4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 14:48:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She found herself with little more that she could say—only because she felt aware that everything else might sound insane. About the idea of time travel, and ‘fixes’ like that… it wasn’t like it was on the schedule anymore, anyways.

Theo seemed to be okay, as though he’d come to terms with his actions. Made peace with it, if he’d ever needed to in the past.

So, would a man like him go back in time if he could?

“Do you have any regrets?”

Cu54|3F|
331/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 14:55:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo continues to answer honestly.

"a few. but nothing good can come from them."

he finishes what's left of his drink before reaching for the bottle, refilling both their glasses.

"do you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]NIuzTrqw

464/1000

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 15:12:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her answers were, perhaps, more carefully calculated. They took a moment. She was timid, wary.

“A few.” A lot. Try: everything.

How does one grieve the death of someone who had loved them so violently? Far in the past, Rinc’s life had sounded so much more difficult than her own. She’d not been hit by an angry father, or even thrown into a glass table as Cillian had been. She had justified her lover's behavior with thoughts that she deserved it, if only to balance the suffering of the world.

How far back into existence might one have to travel in order to rectify these things? How many thousands of years?

Her regrets spanned killing to living and everything in between, and after. Not dying, even, all the times that she should have. Why the fuck not?

“Don’t regrets remind you not to make the same mistakes again?”

ULMEkNAD
282/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 16:30:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo shakes his head as he places the bottle back down. her glass is gently extended over to her.

"i find that i don't really need the reminder. once is more than enough."

and after a pause, he asks:

"what do you regret?"

[attr="class","noodles"]599B44v|

375/1000

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 16:43:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Oh.

She sighed, wondering what that meant about her thought process.

Her response was the first thing that came to mind this time.

“Fucking  .”

PrlFfAx8
252/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:13:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"of course."

he sips.

she doesn't really need the reminder, and yet, due to their conversation, he thinks it best to give her one.

"don't do it again."

[attr="class","noodles"]vgbXrBHM

326/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:31:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her face scrunched in an unpleasant way.

“Ew.”

Of course not. Never in a million years.

4SuJw2pQ
153/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:50:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]whatever happens to her face makes him laugh.

"good."

he downs the rest of his drink, then sinks lower to rest the back of his head against the platform.

[attr="class","noodles"]k9GHqGgR

309/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 18:14:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her eyes rested on him a bit easier. His laughter prickled her skin like the flush from the water.

Good.

“I regret running.”

From Galar.

mtgFZPsL
113/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 18:21:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]running from what exactly, he can only assume. regardless, it means little in dissuading him on commenting.

"you're not running anymore."

his head lazily tilts over to peer at her.

"are you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]OSdVbbER

256/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 18:35:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She’d killed all of them that had followed her, presumably. All except for @emi , and she’d popped up far too late to prevent the damages that had been done by the assumption that she’d not made it.

“No.”

Not from the same things, at least.

Then, she looked back, daring to ask with more interest than she typically offered people.

“What do you regret?”

IFPl7CaF
16/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 18:52:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i regret pushing raziel away."

it's likely not a name she's heard of but it's one of significant importance to him.

for years, raziel had been his tether to whatever little humanity remained in him. perhaps knowing what he knows now, he could've prevented things from ending the way they did.

[attr="class","noodles"]0m5BVLBr

189/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 19:15:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Boy, it was pretty hot. It was getting uncomfortable. She felt a bit light-headed.

But the conversation kept her in the water for the moment, intrigued. It wasn’t the answer she’d been expected. For some reason, she’d expected to at least hear a name she was familiar with. Why, she wasn’t so sure. It occurred to her, then, that she knew practically nothing about Theo.

Most everything was an assumption.

“Who’s Raziel?”

_6nxDex5
-1/1000
fuck

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 19:28:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"one of pryde's kids. he was smart. bright. worked in the labs for us. but they pushed him towards field work."

raziel pushed himself, really, but even now theo refuses to see him as nothing more than an innocent kid.

"he defected a while ago."

[attr="class","noodles"]xa57JEEp

89/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 11:51:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
had kids? Multiple, even? She hadn’t been aware.

“Oh.”

Why did Theo care so much about Pryde’s spawn? She was curious, but it felt intrusive to ask further. Pryde was her colleague, and she didn’t feel a need to know that much about his personal life.

“Fuck. Too hot.”

Finally, she rose, towel clinging from water and sweat. With a sigh of relief at the breeze, she stepped out—but didn’t leave yet. After eyeing down a moment, she instead sat at the edge, only dangling her inked legs into the steam.

Then, she poured his sake, and extended it towards him.