Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Whether to Weather the Weather [M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 18:36:30 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Thanks, I’ll make sure to get these on their way.” Rowan stepped out of the Weather Institute with the case of Castform Pokéballs, curious to see if his companion had arrived. It’d been hard to explain his income as of late when he didn’t have an actual job, and seeing as Oscar hadn’t had a chance to set up his fake employment there was a need to make himself seem legitimate.

Plus, he’d been looking for some balance in his life recently, needing to separate the two sides of himself so that he didn’t lose either one entirely. Seeing as Rocket activity had increased in the region, the Weather Institute called upon another person for the safe transfer of the supplies, though he didn’t know who was supposed to be coming. “Guess I’ll find out.”
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 4:50:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
entei was unusually fussy about kyle when they neared the weather station. appearing out of nowhere, the legendary walked up to kyle and starts to fidget its large paws before him. unable to convey his message since they don't share a language, they come to a stand still.

getting delayed on meeting up with the person he's supposed to be with, kyle can do nothing but scratch the back of his head. when rowan gets out of the building, entei quickly breaks the monotony by booking it out at blinding speeds.

sighing at entei's behavior, he turns around and ignoring the interlude entirely.

"oh, hey," he calls out. noticing the case from the institute, it was easy to decipher that both of them are in for the same thing. "you here for the delivery too?"

getting himself involved in the region whenever there was a lull in his responsibilities was part of the job description. he doesn't particularly like it, but he doesn't hate it either.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 21:54:46 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Amber eyes widened with slight surprise as Kyle Lopez and his Entei suddenly appeared. “Oh, hey. What’s up?” Was that too casual? He didn’t really know how to act when it came to being face-to-face with the Champion of Hoenn, especially since he’d been present at both the excursion to the Seafloor Cavern and the raid on Sootopolis. “I’m Rowan, Rowan Wrynn.” A free hand was offered towards the man, making sure to keep his demeanor steady. Any nervousness could be written off as being in the presence of a celebrity, hopefully.

“Nice to meet you.” Rowan offered a friendly smile towards Kyle and Entei. “Yeah, we’ll be working together. Our destination isn’t exactly close, you have a Pokémon to ride on?” They were contracted to bring the Castform to Lilycove City, which was doable on foot, but they’d arrive before nightfall on mounts.

Rowan did a quick inventory of his Pokéballs before selecting his own steed, literally. Spectrier appeared in the normal flash of light, clopping his way towards Rowan before offering a solitary nod of the head. “Let me know whenever you’re good to head out, yeah?”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 17:28:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the name rings a bell. 's oversharing about her personal life gets rowan a raise of a brow when he introduces himself. he takes his hand for a shake as he introduces himself. "nice to meet you. you can call me kyle."

prompted with a mount, he brings out his arcanine. "ah, don't worry. i do." it pales in fanciness compared to the spectrier, but after his experience with it, he'd prefer the overwhelming speed of the fire-type over the risk of his ghost leaving his body.

he settles on top of the arcanine while he watches rowan get on top of his own pokemon. he gets unsettled when he remembers his experience with it. eventually, he opens his mouth.

"i'm ready, but, uh," his gaze goes to the ghost horse. "you, uh, don't get the astral projection thing when you ride it?"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 21:06:53 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I did the first time, haven’t gotten that since.” Rowan smiled and offered Spectrier’s phantasmal mane a small stroke before settling in on the back of the Pokémon. “He’s really the only land-based riding Pokémon I own, funny enough. I specialize in water-types, mostly.” Ice-types had become somewhat of a new interest, but wasn’t fleshed out enough to call the interest anything more than just that.

“I’ll take the lead, never know what dastardly forces might be lurking in the woods looking to ambush the League Champion, after all.” He chuckled and pressed his knees into the sides of Spectrier, prompting them to begin moving down the path. “So, Kyle. You know Noah Faber, right?” Probing disguised as idle-chatter seemed innocuous enough, or so he thought.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 18:52:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles and gestures with his hand for rowan to take the lead. it's a fairly simple mission anyways so he doesn't take any extra precaution. it's better for someone else to do so while they continue their conversation.

"y-yeah." kyle tries to be polite.

that's just common sense at this point, even if he doesn't date him. then again, perception of common hoenn folk of reality is poor enough that he won't be surprised if people living in a city don't even know their gym leader.

"and?"

he blanks on figuring out why he's being asked about. noah wasn't particularly the type to take the limelight. he's popular among a certain niche of trainers, he supposed, to warrant a targeted inquiry about.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 3:46:26 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Just wondering how he’s doing. I heard about what happened in Sootopolis City.” There wasn’t much that needed to be elaborated, Kyle would know exactly what he was talking about, considering the two were acquainted. “I thought about visiting him, since Noah is friends with my boyfriend. Wasn’t sure if I should give him space, y’know?” Seemed reasonable enough, or so he thought. Rowan would have to be careful when pushing for information, he didn’t want to accidentally reveal anything that would make Kyle suspicious of his intentions.

“Anyways, what brings the Champion of the League out here on a simple errand like this?” A genuine question, he always figured someone as important as Kyle would constantly be busy with official business and autograph sessions or something. “Not that i’m complaining, I was actually hoping to battle you during the Star Tournament, but never got the chance.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 17:54:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle holds his opinions to himself when he hears the question. he tilts his head as he carefully tries to formulate a sentence to be as courteous as possible to err on the safe side.

"good call on asking. you should probably do the 'give him space' one," kyle tells him. "it's gonna be pretty weird to be comforted if he's just a friend of a friend for you, right?"

both noah and him were different sides of the spectrum when it comes to social behavior however, so it might not be the best advice to give the extrovert the introvert treatment. there were times when he questions that maybe it's just him that finds that weird, and this was one of them.

the benefit of the doubt pushes any sort of suspicions to the back in favor of being cordial, however.

"if i'm out here doing simple things, then i'm not out there doing complicated stuff, you get me?" he answers rowan. "they get the publicity of a champion helping the public, and i don't get to help with office work. sounds like a win-win, yeah?"

it wasn't like his persona's a secret to hide his intentions from the public anyways.

"speaking of paper work, you can always visit the weird building by mauville's outskirts if you have time. i just help finish setting up a battle facility in there, and you can find me there if you want a quick match."

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 23:48:23 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among

the stars

Let me see

what spring is like

on Jupiter and Mars

"I know what you mean." Rowan commiserated, an amused smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "I'd much rather be doing these 'good faith' missions than be sitting at the GMH offices." In reality he'd been talking about Team Rocket, but his employment under Oscar Clayton was an established cover that he intended on using to explain his disproportionate influx of money from the criminal organization. 

"I'll have to come by soon and take you up on that." Though there was one aspect of this situation that had him curious. "You ever get tired of people wanting to battle you because you are champion, though? Can't be fun to field every single person who wants to measure their dick against you." Not that he expected a candid answer considering that Kyle Lopez was supposed to be the spokesperson of the League.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 17:57:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he flushes red for a moment from the comment, flinching for a moment, and then composes himself before giving an answer.

"well, the battle part, yeah. it gets boring and repetitive for me so you can say i'm not really the right person for the job."

people have told him that he's the best fit and such, but he knows there's probably just a too short of a list for replacements. besides, it pays well, has good benefits, and much less work than regular nine to five jobs.

he sighs afterwards before turning back to rowan.

"that's why the elite four's nice. gives me another reason not to take challenges. pretty nice, right?"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 17:44:02 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among

the stars

Let me see

what spring is like

on Jupiter and Mars

Spectrier whinnied slightly, the echoing groan of an ethereal Pokémon that was finding this whole courier experience tedious. "We're almost there, relax." Rowan assured the equine, before turning back to Kyle. "So the Elite Four are kind of gatekeepers then? Need to get past them before someone can officially challenge you, right?" Being rather new to the circuit, Rowan wasn't aware of the intricacies that came with the hierarchy, despite having a few badges underneath his belt. Rocket had taken priority over his own desires as of late, after all.

"Sounds like a nice buffer, if anything." A hand reached into his belongings to show off the small collection of badges he'd come into since arriving in Hoenn. Rhythm Badge, Knockout Badge, and Precision Badge. "I'm on my way though, so better watch out." A teasing wink was offered in his direction before stowing the badges away.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤BINGO PROMPT: HORSE RIDING
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 20:01:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the elite four were a rather new addition to hoenn so he wasn't surprised that it wasn't common knowledge. then again, not everyone was heavily into the competitive scene to follow regulations set by the league for these kinds of things.

"basically, yeah. can be challenged on any order, so take your pick on who to get to first."

the badges did prove that he was moving to that direction.

"to be honest, you'd probably have more difficulty with the elite four than me. their pokemon are..." he snaps his fingers in the air consecutively before stopping with a particularly decisive snap. "trained better for battles."

seniority holds more weight than efficiency in official matches when dahlia chose him for the position, or so he believes. besides, it's a fact that favorites don't always win matches.

it doesn't stop him with trying though.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 2:32:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’ve seen your battles before, I think you’re underselling yourself, Kyle.” They were the champion of the League for a reason, even if their self-esteem seemed to believe otherwise. “Either way, I’m not ready to challenge any of the Elite Four just yet. I barely beat when I challenged her a couple months ago.” Of course, he was stronger now but there was seldom a chance to measure his skill lately.

“Oh hey, we’re here.” Between the conversation and their continued pace, the two of them soon arrived at their destination, trodding into the town where the Castform were to be delivered. “Thanks for the traveling company, I can hand off the package if you have somewhere to be. I don’t wanna hold you up.” A nod of parting was given, alongside a small wave before he began to trot away on Spectrier.

“Take care of yourself, maybe we’ll have that battle someday!”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,028 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 5:21:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: