3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 21:08:10 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
mars has him right where he wants him, and like a fool, cian falls for it.

"you bitch."

he rolls his eyes, pouts, and puts on the whole damn act as he turns away, huffing as he fully intends on just letting mars set up camp himself. but he's soon pulled back around, though he won't be as easy to win over.

"yeah, you can set it up all by yourself. here."

the backpack full of equipment he had been carrying around is shrugged off his shoulders, handed over to mars.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 4:34:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He’s pouting, and there may not be anything cuter than that in the whole damn world.
[break][break]
Not to Mars, at least, even if thinking as much is maybe a little bit cruel of him.
[break][break]
”Cian.”
[break][break]
It’s in a gentle and sweet way that he calls his name, the smile remaining as he takes the backpack only to carefully set it down on the ground. The words mean little, and he pays them no mind, his full attention remaining on Cian.
[break][break]
Despite what he himself said, Mars quickly forgets about the tent.
[break][break]
He reaches for Cian’s hand, squeezing so very gently.
[break][break]
”Look at me?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4EAB94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4EAB94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4EAB94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#4EAB94; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 9:27:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
cian.

normally, this would've been more than enough to get him to turn around, but this time, if only for the sake of keeping up his act, he decides it's not good enough. so he doesn't turn; his gaze still elsewhere.

but it's when mars reaches for his hand, squeezing very gently, that he decides to turn.

"yeah?"

still, there's a pout.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 10:06:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Cian turns, but he’s still pouting, and as much as Mars wants to comment on how adorable it is, he refrains from it.
[break][break]
Honey-coloured eyes remain set on him, gaze never leaving his.
[break][break]
There’s so much he could say, so many things he wants to say, but in the end, perhaps what’s simpler is better. Small truths; things that may seem obvious but that are still important to say.
[break][break]
”I’m glad we’re here.”
[break][break]
He is, because as silly as a camping trip may seem, it means a lot that Cian would want to do this sort of thing with him. It means a lot that he would want him to have this sort of experience after finding out that he had never gone camping before. And, it even means a lot that he’s looking at him like this – it’s not how Cian would act with just anyone, and the implications are clear.
[break][break]
Mars takes none of these things for granted, and he never will.
[break][break]
He takes a step closer, and he smiles at him.
[break][break]
”You’re really important to me.”
[break][break]
This too he has said before, and he’ll gladly say it again and again.
[break][break]
”And, sure, I can set things up, but don’t blame me when the tent ends up falling on us later.”
[break][break]
A smirk.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#4EAB94; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 10:40:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
you're really important to me.

cian could keep acting but what's the point? they both know it's all an act, and so after these words, the pout fades instantly, turning into a smirk instead.

"oh i know."

and after a wink, he leans in for a kiss.

"i'll teach you."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 10:55:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It doesn’t matter that it’s all an act.
[break][break]
It’s good that it is, yes, but that doesn’t change how true Mars’ words are. He would have said them regardless, and he’ll probably also say them sometime later.
[break][break]
Still, as much as he likes seeing Cian pouting, he’s glad to see this replaced by one of those familiar smirks. He chuckles, and this is soon interrupted by a kiss that he returns with ease.
[break][break]
My hero.
[break][break]
He too smirks, his attention remaining fixed on Cian despite knowing that they really should set the tent up.
[break][break]
”Go ahead, then.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 11:47:19 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
cian is no hero — neither of them are — but at least they're good to each other, and that's enough.

as distracted as he is, he knows what they're about to do would be much better off in the comfort of a tent, and so he turns, stepping away to pick up the backpack from earlier.

"alright. first thing we'll need to do is lay a tarp down. here."

he pulls out a roll of tarp and extends it over to mars.

"it's to make sure our tent doesn't get wet or dirty from the ground."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 12:38:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

There’s always this strange, unwelcome feeling when Cian pulls away from him, and yet as fun as it would be to keep kissing instead of doing anything else, Mars knows that they really should set up the tent.
[break][break]
He had been the one who said it before, but he’s thankful that Cian takes the first step – watching him while paying close attention to the instructions given.
[break][break]
’It's to make sure our tent doesn't get wet or dirty from the ground.’
[break][break]
”Huh...I’m starting to understand why glamping is a thing. Are you sure you wouldn't rather we stay at a nice hotel in Fortree?”
[break][break]
With a smirk, he takes the tarp, beginning to calmly unroll it despite his words making it seem as if he’d have an issue with that. Sure, comforts are nice; it would be great to sleep on a bed, have electricity, and not to have to worry about dirt or things getting wet, but there’s also something exciting and relaxing about all this.
[break][break]
He may easily regret thinking this in the morning, especially considering how it’s already hard for him to sleep comfortably on a bed (now even more than ever, thanks to his stupid injured rib), yet for now, Mars is content with things.
[break][break]
He lays down the tarp without a complaint.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 13:31:03 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"yes. glamping is for losers."

cian wonders briefly if mars has ever gone glamping. it definitely sounds like a rich person thing to do, so maybe.

for now, he focuses on pulling the tent out and laying it flat across the tarp, spreading it to make it easier for them to connect the tent poles.

he hands one over to mars.

"these are tent poles. we have to connect them, then insert it into the tent."

grabbing one of his own, he starts connecting them, watching as the red sticks extend out to the side before carefully sliding the tip of it into the tent.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 14:03:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Judging the spoiled one percent? I think I could cry.”
[break][break]
There’s a grin, because while Mars has definitely never gone glamping, he’s well aware of exactly what his social standing is. It’s not like he never had the opportunity, it's just that when other people talked about it it never sounded fun or exciting. Why choose to be out in the wilderness when he could be sipping daiquiris at a resort or going on a yacht trip? Glamping sounded like a waste of his time, if anything?
[break][break]
Camping alone with Cian, though?
[break][break]
That has a much better ring to it. Although, this could easily have something to do with the fact that when having Cian by his side, most things would sound appealing and exciting to Mars.
[break][break]
”You’re pretty good at giving instructions, it’s really cute.”
[break][break]
Looking at Cian, he smirks, only to then turn his attention to the tent and do exactly as was asked of him. His words are honest, because between watching Cian’s actions and listening to the careful explanation, it’s easy to help with setting up the tent.
[break][break]
”I would have been annoyed if I had to do all this as a kid, though. Not sure how you managed.”
[break][break]
There were a lot of things that annoyed Mars as a kid, this he can admit.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 15:01:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"yeah? hmm, you might have to call me gym leader cian someday."

though it's said as a joke, the thought of running his own gym does interest him if only because of . even now, he thinks fondly of his time as his gym trainer.

maybe someday.

"it was mostly bo. i just held the sticks."

with one final pull, the tent springs up and is all ready to be used.

"one of us became a ranger and the other a criminal. no surprise there."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 15:26:40 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Gym leader Cian.
[break][break]
Actually, it has a nice ring to it, and it’s something even Mars has considered: Cian would make a good gym leader.
[break][break]
It’s not something he has told him before, though. Not until now.
[break][break]
Gym leader Cian, huh? I like the sound of that, it’d suit you.” A smile, his words leaving no teasing to be found.
[break][break]
Speaking of gyms, Mars himself should probably care more about those sorts of challenges. But, for now, the topic is set aside in his mind in favour of hearing Cian talk about his brother...
[break][break]
’One of us became a ranger and the other a criminal. No surprise there.’
[break][break]
There’s a proper conversation that should be had about this, yet do they really want to talk about family when they’re supposed to be having a nice camping trip?
[break][break]
It’s Mars’ own fault for bringing it up, he knows this.
[break][break]
”A cute, handsome, charming, smart, and extremely competent criminal. Although I may have a bit of a bias.” A wink and he steps closer, giving him a quick kiss. ”So… is the tent ready now?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 16:11:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
would it really suit him?

he'd have a gym that revolves around the weather, no doubt, and it'd likely revolve around the same themes had. maybe he'll have to give it some more thought.

for now, his attention returns to the moment, to mars, and to the tent that is in fact ready.

"only a bit?"

there's no pout this time as he returns the kiss.

"it is. want a tour?"

and with that, he pulls open the flap, revealing the inside of the tent. so luxurious; just as nice as a hotel room.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 16:42:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It would suit him, even though Mars knows better than most people how complicated Cian’s relationship with both battling and training can be at times – especially after the tournament. It’s why he doesn’t insist on the matter, even if he thinks it would be nice to see Cian doing something he likes and battling in a way he enjoys...
[break][break][break]
Those things can be left to be said some other time.
[break][break]
For now, his attention is also on the moment, and on Cian and nothing else.
[break][break]
A huge bias, but it doesn’t make my words any less true.”
[break][break]
It doesn’t, and Mars will always gladly remind him of that.
[break][break]
With Cian’s words, his attention turns to the tent, honey-coloured gaze wandering over the interior of it. There’s not a lot of wandering needed to be done, honestly.
[break][break]
”Oh, cozy. I like how it looks like you can’t even stand up straight inside it – major selling point.”
[break][break]
There’s a smirk, even though he’s well aware that that’s probably going to be uncomfortable as hell later, especially thanks to the fact that he’s still recovering.
[break][break]
He turns to look at Cian.
[break][break]
”Will you give me the private tour now?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
s'mores [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 17:14:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"mars. we won't be doing much standing in there."

speaking of — he smirks in return, turning to look at mars before taking his hand. without saying anything else, he leads them into the tent, zipping it up behind him.

mars is right: they can't even stand up straight inside it, but he doesn't mind. he gently pushes mars onto his back, mounting him to meet his lips. his hands stray low, tugging at mars' pants.

and so they start their private tour. a tour of their privates, even.