Martín del Mar
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 4:32:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Nightmare.
[break][break]
Out of all words, this is the one that had been added to the Unown Report when his own Unown N had been scanned. A word that he perhaps should have expected, but one that he’s too familiar with to be comfortable with the sight. One that was probably a coincidence, and yet still one that makes alarms ring loudly within his mind.
[break][break]
What is this device? What is this report? What is the goal?
[break][break]
These are questions Mars can’t answer alone.
[break][break]
And, since they’re not, these are also questions for which he’s willing to shove his damn pride aside and walk down the dark and cramped halls of the submarine, making his way through the north wing as he heads directly for the laboratories.
[break][break]
Following close behind him is the pokémon that has in part caused Mars’ presence here, its distinctive zigzag shape looking more like a “Z” than an “N” every time it flips around in the air. For the most part, it seems calm and disinterested... until it's demeanor suddenly shifts when taking the final turn towards their destination – rushing forward into the laboratory, as if searching for something.
[break][break]
With a slight frown, Mars follows, unaware that what has caused the change in the Unown’s behaviour is the presence of another.
[break][break]
To him, it doesn’t matter much, since within this place is also the person he has come all this way to find...
[break][break]
Somehow who is much more familiar with nightmares than what he will ever be, but that’s not the point of all this, is it?
[break][break]
“Flint?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #76A9AD;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #76A9AD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #76A9AD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#76A9AD; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 6:04:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Since had shown her the device he’d come across, Lulu had spent a fair amount of time researching Unown online, trying to make sense of it. She’d also been wondering who might’ve been on the other side of the project.

Why these words in particular? What was the motive behind all of this? Were they malicious? Were they human?

Wanting to do a bit of her own research up close, Lulu had acquired an Unown. It was an ‘L’—total coincidence.

‘L’ levitated in the air in front of her, eyeing curiously before its attention turned elsewhere. It floated over her head and down a hall. Her heels quickly clicked after it.

As she rounded a corner, she was reaching for a pokeball to return it, but she stopped short. Another one. Was that a ‘Z’ or an ‘N’?

The man it seemed to be with was unfamiliar, but he was definitely of interest now. Did he also have the report, maybe? She hadn’t seen many Unown around before...

Her eyes hung on him a moment, before their gaze shifted back to the ancient letters.

“Uh... yeah. Why?”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 4:29:50 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

L is for Lulu Flint, apparently.
[break][break]
Or, at least it is at that very moment, because it’s the first thing that crosses Mars’ mind when seeing the Unown that comes to meet his own, and the woman that closely follows. Is the choice of letter a coincidence or one done on purpose? She doesn’t seem like the sort of person who would care for things like those, but then again, first impressions can often be wrong.
[break][break]
”Martín del Mar.” He starts with an introduction, because people like him will always want others to know who he is, even if in this case it’s a carefully crafted identity just like is the case for many of Team Rocket’s members. Then again, it’s probably also closer to who he really is.
[break][break]
”I was coming here to talk to you. About that, actually.”
[break][break]
With these words, he subtly nods towards the pair of Unown that stare at each other with what seems close to curiosity. Mars can’t really tell, and he doesn’t really care for it; being more preoccupied with reaching into his pocket to retrieve the mysterious device containing the equally mysterious “Unown Report”. What really matters here. Nothing more.
[break][break]
”And this.”
[break][break]
At this point, he would have elaborated more, given one of his usual charming and confident smiles, and maybe even added some witty words, but the flow of the conversation is interrupted as the device makes a sound – beeping a few times while the screen signals the registration of the ‘L’ Unown.
[break][break]
Curious.
[break][break]
Lulu Flint doesn’t have a device of her own, then?
[break][break]
She does have an Unown though, and she may have her theories about what’s going on. Despite this new discovery, she still seems like the sort of person who could be extremely helpful when attempting to figure out the truth.
[break][break]
And they better figure it out soon, because mysteries are among the things that annoy Mars the most.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#76A9AD; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 20:11:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She blinked at his full name. That wasn’t what she’d asked.

His gesture towards the two Unown led her gaze. ‘L’ seemed almost familiar with ‘N’, levitating closely and eyeballing it. A voice almost eerily the pitch of a child whispered a syllable from nowhere. Lulu’s nose wrinkled. The sound did not agree with her.

At Mars’ explanation, her chin inclined. “Oh?”

The device he produced confirmed exactly what this was about.

For some reason, she hadn’t been expecting him to use it. This was why she hadn’t told Theo about the ‘L’ yet. Lulu didn’t trust this shit—not one bit. Surprise, surprise.

“Ah, wait! Don’t—”

But the beeping concluded in such a way that the entry was clearly complete. Lulu bit the inside of her lip irritably and crossed her arms, glaring a little.

“The Unown Report, right?”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 2:35:58 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

In Mars’ defense, it’s not like he actually intended to use the device. The damn thing hadn’t come with an instruction manual, and it apparently reacted really weirdly when Unown were nearby.
[break][break]
Then again, does Mars feel any sort of guilt or remorse over the fact that the device registered the Unown L without the woman’s consent to do so? No. It honestly wouldn’t have even crossed his mind if she hadn’t exclaimed to stop it. Still, he offers an apology, one that doesn’t sound too apologetic and more like a mere courtesy:
[break][break]
”Sorry about that, it starts on its own and there’s not much way to stop it.”
[break][break]
Unless the device were to be destroyed in the middle of a scan, perhaps, but of course Mars wouldn’t do that.
[break][break]
”You’re familiar with the report, then?”
[break][break]
Even if she has no device of her own, this comes as no surprise. The Unown Report may not be Team Rocket’s doing, but many of them had received the device, so perhaps he wasn’t the first one who thought of reaching out to and asking for her input on such things. She could also have other reasons for knowing, of course, so as per usual, Mars remains cautious.
[break][break]
”I actually wanted to ask for your opinion on it.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 1:25:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What was all this nonsense? She’d been forced to divert her attention from her projects at this point. A hurdle in the path of her progress, is what it looked like to her—even with all of its relevance.

She had to take the blinders off, still.

“My opinion?

Her hip shifted, arms crossing.

“My opinion is that we shouldn’t trust those things enough to just be carrying them around.” A short sigh. “The words, though. I think it might have something to do with whatever happened in Sootopolis, if I’m honest.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 1:39:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”That’s fair enough, for all we know they could be tracking anyone who has one and listening in on every conversation.”
[break][break]
His words come casually and in the company of a slight shrug, but it does make Mars wonder if anyone has actually tried to disassemble the device to find out more about it. It might be something to look into if meeting someone skilled enough at that sort of thing, but then again, what if the device stops working because of it?
[break][break]
It would be a gamble.
[break][break]
A risk.
[break][break]
It’s the mention of Sootopolis that distracts him from these thoughts, and his gaze meets that of the Head Scientist. ”Sootopolis?” What could Sootopolis have to do with all of this? For a moment, he finds himself thinking back to reports on it, and to what had told him about the way space itself was being warped by an unknown force when Team Rocket had taken the city.
[break][break]
Turning his attention to his Rotom phone, Mars clicks the strange logo of Unown Report's app, looking at those words he has read so many times as of late and frowning just so slightly when doing as much. Some of them are much more familiar to him than others. Some of them he has become all too familiar with as of late...
[break][break]
”Yeah, it could be. Anything specific making you say that, though? The timing does seem too coincidental… Limitation, by the way.” With these last words, he nods towards the Unown L floating near them.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 17:56:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
exactly,” she stressed. “i mean, we should be safe on the sub from that kind of attack, but with everything going on lately, i just don’t know what the fuck’s possible anymore.”

it had been a bit since lulu had seen the report, and surely more words had been added. she remembered all of the ones she had seen already, having thought about them much as of late.

she was silent for a moment, considering the new word.

“they have a common sort of theme. a few are terms we use in physical theory; describing the universe and space, time; words like ‘dimension’ and ‘branes’—and then there are words describing levels of consciousness. but all the things meet, to me at least, in a theme of parallels, opposites… things that describe our reality, and maybe alternate realities as well. it’s even in the logo. the same shapes, shifting over one another.”

“and what that has to do with sootopolis is… the ground shifted, and the world turned upside down. something literally tore through and manipulated the very fabric of our reality; defied the physics of this world.”

she pointed at his device.

“all that? it’s relevant. and i think that makes this potentially very dangerous. what happens after it’s complete?”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2021 14:08:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Everything going on lately.’
[break][break]
At first, Mars hadn’t considered that there might be a connection between the Unown Report and everything that had happened at both Sootopolis and Mt. Chimney, but now that seems like an obvious fact. What else is there, then? What other pieces are they missing? Could it be, perhaps, that his own encounter with that mysterious pokémon has something to do with all of this?
[break][break]
As speaks, the words mentioned by her are read on the screen. She talks of the universe, of reality, of different dimensions, and of consciousness, and while it’s a lot to wrap his head around, there’s two words that jump out at him even if she doesn’t speak of them.
[break][break]
Dialga and Palkia.
[break][break]
Time and space.
[break][break]
Once, long ago, back at his family’s villa in Canalave City, he had read about the ancient legends of such pokémon and the Sinnoh region itself, and even though those memories are as vague as his current knowledge on the subject, it’s not difficult to see the connection between these pokémon and most of the report.
[break][break]
It’s at this thought that Mars sighs, putting his phone back in his pocket before his gaze once again falls on the head scientist. ”I have my suspicions, but if the report being completed is what they need in order to do whatever it is that they want to do, then they’re just using everyone who got the device, and there’s a lot of us.” He crosses his arms, considering. ”If they didn’t reveal their identities, then they obviously have nefarious purposes.”
[break][break]
The Unown N spins, circling around its fellow Symbol Pokémon while always keeping its singular eye on it.
[break][break]
Symbols.
[break][break]
Words.
[break][break]
What could they possibly get out of a few words? Unlocking something, maybe?
[break][break]
”Keeping an eye on it could be worth it when it comes to preparing for whatever may be coming.” For there’s really no stopping this now. And, even if there was, is it really something he'd want to try to stop? There really is too much that is unknown.
[break][break]
Once more, he sighs. ”Thank you for your input, it was helpful.”
[break][break]
Despite it all, it really was.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 18:19:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu listened, nodding in intervals. he matched her own suspicions, now. good. at least, even if she couldn’t get these devices off the streets of hoenn (and out of their headquarters), she could instill a healthy amount of distrust in them.

”if they didn’t reveal their identities, then they obviously have nefarious purposes.”

“there would seem to be reason for that, yeah.” her lips pressed in a flat look.

she theorized that the words were already decided, and didn’t have so much to do with the unown themselves. they weren’t solving a puzzle with these people, but rather, claiming incremental rewards for providing their data. just as had predicted, lulu also believed that they were sending a message. but there were two sides to it. she believed they—whoever it was on the other side of this—were, most purposefully of all, collecting a census on hoenn’s unown. for what, though?

either way, it seemed that the more reports were turned over to the whole, the further they would get to the exposure of the mystery. lulu was forced to sit back and watch from a distance mostly, picking at the scraps she was thrown and hoping she could do something with them before it was too late, whatever that might entail. it was very nerve-wracking.

when he thanked her, she sighed and gave a single nod.

“sure.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 20:13:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The answer should have been obvious from the start.
[break][break]
It would have made sense to be as cautious as Lulu is about all this; to be wary, and to want nothing to do with it.
[break][break]
As cautious of a man as Mars usually is about most things, he does have his concerns and there’s plenty of them – otherwise he would have never come to her for her opinion in the first place. Concerns like who might be behind all this. Concerns like what the report is really about. But, be it because of all his goals and plans, or be it thanks to those words that won’t leave his mind ever since that cute but fucking creepy little pokémon spoke them in his mind, those concerns don’t outweigh the opportunities he sees in all of it.
[break][break]
It’s more than just about how much he hates mysteries.
[break][break]
With the way things are, with how many people received the device, there’s really no stopping whatever will happen from happening, but even if Mars could stop it, he’s not sure if he’d want to do it...
[break][break]
Is it his own ambition compelling him to want to see this through to the end? Greed? Desperation, maybe? It’s unclear, but those are questions he won’t waste time with trying to answer – not today, at least.
[break][break]
Nor will he waste anymore of Lulu’s time, since what more is there to gain out of this conversation right now?
[break][break]
He already got what he came all this way to find.
[break][break]
”Well... I’ll let you know if I find out anything else.” A faint smile, because that much he obviously should do – especially considering how many people in Team Rocket are involved in all of this. ”Again, thank you for your time.”
[break][break]
The Unown N is called back to its pokéball, leaving L floating all by itself as Mars steps away.
[break][break]
Just like that, this impromptu meeting of their ends.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
N is for... [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 8:22:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: