thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 15:02:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]when she rises, he expects that to be the end of their encounter. she'd probably slip into the shadows and leave, or something. to his surprise, she stays.

a smile graces his features as he accepts the sake.

"thank you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:56:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
When he took the sake, she poured herself another as well. Silence sat in the air between them for a moment, and she considered not saying anything more. Then, the thought of entered her mind again, and back to their conversation—and one question, in particular.

“Do you think we could ever be good people?”

It was, maybe, irrelevant to her now. Still, she found herself curious to hear his answer.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 11:33:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]her question is briefly pondered over a sip of his sake.

"bad people are capable of doing good things the same way good people are capable of doing bad things. so it depends on your perspective, i suppose."

he looks to her, asking:

"what makes a person good?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 0:36:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
It was a fair point.

His question caught her off guard. What, indeed.

Not killing people. Not doing the terrible things she’d done—many of which she figured he’d done, too. It was irredeemable, unless time itself was turned backwards. Only when her crimes ceased to exist in the timeline could she be free from the ghosts.

Plenty of things not to do, but what was to be done in order to be righteously deemed good to the world?

“I… don’t know.”

She looked over to him, assuming briefly—for whatever reason—that he might have the answer. Then, what would someone like him know about goodness? Only the fish, and she figured even they got hooked in the lip.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 17:10:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he might not have the answer she's looking for, but he has one nonetheless.

"i find that a person can only really be good to themselves."

sake's finished; glass placed off to the side.

"they can try to be for others, but however its perceived is ultimately out of their control."

meeting her gaze once again, he continues:

"so, to answer your question, lulu: yes, we could be good people as long as we decide to be good to ourselves, which given the nature of our work, seems unlikely."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 16:37:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
His answer didn’t make sense to her, and it showed in the way she stared back at him. What he described seemed like selfishness—something she’d been justifiably accused of plenty, and certainly no one had ever told her it was a good thing.

Maybe she was missing the point, though. Had she ever actually been good to herself?

Regardless, the conclusion had been drawn.

“So… no.” Unlikely wasn't necessarily that, but she took it that way anyways. Was she disappointed? Not sure.

The sake was done. She should have probably left, but she lingered a little bit longer, if only to digest her thoughts. Her eyes lingered on the water distantly, a foot rippling lightly through the water from where she sat at the edge.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 16:47:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he should have probably left, too, but he stays if only to see the end of this conversation, for she holds his interest as she usually does.

"don't you ever want to be good to yourself, lulu?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 17:12:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Good to herself… that was what being here at the sauna had been about, right? Something like that. Calming the fuck down. Or had that been for other people?

To Lulu, being good to herself looked more like pouring gasoline on the world and watching it burn.

She kicked the water a little again, and sarcasm lingered in a fake sort of smile.

“I’m here, aren’t I?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 17:29:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"is this good for you?"

whether he means the sauna, him, or something else entirely, remains in the air.

he shrugs.

"i suppose you do look more relaxed."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 18:17:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu supposed that he meant the sauna. She shrugged, mirroring him without noticing.

There was a moment of silence before she said anything.

“You know, I don’t sleep. At all.”

Rest and relaxation were no longer necessarily requirements of her existence.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 18:24:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"don't need to or you can't?"

though he sleeps, he, too, never really rests. or at least he hasn't in a long time.

curious, he leans closer to ask:

"so what do you do at night?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 18:42:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Did she need to? Was Darkrai’s blessing actually a curse withering away her health already, like had warned? Regardless, it seemed that it couldn’t be helped. There were no other apparent options than to simply stay awake and go about her life.

“I just don’t.” Only because can’t was a strong word. She’d not been able to sleep so far, but that wasn’t to say she’d tried everything.

She noticed him lean closer.

“Same things I do during the day, generally.”

Forever. Not the cycle that a person normally lived by, but a constant, unbroken continuation.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 18:45:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]only now does he realize how little he actually knows of her beyond what she's shown him and what he's read. it's often the mundane things that are missed.

"which are?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:00:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
A question she hadn't expected him to press.

Lulu had few hobbies.

“You know when people say they work a lot?”

She looked over at him briefly, flat expression finishing her point. Eyes then drifted away again idly.

“Sometimes I play solitaire.”

A mindless morning ritual to center her focus, and clear lingering nightmares, once upon a time. Now, mornings sometimes went by entirely unnoticed at all.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:03:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"solitaire."

he sounds almost disbelieved at how ordinary that sounds. honestly, he isn't quite sure what he was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that.

a chuckle escapes him, genuine.

"like, on your phone?"

[attr="class","noodles"]