saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 12:57:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]things have been hectic, to say the least, which means they haven't had much time to spend together. or any time at all, really.

so at the first chance he gets, he heads towards ever grande, flying on the back of a charizard who held his own against a titan.

it doesn't take him long to arrive. he approaches the door, knocking.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 13:15:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The days have dragged by. Restless and sleepless nights have made the events of Mt. Chimney, Mauville, and Sootopolis seem like ages ago, but the intensity of the pain reminds her otherwise. She still bleeds from the deep, festering wounds they left.

Despite Rocket’s violence in Sootopolis and the guilt that gnaws at her for not being there, it’s Mauville that haunts her the most. A ghost of a lifeless Matias plagues her every time she closes her eyes. How many times has she cried? She’s lost count.

Life goes on, so too must her work with The League. There’s plenty to address between Mt. Chimney and Sootopolis. Herself, , and were put to work almost immediately. Eva’s grateful, drowning herself in it brings temporary reprieve.

But it never lasts.

He knocks, she knows who it is. A playful grin attempts to hide the exhaustion, but it does little for the dark circles that sit like shadows beneath her eyes, “I can’t believe you still knock,” she teases as she opens the door for him.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 13:19:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]exhaustion doesn't plague his features, for he has never rested better.

it's troubling, but he pays it no mind as the door opens.

"eva."

a small smile breaks as he steps to give her a kiss.

the door closes behind them.

"how are you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 13:29:11 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She readily accepts his kiss. It’s quick but comforting all the same. Eva lingers near him, drawn like a magnet to the foreign warmth that’s been absent for too long. Perhaps she would have been sleeping better with him here. It’s a thought that crossed her mind, but ‘needy’ isn’t one of Eva’s character flaws.

Even after the kiss her arms slip around his waist, pulling herself in to indulge in his warmth, “We’ve been quite busy,” she admits as her head falls to rest against his chest. His heart thrums beneath her ear. It’s a sound she’ll never take for granted, “I’ve missed you.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 13:32:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]her actions and their intentions are not lost on him. he hasn't had much time to reflect on the fact that he died, but matias has never shied away from death, and this time is no different.

but perhaps he should.

"i've missed you, too."

he returns the embrace, raising a hand to caress the back of her head. he peers down, asking:

"have you not been sleeping well?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 13:59:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
When he embraces her, she recognizes how much she really missed him. More than she has before. Reluctantly, her head lifts and the beat of his heart is lost as she looks back up at him, “Just . . . not much,” that’s the same thing, right?

Eva peels herself away and slips further into the house, expecting him to follow. There’s a mess of paperwork covering her makeshift work space on the kitchen island with an open laptop and half drunken coffee, “How are you?” she asks as she starts to shift the paper into a pile and close the laptop.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 14:04:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]warmth fleets as she slips out of his arms. he follows her further into the house; eyes glancing over to notice the mess on the kitchen island.

"i've been..."

should he lie?

no — he told himself he'd never.

"good, honestly. never better."

except he already has. he thinks briefly of sootopolis but the thought soon passes.

"i can sleep here tonight, if you want."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 18:03:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Never better. For some reason, it hurts to hear that. It feels like she’s suffering alone. Regardless she smiles, as if it is a joke, “Never better, huh?” At least one of them is thriving.

The stack of papers taps against the countertop rhythmically as they fall into line. The mess is quickly an organized pile condensed to the top of her closed laptop, “Hm, I’d like that,” she smiles, turning to lean against the counter to look at him. Maybe she’ll finally rest.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 20:12:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]despite the smile she gives him, he knows his response bothers her.

and yet, he still asks:

"does it bother you?"

he steps towards her, rounding the counter.

"that i'm doing well."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 2:41:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
As soon as he asks, she feels a jolt of guilt. She looks rather surprised, “Of course not,” she responds instinctively. All she wants is for him to be happy. She remains in place, leaning and strumming her fingers against the countertop.

She hesitates because he knows her better than that. That’s why he asked, and Eva doesn’t want to hide anything from him, “It just . . . surprises me after . . . everything,” her voice drops, trailing off, along with her gaze to the tile floor. It’s something she’d rather not think about, but her throat tightens, regardless.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 5:11:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]he nears her; voice dropping as well, though it remains firm. confident. as if nothing could ever waver it.

"i'm here now."

reaching out for her, he searches for her gaze.

"i'm not going anywhere."

but he had gone. he had died. what good is his word now?

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 5:27:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
He steps closer, and still she doesn’t lift her gaze. The rhythmic drumming of her fingers against the countertop stops in favor of gripping it tightly to ground herself. A hard swallow tries to force it all down, but it’s all been too much. They haven’t talked about it, they haven’t had time.

He reaches for her, but Eva keeps her grip on the counter.

There’s a pause, a breath, and she finally meets his gaze. Her emerald eyes shine with the threat of tears, “You died, Matias.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 5:46:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]his hand pulls away, dropping to his side.

"i know."

despite the threat of tears, he holds his gaze, unwavering.

"i'm sorry."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 6:02:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Get ahold of yourself. She sniffs, wiping away a quick tear when she blinks, “You have nothing to apologize for,” her voice shakes, but she finds a steadiness that holds as she pushes herself off the counter, towards him. It’s not his fault, what happened in the cave was a freak accident. Cloyster’s PROTECT didn’t hold.

Then why is she like this? Losing sleep, crying? Seeing him lifeless over and over again when she closed her eyes? “It’s just . . . been really hard for me, I guess,” she shakes her head, “I’m sorry,” she apologizes this time. This probably isn’t how he pictured their evening going.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
play with fire
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 12:24:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i know it has...i should've been here more instead of—"

—out there. anywhere else but here.

he tells himself he's too busy, that work has him occupied, but he hasn't made much of an effort to step away. he should've; that much he knows now.

"is there anything i can do?"

[attr="class","noodles"]