1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 17:30:15 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Good deeds, good causes, anything like that were something that made Summer want to puke. Just a little bit. But, of course, her purpose as a Prescott was to launder money. Or just take money, in general. So when she heard about the upcoming bake sale that needed volunteers...

Well, where else could she cause trouble other than there?

Of course, she wasn't going to take profits that the cause deserved. Summer would just... bump up the price without anyone knowing. Take the profits from the extra money that she increased the price from.

To help swindle some passerbys, her outfit was definitely worn to entice. A tight black dress hugged her curves, her long white hair pulled back in a beautiful bun. She looked at Loki, who sat on the ground beside her. "Ready for some work?"

Summer paused, sighing as she sat in the chair that was provided, playing with the signs she had made to replace the ones that were provided. "I wonder if I'm going to be selling alone today... if someone else attractive were here, I'm sure it'd help bring in more profit."

OPEN
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 0:01:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","artemis"]
well, artemis wasn't great at cooking, but he had jumped on the chance to write an article about the bake sale in general.

get more people to join- hopefully. in all honesty, it had been a half-assed article, as he had been too distracted with other things to really make it sound nice. mostly and their most recent meeting; artemis wouldn't lie and say it didn't still sting a little, even with him trying to throw himself into any distractions he could. even if said distractions meant currently hunting down items for a bake sale to edit the article.

make it more appealing, he supposed.

estella was the one who found the closest stall, the liepard glancing at his trainer a few feet away and the treats in question until artemis arrived, hand instinctively reaching for one-

until he saw the price.

isn't that a bit much? artemis thought the point of bake sales were to be cheap so things would actually sell. he didn't bother hiding his disappointment as he scanned the rest of them, quickly noting the prices with a bit of disdain.

this certainly wouldn't go well for his advertisement, either. not if everything was overpriced.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".artemis"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artemis b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artemis i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 2:46:11 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
A few people came by, surprised by the price. But they were all too easy to convince that the price was high for a good cause. Well, that was because it was.

For the charity and for Summer.

She would say she was having some decent business, explaining the money was going to a local sanctuary near Oldale Town for older Pokemon to rest the rest of their days instead of being abandoned by careless trainers. Of course, that touched hearts from young and old, and maybe it made a child cry thinking about their Pokemon growing old one day.

Summer waved off her most recent customer when she eyed a purple-haired figure heading to her stall. The individual stopped, noticeably disappointed and backing off from the sweets she had displayed.

She leaned forward, resting her head on her hand. "I know what you're thinking. They're expensive. But trust me, it's so worth it. The treats are to die for, and our cause is wonderful." She bat her eyelashes at him, offering a sweet smile.

@artemis
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 1:00:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","artemis"]
the individual running the stall is pretty, sure, but her charm doesn't do much on him. maybe it's his own past of dealing with the business part of things, but the way she bats her eyelashes only serves to deepen his frown. between her and the liepard practically begging at his feet, though-

he gives in. a bit reluctantly, he signs out a pokemon friendly? and points at the treat he had been originally reaching for. he didn't want to give estella anything that was going to hurt him, after all. as he's waiting for an answer (one he hopes he'll get), he's already reaching into his bag to pull out the corresponding amount of money.

if nothing else, he can eat the treat instead of his pokemon. sure, it'd be a waste of the plan he did have, but at the very least he could update his article to advertise it in some way. if he liked it enough, that was.

and if he did, he was sure he could find a way to excuse it being seemingly overpriced in his article- outside of the usual reasoning, of course.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 4:32:28 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer could have leaped out of her chair for joy when her patron began to dig out the amount of money she had written down for the treats. Ah, the sweet smell of profit! She smiled, taking the treat gently in her hand and offering a sweet smile on her lips.

"Of course! Anything for the ones we love and care about!" She looked at the Liepard, giggling a bit. Her own Nickit ran out from beneath the tablecloth to greet the other Pokemon.

"My dear Loki thinks they're so tasty. You have a great eye," Summer cooed, winking. "Is there something else I can help you with or might catch your fancy? I can even offer you a percentage off for our treat bundle!"

@artemis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 19:16:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","artemis"]
inwardly, artemis is telling estella that he should be glad artemis still has money; otherwise, the liepard would have had to deal with having no treat. something tells him that the woman working the stall wouldn't have lowered the prices, after all, even if he had asked as politely as he could. estella, attention now on the nickit, raised a paw to try to bat gently at the other pokemon. artemis made a note to keep an eye on them; while he doubted it'd turn into an actual fight, at least not on estella's part, he didn't know how the nickit would react to a larger cat pokemon doing what estella had.

and then- surprise surprise, the woman had offered a percentage off from the treat bundle. artemis only had the two pokemon, but...fuck it. they deserved a treat, and it wasn't like things like this happened every day. at least, not that artemis had seen, at least- so why not? nodding in response, he pulled the purchased treat into his bag and waited for the price of the treat bundle. once he was done here, he could find a place to share the treats and hopefully edit the article on the bake sale for the better.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 23:14:45 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She waited, waited to see if her offer for a discounted price would work for her gain. And when she saw him put away the treat and nod, she knew she won. Hook, line, and sinker.

Offering a wide grin, Summer stood up, maneuvering from her seat to where the bundles sat to the side. She pulled them up, offering a few selections for Artemis to choose from for his Pokemon's liking - or his. She didn't care either way.

"As you can see, our price is typically higher for these bundles, given they come with six goodies in them. But, the discount I will offer you today is thirty percent. It'll save your bucks and give your babies the treats they deserve."

Well, maybe she was being a tad generous to him because it looked like Loki was interested in playing with his Liepard. She began to wag her butt in the air, raising her paw to try and play with her. "She likes your Pokemon," Summer commented with a small smile.

@artemis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 19:28:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","artemis"]
the woman was patient enough, at least, even if artemis couldn't shake the feeling that the treats really were overpriced. but they were for a good cause, and...well, getting a bundle couldn't hurt anything. he'd have enough to make up for it soon enough, and he didn't mind helping out.

so, with what he hoped was enough in hand, he reached for one that he thought his pokemon would like. hopefully. he was a little biased, because the icing decorations were cute and they had caught his eye before the rest, but neither solaris or estella were picky.

and, surprisingly, the woman did offer him a discount. he supposed the day was just full of surprises. he was still going to give the rest, though. as a tip or something; and partially because estella seemed eager to play with the nickit, continuing his routine of trying to (gently) bat at the nickit. the sight of them, and the woman's words, is enough to coax a grin from him. it was enough of a distraction, even if it was sure to be brief.

sliding his money across, he moved to sign out a quick 'a tip'. he pauses, tempted to add something about the nickit, and then decides against it just as quickly.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 23:34:41 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
x
-
@artemis
Artemis handed over the money, and she noticed that it was definitely more than the offered discount she gave him. This took Summer by surprise as she looked back at him. "You realize you gave me too much, right?"

Normally, she'd never do such a thing, just claim it was the right amount. But, when he signed that it was a tip, well...

That made her feel a bit bad, right?

Summer blinked a few times before smiling back at him. "Oh, well, thank you! It'll be greatly appreciated. I hope you and your pokemon enjoy your treats." She looked over the table.

"Loki, come on, we have more work to do. Let them go about their day."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 5:57:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","artemis"]
the woman seemed worried at the extra money, and artemis was moving to sign a reassurance when she seemed to process that it was a tip. even if it hadn’t been for the donations, maybe it was better that artemis stayed unaware. summer could keep her extra money and potentially get more customers due to artemis’ article, and artemis-

artemis got to think he was doing something good. even if it wasn’t as good as he would originally hope, what he didn’t know wouldn’t kill him.

bundling the treats into his bag, and hoping they’d be okay on the way back to his apartment, he smiled back at summer before trying to get his liepard’s attention. estella didn’t seem too pleased at having to leave, but backed away from the nickit after a moment, leaving artemis to sign a final farewell to the woman before the two left.

‘thank you. have a good day.’

and then he was gone, already pulling up his phone to edit his article to make the sale sound better.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
swindle a good cause [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 2:23:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@artemis