3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 0:01:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A brand new, shiny bank has been resurrected in the busiest district of Slateport. Adjacent to the fancy hotels and beautiful park, it is bound to already have a number of wealthy, prominent investors. New establishment meant fresh meat for the shadiest Slateport syndicates. No wonder they are so interested in . Macro Coasmos Bank is paying The League, and therefore Matias, bug money to have him around in case something went awry. The newest Elite Four member would no doubt be an intimidating addition to their security detail.

Why is Eva here? Mostly because he asked her to be. It’s not like she didn’t have plenty to do. But . . . how could she say no to that face?

It’s unlikely anything serious will happen today. Regardless, she has Mehira on standby just in case. The Shiny Salamence is perched on top of the bank’s building peering down at the streets of Slateport like a dragon guarding her treasures. It’s not like Matias would need their help. He’s perfectly capable without her but sometimes she likes to pretend he needs her around.

They sit across the street in the park on the lush grass in perfect view of the bank’s entrance. They’ll be summoned if they’re needed, “So,” she grins, looking up at him, “When do I get to meet it?” she’s referring to Virizion, of course. Of all people, Eva understands the need to bond with a pokemon personally before introducing it to others. She hasn’t been pushy, but she’s anxious to meet the other creature vying for Matias’s attention.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 6:21:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]with a dragon guarding the bank, it makes their jobs that much easier, allowing them to simply sit and watch over by the nice park across the street.

at her question, he chuckles, tilting his head over to meet her gaze.

"would you like to?"

almost on cue, something nudges against eva's shoulder before rising back up to cast a shadow over them. it's not the grandest of entrances, but it's one still fitting for the grassland pokemon.

matias stands, rising to meet virizion, and just like that day in slateport, he reaches a hand out towards her.

"eva, virizion. virizion, eva."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 6:50:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Would she like to? Her lips pull into a frown and part to answer with an of course when the nudge on her shoulder startles her, “Oh!” she gasps, spinning around and instinctively moving closer to Matias. The shock on her face settles, well, mostly, when she sees Virizion towering over them.

Eva stands with Matias, keeping a curious gaze on the legendary. For all the legendaries she’s met, she shouldn’t be so . . . star struck? Is that the right word? Perhaps it’s different this time, knowing Matias is the center of its focus. Regardless, she’s stunning: Elegant, powerful, regal. Eva looks at her with a sense of awe.

“It’s nice to meet you,” she smiles softly, a hand hesitant to reach out and greet Virizion. She’s a stranger, after all.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 9:40:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]virizion nudges her head against matias' hand, accepting the gesture for what it is and nothing more. his hand lowers and he steps to the side to allow virizion to approach eva.

"she knows you a little. i've spoken to her about you before."

what exactly was shared remains between the two as virizion dips her head a little, showing appreciation to the league's head professor.

it's then that MAGICAL LEAVES flutter into the space around virizion, surrounding her before they gently float to the ground, catching the rays of the sun to almost glisten.

the smile matias wears is almost as bright as he watches them.

"we're still getting to know each other."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 15:19:24 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva remains while Matias steps away, completely enthralled with the pokemon in front of her, “Oh really?” her gaze momentarily leaves Virizion to glance at Matias, “Only good things, I hope,” her attention is quickly pulled back to Grassland Pokemon. Eva’ not quite sure what to do, so she just mirrors Virizion’s gesture and nods her head respectfully towards it.

Her smile brightens considerably as the MAGICAL LEAVES burst from around the doe, fluttering towards the ground with quick flashes of light, “Beautiful,” Eva smiles, not just referring to the MAGICAL LEAVES.

“What’s her favorite snack?” she asks, wanting to keep plenty of it around for her.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 15:40:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias meets eva's glance; lips curling into a grin as he responds with:

"is there anything bad to say?"

at this, virizion seems to chuckle; MAGICAL LEAVES fluttering as she turns away to leave the humans to their privacy.

"apples."

but before they can continue their conversation, the radio cracks, static buzzing for seconds before cutting out again.

"what was that?"

he turns, looking towards the bank.

[attr="class","noodles"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 16:19:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“I don’t know, is there?” she counters, watching Virizion turn away. What Matias may not deem as bad, the pokemon may misinterpret. It’s a higher creature, judging him, assessing whether their bond can be strong enough to foster something deeper. The presence of someone who already holds his heart along with a strong physical and emotional bond might seem . . . intimidating, threatening even. At least, that’s Eva’s fear. So, she’ll bribe Virizion with snack. Apples it seems.

“I’m going to plant an apple tree, then,” she decides, can help her. He’ll make that thing sprout up so fast Virizion won’t know what to do with so many apples.

Her thoughts are interrupted with radio static. Her gaze snaps towards the bank. Mehira is still perched calmly on top of the building. Nothing seems out of the ordinary . . . yet.

Eva grabs the radio, “Everything alright? Over.” she's met with more static, a crackle, and the faintest of whispers, Inside.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 16:35:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]even the faintest of whispers is enough to get him to act. by the time eva would look back over, he'd already be gone.

virizion rushes past, and just like they've practiced, matias extends a hand out and grabs onto one of her dull, curled points at the end of her horn, needing to be precise otherwise he'd risk his hand getting sliced off.

the momentum swings him astride, mounting as the two of them rush towards the bank.

SACRED SWORD takes them through the entrance.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 16:55:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Inside? Eva glances over towards Matias . . . only to find he’s not there.

“What the hell?!” she mutters, spinning in a quick circle before catching a glimpse of him swinging himself onto Virizion. Ugh, here we go again.

Without a fancy stag to charge into battle, Eva is way behind. He could have at least taken her with him. Now, she has to run the whole way. He’s gonna have to wait for back up.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 17:22:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]a wall of QUICK GUARD enacts the moment the doors burst open, blocking the flurry of MACH PUNCHES. six pokemon stand in their way, resisting: hitmonlee, hitmonchan, magmar, magmortar, and two conkeldurrs.

pokeballs burst open, welcoming the challenge.

zarude, hitmonlee, and electivire are all joined by virizion as they fan out to contain the scene while making sure to keep the damage to a minimum, as requested by the bank.

matias looks to their trainers, another pokeball in hand.

"STAND DOWN."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:09:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Spotting Eva running towards the building sparks Mehira into a flurry. The dragon roars, thunderous steps pounding on the top of the build while she gets ready to take flight. She’s stopped by a signal from Eva. If they try to escape, Mehira would need to hunt them.

Finally, Eva reaches the entrance that Virizion made through the front of the building. Her breaths are deep, but she doesn’t let exhaustion weaken her spirit. Matias seem to already have the A-Team out. There’s little for her to do except give him support if needed. The doctor takes her place beside Matias and Virizion, arms crossed in a defiant manner. A single pokeball cracks open and Mr. Mime dances forward with a cheeky grin. His palms press forward against an invisible wall, readying a WIDE GUARD should the criminals attempt to retaliate against them.

A hearty laugh escapes one. It’s essentially 1v5, he pays little attention to the small blonde that shows up.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:43:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]they obviously don't stand down; it'd make the situation a little too easy, and they simply can't have that.

despite the hearty laugh the one criminal gives out, there's no denying the efficiency in how matias' team sweeps through their pokemon.

magmar and magmortar's combined FLAMETHROWERS are reduced to mere EMBERS as a THUNDER WAVE washes over them. their muscles tense, slowing them enough to allow hitmonlee's RECKLESS HIGH JUMP KICKS to knock them out cold.

the two conkeldurrs swing their HAMMER ARMS that crash into zarude's side, but the dark-type simply braces through the pain before entangling them with a GROSS KNOT that BINDS the fighting-types, holding them in place.

virizion scatters a storm of MAGICAL LEAVES that soar towards the hitmons. they spring forward with BLAZE KICK and FIRE PUNCH only to smack against mr. mime's WIDE GUARD. virizion spares a courteous look over her shoulder towards eva, smirks, then dashes ahead to handle the hitmons with swift SACRED SWORDS.

"i'll say it one more time: stand down."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 19:03:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The efficiency is incredibly impressive. Although, that shouldn’t surprise Eva. She’s seen him fight before; he’s always been impressive. Eva may be a little bias, though.

With their pokemon busy, and rather disappointing, to be honest, the leader of this little gang huffs. A low growl accompanies and toothy scowl cast in the direction of the newest Elite Four trainer, “Get him, boys,” If their pokemon couldn’t do the job, they would just have to.

Four considerably sized men stalk forward past their pokemon and towards Matias and Eva. Mr. Mime takes the liberty of stalling one of them. With a grin he jumps into the path of one, throwing a SUCKER PUNCH with delight and sending the criminal flying back towards where he once came from.

The leader seems to have disappeared.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 9:22:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]normally, the only reaction he'd give is to simply call out another pokemon to handle the three men. but things aren't the same anymore; he can almost feel virizion's gaze on him, despite the grassland pokemon being occupied.

"alright."

so the pokeball in his hand is quickly pocketed. mr. mime's SUCKER PUNCH seems to stall their approach long enough for matias to simply lunge a front kick at one of them, knocking them back and into the counter.

the two rush at him. he takes a punch, and another, but returns with one that sends one of them into mr. mime's path. now down to just one, it doesn't take long for them to go down, too.

as for their leader...

[attr="class","noodles"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Strike First
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 13:47:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Mr. Mime seems quite excited to help Matias out. A PSYCHIC grips the man flung his way and tosses him over his shoulder like a carelessly discarded piece of trash. Mr. Mime dances happily in place, clapping his hands in delight.

As for the boss . . . It seems they missed an Abra clung to his back like a child – his escape route, but not without his money.

“Mat – Ah!” it’s a sharp yelp, of mostly surprise when a large fist curls into her hair and yanks her back into firm grip. Naturally, Eva struggles and tries all her outs. She’s too short to headbutt him and his boots are steel toed. Damn.

“Alright – that’s enough,” he has zero desire to end up crumpled on the floor like the rest of his men, “I’m leavin’ with my money . . . You can guess what happens if ya give me any trouble,” A chin juts towards the scowling Eva for emphasis, “Be a doll and bring me the bags,” Each man Matias has taken out was packing a duffle full of cash. He wants all four bags delivered to his feet.

“Don’t do it,” Eva can’t let him win. She’d figure this out, she’d be fine . . . right?