Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 7:07:07 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

A deep breath fills her lungs with hot steam. Surprisingly, it’s immediately relaxing. The tension curled in her shoulders dissipates as the warmth surrounds her, inside and out. The pools were relaxing, but this steam room takes it to a whole new level.

The thick, white wisps of vapor obscure her vision in the small room. She thinks she’s alone, maybe she is. There’s a faint glow of the fiery rocks that draws her to it like a moth to a flame. Beside the stones is a vat of water with a large ladle. She reaches out to touch it, expecting the metal to sear her skin. It’s warm, but not unbearable. One hand grips the towel around her, the other gentle lifts the ladle to inspect it. Anyone with half a brain could figure it out. Still, it’s her first time experiencing a true steam room, “Hm, interesting,” she mumbles mostly to herself.

plrleHjX
1000-41= 959
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 8:39:27 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Up until recently, Mars was also new to the wonder (or not really a wonder, depending on one’s mood and who it’s all being shared with) of Hoennian saunas. He had been to a sauna before moving to the region, of course, but his experiences with them involved just pressing a few buttons to turn the heat up, which was convenient but not nearly as nice.
[break][break]
Thankfully, one had been eager to show him the Hoennian sauna ways, and so when he steps into the small wood-covered room and sees the woman inspecting the ladle and mumbling to herself, he easily offers her a smile:
[break][break]
”A bit weird, huh? I’ve heard it’s the traditional way, but I’m still not used to it.”
[break][break]
For a second, he considers explaining that pouring water onto the burning stones would make steam rise up and increase the heat, but that’s something simple that anyone could figure out, and he’s not about to mansplain saunas, alright?
[break][break]
All he does instead is step farther in, taking a seat at the more distant benches.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[break]
kYBKLl_X
[break]
918/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #43A78C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #43A78C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #43A78C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 23:56:32 GMT

The sudden voice startles her out of her thoughts. The ladle falls form her hand, splashing in the warm water and clanking against the side of the large cylinder. Her gaze turns towards the stranger with a curious look, “Hm, yes, It’s strange,” she agrees, reaching for the ladle again. She pours a small amount of water over the stones. It hisses violently, cracking against the surface and letting a plume of steam fill the room. Lex smiles, it is quite fun though.

Lex takes a step back, settling into a bench near Mars but not uncomfortably close, “I take it you don’t come to these often then?” based on his comment, she deduced as much.

OC3|D|lg
959-93= 866

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 4:58:19 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The hissing sound of the stones is sudden, but not one he minds, steam decreasing visibility in the small sauna room. It’s warmer, but this too does not bother Mars, since warmth is exactly what he had come here for. Or heat. Or steam. Whichever it is.
[break][break]
It’s distracting, all-consuming, it’s embrace being welcome as he takes a deep breath in an attempt to rid himself of all the thoughts that have been bothering him as of late..
[break][break]
’I take it you don’t come to these often, then?’
[break][break]
Like a charm, the words draw him to look at her, honey-coloured gaze meeting hers.
[break][break]
Well… Not all of the words but one in particular, one that remains ringing in his mind even a few seconds after it's pronounced.
[break][break]
You.
[break][break]
It makes him smile.
[break][break]
Smile in that radiant way that’s so typical of Mars.
[break][break]
”I’ve gone to hot springs before, but I guess the saunas in Hoenn are a bit different from what we had back where I’m from.” The explanation comes easily, although he’s sure some places in Sinnoh must have traditional sauna rooms too. A hand is offered to her then, the smile remaining. “Martín del Mar, by the way, but you can call me Mars.”
[break][break]
You.
[break][break]
It’s not as nice when he’s saying it to someone else.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[break]
X1xLL6mo
[break]
886/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 15:52:36 GMT

Even through the steam, Mar’s brilliant smile cuts through it. It takes Lex back a bit. She didn’t expect such a cheerful meeting in a steamy sauna. She may even look a little surprised. Did she say something?

“It’s nice to meet you Mars, I’m Lex,” she doesn’t offer her full name for several reasons, one being that she just met the man. Trust is built not just given away. A previous statement triggers another question, “What makes Hoenn saunas different?” Honestly, Lex didn’t even think that saunas would be different in different regions. She had never visited one in Johto and she’s not the most cultured woman so Hoenn is all she knows when it comes to self-pampering.

qfryJKFR
866-30= 836

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 2:21:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’It’s nice to meet you, Mars.’
[break][break]
For a couple of seconds, he can do no more than look at her, for the word rings like a bell in his mind. It echoes. Once… twice… three times. And, as it does, the smile remains, for there’s something about it that makes him feel warm inside.
[break][break]
What had she said her name was?
[break][break]
’Lex.’
[break][break]
"It's nice to meet you too, Lex."
[break][break]
Passingly, it reminds him of his recent conversations with right here at Lavaridge, but why would Mars ever assume this is herself and not some other woman who goes by ‘Lex’. The thought is there, but it falls to the back of his mind, the question distracting him from it – even if not nearly as much as the word had.
[break][break]
”I guess you could say it’s the convenience of it all? A lot of modern saunas run with electricity, so you just hit a few buttons and the heat goes up. This is more traditional, but that doesn’t make it bad. I’d say it’s more fun, in a way.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[break]
igULwkQx
[break]
817/1000

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 19:14:51 GMT

Convenience. Sometimes, you couldn’t beat that, especially with a busy schedule. There was something nice about this though, “It is kinda fun to watch the water hiss,” she admits with a coy smile, letting her gaze drift back over to the water basin and the simple satisfaction she got from pouring it over the coals.

She settles back onto the warm wood, sinking into a more relaxed state. Small talk really isn’t her strong suit, so she break into it with another boring, common question, “What is it that you do, Mars?” after a moment she adds, “For work,” if that wasn’t clear.

CczzGf5B
836-22= 814

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
vapor [sauna]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 23:05:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! That’s true.”
[break][break]
Watching the water hiss. A simple joy, and yet, Mars really has no reason to disagree with her, because he has always been fond of noticing things like those. “Enjoy the little things” and all of that. Some people really should do that more.
[break][break]
If anything, maybe it marks Lex as someone who is observant...
[break][break]
He thinks of that passingly, but the ring of the word distracts him.
[break][break]
You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You.
[break][break]
What had she said again?
[break][break]
Watching the water, it’s with a sigh that he pulls away from the stupor. It may have lasted only a few short seconds, but to Mars it feels like it was a small eternity, and he has to put effort into thinking back to Lex’s words.
[break][break]
”Oh… Sorry, I’m a bit distracted today... I’m in charge of a bank, actually. You may have seen our ads.”
[break][break]
He smirks just so slightly, because it wouldn’t really be all that surprising. POG Bank’s ads are everywhere these days, and some of the cuter ones with their Meowth have gone somewhat viral. Hell, for all he knows she may even have an account with them.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[break]
XmgwnKsD
[break]
749/1000

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights