655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 4:53:48 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
Is this really the sort of mission they should assign to a trainee?

Night falls upon Route 120, the unsettling silence of the forest being only interrupted by the occasional rustling of leaves and crunching of twigs. In there, night-dwelling pokémon waken from their daylight slumber; some harmless, some not, some which they’re supposed to be here to protect, and some which will probably miss out on a nice meal because of them. That’s just the way it goes.

At the very edge of the forest, near the entrance to Fortree, the young woman stands leaning against a tall evergreen tree. She looks down at her Rotom phone while waiting for her mission partner to arrive, her Decidueye keeping a close eye on their surroundings from a branch up above.

They haven’t really been waiting long at all, but looking at her phone is perhaps a good distraction from how strangely nervous she feels about all this. Newbie jitters, maybe?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 12:35:15 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

By his count Razz was very late. Something he rarely ever did, though while 5 minutes wasn’t much, it might as well have been an hour for him. But having done this job before he knew what to expect. Riding up atop of his Metagross, the newbie ranger would hear his Meowstic making little engine noises with his tongue as it pretended to be the driver of a car. [break][break]

As the got close the younger ranger hopped off the large psychic pokemon with a bag in hand, “Sorry about that,” he is quick to apologize, “Being late is not my thing,” he admits as he rubs the back of his neck.[break][break]

“Amelia Stone, correct?” he questions to make sure, as Razz himself shows off his Ranger Badge to assure the other that he should be there.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission: Sparkling Spawning

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 0:39:40 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
”Ledian sleeps wrapped in leaves or grass in temperate and tropical forests during the day. At night, it flutters around scattering a glowing powder that is thought to bring good luck.”

Despite having become a ranger, Lia has never been one to have an encyclopedic knowledge of most pokémon and their behaviour. Years upon years have been spent among tomes and scrolls, but it is only rarely that any of them talk of any zoology at all. So, in truth, the information that comes with a quick search on her phone about Ledyba and Ledian is new and unexpected, and she finds herself so entranced in her reading that she almost misses the strange sounds that come from above...

Thankfully, her Decidueye doesn’t, and it’s this pokémon’s hooting that lead her to put her phone away and look up.

It’s then when she sees some guy on a Metagross with his cute Meowstic, and it sure makes for quite a sight.

Guy who, apparently, happens to be the fellow ranger she’s been waiting for for the past… What, five minutes? Ten? It’s been so little time that she hasn’t even been keeping count, so why is he apologizing to her?

”I just got here too, don’t worry about it.” Her smile is soft and kind, and when he shows her his badge, gold-coloured eyes set on it for a second or two before returning her attention to him.

”Then you must be Razz Kingsman, right? You can just call me Amelia or Lia, most people go with the latter.” She shrugs, chuckling lightly.

”Should we head in?”

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 11:39:46 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“Still sorry, but I’ve done things like this before so I tried to get sandwiches beforehand for us and some extra pokemon food for your partners if you’d like,” he lifted the bag he had. Salem makes a meow and grabby hands for the bag, “No you can wait,” he knows the brat is just looking for extra. [break][break]

“Stone is fine seeing as we are on a mission, feel free to address me as Kingsman,” he offers like it's all a natural way of operating. The younger man preferring a more formal way of talking. [break][break]

He simply nods about moving in as he goes along the path, Salem and Cobalt going ahead of them for now. “Have you done this before?”

[break][break]

+ [break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 3:03:00 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
Formal.

Too formal, perhaps.

Especially for someone who looks as young as he does.

But, really, who is she to judge? He looks and sounds much more experienced at all of this than her, and as far as Lia’s aware, maybe most rangers like addressing each other by their last name. Although, she sure hopes not, because the last thing she needs is people going around asking her about her family.

”Oh! Sandwiches are a great idea, I should have thought of that. All I brought is some cereal bars and a thermos full of coffee.” Once more, she chuckles, a soft smile tugging at her lips as she walks by his side along the path. In Lia’s defense, both these things are her usual supplies when pulling all-nighters, so she knows she’ll be fine, but the all-nighters she's used to aren’t usually at a forest, are they?

”Keeping an eye on wild pokémon all night? Not really, no. I’m kind of new to begin a ranger, honestly.”

She hasn’t even gone camping for a long time, but of course, she has enough sense to omit mentioning that part.

Overhead, her Decidueye flies, keeping an eye on things from up above.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 11:19:57 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Not sure about the coffee, but if it helps you that's good," it wasn't that he had anything against coffee, but he has known people to get gitters from it rather than it helping them actually focus. Though if she feels like it'll work then all power to her. [break][break]

"Thankfully it's not that hard, its more a matter of keeping trainers from interrupting them as more often than not they would try to capture them while they're at their most vulnerable," he explains as simply as he can from what the handbook had. Long along learning that most don't memorize the book like he does. Though he does tilt his head at her when he mentions not being with them for long. "Oh? How long have you been then?" [break][break]

it doesn't take them long to reach the area as the sight was a pretty one. With the Lidian dancing with one another. Kricketune seeming to even been hired via berries to help set the mood for them, while Volbeat were offering their lights. It was all quite the show if he was being honest.

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 7:36:10 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
”Are you sure? It’s pumpkin spice.”

Confirming stereotypes much?

Not like Lia has ever cared much for those. In her eyes, whoever decided to put pumpkin spice in lattes is a genius, and there’s nothing quite like a warm cup on an Autumn night like this one.

As they walk through the forest, it’s with interest that she listens to his explanation, paying close attention up until the inevitable moment he asks her about her own time as a ranger. Inevitable because she brought it upon herself, really.

”A few weeks? Hmm… Let’s see… I’d say it’s been a little over a month now?”

Time flies, but while she should be shocked at her own words, Lia finds herself to be too distracted by the sight before her eyes. The dancing Ledyba and Ledian, unmistakable melodic cries of Kricketune, the sparkling dust shimmering in the air under Volbeat’s light. It really is a wonderful sight, and for a moment, it’s awe that overtakes her expression.

”Wow, I’ve never seen anything like this.”

If anything, it makes her feel glad to have become a ranger, because it’s not like she would have ever bothered to come into the forest in the middle of the night otherwise. She would have never seen this with her own eyes.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 23:21:19 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The younger ranger gives a thoughtful hum, tempted to decline again before Salem speaks up making him look over. The cat basically saying he needs to say ‘yes’ more often. He groans slightly before nodding, ”Sure… why not I’ll give it a shot,” he finally gives in as they arrive. For now enjoying the view as Salem drops from his spot on the metagross and jumps toward his trainer seeming to jump up and down in excitement as Razz removes the sandwiches before giving Salem the bag to which he snatches and jumps onto Metagross, crying out something long the lines of ‘ride like the wind’ in cat meows before the two of them take off. [break][break]

”Brats,” is all he comments before he looks back to his partner for the night with a light smile. [break][break]

”Well I hope you enjoy it, I know with the rangers I got to see things that pokemon only seem to do in nature, admittedly sometimes for the worst,” he think of the war and the ultra beast there, But then he looks around to the sparkles and the way they dance around with no worry. Whether its because they know they’re here to make sure no one else will interfere, or just them kind enough to let them in on the show, “Or the better”

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 16:18:53 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
A delighted smile illuminates her expression when Razz agrees to give the coffee a try, and so, when they arrive at their destination, she pours him a cup from the thermos – not without also chuckling at the antics of his energetic Meowstic.

”He’s really cute, though. It looks like you two are really good friends.”

Does she even have a relationship like that with any of her pokémon? Otto and Juniper, perhaps, but both the Pidgeot and the Decidueye are too solemn to play games like that. Out of her pokémon, her Comfey is probably the most playful of the bunch.

”It sounds like you must have a lot of interesting stories.” Passing Razz the cup, she looks at him for a moment before returning her attention to the Ledyba and Ledian.

Razz is probably right and as a ranger there will be a lot of experiences that won’t be all that nice, some that might even be painful or even disastrous to her, but this right here, this particular night of watching bugs dance in the sky, is pretty damn great by Lia’s standards.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 3:50:19 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz looks to the drink and swirls it in the offered cup, a bit unsure of it as it was clear trying new things wasn’t something the younger ranger was used to. Thankfully the way she speaks up about Salem delays him as he looks over toward the cat sharing goodies from the bag with his Metagross. ”Its all an act don’t let him fool you,” he attempts to joke, though his voice might sound a bit more monotone than he intended. Though he makes sure to keep on a small smile to try and show his attempt at humor. He’s learning. [break][break]

He shrugs about the stories though, ”Just a few, but I’m sure as you adventure here in Hoenn you’ll have plenty of your own as this regions seems to be full of crazies, just a matter of how to keep safe,” he tries to give some advice as he looks toward the coffee again before he finally forces himself to take a drink. [break][break]

And surprisingly for him, it was good.

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
jitterbug [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 4:18:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER REWARDS)