2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 23:42:59 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e did not fear God or the mysterious chemicals in the lab. So, he barged in. Setting done.

"Dr. Pryde!" Was greeted, amicably, since Chu-e didn't know had mugged his kid. Chu-e at least tried to look a bit professional, for the moment. It was instantly ruined when he made to perch himself on a desk instead of a chair.

"It's nice to finally meet you." He thinks back to the HST. "Well, where I know who you are, anyway."
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 1:25:30 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

When Chu-e comes in Pryde is washing his hands. His gloves were covered in blood as he was washing them off. In the move with a window was one of his Lucarios as the man had just finished an operation. An eye sat in the glass beside him as he heard his name being called by a familiar voice. [break][break]

"Good to officaly meet you as well," he greets but he doesn't offer a shake of hands for obvious reasons. But he does remove the gloves. "To what do I owe the pleasure of one of the Underbosses coming in?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 1:57:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e peers over the gore curiously. He was vaguely interested in whatever was happening but decided to ignore it for now. Later, later. He was here for a reason.

"I want to recruit you for MAGMA." As one of the head Scientists, deserved to know about the project. And Chu-e was very interested in having him take part. "How much do you know about it?" Had anyone told Pryde anything yet?
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 2:54:15 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Assuming by it's name I take it's something to spite the League's AQUA Initiative, or counter it?" he replies not having heard of it. Though he can't help but feel he's heard the name gossiped about once or twice. Nothing definitive though. [break][break]

For now he removed his current coat to dispose of and be cleaned for later. "I need to put this in my office for now so if you wish to keep this project more hush hush and away from gossipers," he looks to some of their workers in the lab, "Feel free to inform me there, if not tell me on the way," with that he does move toward his officers for some privacy.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 16:05:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I think the naming was just a coincidence. I didn't even know what AQUA was when I proposed it." But was a fun coincidence. Hopping from his perch, Chu-e stretched before following to his office. May as well keep it hush-hush, even though he was sure rumors were starting to spread.

Only when they were more alone did he talk about it again.

"MAGMA stands for 'Modification and Adjustment of Genetics to Magnify Avatars'. You've a smart guy and can probably figure out what it means. Just in case? We use the Avatars we have or ones we get out hands on to make Artificial Avatars for Rocket. And I want you in on the project."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 19:52:51 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Its a satisfying feeling when things work out in such a way," he comments as they enter his office. The older man moving to put the eye in a glass door refrigerator he keeps for occasions such as these. The Head Scientist taking a seat and offers one of the chairs to the Underboss to have this be a tad more proper. [break][break]

He gives a hum of thought as Chu-e gives a simple explanation of the project, "Interesting, seems I've started my own project just in time for this then," he muses as he gives some pause for thought, "Do you really believe that these 'Avatar' Powers can be so simply transferred?" seems good to him to ask questions before he would go for such a project.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 1:03:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh right, you weren't here for the party on the beach." Which was the Transfer of Power part two thread, Chu-e is just silly and dumb. Speaking of that, he flopped down on the seat, crossing his ankles and leaning back like he owned the place despite it not being his office.

"Walsh used this weird little machine to blast Lugia full of energy juice and that made her actually Avatar Gavin. If the energy we're after can do that, why the fuck not give people little boosts of power? Seems reasonable to me." But, Chu-e wasn't a scientist, he was just an idea guy.

"Even if it doesn't work out, we should still get lots of data to combat Avatars when we have to go against them. Seems like a win-win to me, even if it it tanks."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 7:24:42 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Beach party?" Pryde simply questions, not familiar with the others who choose to be less the professional about their reports. Though as he mentions about the beam that made Gavin into the avatar he was today he was quick to pick up what they meant with a simple "ah," choosing not to interfere much further.[break][break]

"It makes sense to me, so its a matter of study to see if this machine could even work on the average human when there is no Legend to suck the energy from is that it?" he questions curious to see just how far the underboss wanted to take this. "Admittedly I feel I should warn you that human experimentation is not something I normally dabble in," its pokemon he saw more as tools than people.[break][break]

"I suppose you're fine with it then?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 7:30:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"It would be cool to do that, but I really think if we like, catalyst with an ass flake from Darkrai, we could have a Mini Lulu without Darkrai attached. That make sense?"

At the human experimentation question, Chu-e just shrugged.

"I fucking hate it, but the people who are involved volunteered and know what they're signing up for. Can't lead a horse without breaking a few eggs or however that goes." He waved his hand a bit, even if most of what was said was nonsense at the end.

"Plus, you're a smart guy, I'm sure you can figure something out with enough time."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 14:05:47 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Ah I see," he nods in understanding, though that still had the same problem. Still requiring the legendary to suckle that power from to inport it into a vessel. Pryde strokes his chin in some thought as he takes a few notes while the Underboss speaks. "Do you know off the top of your head if the incident was recorded?" he questions as he looks toward a laptop given to him from those who had it before him. See if he couldn't find any files himself. [break][break]

Raphael only pausing as the other's terrible phrasing, but he was able to still fit two and two together from the contexts. "Cracking a few indeed," as if they were anything like some of his earlier pokemon experiments some might not even live through it, but if Rocket wanted it, then he would provide. [break][break]

"Guess its' good my own project might help with yours then"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 17:17:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At that question, Chu-e did have to pause and really think it over.

"... Not sure. I don't think so." Which was a shame. In retrospect, it would have been good to have on record at the very least. Oh well, he'd know for next time.

"But I might be able to do you one better. Boss gave me rights to the machine and pokemon that did it. At some point we can grab them. I also got some samples from a few of our Avatars, plus the one we captured." Poor .

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 12:07:46 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"I will be sure to look into the files for it, and if its not there I'll start to make it a mandatory for the future to have them recorded for personal archives," because why let such a marvel of science go uncharted? Especially if something were to go wrong. [break][break]

"Sounds like you've planned far ahead already, hopefully the samples will be enough to actually make use of something. As it is currently I can't say where it is the energy would come from, such as if it can be siphon from mere blood, would we need what we're copying there?" its only the tip of the iceburg of questions he had, though hopefully if they were lucky they could get answers to all of them. Especially if they had the resources to use the machines again. [break][break]

"Do you have a sample and test subject ready? Or would you rather see if we can't test this out on something or someone less important?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 15:47:36 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e listened intently, nodding along, before he just gave a small shrug.

"I'm just going off my best guesses, man." Sitting up, Chu-e reached into his pocket and passed a memory stick. It was pink with flower prints. "I was a test subject for something similar once. Some of the data is corrupted and they never succeeded, but here's what we got on it. They were injecting me with... something. I've been building all my assumptions off of that. In the end, I'm just a dumb-ass more suited for cooking than lab work."

"We have a few people who have volunteered, so we can always grab one of them. I'd rather do this on willing subjects. If we succeed, it'd not be a good look for someone who hates us or wants to escape to suddenly get God-like powers."
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 9:53:23 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Leave it to the higher ups to just think of ideas and then just expect the scientist to make it happen. Not that he minded it too much, Pryde enjoyed exploring unknown aspects of things to try and make them work. He takes the offered Flash Drive and already plugs it in to his computer to create a copy of the files to read over when the underboss was gone. [break][break]

It comes to no surprise to him that the underboss was used as an experiment for Rocket once upon a time. Back in the good ol' days their methods were cruel and heartless. Though he can't help but be curious of why still be with them if it were the case. "I'll make sure to read it thoroughly and see if we can't figure out what that 'something' was," he'll try to assure for now as he grabs his tablet. [break][break]

"And who are the volunteers? While I don't care on who signs up might be best to look into their medical records, see if their body is even strong enough for such an experiment"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
chop shop chalk
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 4:49:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: