3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 1:07:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Does he? Does he still want her? It doesn’t seem like it. For now, it’s a thought she refuses to entertain. The implications are too much to pile on at the moment.

Otherwise, Eva understands. She’s just like him in that aspect. She’s reckless, but a hypocrite. Only she’s allowed to be reckless, not the one she loves. Not the one she can lose.

Perhaps she needs to change her perception. If he refuses to meet her halfway, she doesn’t have any other choice. If she continues to push, she'll drive him away. She’d never make him chose between her and his new deity, but it certainly doesn’t feel good knowing you've been demoted. But if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, “I’m not asking you to wait around. I’m just asking you to be more careful,” she turns around to face him again. She's pulled herself together, keeping the tears at bay, “Just . . . don’t leave me behind . . . please,” Not like today. Don’t leave me, you promised.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 10:39:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]of course he still wants her; she's all he'll ever want.

he places the glass down on the counter next to them, leaving it untouched as he steps close to pull her into an embrace.

"i promise i won't."

it's another promise he isn't sure if he'll be able to keep. he's always being careful, but he risks it much too often.

"next time i rush in like that i'll make sure you're right there with me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 16:09:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Her own untouched whiskey finds a place beside his when he reaches for her. Eva’s more than happy to melt into his embrace. No matter what, she finds the most comfort in his arms. It’s where she belongs, where she wants to be. Her arms fold around his waist, head resting against his chest. The rhythmic beat of his heart soothes the bubbling frustrations and dulls the sharp pain that haunting memories bring.

He makes another promise. And for the first time, she doesn’t believe him.

Eva leaves it unsaid, pushes it down. Instead, she sighs and melts deeper into the embrace, “I’m sorry, I just - I love you, Matias,” she says softly. Eva doesn’t even know what she’s apologizing for, it just felt right to say.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 17:40:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]cold fleets, overpowered by the warmth she brings him as his arms fall around her, holding as though letting go would mean losing her.

"i'm not going to leave you behind, eva. i could never."

the mere thought is too much to even consider. he brushes it away, burying it among a plethora of others that will never surface.

"you're my life."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 4:38:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

You’re my life. The words mean a lot to her. They would mean more if she believed them. She believes he loves her, but he’s made it clear there are priorities bigger than her, an agenda the supersedes her feelings. She practically had to beg him to understand how this makes her feel. That’s something she shouldn’t have to do.

As long as she’s by his side, she’ll learn to cope. It will take time, it’ll hurt, but nothing would hurt more than not being with him. That’s just not an option. Even the brief minute without him was unbearable.

She shifts, holding him tighter to bury her own thoughts deep among the others that she’ll continue to suppress. It seems the conversation has ended . . . for now. Eva hopes it’s not one they will have to have again. Undoubtedly, Virizion will come up again and Eva will have something to say about that. For someone who has met their fair share of avatars, she’s still suspicious of the legendaries’ intentions with their chosen human and the data show more systemic effects.

Her body leans back just enough to prop her chin on his chest and look up at him with wide green eyes, “Your life, huh?” In an attempt to lighten the mood and push it all away, it’s a playful smirk that pinches the corners of her pink lips, “Your life is hungry. What’re you gonna make me?” Or order. Doesn’t have to be homemade.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 9:31:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]despite his words and promises, he knows there's more at play now than just them. he's been pulled into something beyond his understanding; chosen by a legendary whose intentions, for the most part, remain unknown to him.

but it's the promise of power that reels him in. maybe this is what he was missing in kanto. maybe now they stand a chance. if only he knew how to do anything but fight, then maybe things would be different.

it's a thought that's pushed aside for later, likely never to be revisited.

"mhm. my life."

he returns the playful smirk as he peers down at her. there's not much he can make; he chuckles as he lists off the two options:

"tacos? pasta? or we can order something. whatever you want, my love."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 15:53:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Tacos or pasta . . . Eva’s not even sure they have everything to make those. She hasn’t been to the grocery store in a minute. Things have been quite busy for them since Groudon and the cave.

There’s a moment of silence while she contemplates. Ultimately, she shrugs her shoulders, “Surprise me,” she smiles. Probably the exact answer he wanted to hear, “I need to shower . . . I feel like that guy’s still on me. Bleh,” she shudders at the memory of being held tight by someone that wasn’t Matias.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 16:29:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias isn't sure either but he could always quickly run down to the store. either way, her answer is exactly what he expects, and he's leaning down to kiss her afterward.

"a shower sounds good. maybe i could join you."

despite his words, he knows to give her space should she want it.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 16:49:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva smiles, leaning forward onto her toes to meet his kiss halfway. It’s comforting, as always. She nods, “I’d like that,” everything is better with him. Eva steps back, letting a hand trace down his arm until her fingers curl between his. Naturally, she gently tugs him along towards their bedroom and bathroom.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 17:14:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]like always, she tugs and he follows, disappearing behind closed doors.

he steps close to her; a hand reaching out to her shirt to help her undress. he tugs up, feeling her bare skin, craving her warmth.

"i'm...sorry about what happened in there. he never should've..."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 17:27:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

There’s no resistance as he pulls off her shirt. It falls to the floor and she reaches forward to do the same for him. She steps closer, craving his warmth against the subtle chill of the cool room, “It’s not your fault,” her shoulders shrug subtly, “I didn’t see him either. I should have had Blade with me,” she continues to tug at buttons, gently brushing skin with her fingertips.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 10:03:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]after a shrug, his shirt falls to the floor, revealing fresh bruises that taint his body. it's not an uncommon sight but it's worrying that the pain doesn't seem to bother him. he doesn't even notice them.

"kinda my fault for rushing in."

and then, after a pause, he whispers:

"...i wanted to hurt him."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 0:16:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Her pink lips tighten into a thin line at the sight of the bruises. Fresh reminders that he isn’t invincible. The wounds might not have cracked skin, but he bleeds beneath the surface. It’s hidden, but not from her. She pauses undressing him to inspect the stains. It’s nothing new or uncommon. It’s a part of their job. Still, their recent conversation is fresh in her mind so it’s that much more concerning to her in this moment.

A hand rises from his waist and her fingertips gently trace one of them on his chest, careful not to hurt him. Yes. It is kind of his fault for recklessly rushing in, but she’s not going to chastise him for it. He knows how she feels about it. Eva shakes her head, “I’m fine,” she reassures him, leaning forward to place a gentle kiss on the bruise she had been focused on.

I wanted to hurt him. Eva did too, that’s why she punched him. She knows there is a vast difference between their respective meaning of ‘hurting him’. Matias’s is undoubtedly darker, Eva’s a simple punch, “I know,” she whispers, looking up at him. She saw the fire that burned deep in his eyes and she recognized it. It’s kind of sweet to see him so protective, no one has ever wanted to protect her. Eva is used to being the one doing the protecting, “I’ve had worse . . . everything’s fine,” How many times will she have to say "fine" before she starts to believe it? At least this time she didn’t have a knife at her throat and was thrown off a cliff. Thank Arceus Matias didn’t have to see that.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 15:36:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]is it sweet?

it extends beyond simply wanting to hurt him, and though matias doesn't voice it, he wanted to kill him. it's the same rage that consumed him that night at the warehouse, the same rage that ultimately collapsed the warehouse atop .

it had been years since it last surfaced but it's still there, ever-present.

her kiss soothes, placates, and he exhales tension.

"is it really fine?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 4:06:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The release of tension is palpable. She craves to sooth him more, so she plants another kiss on his chest, and then another while she thinks on his question.

Is it really fine?

In a way, it is. She has him, he has her. There’s nothing more she really needs or wants. Her work is a high priority, sure, but he now supersedes it. She’s fine as long as she has him.

“Right now it is,” she decides, avoiding the edge of the steep slope they find themselves on.