Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 2:25:03 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

TIMESKIP TO APRIL - After Excursions

Zac and Kaz returned to see Xantho regularly, but it wasn't until a few months later that they tried to question him again.

In the interim, they had left him with everything an alien living in a cave could need. Stacks of magazines, newspapers, and romance novels, a Rotom fridge stocked full of meat-less food, and heartfelt company.

Zac's Sylveon and Chatot had been living with  Xantho, protecting him from anything that may have come investigating, as well as holding the man's hands and patting his back with its calming tendrils.

Chatot was there for emotional support too, and had picked up dozens of encouraging phrases from its time with Zac. 
"You can do it mate!" squawked the Chatot as Zac and Kazimir entered the homey cave. "Ninety-nine percent of success is just getting out of bed!" 

"How's it going Xantho. Find anything interesting?" Zac asked, indicating the reading material. Zac was still bent on finding a place for the alien in their world. A career, a job, a hobby. Even an unhealthy obsession! Surely anything would be preferable to sitting in a cave all day.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 22:21:30 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
along with zac's pokemon kazimir had left behind his zeraora and a blissey behind to not only guard xantho but as well as be his personal nurse as well. the man may be "ok" in a sense but it didn't hurt to leave behind some more help. guy was still skin and bones!

it also was a good idea to bring extra refreshments and with him kaz had brought along a lot of different kinds of yogurt of various flavors for the guy to eat. having no teeth was probably a real pain in the ass so when he remembered it he made sure to try and bring any and all soft foods he could think of in the past days.

hoped he enjoyed them.

"man these new pokedolls are gonna make me broke, look at them. a zorua and vulpix pair...a shiny turtwig one...hey xantho you got any faves? maybe we can get you one to spruce up the room a little bit more. theyr'e supposed to give off some good vibes and energies to help relax." it was probably the best they could offer him since he was still in a cave. apartment hunting on his end was slow going because well...do megalopolans even have a currency to use?

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 11:24:55 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG" style="width:99.6%"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]XANTHO'S FAVOR

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

SET AFTER EXCURSIONS

[break]

TIME HAS THICKENED THEIR CONNECTION in more ways than one. while the megalopolan is no longer an extremity of bones threatening to jut from underneath his skin, years, if not decades, of starvation cannot be undone in mere months. his iconic appearance remains unchanged. the only exception is he now wears the bedsheets they’ve provided as a loose toga.

[break][break]

any attempts to acclimate him to ‘regular’ human clothing have failed utterly and spectacularly. something as mundane as cotton is as delicious as the most sweet dessert. undoing them one thread at a time becomes a sneaky snack, woven spaghetti, if you will.

[break][break]

time with zac and kazimir’s pokemon have filled his notebook with plentiful sketches. their details are paid extra attention, highlighting his interest as someone who sees these species as ‘alien’. he finishes the last touches to zeraora’s fur, detailing the lightning bolts in accordance to their patterns.

[break][break]

when zac pegs him with the usual question, he comes up with something aside from the usual ‘look at what i drew, zacramsey zac’. “those people earlier were looking for professor creighton.” a tabloid piece sits among the magazines. the various explorers who had delved into meteor falls had missed the megalopolan by chance.

[break][break]

kazimir’s exclamation draws his attention and he peers over at the dolls. “uh, i don’t know any of them by name,” he answers with an exaggerate shake of his head. flipping through his previous pages, he brandishes a particular page for the both to see.

[break][break]

but if i had a favorite it would be this pokemon.

[break][break]

it's something no one's ever seen before.

[break][break]

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 15:32:46 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac frowned, distressed by the implications of the image.

"Uhhh, you haven't had any visitors, have you? Maybe a floating girl with a laugh like this?" Zac did his best impression of 's signature, condescending laugh. 

While he had no idea how Chryssa could have snuck into see Xantho, the similarity between the alien's drawing and her OC at their Mystery Dungeons and Dragons game was uncanny. 

"So what's it called?" he asked, skeptical. Zac knew the creature only as Guillotine Flatflipper, the Lvl 1 Warlock/Rogue, Slayer of the Fair Maiden and soon-to-be-lover of High Magister Balerio. 

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 6:08:47 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

the zeraora goes up to the megalopolan to nuzzle against his leg as their otherworldly friend shows them some of his work when talking about what kind of pokemon he would like as a doll. looking at it kazimir's mind went to dragon types as it seemed to resemble one...but resemble one was all that he had to go on. it sure didn't look like any that he was familiar with if he was to be honest. "kinda looks like a skinny dragonite. with like...a lot of sharp edges to it."

it sure was something different than he had ever seen. a lot different. almost....otherworldly. that's when a light bulb turned on for kazimir as he looked at his zeraora and thought back to a few other pokemon he had with him. if it was a pokemon he didn't recognize...was it a pokemon at all? "is that...uh...one of those ultra beasts that come from your world?" he asked, adding onto zac's question. based on the ones he's seen so far they were all pretty out there by their own looks yet this one looked like a regular pokemon...if you looked at it from the right angle that is.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 21:12:43 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

SET AFTER EXCURSIONS

[break]

XANTHO HAS NOTHING FOR THEIR QUESTIONS. he can only nod in dismissal as each question comes in quick succession. it goes without saying that the megalopolan has remained undiscovered. if not for xantho’s own denial then their pokemon will collaborate as well.

[break][break]

i don’t think this pokemon has a name,” he reveals. the sketch is plain black and white, absent of most details. it only covers the silhouette, just as vague as their understanding of ultra space.

[break][break]

and, uh, i don’t much about it. it may not even be real.

[break][break]

he sets the book down, hesitantly reaching out to stroke the zeraora’s yellow fur.

[break][break]

i’ve only seen it in old books. oh, uh, and in some ruins back in my world.” he turns his head away from them before boasting. despite what they have come to learn about megalopolans, xantho proves more humble than the traditional biters.

[break][break]

history is not very important in our culture. i, was, uh, one of the few to look into it so whatever it is may be lost to time. but that’s why it’s my favorite.
[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 16:11:47 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"So it's your favorite because you don't know much about it?" Zac asked. "You've gotta give me something mate."

"You said you saw it in books. What did they say? Were there any legends or stories about it? What did they call it in the books if it doesn't have a name?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 0:18:08 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"whoa whoa buddy. let the guy breath a bit will ya? think you drank too much charja cola on the way here." they wanted information for him that much was probably evident. the megalopolan was still a guest in their home, base, other world, so they should at least treat him like one. besides it seemed like he was as in the dark of some of his own world's legends just like they were of a few of theirs. guess that was another similarity between the two worlds at least.

"how about from the top, what kind of legends does that pokemon have? it looks...a little bright." his mind wanders back to the city and the strange spotlights that welcomed them when they arrived. ones that swept across the streets of empty streets and gave off a feeling as if they were searching for anyone who wasn't supposed to be out and about over there. a part of him wished to go back and maybe see what would have happened if he stepped into one of them.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 1:02:28 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

SET AFTER EXCURSIONS

[break]

BRITTLE FINGERS CRAWL to a stop deep within the fine hairs of kazimir’s zeraora. his palm sits idle, laid bare against the yellow carpet of the pokemon’s backside.

[break][break]

i guess that’s a bit silly.” the dejection in his voice thickens with a deepening drawl.

[break][break]

there are no written legends behind it.” the word ooze out from underneath his mask. the way his chin dips under his own self scrutiny makes it harder to hear, quieter.

[break][break]

it’s just drawn a lot in our caves. i-i used to think that means its one of the oldest pokemon because of that.

[break][break]

xantho does a double take at kazimir’s observation. “you think so?” he questions, facing the book, as if he could see through his mask.

[break][break]

maybe that’s what we should call it? the bright one.

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 2:24:50 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"You're right mate. Sorry, got carried away there. You know how it is with new legends." Zac laughed, eyes gleaming at the idea of this new, bright creature. 

"So what else is in those cave paintings?" Zac asked, as he looked again at the picture Xantho had drawn. The creature looked like an exploding sun, surrounded with shards of sharp sunlight. "Is he like a sun-powered-Pokemon?

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 7:45:26 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"i vote we call it solardagon. cause it looks like a dragon that the sun kind of spat out." bright one was a little on the nose with where it possibly came from. "but yeah it does look like light is very important to it. are there other pokemon like that depicted on those paintings? i can't imagine there's a lot of them that are as bright as this one."

it was an understatement to say that this one was different from different creatures they have seen from ultra space since so far all of the ultra beasts they have encountered varied in different sizes and shapes. the only other one he could think of was..."barcelona, er i mean...bla...blacephalala? some kind of clown looking thing that blows up its head. i doubt those two are related but...i guess we're just as in the dark as you are about a few of these things...."

that's when something clicked in his head. he's heard about it and even remember an event a few months back of some people battling a pitch black creature... and were there if he remembered right. "say...was there anything about a creature that's kinda the opposite of this sun dragon thing? like something made out of pitch darkness? just...curious since a handful of pokemon in our world come in pairs like that." it was a shot in the dark of a question but he was curious if the strange black creature was related to ultra space in any shape or form.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 6:37:08 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

SET AFTER EXCURSIONS

[break]

Y-YEAH.” a pause of disappointment goes unnoticed underneath the mask. its pregnancy gives birth to recognition, stashing the insecurities of having his own option glossed over with matching agreeance.
[break][break]
solardragon it is!
[break][break]
he leans forward from his perch, spilling onto the ground as lanky limbs scoop up the tattered notebook between the pad of his fingers. a writer’s pen etches the name into permanence, a coined term crowned between friends.
[break][break]
uh, you mean burst?
[break][break]
xantho flips onto a new page. he furiously scribbles the outline of the pokemon in question. it’s a quick sketch—by no means fancy enough to match an actual description, but the similarities are uncanny enough. the way he depicts the pokemon’s gangly body and limbs seem reminiscent of himself. and the huge head? impossible to mix up.
[break][break]
hm. i, um, don’t think i’ve heard of a pokemon like that.
[break][break]
he flips through several more pages, as if looking for something. eventually he comes to an end.
[break][break]
now that you mention it…
[break][break]
he turns the notebook around the show them some of his previous drawings. “don’t you think that, uh…
[break][break]
hesitation holds him up but that drawn out need to gather courage allows them to digest what they’re seeing. on the left page, a trace drawing of his hand scrawls across the page. there are obvious erase marks around the finger tips, redrawn to show pointed tips.
[break][break]
the right page shows a more detailed circle with shaded patterns overlapping. it’s monochrome based off his pencil, a range of faded yellow, grey, and a deep, almost black filling.
[break][break]
solardragon looks like it’s surrounded with lightning bolts?

[break][break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 13:29:02 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Yeah it looks a bit like lightning!" Zac agreed, scooching closer to get a better look at the page. "Makes sense, right? What's brighter than a flash of lightning?"

He leaned a little closer, squinting, as if he could squeeze the truth out through his own eyelids.

"Big pointy head. Sharp wings. And the lightning? This thing looks a bit familiar..." Memory trickled through his mind. Rubbings made in ancient ruins and recent sightings of legendary creatures.

Lightning played across Zac's brain as his synapses fired.

"Mate I think I know just what this thing is," he said, tapping the notebook excitedly with one giant finger. His eyes glinted with fervor as the pieces came together.

In Zac's mind the cracks of lightning illuminated a single, brilliant conclusion.

"This four-winged bugger is Zapdos' father!"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 0:25:00 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Maybe it draws in electricity or gives it off? we got electric types that kinda spark all the time but..." clearly something is different about this "soldragon" that they were talking about. from the drawings it definitely seemed like there was some kind of energy associated with it but it wasn't anything kazimir himself could recall.

although zac was having probably a better time than he was, what with spouting that this thing might be related to the legendary zapdos of all things. "uh...does it look like it gave bird to that big yellow bird? it kinda looks more like a dragon from where i'm standing but...i don't think i know any electric dragons myself..." kaz places a finger on his chin as he stares at the drawing and points at the black scribbles that were made on the opposite page. "see anything like this before though? cause i haven't, that's kinda new to me. it looks like lightning but...never saw black lightning before." kaz asks to xanthos but also zac as the two of them are more wordly than he is as their knowledge makes up for his experience after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
MEGAMIND [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 20:59:42 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class",YELLOW"]

[break][break]
[break]

MEGAMIND

[break]

SET AFTER EXCURSIONS

[break]

ZAPDOS?

[break][break]

different worlds house different pokemon. while xantho has become acclimated to their pokemon, namely the ones they’ve left behind to watch over him, this world’s biodiversity is still a culture shock. their household names are just as alien as ultra space.

[break][break]

do you h-have a picture?!

[break][break]

an elevated pitch carries his excitement; the vast and varied ecology of this world bring him great joy. sketches of zac and kazimir’s pokemon fill the later pages of his journal. the transition from written entries to a myriad of sketches help capture just how long he’s been here.

[break][break]

the only electric pokemon we have back home is lightning.

[break][break]

he rushes another sketch of a stick figure with a head full of spikes. the only reason either of them can recognize the xurkitree is due to the infamy of the one that appeared on the MAUVILLE WARFRONT. otherwise, xantho’s drawing is barely distinguishable from a blacephalon.

[break][break]

when kazimir comments on the mysterious orb, xantho extends his pencil to showcase the black lead.

[break][break]

uh, i’m not sure it’s black either… sorry.” he turns the book back to himself to stare at it himself. “the carvings i found had no color… so i took tried to fill it in with what i thought it would look like.

[break][break]
[break][break]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights