pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 5:27:13 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
It had been exactly ten minutes into the three hour sting that Temp and were assigned.

There was a guy who was trying to double cross Rocket with some bad deals on stolen cargo, so they were here just to gather information. See how the guy was doing it while also seeing who the other people were buying what was supposed to be theirs. Typical gang shit.

Temp usually didn't go on assignments. Whoever assigned him this one had made a mistake.

"I'm bored." Morose, as him and the new Beast were cramped into one of the shipping crates.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 0:10:29 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Sorry, I didn’t bring any games.” Rowan continued to adjust the surveillance device, hoping there was something wrong with the machine instead of them being locked in here for no reason. There must have been some divine punishment afoot for him to be stuck with of all people, the newest plaything for his brother, .

“Machine is working fine.” He sighed, setting the headphones down onto the floor of the container. “You can leave if you want, I can handle this by myself.” Rowan didn’t like Temp, though that wasn’t necessarily their fault.

After Gavin’s last relationship with the less-than-trustworthy , he didn’t necessarily believe in his brother’s ability to select a proper suitor. Norman ‘Temp’ Rarie wasn’t malicious, but he certainly wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, a rebound if he’d ever seen one.
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 4:31:03 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
At the suggestion from to leave, Temp looked shocked and appalled.

"Whuh? No! I can't leave you alone, bro!" Temp thumped his own chest with his fist. This was a matter of pride! And of being nice!

"Like, if I do, then you'll be all lonely and bored, and, like, that's not cool at all. Bros gotta stick together." Because him and Rowan were totally bros now. Especially since Rowan had taken his Gym Challenge! Like, they were basically best friends at this point. Basically.

"i'm sure we can, like, find some way to entertain ourselves in here, dude." Cheery as ever. If Temp wasn't now dating, it probably would have sounded more suggestive, but he wasn't about to cheat on his new boyfriend. Like, that was some asshole type stuff.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 14:12:43 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Right…” Rowan was slightly confused as to where this feeling of brotherhood came from, especially considering this man was actively sticking it to his brother, or possibly the other way around. Temp didn’t seem like a bottom, he was far too much of a bro-dude for that sort of thing. Why was he thinking about this? Eugh. “...we stick together, then.”

suggested that there were some activities to be found between the two of them, and Rowan didn’t even bother considering the obvious implications. No one would be crazy enough to suggest such a thing while dating one of the underbosses. “What has Gavin told you about me?”
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 5:45:09 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
How did one explain the deep bond of Bros? You didn't have to know someone to be their bro. You just had to accept the bro-ism deep inside of yourself and offer it unto others. It was a way of life. One that would need to understand before he could ever grasp the complex mind of Temp Rararie.

"Gavvie?" What had told him about Rowan....

"Nothing?" Was that the right answer? Temp couldn't recall any deep and reality-altering conversations about the new Beast. All he really knew was that he was a Beast plus whatever he had learned while at his gym challenge. Temp wasn't too much of a gossip and didn't think to press Gavin, or anyone else for that matter, about others.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 6:26:22 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Gavvie?” Arceus, this might have been a mistake after all. “Nothing then? I see.” Gavin warned him about divulging the details of their relationship, but that didn’t stop his brother from telling Theo. Bitter was an understatement of how he’d felt about that exchange, he didn’t trust the admin as far as he could throw them. “I suppose I’ll be the first one to tell you then, Norman.”

Rowan scooted forward on the milk crate he’d been sitting on, looking the other man directly in the eyes. “Gavin Merlino is my brother, and I'm not talking about ‘bros’. We share the same father.” Perhaps that might give some insight of his scepticism, giving Temp some context.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 7:06:54 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Jokes on , Temp had been calling him 'Gavvie' since they met. Way before any dicks were sucked in training rooms.

It was also a double joke that Rowan thought Temp had picked up on any of his scepticism at all. While typically pretty good at reading how people were feeling, he tended to be oblivious when it came to how they felt about him.

"Bro, really?" Temp just seemed excited more than anything. Since Rowan was in so close anyway, it was the perfect time to strike-!

Which is what Temp did, trying to lean forward from his own perch and crush Rowan in a hug.

"That's so cool, dude! I didn't know Gavvie had, like, a real 'bro'!" It would need to be something that Temp asked about later, that was for sure.

"Bro, like, you don't gotta' call me 'Norman', tho, man. Just 'Temp' is, like, what I like!"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 7:20:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan didn’t often regret his actions, but there was an immediate sense of remorse when Temp closed in for an embrace, squeezing him tight. “...Yeah.” He offered the other man a few unenthusiastic pats on the back, before attempting to free himself from the awkward situation. “Not many people know about that, though. Don’t say anything, alright?”

He seemed deadly serious, his eyes intent on sending the message that this wasn’t a secret that should have been divulged. “Temp...right.” A ridiculous nickname, especially since he’d become a mainstay in the organization. Though knowing the relationships that had been keeping, maybe Temp was accurate after all. “Since he’s my brother, I am suspicious of people that date him, you know?”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 9:21:38 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp held on for exactly one second too long, so it could pass over even further into 'awkward' territory, before he finally let go and pulled back.

"Dude, I can keep it all kinds of hush-hush!" Temp does the motion to 'zip his lips', complete with 'throwing away the key'.

Temp does tilt his head at the suspicious part, tries to roll it around in his head...

"Uh, well, I guess... I think if anyone had ever dated my lil' sis, I would have beat their head in if they fucked with her."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 1:02:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’m glad you understand.” Rowan suddenly found himself curious as to whether had a similar reaction when she found out he’d been dating her brother. “Gavin also doesn’t have the most illustrious track record when it comes to picking his partners.” Emma and Theo had both broken Gavin’s heart in different ways, he didn’t know if the Underboss could handle a third time.

“I don’t want you to be another stain on his soul, Temp.” Amber eyes locked onto their own, wanting to convey exactly how serious he was. Gavin was a grown man and could handle himself, but that wouldn’t stop him from being concerned.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 10:15:52 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
It was only now that it was sinking in what was saying. This wasn't a casual conversation. This was a shovel talk.

Temp, for his part, look scandalized, and maybe a little hurt, at even the barest idea that he would ever intentionally hurt .

"Bro, never!" Defensive at first, a pout, before he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, glancing away from Rowan as his cheeks turned a soft pink. Was it time to get sappy? It was time to get sappy.

"I love Gavvie, ya know?" No shame in that part, just what comes next. "I know I ain't... the smartest guy around. Lots of people till now only wanted me cause I was pretty to look at. I'm real lucky that Gavin wants to be my friend. That he would, like, wanna date me? Still fuckin' blows my mind."

He still couldn't quite look at Rowan, bashful.

"I've been a sucker for him since I met the guy, was just too fuckin' stupid to realize it. I ain't good at much, but if he asked me for the stars, I'd tear 'em all down so he can have 'em."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 15:55:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Love? Arceus, they’d only been dating for a few weeks. “I see.” The relationship seemed rushed, though some might have said the same thing about his relationship with . Rowan couldn’t help but awkwardly glance about the shipping container when Temp spilled their guts about their feelings for , conflicted between hearing sickeningly sweet things about his brother and the romantic inside of him that fell head over heels for his own soulmate within a short few months. “Alright, alright. I get the idea.”

A hand reached up to tuck some hair behind his ear, letting out a soft sigh of resignation. “No one who could go on like that with a stranger has cruel intentions, I trust you.”  seemed utterly enamored and for the most part harmless, there didn’t seem to be any chance of them being the one committing the heartbreak should their union part. “I felt the same way about Adrian when I met him, so I get it.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 19:55:56 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Joke on , Temp had had feelings for for over two years now at this point. The whole relationship developing from 'friends who beat the shit out of each other' to 'boyfriends' had just been a sudden. Really, it to Temp, it felt more like he was a fish finally allowed water. Turns out when you're in denial even to yourself it still causes an ache of pain even if you don't recognize what it is.

"Adrian?" Temo's glad to have Rowan's approval, even if he didn't really need it, and now it's time to press him. It's not born out of malicious intent or even some jab to get back at the other for his own candy coated word vomit; Temp is, at heart, a romantic, and he loves the idea of love so much it makes him happy to hear about other people's.

"Is that your boyfriend? How'd you meet?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 1:05:43 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Yeah, Adrian is my boyfriend.” Seemed like an understatement considering how strongly he felt about the other man, so mundane and unremarkable despite the butterflies he felt whenever they were near. “We met in Slateport, a few months after I came to Hoenn.” More details would make him seem like a hypocrite, but he wasn’t about to omit details about his own personal love story to save face.

“I wasn’t allowed to drink when I lived in Galar, so one of the first things I did was go to a pub there in the city.” A hand reached up to slip some hair behind his ear. “I didn’t know what to order and was stumbling over my words. Adrian butted in and ordered for me, we got to talking and…” Rowan trailed off, assuming that Temp could draw the lines himself from there. They weren’t a stranger to one-night stands, he was sure.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crane game
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 12:57:50 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp listened intently, at some point resting his elbows on his knees then his chin in his hand. The silly grin on his faced widened at the story, as simple as it might have been.

"Yeah? Must have ordered you a hell of a drink." A laugh, good natured, before he sighed almost dreamy. "Hell of some luck to actually meet someone, especially at your first bar. Most people won't even call stay till the morning, let alone want to see you again."

And where with some people there might have been bitterness as they said that, there wasn't with Temp. To him, that's just how it was, and he was happier for than he was envious. Besides, he'd never been looking for anything more when he had been going to those bars, anyway.