part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 5:02:21 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Fire types, huh? I have a couple of them myself, but I generally prefer Water and Psychic types.”
[break][break]
Then again, it’s not like water can’t burn or even scald at times – as made clear by the fact that the latter is the name of one of the most useful moves some of his pokémon have. Even here, it’s steam that makes the heat rise...
[break][break]
”Heat can be nice, to a degree
[break][break]
Mars gives her one of his usual confident smiles, and when she mentions kicking him out, he can’t help but laugh.
[break][break]
”I’d rather you don’t try, there’s no need to cause a scene.”
[break][break]
Maybe isn’t so bad after all. Her company is starting to result pretty enjoyable…
[break][break]
”Hmm… I’d say I’ve always been driven, kind of the type of person who likes getting what he wants and doesn’t take 'no' for an answer.” He shrugs, because there’s no point in denying that much. This is who he is, and it’s who he will always be. ”When it comes to the bank, though...It makes for a good stepping stone – a start off point, if you will.”
[break][break]
Why is he telling her this?
[break][break]
It doesn’t really matter, but it’s the truth indeed: he’s nowhere near done, the bank is only the beginning.

[break][break]

[break]
oWmfFvT1
[break][break]
518/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 20:28:57 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer laughed, unable to hold back a joke for him. "But, sir, I love causing scenes. It's my specialty." He probably wouldn't know that she was quite the socialite, and her clothes were always outfitted to turn heads. Therefore, cause a scene.

But, he could take it however he liked. She didn't particularly care.

"You sound like me, in a sense. I'm the same when it comes to not taking no. However..." She chuckled at herself, shrugging. "I may change my mind depending on the right price." It wasn't a secret to most of Rocket that she was driven by money. In fact, it kept her father's business afloat.

"Are you interested in starting something else besides the bank, then?"

597 heat points left!

2GhizBR7
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 23:37:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

At her joke, there’s a chuckle, one that comes followed by a smirk that lingers on his lips. After all, isn’t he this sort of person too? All too prone to stealing spotlights, all too fond of making sure to always stand out amongst a crowd. The type of person that rarely blends in even if they want to blend in, but why would they ever want to do such a thing?
[break][break]
”As long as it’s the fun kind of scene.”
[break][break]
And that’s what he leaves it at, since surely she can easily guess which sort of scenes are fun and which aren’t, right?
[break][break]
The right price. That’s fair, everyone has things that drive them, and money is better than what motivates many.” Leave the CEO of a bank to say something like that. Then again, “money” has never been the main motivator in his life. Just like the bank, it’s a means to an end: part of what he needs in order to achieve something greater.
[break][break]
”I do have a few businesses and companies I invest in, but I like to keep an open mind about those things. How about you? Is it just about the money or are there other plans in there too?”

[break][break]

[break]
B7llBMsS
[break][break]
510/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 16:52:21 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Well, well. Who knew that Mars would agree with Summer on causing a scene? She was a bit taken aback, but then she couldn't help but laugh along with him, waving her hand.

"Well, maybe we should cause a scene together sometime, hmm? I would love to see what you do."

Ah, money. She nodded, shrugging because she really couldn't deny it. Summer loved money. It was just something that was engrained in her family at this point, especially since her father stole money to make a profit.

Spoiled? Yes.

"Well..." She contemplated the thought. "I work for my father, like I said before. A lot of what I do revolves around that. But, outside of that work, it's about the money to me. If someone hires me for a job, it really needs to be for the right price, or else I don't think it's worth my time."

595 heat points left!

CuBye40E
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 20:39:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! Maybe we should, yeah. Can’t deny that I’m curious now too.”
[break][break]
Scenes and money…
[break][break]
Two topics fitting of people like them, for reasons that are all too similar even if they may not completely realize as much just yet...
[break][break]
Does he think Summer is rather naive for having her life revolve around money and nothing else?
[break][break]
Maybe, in a way, but it does make him curious, and he simply listens quietly to her words, only to then nod.
[break][break]
”It’s a good mentality to have. Wouldn’t want to sell yourself short, right? Although… What’s all the money for?”
[break][break]
Greed for the sake of greed itself? She wouldn’t be the first, nor the last.

[break][break]

[break]
GZQ4nAcv
[break][break]
420/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 23:05:12 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
What was the money for?

"Well." She wasn't quite sure either because it was a weird mixture of for herself and for her father. "Some of the money goes towards my father's business. But a lot of it goes to myself for my own benefit. Whether its for something I want to buy or just saving for something I may want."

Most of the time, she really didn't have to save money, though. Summer had a habit of throwing money into the wind because her father spoiled her like the princess she was.

"Some of it goes to the staff at my home as well." She wasn't all terrible.

518 heat points left!

_Q4AF_Kt
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 0:45:46 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Money makes the world go round.
[break][break]
Isn’t that what they always say?
[break][break]
So many people center their lives around it, and with a job like his, Mars hears about it every single day. Such being the case, there’s nothing surprising about Summer’s answer; nothing unexpected, nothing he couldn’t have guessed.
[break][break]
”Oh, I see. That’s fair enough… Maybe you should consider doing some investments or getting into stocks.”
[break][break]
Some friendly advice.
[break][break]
There’s many ways to increase one’s wealth, and some aren’t as obvious as others. But, they’re also much more complicated…
[break][break]
”It’s all kind of fun, if numbers and money is what you’re into.”
[break][break]
It’s what Mars is into. It could almost be said it’s what he’s best at.

[break][break]

[break]
rhaygXCM
[break][break]
395/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 1:10:53 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Investments and stocks? Summer hadn't considered that before. She tapped her chin, considering it for a moment before throwing an idea out at her companion.

"Would you perhaps be interested in helping me start something like that? I'm not sure I would know where to start with something like that."

But of course, money was something she desired. If Mars was able to help her in any way, well...

He may become one of her new best friends.

465 heat points left!

rlBZE|Bp
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 1:57:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Would he be interested in helping her?
[break][break]
Despite his perfectly crafted philanthropist image, Mars has never been much for helping most people, especially when there’s little to gain. He has never cared much for most strangers, and what is if not a stranger?
[break][break]
And yet, there’s something interesting about her, perhaps something that in some ways even reminds him of himself – despite her initial spoiled brat attitude and banshee-like wailing, that is.
[break][break]
”Hmm… Sure, it could be fun. I do a lot of work with that kind of stuff, and fresh eyes can be helpful.” With these words, he meets her gaze, and there’s a smirk. ”You better be able to keep up, though.”
[break][break]
It sounds like a joke and like he’s teasing, but the fact is that Mars isn’t here to have his precious time be wasted.
[break][break]
That aside, the idea does sound interesting.

[break][break]

[break]
JRJ58T5h
[break][break]
393/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 2:03:45 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
She was pleased to hear him agree to help her. Summer clasped her hands together, smiling at him. "That's wonderful to hear. Don't worry, I'm quite an excellent learner. I will stay up to par with your expectations."

She paused.

Despite their initial meeting, Mars had been nothing but enjoyable company. The least she could do is offer him something in return.

"Tell you what. I'll take you out for a meal as a way to pay you back for your time. I know time is money, after all," she said, raising her brows at him.

"Just tell me what kind of place you want to go to, and I'll make the arrangements."

432 heat points left!

jdDOAvXf

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2021 22:21:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Does he actually have any expectations?
[break][break]
He probably will when the time comes, but for now it all just seems like an interesting idea – one that could be amusing enough.
[break][break]
And speaking of interesting ideas…
[break][break]
’I'll take you out for a meal as a way to pay you back for your time.’
[break][break]
Should Summer really be suggesting they go out for a meal under these circumstances? It would be all too easy for him to get the wrong impression about her intentions, but thankfully for her (to save her the embarrassment), these days Mars has no reason to care for getting the wrong impression.
[break][break]
”A meal, huh? Sure. I have a few places I like to go to for my business meetings. I’ll have my assistant give you the address to one if you like.”
[break][break]
Summer’s right: time is money, so of course Mars doesn’t bother with doing things like those himself. After all, he has a personal assistant for a reason, no?

[break][break]

[break]
1cLWExp9
[break][break]
342/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 1:48:31 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Well, if he already had a place in mind, then that would save Summer time looking up a spot that he would like. She nodded, giving him a small smile.

"That sounds like a plan, then. I look forward to it."

It's not like a meal would mean anything to her. She did it so many times with her father's potential partners to get them ready to meet him, get them interested in the company.

Maybe she'd actually enjoy her time with Mars, though, since she wasn't trying as hard to sway him to join their company.

407 heat points left!

vVfV0Jm|
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 1:51:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars is no stranger to how boring dinner with potential business partners and clients can get, which is always a shame, because a dull conversation can so very easily ruin a good meal.
[break][break]
Summer seems entertaining enough to talk to, at least, so maybe this time it will be different.
[break][break]
”I will too.”
[break][break]
A smile, and then a deep breath; rolling his shoulders as he allows himself to enjoy the warmth of the sauna. Then, when leaning back against the wall and looking up, a different topic comes to mind:
[break][break]
”Are you going to the soirée at Mossdeep, by any chance? Everyone has been talking about it.”

[break][break]

[break]
S1OiPaYf
[break][break]
280/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 3:49:51 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
The soiree? Ah, her father told her about that. She was supposed to go to it for business purposes.

"I will be there. I am supposed to be there to represent my father. I'm afraid that it may not be the most exciting time for me," she said with a small sigh, shaking her head.

Maybe some higher force would answer her prayers and save her from a boring time.

Summer looked back at him. "I take it you're going as well?"

335 heat points left!

pepnefoJ

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 16:04:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Sounds dull. I hope you at least get to enjoy yourself, it would be a waste of a perfectly good gala otherwise.”
[break][break]
Mars himself is no stranger to having to do things like those, and the sympathy he shows her is honest in that regard – there’s little that’s worse than not being able to enjoy a perfectly good party because of the things family expects them to do.
[break][break]
At her question, he pauses, considering for a moment.
[break][break]
”Hmm… I think I might? I had planned on it, at least. It’s a good opportunity and the meteor shower sounds like something worth watching.”
[break][break]
Is it really worth it, though? If he has to go alone when he hadn’t planned on it, then probably not.
[break][break]
If only Mars knew of all the horrors the meteor shower would bring...

[break][break]

[break]
ZWG4yGJY
[break][break]
194/1000