Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:23:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
On her phone…

Lulu’s brow wrinkled a little. Some things about her were strangely and inexplicably old school, like the way she carried a pen and pad around the lab instead of a tablet like a normal person.

“What? No. With cards.”

The softened, worn edges of each were soothing as they passed through her fingers. Each shuffle was satisfying, every card sliding into place to form anew.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:27:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"oh. good."

that's the way it should be played — old school, with cards instead of digitally. it just feels more real that way, more intimate.

"i've never played before."

only poker, but he had learned it for a mission.

"will you teach me?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 17:23:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
For Lulu, solitaire wasn’t so much about the game as it was the feeling of the motions, the patterns, and tactile sensations. Otherwise, solitaire was really fucking boring.

Actually, it seemed like something Theo might enjoy—because he liked fishing. These types of activities were in the same vein, at least at a leisurely level.

“Sure? I can.”

Her tone contained a similar uncertainty to that day he’d handed her the Finneon’s pokeball. That sort of, ’Are we friends, now?’ Or something akin in her glance.

“Not like it's especially fun or anything, though. I suppose it just helps me focus.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 17:29:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the uncertainty behind her tone is familiar, and thus, recognized. but he makes no comments about it, indifferent enough to ignore it for now.

"have you tried chess?"

another game that others could find equally as boring, if not more.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 18:06:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Chess had never been boring to Lulu. The mechanics fit the way her mind worked, and she could easily annihilate most.

“I used to play a lot as a child—with my brother.”

Their household in Galar had contained a set. She could recall long games with in her formative years, young mind ever-witty and at times prevailing even against the skill and experience of a proud older brother.

The little things she held onto without often realizing.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 18:16:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"my dad taught me."

he smiles at the memory, faint as another surfaces.

"cillian and i used to play sometimes."

back in kanto, when they could do nothing but wait and recover until they were inevitably sent on their next mission.

he'd usually lose, of course, but that never surprised nor bothered him.

"if you're looking to play again..."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 18:40:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The more she learned about Theo, the more human he seemed. He had a family, too. Or had. She supposed she still didn’t know much about him.

She wondered about challenging to a game for old time’s sake, but the last time she’d seen him, it’d been shamefully leaving his house with a splitting headache and empty stomach. He’d seen too many tears that night, and although she’d said words she never had that should have strengthened their bond, she felt more distant than ever before.

Unable to see her brother’s vulnerability even as he’d displayed it to her, she felt that her own made her even less of a Quinn. An imposter. Weak. Unworthy. Quinns never crumbled.

“I mean…”

If she was looking? Not really—but now, it did sound fun.

“I don’t have a set.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 18:46:37 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i do."

a set that was once regularly used with the likes of , , and . now, it sits buried under piles of paper in a drawer somewhere, but theo is organized enough even with his mess.

"i'll bring it with me next time."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 18:56:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Next time.

He’d said it last time, and she hadn’t questioned it—and indeed, a ‘next time’ had come on its own (presumably). Today.

So, again, she said nothing of it, merely going along with the flow of things in whatever way they might happen.

“Okay.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 19:11:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]whatever and whenever next time may be, he's looking forward to it even if the only tell he shows is through the soft smile he wears.

he nods.

"thanks for the drink."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 19:24:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her brows scrunched a little for half a second at the strangeness of his response.

“Sure. You bought it.”

Should've thanked him, then, maybe?

Seemed like that a good moment to leave on, unless he was getting up himself. She was done, though, so she rose the rest of the way regardless.

“See you.”

She left, then, padding around a corner.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 3:33:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]YOU BEAT THE HEAT!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
THEO WINS:[break]
[break][break]

LULU WINS:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: