part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 4:23:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Hmm… Let’s just say I appreciate consistency, and you’re consistently good at not dying.”
[break][break]
The chuckle is matched with one of his own, and he raises his glass towards Killian before taking a sip. Despite the joking tone, there is honesty to his words, because while their friendship may always be a transactional one that lacks in proper trust, that’s still better than what there is with most people, and that means it has value to Mars.
[break][break]
Although, apparently, Killian may trust him more than what Mars would have ever expected from him.
[break][break]
Is he just giving him this information because he has been drinking too much?
[break][break]
It’s easy to tell that it isn’t the sort of thing he would just go around revealing to anyone...
[break][break]
Alien pokémon, huh? Sounds powerful. Your search yield any results yet, then?”
[break][break]
Probably not, considering the way he speaks of it.
[break][break]
And the way Killian looks.
[break][break]
And the way he seems almost desperate…
[break][break]
Willing to pay any price for power.
[break][break]
Mars sighs at that, shaking his head before meeting the admin’s gaze one more time.
[break][break]
”What worth is there in power if you die obtaining it, though? I want power to achieve my goals, I won’t achieve them if I’m dead.”
[break][break]
Perhaps Mars has been drinking too much as well, because here’s a truth he wouldn’t often share: what he lacks, what he seeks, what he wishes to achieve. Even in a vague comment like that one, it’s all there…
[break][break]
He too needs power, but he knows there’s no worth to it if it means dying before he can achieve what he wishes to achieve.
[break][break]
There are things he needs to do. Things he needs that power for.
[break][break]
Maybe that's why he asks his next question...
[break][break]
"What if the price is everything you say you need that power for, Killian?"

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
mcwpTCaf
[break][break]
561/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 5:25:51 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"It has."

He holds his tongue back from saying anything more. Killian's already let more slip than he wanted to. Besides, the topic of death and the cost of power capture his attention more.

Killian sank until the water came up to his neck. Eyes closed tight; he took a second to consider his response. The answer came barreling like a freight train to the forefront of his mind.

"I don't plan on dying." No sense in arguing a view he shared. Power meant nothing if you died before you could use it. "I'm just saying that if I die in search of it. I've accepted that."

wouldn't share his view. She'd rather he stop, confident that all they needed was each other to handle the terrors before them.

"And what do you think I need that power for, Mars? I'm curious."

1BauBXXE

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 4:50:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’It has.’
[break][break]
Whatever Killian may have found about Deoxys won’t be shared, but that’s all the confirmation Mars needs for now. He clearly has said more than he intended to, and pushing him for those sorts of answers would only be detrimental in the long run.
[break][break][break]
Especially considering the turn their conversation takes.
[break][break]
What’s left of his gin is swirled in the glass, watching it while he nods at Killian’s reply. The question is considered, and silence lingers...
[break][break]
”Dunno. I could take a guess, but that’d be as good as any.”
[break][break]
He shrugs dismissively, but his words aren’t entirely true. He could actually take a pretty decent guess if he tried, couldn’t he?
[break][break]
Maybe that’s why he sighs, and why he downs whatever’s left in the glass before calmly setting it down and looking at Killian.
[break][break]
”In my experience, when people want power beyond what they can achieve through normal means, it’s for one of three reasons: there’s something they desperately want to protect, something they can’t wait to destroy, or it’s all just raw greed… which isn’t nearly as interesting, is it?”
[break][break]
There’s a smirk, but it’s from experience that he speaks, because there once was a time when he had something he needed to protect and he failed at it. Thanks to that, he craves a revenge he currently cannot achieve despite all his planning. And now, in Hoenn, doesn’t he have new things he may need to protect? New reasons to put an end to all the threats in his life?
[break][break]
Fight until there’s nothing left to fight.
[break][break]
The clock is ticking.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
2CZX|UCz
[break][break]
523/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 15:22:58 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Killian nodded.

"You're right on the money."

He broke the sad air around them with a smile. "I want it to protect Lex. She's been through a lot, and I want to ensure that any more pain has difficulty reaching her." he'd been upfront about so much already, no reason to lie about this.

"What about you, Mars? Why do you want power?"

La_hAOzK

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 4:31:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”A noble goal. I didn’t take you for the type, but I can understand it perfectly… She must mean a lot to you.”
[break][break]
No surprise there. She’s his fiancée, after all.
[break][break]
Still, in a world like theirs showing such care and fondness for a person can be a dangerous thing, as it can easily make them a target for anyone who were to become an enemy. It’s why he knows Killian isn’t this honest all that often; because he’s smart enough not to be. may just be his greatest weakness, but if Mars were to ever use this information against him, that’d be when he becomes the sort of person he has always dreaded and wished not to be…
[break][break]
The sort of person who had taken his own wife away from him.
[break][break]
”Why do I want power?”
[break][break]
For revenge. To make them pay for everything they had done. For killing his father when all the man ever tried to do was to make sure he lived a happy life. For the years of torture and suffering. For the things they made him do. For taking Cosima and their child from him when they were so close to starting their own family. For turning him into this.
[break][break]
A finger draws slow circles on the surface of the water, amber eyes watching them…
[break][break]
To be free... To be rid of all the people who try to control me and of all the things they do for the sake of it.”
[break][break]
To never again have anyone try to make him go against his own will.
[break][break]
It’s a dangerous thing to say to someone who knows much more about him than most people in Hoenn, and yet perhaps out of trust or perhaps out of simple drunkenness, it is said. Even if he knows Killian can probably guess who he means.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
cplS0IAp
[break][break]
423/1000

·
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 7:54:56 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
meant more than anyone would ever know. He'd do more than die for her. Killian would kill for her too. The world could burn if it meant keeping Lex safe.

"You'd be surprised what you don't know about me, Mars." the list was long, longer than it had any right to be. He kept it tight behind a bulwark of steel patrolled by guards. Like so much in Killian's life, it's a necessary defense.

"To be free.."

He's happy to have the conversation off of him and onto Mars. The questions were growing uncomfortable to answer. Killian hadn't expected something so truthful, however. It caught him off guard, but he hid the surprise behind a drink.

"Those that control you? I take it you mean your family."

Killian didn't know how an oppressive family felt. His mother was loving before the drugs claimed her mind. She'd cared for him as any mother should - more so, he'd argue - recalling her smile. When she finally died and left him on his own, Killian was alone. No one but himself to rely on until .

"Is there something going on I'm not aware of?"

6lbFUgtG

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 22:04:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Would he be surprised by the things he doesn’t know about Killian?
[break][break]
Probably not. Not unless it’s something truly shocking and unexpected, but having lived the life he has lived and having done the things he has done, there’s so very little that results shocking to Mars anymore.
[break][break]
If anything, he’d probably be more surprised to learn that Killian once lived a happy life and had a loving family, so maybe the Team Rocket admin is right after all…
[break][break]
Family.
[break][break]
The word has a bitter ring when said out loud. One that makes him tense up almost as if out of instinct alone.
[break][break]
A gaze of warm amber meets that of a blue as if that of clear skies, and in Mars’ expression there’s the slightest hint of something that could almost be called…sad?
[break][break]
Pained?
[break][break]
Remorseful?
[break][break]
Filled with a deep hatred and anger.
[break][break]
Things which, while there, are not meant for the man before him.
[break][break]
”Hmm… I guess you could say you’d be surprised by what you don’t know about me, Killian.”
[break][break]
And, it is then when he smirks, because while his words are thrown right back at Killian with terrible ease, they truly are applicable in this situation. Still, he has said too much, hasn’t he?
[break][break]
Suddenly, he feels exhausted, and he seeks an increase in the water’s temperature almost as if this will melt away all those terrible thoughts and feelings. If only for a second, he allows himself to lower his guard enough to close his eyes and take a deep breath, enjoying the warmth of the water. ”I hope you get what you’re looking for.”
[break][break]
That's all he says, and just like that, eyes open once more, because despite the way he may act, relaxing is something Mars all too rarely does.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
KnkWSoBD
[break][break]
396/1000

·
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 5:55:36 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Killian nodded, shoulders slumping as he sank further into the warm water. "Maybe I would." he replied and shut his eyes.

"I do too." Whispered underneath his breath, Killian added, "Because I need it." and he truly believed that.

"What are you doing after this?"

km0TQBzG

·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 6:20:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Because I need it.’
[break][break]
Mars can understand, even if he won’t say as much. Even if he won’t speak of how tired he is of the way things are; of how angry, of how full of hatred, of how fearful that they will once again take away the things that are beginning to matter to him so much.
[break][break]
Everything he has done since arriving in Hoenn has been for the sake of gathering power, for the sake of the day he will take his freedom back, but will it ever be enough?
[break][break]
Will he ever truly be free of what they have forced him to become?
[break][break]
”Not too sure… Maybe grab a bite? Why? Got any suggestions?”
[break][break]
The change of topic is a welcomed one.
[break][break]
At this point, probably one needed for both their sakes.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
5kIk4GnM
[break][break]
338/1000

·
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 12:14:45 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Not too sure?

Killian stirred, water streaming down his shoulders and torso as he lifted above the water. "I know a couple of spots." when Killian didn't feel like cooking, he and Lex usually ordered from one of the restaurants in town. Hoenn cuisine took some getting used to, but he'd carved out a favorite place or two.

"The Torkoal Pitt has good burgers."

I_nlH7O6

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 19:19:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”The Torkoal Pitt, huh?”
[break][break]
Does he feel like eating burgers?
[break][break]
Not particularly, Mars has always been one to prefer healthier meals most of the time, but it’s a good enough option, and thinking about food sure is much easier and less taxing than talking about aspirations, power, and death.
[break][break]
It’s almost funny how quickly conversation subjects can change, even if this time it's definitely appreciated.
[break][break]
”Sounds pretty good, wanna come with?”
[break][break]
Why not? Surely they can find something more mellow and meaningless to talk about while at a burger place, right?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
TdvPjkBt
[break][break]
332/1000

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 19:31:48 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Did he want to go? It wasn't like he had much else to do today. Lex would be busy for a while too.

"Sure, why not? I could eat."

Recalling the bottle of whiskey, Killian glanced over to it on the stone. The bronze liquid hovered around the halfway mark of the bottle. "We can leave after I finish a few more drinks." he's already pouring himself another glass and lifting it to his lips.

"That fine?"

cVhnVx|9

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 20:11:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s only with Killian’s words that his gaze wanders to the bottle of whiskey, having forgotten all about its presence until now. Is it fine for him to have a few more drinks? Maybe, maybe not. It probably isn’t the greatest of ideas when paired with the heat of the hot spring, but it really isn’t Mars’ problem if Killian ends up drunk, is it? He’s a grownass man, he can drink if he wants.
[break][break]
Yes, Mars is such a caring and loving friend, I know.
[break][break]
”Sure, take your time.”
[break][break]
Mars himself, though? He’d rather not risk spilling any more of his secrets because of a few more drops of alcohol, thank you.
[break][break]
”Apparently here they recommend drinking sake when at the hot springs. Never been much of a fan, though.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
q7_ElXMx
[break][break]
293/1000

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 20:29:30 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Call me bias but the only sake I like is Johto brewed and botteled."

Kanto came a close second, but Killian preferred whiskey over anything. When he started drinking, that wasn't the case, and he'd down anything no problem. That changed at some point. When that happened, Killian's not sure, but he knows it did.

His drink goes down quickly, but the glass doesn't remain empty for long.

"What's your poison?"

aJLX8XGK

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 22:11:08 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

For someone who’s so picky about his own drinks of choice, all sake tastes the same to Mars. He may have been born and raised in Sinnoh, but the fact that his family’s roots are not in said region may just show itself in the weirdest of ways at times…
[break][break]
”A man from Johto with a bias for the region’s products? Who would have ever thought.” He smirks, obviously just teasing. Isn’t it normal for people to be biased towards their region?
[break][break]
Canalave aside, Mars will always prefer Sinnoh over Hoenn.
[break][break]
Or, at least he does for now…
[break][break]
”I’m partial to good gin and I like my wines. Whiskey’s alright too, but I prefer some Crown Tundra scotch.” With this, he winks, because that’s technically just the same thing.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
z27034CW
[break][break]
273/1000