1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 17:33:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"This is the old factory floor," Zac said gesturing expansively at the dirty concrete. "The massive vats over there can each hold tens of millions of liters of cola! They're empty now though." He said, banging on the side of one. It echoed emptily. "All the production was moved to the new place near Lilycove."

"And over here is the, uh, the vines." It was a mess. Thousands upon thousands of dark vines had laid claim to a vast section of the factory. Zac had broken the ground beneath the original growth, and the roots now extended deep into the loamy soil. Up above, they tore through the old steel ceiling, seeking the sunlight. From outside you could almost see the top. This place had been meant as a safe haven from wild growth, but now it was almost as overgrown as his old house. The vines were dormant now though, their bust of growth from the Arceus plate all used up. 

Zac cleared a space on the singular couch he'd been able to save and offered Doug a seat. He sat down opposite his friend and tossed him a Charja-Cola. "How ya been mate? It's been a while!"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 1:42:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cola Crib

Humble beginnings for a curse

"Yeah, it has." Doug said, catching the can on reflex popping it open without thinking twice while his gaze stayed put on the mass of vines rising all the way to the ceiling. "What's with those? They look... familiar. But I don't think those are yer usual crop."

Zac's powers got more impressive every time he saw them.

"I'm told I've been doing great." He answered wryly as he dropped his bottom across from his friend, the cushion making an unflattering sound he did not even try to excuse as he brought the drink so his lips, feeling the acid kick his throat to the curb in the best of ways before he set the can on the floor nearby. "Thought I was, too; for the 2 seconds I first held that fancy trophy anyway. Felt like I was 10 all over again."

Back when he finally became of age and was deemed ready for a pokemon journey. He had such lofty expectations of himself then... Accomplishing them, even if only partly, felt as though it should bring back a measure of joy.

And it had, until the award ceremony was crashed- not that most knew what had gone down from Doug's perspective. Far as anyone could tell, the champion was salty he had been skipped over by the swords of justice for the runner ups.

He needed to talk to a friend about what had happened- He didn't want to saddle The Kids Club with the knowledge; and he didn't know where was, beyond some nebulous location in Sinnoh, and he had no way to contact her.

Zac was a friend, mature, understood being an avatar better than Doug did, and was perhaps uniquely equipped to discuss the subject of a Tapu.

The other option was , and nevermind the fact that he was nowhere near close with the man- he frankly just did not look forward to the judgmental stare if he did tell him.

"Uh, Zac." The youth began, scratching at his cheek. "Has... Bulu said anythin' to ya recently? Like, very recently?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:37:12 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I was there at the ceremony man! Quite a spectacle. I didn't know you were such a battler. Guess all that training with and the gym battles have been paying off, ay?" The whole award ceremony had been a crazy whirlwind of trophies, cheering, and legendary Pokemon. Multiple new avatars! I guess it should have been expected after the summer event last year. "No ten year old could have won that trophy, mate. You've grown up a hell of a lot since we met."

Zac leaned back, drinking the rest of his cola and tossing the empty can into a crate marked 'recycling'. "Bulu hasn't said anything to me ever. At least nothing that wasn't a grunt, a moo, or a snore. Why?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 1:48:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cola Crib

"You really think so?" The youth asked hopefully as he snatched back his can of cola. "That's... Really awesome to hear. Thanks, Zac."

He had been trying to prove something with his participation- to who, he couldn't say, but it seemed like he might have managed to get a message across after all.

Even if the rest of them had failed to reach the recipient since.

"Really? Nothing? But you saw the ceremony!" He said, leaning forward with a furrowed brow. "His sister was there! And she looked terrible!"

After the swords of justice had chosen their avatars, Lele had collapsed from her injuries and been revealed to all.

Even if the purpose of her visit there had not.

"Hasn't he... Tried to get you to go anywhere, or...?" He asked awkwardly, scratching at the back of his head before bringing the drink back to his lips, chugging it down.

He didn't know where the Swords of Justice had taken her. She hadn't answered once since. And he didn't feel much if at all different.

He was worried; he should've focused on healing her injuries then...

"Ah... Nevermind." The youth muttered as he leaned back onto the couch and sighed, neck craning back to stare towards the holes in the celing and at the sunlight shining down on them.

"... No, really, what the hell are those vines anyway? They are really familiar..."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:06:06 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Legendaries can be fickle and mysterious," Zac said, shrugging. "After the Vital Spirit festival Bulu used to disappear for long stretches too. Probably just healing." He frowned, thinking about the timeline. "What's it been though, two months?" 

As Zac puzzled over the disappearance, Doug asked about the vines. "Huh? Oh they're Zarude vines! brought back a snippet and I tried to regrow a plant." Zac pointed up at the hole in the ceiling. "Not a ton of luck past the initial burst, and it used up a whole plate." He tore off a piece of vine. It was lush and living, almost preserved at the point of growth, all those weeks ago. "They're supposed to have healing properties, but they didn't work on Ki. Not sure if they healed Chryssa either." 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:27:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cola Crib

"Chryssa?" The youth almost gave himself whiplash snapping his gaze back to Zac, incredulous. "... Ki?"

It seemed like the only person who didn't know how to get in contact with the girl was him.

Not that he had given her any good reasons to want him around.

His chest tightened as his expression soured, a sigh leaving him as he melted on the seat in a very not so adult-ish manner.

"Healing, huh?" He muttered, lip curling down as he held up a hand, clenching and unclenching his fist.

Nothing. Unlike Zac who couldn't stop making plant life grow around him when he was first chosen, Doug showed no signs of having any powers- and certainly did not know how to use them, if he had any.

He might've wasted his time searching for Lele either way, because of course Chryssa would find a solution to her problem on her own; hadn't that been the whole point? Just how arrogant was he? He just kept trying to do everything on his own without asking any questions.

"What a clown." He muttered, sinking in deeper into the couch as Zac tore out a piece of the vines.

"... Why just a sample, though?" Doug asked dryly, almost merged with the couch. "Wouldn't just havin'the whole monkey on hand be better?"

He imagined Chryssa had one of her own of course; maybe a friend's? How else would she get it?

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:45:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Well I don't have a Zarude," Zac said. "A few of them got caught after the Fortree Expedition, but most of them went to Rangers from those parts." He tossed the sample to Doug. There was more than enough to go around, and it was probably inert anyway.

"By the time I thought about it, it was too late. They'd all been snapped up!" Something huffed from the shadows nearby, and there was a gleam of hunter's eyes, filled with cold lightning. "Oh yeah! I did get a cat though. Ki's been telling me I should get one to keep myself humble." He watched Doug clench and unclench his fists. "You alright mate? Something on your mind?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 14:42:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cola Crib

"Huh?" The youth uttered as he caught the vine with his unclenching hand. "Uh... Yeah. Just... peachy."

He needed to stop wallowing in self-pity and focus on the subject at hand.

For no particular reason other than perhaps spending too much time with , the youth bit into the vine as he began to think, its hair dye-like taste giving him pause.

Zac's words meant that neither Chryssa nor Ki had a Zarude for themselves. It begged the question of how the heck had Chryssa even gotten her hands on the vines in the first place, but he didn't get to ponder on it much, a chill running down the length of his spine as something huffed and glared at them.

"Ki tells ya to get yerself cat and ya get yerself a tiger, huh? Typical." Doug said dryly as he reached into his jacket, before casually throwing a pokeball Zac's way. "'ere. Think that chapette could help any?"

The contents would be obvious in a moment.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 13:35:58 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac tossed out the Pokeball, and a large, hulking creature formed in the shadowed underside of the vines. Its shape was easy to make out: a giant monkey. "Mate, is that one of them?" Zac asked, his smile growing.

"This is gonna solve a bunch of problems. Thanks a ton!" Zac asked, squatting as he approached the Pokemon, hands out so that it could sniff him. He didn't make direct eye contact either, instead looking around the nearby vines. If this Zarude was anything like the other monkey Pokemon it would be shy, but quick to build friendship. They were great partners usually, if a little skittish. "Where'd you get her?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 14:02:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cola Crib

"Far as I know." He said wryly, watching get acquainted with the monkey. Seemed like he knew what he was doing. "It will, huh...? I'm glad to be of help."

For once.

It was about the only thing he could offer to help her. But it was least some help.

"Keep me updated, eh?" He said, tipping his hat as the monkey looked at him. "He'll be a better trainer for ya, love. I ain't got enough space for ya to have fun."

Moving towards the fridge from which Zac had pulled out his Colas, Doug began rummaging through the contents.

"Do you prefer regular or Kyle Krush?" he called out as he held two cans, kicking the fridge closed behind him. "Uh... 'twas the same day of the awards ceremony, after celebrations. I was a kinda drunk, but I found'er in like... an alleyway, I think? She looked like she had been in a scrap."

And had won it, too. Poor Keldeo.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 23:46:05 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

DING!

A default alert sound (or whatever nonsense someone like would consider 'cool') rang through the factory like the toll of a bell, signaling imminent doom. Or whatever Chryssa considered an emergency.

Emergency!
(she typed--)

DING!
I hate that it must come to this, but I am being held hostage by my parents (three knife emojis) 
DING!
AlsoI need more of those vines. are they still growing
DING!
I know it'll probably be 6 hrs before you see this so HERE is my address for my parents beach house where (AS I SAID) I am being kept and tortured against my will
Three more knife emojis ended Chryssa's last text.

Also, after a short waiting period where Zac's janky phone struggled to load such a complex piece of multimedia, a picture of what was assumedly Chryssa's mother relaxing in a pool chair, but viewed through the tines of a fork as if the user was in jail. 

DING!
see

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 0:06:41 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

DING! "Whoa!" Zac exclaimed, as his phone dinged with the default text alert. The Zarude pulled back, startled by the cool sound. "Come back girl, nothing to be-" DING! A second alert pulled Zac's attention back to the brick in his pocket. "Twice in one day?" he said, grinning. That think-piece in Archeologists Annual must have finally been published. DING! DING! DING!

Zac grabbed out his phone, tapping his foot while the messaging app loaded. He paled when he saw the contents. Five messages from Chryssa, complete with little X in a box emojis, and a blank image. "Doug! Chryssa's in trouble!" he said, quickly composing a reply.

Dear Chryssa,
Thank you for your messages, and for thinking of my in such a stressful situation. It is great to hear from you! How are your parents doing? 

The vines are healthy, however they have not grown further since your assistance some weeks ago. 

Sorry to hear that you are being tortured. I will organize a rescue right away. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

See you later, Feraligatr!
Zac Ramsay

"She's been...captured? By her parents?" Zac said, putting the pieces together. "Not sure what that's about, but it sounded urgent. Do you have time to go and pick her up?" he asked, showing Doug the message from Chryssa. "It's just South of Sandgem Town. In Sinnoh." 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 2:43:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cola Crib

Doug's entire body jerked as the most horrible sound to ever grace Arceus' green Earth thundered across the abandoned factory, scaring the monkey shitless.

"Who..." Doug began to mutter as Zac typed up a response, grinding his pinkie into his ear with a grimace. "The hell uses the default alert?"

Doug did but that didn't mean he wouldn't give Zac crap for it.

"Doug! Chryssa's in trouble!" "WHAT?!" CLAP.

Doug audibly smacked across Zac's body as he threw himself at the giant man, swinging himself around his shoulders to properly get a look at his screen.

Doug found himself squinting at the text a moment later.

"Who would've thought, she really crawled out of a prison." He said dryly as he finished reading, before popping open his can of Kyle Krush and chugging it down in one go, crushing it against his skull with an audible crack before giving Zac a broad grin and a thumbs up. "HELL YEAH MAN, I'VE GOT THIS!"

Renewed vigour filled his chest at the thought of not only finally seeing again after so many months, but actually being some help. Who cared if Tapu Lele refused to so much as whisper his way? He had managed plenty without her, and he could manage plenty still!

The possible consequences of whisking his crush away from her parents didn't quite register in his brain as he quickly began to sort through his many travel options.

Gamsend town or whatever? Never heard of it, and Sinnoh was a literal continent or so away, but he definitely had this.

As the youth pumped himself up for a cross-regional prison breakout, the skin on the back of his neck seemingly began to break off, fluttering high in the air whilst becoming a saturated, glowing pink, breaking off into particles around him and dissipating in a constant, never ending flow, slowly spreading to the rest of the naked parts of his skin.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cola Crib
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 4:48:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: