Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 1:43:50 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Are you three ready?” Rowan looked over his Pokémon, the Phione and Kubfu offering cheerful cries while Mistral let out a disinterested series of trills. “You know, this teenager phase is getting annoying.” He teased, reaching a hand out to ruffle the feathers of his Prinplup both figuratively and literally.

Having something else such as a Gym Challenge to focus on was a blessing, with so much on his mind recently. Perhaps there was clarity to be found in these trials, a much needed mental respite. “Besides, didn’t you throw a fit that I didn’t bring you on my last two challenges?” Mistral huffed and crossed their arms, looking away from Rowan.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 7:21:37 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
There was a wet 'shlap shlap shlap' on the deck to interrupt 's musings.

"Hey, dude!" Temp waved to Rowan, a giant and stupid smile on his face, a full body wetsuit on his body and fins on his feet. He was soaked, dripping all over the deck, but looked super pleased at himself.

"Are you, like, Rowan? I'm Norman Rararie! Call me 'Temp'. You're here for my challenge, yeah?"

Leaning over, he smiled at Mistral, since the guy seemed grumpy, offering his fist to bump with the penguin's flipper.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 2:27:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“That’s me.” Rowan offered a cordial smile. “Nice to meet you.” He was aware of Norman Raraire, unfortunate nickname and all. “I’ve heard a lot about you.” Arms crossed over his chest, though he didn’t let the smile fade.

“Primarily your ‘extra-curricular’ activities with Gavin.” A small twitch at the corner of his mouth, betraying his attempt to keep brotherly feelings out of the interaction. Seriously? This was the person was fucking? This rebound was possibly the most shallow one he’d seen from his brother yet.

“I’m not here to talk about that, though. I’m here for your challenge.” The smile spread into a confident smirk. “I hope you’re ready.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 0:06:42 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
When mentioned and his 'extra-curricular’ activities, Temp didn't even look ashamed. If anything, he just seemed pleased as punch, laughing loudly before trying to give the guy a friendly slap on the back. Too bad Temp didn't know his own strength sometimes.

"You know Gavvie?" Oh, Temp was delighted. Plus, hey, this guy knew Gavin as Gavin, so he was probably cool! Shame they hadn't met before this. "He's my boyfriend!" At that, he seemed proud, like it was a badge of honor. He had promised to tell everyone after all.

"Oh! Right!" Rowan was here for a challenge, not to talk about who he was smooching on! "In those lockers along the wall, theirs wetsuits of all sizes! I recommend putting one on. We also have Re-breathers you can borrow, but if you have a pokemon that can help underwater that works, too!"

Opening up one of said lockers, a small stack of folded clothes was on top. Temp plucked out a phone and scrolled on it a bit.

"We're going to go check on a Clampearl colony! One of the biologists here thinks something is making them sick, so we're going to scout it out."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 16:59:50 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan winced as the other man slapped him on the back, both from the strength and sense of over-familiarity that Temp seemed to be imparting upon him. “Yeah, I know him pretty well.” Being blood related made that an understatement, but he wasn’t sure what had shared with this new plaything of his.

“Boyfriend?” An eyebrow arched, curious as to when the Underboss ever planned to tell him about this development in their romantic life. “Interesting.” There was a certain amount of shit he’d be giving the eldest Quinn when he next saw them, for now Rowan would bite his tongue and smile.

“I’ll get suited up.” Rowan didn’t take long to get himself ready, seeing as he’d gone diving hundreds of times on his own already. “These three are all suited for the water, they should be fine.” Kubfu wasn’t a water type, but they’d done plenty of training underwater in preparation of their evolutions. Still, he grabbed a rebreather for the Pokémon just in case.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 9:33:31 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
When was all ready, Temp gave a big thumbs up before he walked, as best he could with the fins, over to one of the ladders that was built into the side of the vessel. It was normally in case someone fell overboard. Instead of being sensible and using it, Temp just leaped off the side.

There was a long pause before a 'splash' could be heard.

However Rowan decided to make it down into the water, Temp would be lazily clinging to a Relicanth. The large fish had on a special vest so Temp could grab onto some little handles affixed to it without actually inhibiting the pokemon.

He dipped under the water, a pocket of air around him as his Relicanth used a Dive to keep him from suffocating.

"'Kay, so it's just this way!" A little wobbly since he was calling to Rowan through water, but it would get the job done. Temp pointed to a colorful coral reef in the distance.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 22:08:35 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Beautiful.” Rowan remarked as he took in the view of the coral reef before them, vibrant and full of natural color that contained an entire ecosystem hidden within. “Where are the Clamperl?” He called back, expelling bubbles through his rebreather as he spoke.

Amber eyes glanced about before checking on the Pokémon he’d brought with him, Mistral and Phione seemed to be chatting about something with a series of cries while Kubfu was more focused on the mission at hand, puffing on their rebreather to be able to keep up with their aquatic companions. “You’re doing great Kubfu, remember our training.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 1:13:09 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"They're down this way!" Temp answered, voice echoing in his air bubble. He led down past the reef itself, to a sheer drop-off just below it. The part of the cliff was carved out by nature, natural holes letting in both light and fish. There was a large crevice where the two of them and their pokemon could easily pass into.

The cave system was expansive for the area, dark holes leading deeper into the earth and twisting turns that would lead to smaller alcoves. The Clampearl themselves were close to the entrance, though, huddled up around one of the walls, their shells clamped together tightly.

"They're pretty sensitive since they started getting sick. They're used to me, but since they don't know you it might take some time before they relax... unless you can think of a way to speed that process up?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 4:29:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I have just the thing." Rowan assured them, gesturing for Phione to swim forward into the waters. She was happy to appeal to the Pokémon of the ocean, something she didn't get to do often in the confines of a Pokéball. Phione let out a small giggle, using their Charm to ease the troubled hearts and minds of the Pokémon that were anxious at the arrival of newcomers.

"That should do the trick." Indeed the Clamperl seemed more relaxed, allowing Rowan to get a better look. "Hey there little guys. Not feeling well?"

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 5:36:58 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp had no idea what that pokemon was! But it was cute and seemed to like the water, so Temp was okay with it!

The Clampearl stayed clamped tight. For the most part. After just long enough for to think it had failed, one of the smaller Clampearl slowly opened up her shell. The normally blue part of her body had speckles of sickly green dappled in patches.

Temp frowned at that.

"Hm. They didn't look like that yesterday. Any ideas?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 1:10:14 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
A concerned look crossed Rowan’s face when the Clamperl revealed their apparent illness. “That’s not good.” Phione seemed to agree, slipping through the water to get closer to them before creating a glimmering Aqua Ring around the Pokémon. “I’m sure you know, but aquatic Pokémon have extremely delicate constitutions when it comes to their ecosystem. Something is throwing off the balance, making them sick.” What could it be?

“I’ve usually seen things like this as the consequence of drilling projects or illegal dumping. Are there any places nearby that might be doing something like that?” Rowan wasn’t too familiar with the area around Pacifidlog, that was where Temp would have to guide him.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 3:41:36 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
was a studied expert! Temp was an expert but it was more from experience so he couldn't recognize as much as Rowan was. He did nod along, though, since what the other was saying made sense to him!

"This is a protected zone so drilling is illegal. It would have to be something illegal." Illegal drilling? Dumping? Or something else?

"There hasn't been any reports of strange activity other than these Clampearl recently. Usually the Mantine get all worked up if people come through too much...." That's how they usually caught illegal fishers. Mantine were all kinds of pissy and everywhere out here.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 4:39:53 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Hmm…” Without any obvious signs of disruption to the ecosystem there was only one logical conclusion that he was able to come to without further investigation of the area. “Perhaps they’ve been displaced.” Rowan asserted, attempting to reach out and place a gentle hand on one of the Clamperl.

“Is this area where they usually live? Something more aggressive could have pushed them out of their home. Would make sense why they are sick, they can’t adapt to the new environment.” Of course, this was nothing more than conjecture.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 22:42:28 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
There was a moment when Temp had to think it over.

"You know, maybe?" A few of the other Clamperl had opened up by now, ever so slightly. Most of them were sickly with the green spots. But, would be able to notice that a few of them seemed perfectly fine.

"This spot has always had Clamperl but not this many. Actually, the population has tripled in the last year." Which, while unusual, wasn't so far fetched. Occasionally species did better or worse.

"It's possible they could have migrated here at a slower rate so we didn't pick up on it."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Ocean Bros [Gym]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 2:55:34 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“We could be looking at issues with population, then. Overcrowding causes stress reactions that stunt growth, lower immunity, and make aquatic Pokémon prone to disease.” Rowan surmised, casting a sympathetic gaze towards the colony. “That would mean we have two options, we can either find them a larger habitat where they will thrive, or we can go to their old ecosystem and figure out what made them migrate in the first place.”

He turned to Temp with a small shrug of the shoulders, looking to them to make a decision. “It’s up to you, Mr. Gym Leader.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO