1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 13:14:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac and Kaz spent a hectic afternoon revamping the collapsed secret base.

Rock and rubble were hurriedly cleared away, posters of Pokkenger were stuck back on the walls, and Kev the Steelix dragged in a mattress, ready for their new guest: the Megalopolan.

"Damn sight comfier than shackles and fists," Zac said, surveying their less than stellar handiwork. "You should be safe here. I'll bring ya food as soon as possible. For now all I've got is soda and sandwiches," he said, handing the Spoink-and-cheese sandwiches and the can of Charja-Cola to the Megalopolan.

He sensed Kaz over his shoulder, and reached into his bag for a can of Zapsi to balance the offering. "In case you're still thirsty."

A flash of understanding crossed Zac's face, followed by shame. "Ah crap, sorry buddy! I never introduced myself! Name's Zac Ramsay. Call me Zac! What's your name?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 23:27:33 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
it felt good to be back home again. the nostalgia of tunneling around in these caves wafted over kazimir as he help set up the finishing touches to the repairs done in his old pokkenger base to act as a new home for their otherworldly friend who they managed to save. he was still quite surprised that he and zac had managed to pull it off, but it seems like not even a cave in could kill the bond between two best fuggers.

"y'know i think a better question would be is, why were you chained up under those ruins? you said something like some of your guy's people weren't too big on invading us. chaining you up and nearly beating you to death seems like a hell of an overreaction to thinking like that don't you think?"

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 6:35:59 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG" style="width:99.6%"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]XANTHO'S FAVOR

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

SET AFTER DANGEROUS DISCOVERIES

[break]

THE MEGALOPOLAN IS A GUEST TO THIS WORLD AND FUGGER HOME BASE. his dainty frame finds shelter on the sidelines, planted on a sizable stone like the numerous posters of pokkenger from before his rise to fame. his presence shrinks, unimposing, as the men till the groundworks of their collapsed hideaway.

[break][break]

he passes the time by tracing an outline of zac’s steelix in his withered notebook. dried out, yellow pages whisper their age every time he drags his black chalk across its surface. the way he holds his utensil show the details of his bony fingers, holding the stick by his finger tips, deliberate in the way he commits to each line.

[break][break]

t-thank you,” he stutters, setting aside his journal to accept zac’s hospitality.

[break][break]

he looks over the sandwich curiously, picking away at the first layer of bread, and pulling apart each ingredient with curiosity. the can of charja-cola and zapsi are ignored in the moment, seemingly uninteresting due to their simple and the one dimensional appearance of their containers.

[break][break]

my name is xantho,” he introduces while picking out a slice of cheese from the sandwich. he sniffs it several times before setting it down on his knee.

[break][break]

i followed the war front to escape from our world. the soldiers you found were looking for a way back home. when they couldn’t find one they became desperate. i suppose i was just their relief.

[break][break]

a piece of spoink hangs over the bottom slice of bread. its pink meat hangs limp between his fingers, splotches of white mayo smeared in between his fingers. he presents it to zac.

[break][break]

what kind of food is this? the pink and the white?

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 13:02:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Glad we saved you, Xantho!" Zac said, and he went to shake the man's hand before realizing it was covered in mayonnaise from the deconstructed sandwich. Zac handed him a wad of napkins and watched as the alien investigated lunch.

"It's Spoink meat. A Pokemon. Do they eat Pokemon where you're from, or just other people?" The question wasn't harsh in nature, more curious. As far as Zac was aware the only thing these people ate was flesh.

Xantho hadn't eaten any of the sandwich yet.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 11:52:49 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

zac's reply sends shivers down kazimir's spine as he thinks back to his trip into ultra space where the imagine of one of the other people he went with and their pokemon were taken from them to be a three course meal for a group of cannibalistic aliens. it was not a sight one could just really forget that easily. still he tried to push it back down as he set down a few extra blankets and pillows for the megalo-for xanatho to find some extra warmth and comfort. meteor falls was a pretty damp place and one could catch their death of cold if they weren't careful.

"its not that they don't eat pokemon...they will. its just that i don't think they have spoinks where they come from." kazimir interjected as he finished making the mattress look presentable as possible and turned to the duo, his face neutral as he took out two pokeballs and his pokedex, two of them were very obvious not regular pokeballs that opened up to reveal his naganandel and buzzwole who nearly squished the blond trainer inbetween their bodies.

"instead they have these ultra beasts running around with them. sort of. i've kind of only seen them with poipoles hanging around them mostly." he pointed to the naganadel who let out a screech as it floated up to the megalopolan and took a sniff of the frail man before gently nudging him with its nose and returning to kazimir's side.

"oh and as for what your eating the white stuff is mayonnaise. a kind of sauce that we put on foods to give it some flavor. as for the pink meat its...this right here. spoink." he held out his pokedex with an image of the small grey little bouncing pig pokemon for the megalopolan to see and read the small bits of information about it that was on screen. "we sort of raise some pokemon here to eat ourselves. one of my favorites is appltun pie, real sweet dessert that'll make your sweet tooth sing. i'll bring ya some later on if you really wanna try some."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 0:34:09 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

[break]

ZAC’S REVELATION STARTLES HIM. his hand immediately reclines, fumbling the piece of meat carelessly into the air. his lips curl back, a grimace peeking out from his mask like an ill kept secret. they part, slightly, flashing a quick peek at toothless gums.

[break][break]

a-ah!

[break][break]

abhorrent disgusts weighs down on bread and meat alike as it lands on the dirt floor. the audible plop of wet against dry cuts the moment midspeech. his shoulders slouch in great shame, realizing the extent of his reaction like a childhood regret.

[break][break]

a-apologies. u-uh, i didn’t expect you to, um, like, eat pokemon as well.

[break][break]

his head leans back as the ultra beast nears. hesitance creates a buffer zone that shows his discomfort, visibly distressed as his legs refuse to move.

[break][break]

um, that’s very interesting,” his voice trails off.

[break][break]

his eyes focus on kazimir’s pokedex, washing away his forlorn expression with small tidbits of the pokemon’s species.

[break][break]

do you, perhaps, uh, have food that does not consist of pokemon?

[break][break]

like a second conscience, his stomach growls.

[break][break]

or human, and, melalopolan as well?

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 8:21:39 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Oh! Well yeah, no problem!" Zac said, and he pulled some fresh fruit out of his jacket. "Here ya go Xantho mate! Fresh from the garden." He put the assorted fruit down next to the alien. There were some Tamato, Oran, Mango, a few Rawst, and a ripe Pinap.

The Megalopolan's reaction was a bit surprising, given what Zac had heard about them. Vicious space cannibals. Aliens who hungered for human flesh. Hell, he'd seen one take a chunk out of Kazimir.

Was Xantho an example of natural variance or a full-blown rebel? Were there other Megalopolan vegans?

"You just let me know what you want and I'll go grab it. What did you usually eat back in, uh, home?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 4:22:18 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

he wasn't into eating meat of any kind.

he was a megalopolan that wasn't some kind of sick cannibal.

that was...good to know. "uh i have something to help wash that down!" kaz interjected as he rushed over to the cooler they brought with them full of sodas to pull out a bottle of water that they had brought just in case too much soda caused a problem with their stomachs and handed it to the blue alien. "gotta stay hydrated."

still he couldn't stop thinking about what he just said, and while zac was being the good humanitarian (megalopolatarian?) kaz still had a few questions that he wanted to ask as they were starting to float around in his head. especially with zac's continued efforts to feed their new "friend". "yeah what...what do you eat if your people aren't going around eating others like us. or in some cases pokemon. we all kinda assumed that was your guy's natural diet. no offense." he hoped he didn't offend him. it was kind of hard to dance around the question of what does a alien cannibal eat if they don't eat humans, or meat in general, for that matter.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 22:15:25 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

[break]

BLUE SALIVA POOLS FROM THE CENTER OF HIS LOWER LIP. xantho stares at the assortment of colorful berries, enthralled, nodding to himself as his body rocks back and forth. the authenticity of this food proves much more appetizing in contrast to the packaged square of the dissected sandwich.

[break][break]

his fingers crawl through the air, wriggling like nihilego tentacles, held back by a momentary lapse in judgement. “many thanks to you zacramsey zac,” he stops, bowing from his seated stance, prostrating himself between his saviors.

[break][break]

and suddenly, he brings his fist down, squashing the tamato berries into a pulp. the skin immediately bursts, juice imploding in all directions. each strike comes down more furious than the last, a constant thump of flesh against solid earth.

[break][break]

pools of red juice seep into the dirt. dark spots grow underneath his shadow. the megalopolan known as xantho loses himself in a frenzy, not unlike what kazimir had seen in their home world. the only difference is that there are no teeth or claws. only the curve of his purple tongue lapping up the spilt liquid, pulling at the fruits innards to swallow them without chewing.

[break][break]

hunger resonates from his every action. his body contorts as his fingers dig into the dirt, searching for any bits or pieces he may have missed. red splotches stain his face with the fruit’s blood, a gruesome image that resonates with the pokkenger’s ultra space adventures.

[break][break]

h-h-hottt!!!

[break][break]

the alien behavior is rudely interrupted by xantho’s wild howl. his lips are swollen, elongated tongue extended as he pants repeatedly. his chest rises, ribs fading into obscurity when it rises, only to peek back out when he exhales. he labors in an excruciating pregnancy. today, his discovery of spiciness is born.

[break][break]

your food is so hot,” he exclaims in alarm.

[break][break]

again, he slams his balled fist down on the rawst berry, sucking out the juice vesicles with great haste.

[break][break]

your food is so flavorless,” he mumbles with puckered lips.

[break][break]

but despite this, he refuses to spit it up.

[break][break]

when kazimir hands him the water bottle, he attempts the same. plastic crinkles, eliciting a loud pop, underneath the pounding of his fist. he presents the misshapen bottle back to kazimir, lips pressed into a confused ‘o’. it remains unopened.

[break][break]

there is no food where i am from. only each other.

[break][break]

his head hangs downward in great shame, lips still curled from the bitter taste of rawst on his tongue. the blue and red blemishes are still wet, adding some well deserved color to his otherwise dark skin tone.

[break][break]

i…

[break][break]

he readjusts his mask, making sure it fits snuggly over his face. his lips hide behind the white of his visor.

[break][break]
i refuse to eat another. so—so i starved.

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 1:48:09 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Xantho's reactions to the food so far had been negative, and somewhat startling. 

Too hot.
Too flavorless.
No meat!
SMASH!

He was a pretty picky guy for someone who hadn't eaten anything in his home dimension, but Zac and Kaz were the most charitable fuggers in all of Hoenn.

"Sorry about the hot lips there mate! See if this cools you off!" Zac said, and he grabbed a green smoothie smoothie from his Rotom fridge. The drink was green and chunky, and came in a protein shaker cup. It was made on a lactose-free Moo-Moo Monsoon milk base, with blended Zarude vines for a little tang and extra healing, and had roughly minced chunks of Passho berries to bring out the flavor of the mix, and Watmel to balance out the dryness of the Passho and bring a little sweetness.

You would think this would leave it a little unpalatable, with a flavor profile of Dry 15, and Bitter 20, but the Sweet 30 from the Watmel, and the soothing taste of the Moo-Moo Milk worked wonders.

"No Pokemon meat in this, but a little bit of milk and ethically harvested vines. It's a great healing elixir with a ton of Calcium."

Zac had the popsicle version in the freezer tray, but he was worried about Xantho eating it all in one bite and getting his first brain freeze. The last thing Zac wanted was for his new friend to think he was under a psychic attack. 

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 2:21:11 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

well it seemed like they had a bit of a picky eater on their hands. then again when one's diet consisted nothing but their own flesh other foods might be hard to swallow. at least zac was still trying to get him to eat something even if it was a smoothie that kaz couldn't help but recognize by smell. hopefully something made with healing properties would be fine for the megalopolan, because kaz's curiosoity was starting to bubble again as xanthos responded.

"ok so clarify something for me," kaz interjected as he took a seat next to xanthos, "if there were only you and your people there, and you guys kind of...eat each other. what made you stop wanting to eat anyone else? i visited a city where a bunch of your people lived and...they were pretty crazy for any kind of meat they could get their hands on. even when they invaded i heard stories about them eating anyone they could get their hands on. so...what changed for you?"

how does a cannibal...decide to not be a cannibal anymore? and more importantly...

"and...what were your people even doing in those ruins?"

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 23:54:04 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",RED"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

[break]

HESISTANCE SURFACES from two near misses. xantho accepts zac’s latest concoction with curious eyes. a ginger shake allows the liquid to slosh around, revealing bits of passho berry chunks peeking out from the otherwise creamy mixture. they float like the the missing parts of their conversation, visible but shrouded in fluff.

[break][break]

a reluctant sip lights up his eyes. the megalopolan almost coughs up a fistful of flavor, bits of bubbly milk dripping from his open mouth.

[break][break]

t-this! this is good.

[break][break]

he tosses the container back like a celebratory shot, eagerly swallowing everything and anything that lands into his open mouth. his jaw unhinges in a guzzlord fashion, endless in its endeavors. much of it spills out but he cares little. the need to feast overcomes.

[break][break]

cough, cough,” he hacks. once there’s nothing left to swallow he wheezes for air. it seems the need to eat triumphs even their sense of breathing.

[break][break]

b-back in my world, i was a historian.

[break][break]

rounded fingers dig into the wet spots in the dirt. a noticeable lack of fingernails sticks out, until xantho starts to inhale the smoothie stained pebbles. pieces too large for him to stomach stay within his hands. the rest disappear behind his mask.

[break][break]

i…

[break][break]

he turns away from them, pulling his legs closer and into a fetal position.

[break][break]

i-i’ve, uh, lived a long, and, i guess you could say, humble life. i never, like, thought about it too much.

[break][break]

his voice starts to trail off.

[break][break]

but one day, o-our expedition team left the city and we were wiped out. the pokemon treated us as food! we, uh, were just another species at the bottom of the food chain.

[break][break]

his voice trembles momentarily but he finds the resolve to finish his story.

[break][break]

the soldiers who, um, found us, rescued me and took down one of the wild pokemon that had eaten my team.

[break][break]

he pauses.

[break][break]

food is a luxury in our world. they ate the pokemon. i did as well. but when we cut open its stomach i could still see pieces of my team members.

[break][break]

meteor falls echoes with the frantic cry of a scattered zubats. the megalopolan’s horrendous tale fills the empty cave with the same somberness that had filled his belly. the air smells of a foul self reflection.

[break][break]

but i couldn’t stop myself. none of us could. we eat so little. so rarely. the hunger pains i feel—i could eat anything.

[break][break]

his fingers uncurl from his balled up fist. he flashes his finger tips and the malformed bits of skin that have grown over the nail’s root.

[break][break]

and i still feel them. i did the only thing i could do to stop myself! now, i’m harmless.

[break][break]

but at what cost? the mask covers the horrors of ultra space but the consequences still bleed from his toothless gums.

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 1:14:37 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

No wonder he's having so much trouble.
He doesn't have any bloody teeth. 

"Okay so just soft foods then. No problems mate, Kaz and I will bring you more smoothies and the best pureed veggies you've ever had. My grandad lost all his teeth years ago, so I'll check in with him for some recommendations, yeah?"

Xanthos story was complete. They knew how he got here and why he was in the ruins. The only part left was to fill in the future. "So you were a historian! Is that what you want to do now? If you want we can get you books and TV and stuff. Do you know what an internet is?" 

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 19:25:44 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"wow i...i can't even imagine how that must be like." he could only fit so much of himself in the megalopolan's shoes as he tried to imagine living that kind of life. zac was doing his best to cheer up the guy with prospects of more delicious zarude smoothies as well as entertainment and knowledge like a tv and some history books. he wasn't sure if they had stuff like that on the other side but he did vaguely remember the megalopolan calling their world beautiful. compared to his world that was probably a fact in more ways than one.

"well, now you're here. and i'm sure you can enjoy this world much better than your old one, even if your the only one like you we've met so far." kazimir pats xantho on the back, his hand feeling the bones on the man's thin layer of skin. "although i can kind of see why your people would want to take over our world if that was the case. if there really was no food a place full of it does sound like paradise. would you...do you know anything about how they even found out about that? here in this world the only type of people that can even cross into different worlds like that...are pokemon, then again i guess ultra beasts," he gestured over to his naganandel and buzzwole who were picking at some of the food brought along, "can do it themselves. were you planning on escaping your world when that happened?"

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 23:51:29 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",RED"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

[break]

THE MENTAL ANGUISH OF HIS RETELLING INFLICTS A GREATER TOLL THAN EITHER IS ABLE TO REALIZE. his mask shields them from the hollow gaze of his eyes. empty. catatonic.

[break][break]

subsequent questions go right over his head as he spaces out. hands curls around each arm, holding himself together both literally and figurative. when he feels kazimir’s hand against his back he jerks in surprise, broken from his episode.

[break][break]

i, uh, i should get some rest,” he replies with a small shrink of his head. “i don’t really feel like talking anymore.

[break][break]

the megalopolan is no longer in the mood to talk.
[break][break]

feel free to have your character continue this thread by visiting at a different time period. in your next post please note around which major event their visit takes place.
[break][break]

for reference, the above takes place directly after DANGEROUS DISCOVERIES.
[break][break]

we will be moving along the timeline chronologically. you can find more details in the TIMELINE.

[break][break]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights