PULSE MENDS THE WOUND. Flesh crawls back into place. Skin is grafted from nothingness. But the efforts are futile. For whatever is the cause come to surface as the HEAL PULSE feeds it.

Rejuvenation of the body causes his arm to suddenly writhe. It jerks. Something unseen comes to life underneath several rolls of damp, red cloth. Blood continues to flow profusely.

Don’t.

Fernando answers with a sigh of resignation.

It’s feedback from using my powers.

The idle sign of MISTY TERRAIN cloaks the kitchen floor. It’s harder to spot with the mess of blood everywhere. He bites his lip as the glitter starts to thicken in a failed attempt to lift the mood and hide the untidiness.

Those ten years might be shorter than I thought.

He looks at her pointedly.

So learn from my mistake. Do not use them unless you have to. Our bodies are not meant to handle these types of alterations.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 8:18:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The healing hand of Gardevoir pulled back, proven useless in the end. Lulu’s eyes widened at what seemed to be the involuntarily movements of his arm. It seemed ominous. Whatever it was, she figured she’d find out shortly.

Fernando’s death seemed imminent. Her face began to crunch into a glare, anger seething through her eyes as though whoever had committed such a crime had done it to spite her, personally.

Feedback from using his powers?

Her voice was ice and stone, cold like he’d not heard before, and putting zero stock in his claim. “How do you know that?” But she would barely give him time to answer.

MISTY TERRAIN only complicated things. She needed to save him, for whatever reason that was. As the moments passed, she felt herself falling into sadness at the thought of losing him. She had to shake it. So, she left the room, calling out both to him, and the goddess of death herself: “Where is Tapu Fini?!”

She went looking, passing over blood with a hastened step to scour the floorplan.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 8:46:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

“BECAUSE I AM THE AVATAR.”

No one alive outdates him. Not publicly known, anyway. The only person who could’ve claimed such a title has long since expired–at his own hands, presumably. For, if he could not have the power then no one will.

At least, if given the opportunity. As their abundance grew so did their appetite for the spotlight. Preying on the loud and boisterous proves much harder than a no-name wretch.

There’s not much else he can do but endure. Without the help of her HEAL PULSE, the arm seems to simmer down. The lack of energy cools the boiling urge to burst. The tea kettle of an issue settles, pitch black between them.

Looking for a solution.

His tongue flirts over his teeth in contempt. He doesn’t stop her from wandering about.

But it won’t find one. There isn’t one. I’m not the first and I won’t be the last.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 14:40:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Avatar. What did that even mean?

He was neither a doctor, nor a scientist. He was, however, a psycho. How did he know these things? He probably didn’t—but, she and her brother were both avatars as well, and thus, whatever information he possibly had could not die with him. They needed it.

When she turned to head back the other way, her steps halted far from the threshold of the kitchen. She eyed the sparkling MISTY TERRAIN untrustingly.

“There are no problems without solutions, Fernando. That is not an answer I can afford to accept.”

With an exasperated sigh, she pressed her back into a wall and eyed down at the trail of blood on the floor. Her voice projected towards him, although she would remain unseen.

“Surely you haven't resigned to your fate, here. I know you better than that.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 8:57:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

“IT ISN’T A PROBLEM; IT’S A LAW.”

Pressure dissipates until the blood flow becomes more of a leak than a constant stream. He’ll gesture for his Pokemon to heal him on occasion. Just enough to keep him alive and functioning. It’s a race of trying to last longer than his condition, whatever it may be.

I’ll be fine in a few hours. I just need to avoid using my abilities.

He pauses. A pointed finger leads his Clefairy to open a drawer to retrieve fresh bandages.

I didn’t want you to see me like this, Lulu.

She’ll be able to hear the scissors cut through the dressings.

But I suppose it’s a good lesson. Nothing comes for free. We’re not meant to hold these powers. Use yours sparingly and you can delay better than I ever will.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 20:59:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Gardevoir lingered in the kitchen still, watching quietly, prepared to help when needed.

In a few hours…

So, this had happened before.

It looked to be a moment of weakness for him. Watching him writhe in pain, and witnessing him succumb to his body like an injured animal, so resigned to it, made him seem more human than he ever had before—even after she’d visited his very nightmares.

She said nothing to reassure him that it was okay, because anything less than power was wrong.

“Law is constructed for the weak and those without better ideas. With all that you place on your own shoulders, you would let them crumble under someone else’s judgment?” She’d been in his head. She knew better; she also knew that the law wouldn’t stop him from doing whatever the hell he wanted.

Perhaps, in a fucked up way, it was part of what drew her to him.

“I don’t have the option to stop using my powers,” she explained from the hall, gaze leaving puddles of blood to trail up shadows on the ceiling. Darkrai was here somewhere. She could feel it; watching, protective as always.

“They’re how I draw my energy. Without using them, I starve.” In a way at least, presumably. It was a theory. She hadn’t truly experimented how she might feel without consuming dreams on a regular basis. Dreams were like drugs, and she couldn’t stop.

Every night, running through the cold, so low to the ground that she could see the sparkle of every snowflake… she could almost feel the chill of Circhester. Simpler years, and simpler pains.

“How many times has this happened?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 23:12:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

“NATURE’S LAW IS NOT ONE TO BEND.”

Tapu Fini’s Avatar knows better than to disregard the power that blesses him. Even as his undoing, he speaks well of it in front of another. Saving face is the corner stone of deceit.

Are you okay, Lulu?

He sits there, bleeding profusely, but still has the gall to question her well being. Her vernacular, in regards to him, is off-putting. Different almost, until he remembers the sensitivity of the subject.

You still eat. You still drink,” Fernando recants to himself, muffled, unwilling to fight that battle once he hears his own voice.

He stiffens at her question.

Four? Five times? Once after a shared nightmare, one after the Three Day War—

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 15:19:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“It’s already been broken, clearly. To deny that there is any solution is just…” There was a pause, and she didn’t quite know where she was going. “Whatever.”

He asked her how she was, and she shook her head, feeling her scalp roll against the wall and her hair scatter a moment. A light huff of a laugh jumped from her chest in exasperation. “I’m fine.”

“Except for your bleeding out, you know. That’s not fine.” Not until she was ready, at least. Fuck this.

Maybe starve hadn’t been the right word. Her eyes rolled a bit, still out of sight. “Hm.” She let it pass as well, a low-energy response scarcely even audible.

Five times…

Wait.

“A nightmare?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 18:34:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

“INDEED.”

A simple response with little substance. He answers her question while raising several new ones. He knows what she wants but refuses to budge without a fight—or request, really.

His arm goes limp and a sigh of relief comes through. He can feel his fingers again.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 18:44:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Typical.

“Oh. That’s weird. What does a nightmare have to do with your powers?” That was more her thing, really, or so she figured.

Several questions, indeed.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 18:50:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NOW YOU DO

“NOTHING, REALLY.”

Another dead end; a half-assed lead left to get her to follow along. It’s a waltz he knows well and one he breaks out with a guiding hand.

Just circumstance. The amount of power I exerted pushed me to my limits.

Enough clues to tip in Darkrai. Not that he knows it’s there. But with Tapu Fini being the sole bridge between the two, he leaves the subtle hints for them to get the point without explicitly stating as such.

I don’t remember much of it,” consequences of being culled too quickly.

But several of us shared that nightmare.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
now you do
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 19:10:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Several of you?”

Lulu had been in Galar when Darkrai had delivered such terror to Hoenn, but she’d heard of something like this happening—back when Darkrai had first aligned with Rocket.

“You can use your powers when you’re asleep?”

He could to some degree, she figured. She was fairly sure it had been his powers that had allowed her inside his head so clearly that night. However, in this particular instance he spoke of, she suspected he hadn't been asleep at all. It had been Darkrai.

She had to be sure.