[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The air feels cold, swirling in her lungs and stealing her warmth with every breath. It's been like that ever since she's escaped from the hospital with Reiner's help. Her phone's long been abandoned on the bedside, leaving nothing for people to trace her with.
[break][break]
And perhaps, she's fine with never being found. In this little apartment that they've managed to rent out, she finds a strange sense of peace encircling her. No people to mess with her image of this world, no one to shatter her hopes or attempt to give her light - Everything remains as it does in her memories; Kind smiles, warm embraces, a loving family that will never leave her.
[break][break]
When something roars outside the window, Reiner is the first to move, passing her a cloak and watching as she puts it on. When she's ready, he helps her to clamber onto his back, cautious in his movements as he slinks out of the apartment before the procession arrives.
[break][break]
It's been like that ever since Sootopolis fell, that much she's heard from the landlady downstairs. People grow restless and weary of the League's inaction, or they simply find that their hatred for the law has been watered by the prospect of a revolution. As long as you mind your business and stay out of their way, you should be able to avoid getting hit by anything that flies through the air.
[break][break]
That is, if you wish to remain oblivious to the changes in this region.
[break][break]
But Eris seeks danger, anything that helps to distract her.
[break][break]
And so she dives into the deep.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || || disguise

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Diving Off the Deep End || M
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 10:33:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
his clear distaste in these protesters is easily masked, buried beneath a steely expression that he upholds for the sake of appearing neutral, and perhaps even compassionate.

"reminds me a little of kanto."

he whispers to his partner — a familiar face, ally, and friend.

"you know, before it all went to shit."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 18:42:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Diving off the deep end

I been trying not to go off the deep end

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/867945880358113310/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_13_47_-_The_Slum_City_feat._COMA-CHI_320_kbps.mp3[/player]
And running directly opposite to 's attempts at seeming neutral and compassionate, the Captain wore his disdain on his sleeve, expression steely and body language tense, arms folded behind his back as he peered from under the darkness of his cap.

"Funny." He said, not sounding particularly amused. "Reminds me of Sootopolis while it was going to shit."

It would forever be a sore point.

Regardless, he makes no effort to incense the crowd beyond what his mere presence might prompt. It's been long enough for him to more or less internalize 's advice, and even though he doesn't like it, his better judgement advices against any offensives, if only for the sake of accountability.

"How's the Elite life, by the way?" He asks, picking at the first topic that comes to mind to distract him from the dumbass rocket sympathizers.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 20:21:19 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Incite them, break them, sink further into the eye of the storm - When they call on faith, she provides them with answers, leading their hands and whispering the name of dissenters within their ears.
[break][break]
It is here that the witch hunts begin, bloody and merciless as they may get. One by one, the houses are tracked down, the people singled out and dragged before the monster that breathes - The mob hungers and thus they shall feast.
[break][break]
Stones shatter the windows, fire licking the walls as the rioters begin taking swings with whatever they hold in their hands. Whilst some onlookers may attempt to retaliate, they are ultimately swarmed and overwhelmed when a single voice attempts to drown out a crowd. It's madness but it's one that Rocket wishes to breed, sinking their roots deeper into these soils and poisoning the minds of the masses.
[break][break]
"Isn't that the Elite Four member?"
[break][break]
"And the army?"
[break][break]
"What are they doing here?"

[break][break]
Though she sinks into an endless sea of noise, she listens to the voices that cry with worry, gripping tight to Reiner's mane as she tugs onto the hood of her jacket. There's no point meeting their gaze, and she has no intention of looking them in the eye.
[break][break]
It's simple enough; had already summarised it when they'd taken the time to speak in private. Some have already caught onto the gist of things, but those that haven't will only hear a word enough to spark things off.
[break][break]
"Enemies."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 8:37:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
perhaps it would forever be a sore point. if only doug knew that it could've been prevented.

"busy, all things considered. when are you going to challenge me?"

chaos erupts all around them. this time, an expression of concern washes over his features, feigned, of course, as he approaches the protestors.

briefly, he thinks he sees a familiar face, but dismisses the thought not long after.

"so! what are we protesting today?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 21:14:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Diving off the deep end

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/868658650661654639/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_247_-_MEGALOBOX_Sorrow.mp3[/player]

"Pokemon League Challenges are off my priority list at the moment."

In the midst of the chaos, violence and fear the Rockets were perpetuating, attempting to complete a league challenge seemed tone-deaf.

The Elite 4 was empty as usual anyway.

But all such conversations fall by the way side, forgotten, as the violence escalates.

As it all begins, a memory swiftly claws its way to forefront his mind, long discarded in an attempt to be forgotten.

His blood is boiling. His vision is growing red.

As the sound of people's screaming as they are dragged out of their homes rises through the air, his heart hammers in his chest like a war drum.

He breathed in slowly, then breathed out sharply. A psychic touch reached out to him, gently reassuring. He glanced over his shoulders, nodding at his Orbeetle before turning a serious gaze to the crowd.

"Whatever it is, brutalizing fellow civilians won't solve it." He boomed out shortly after , before turning his gaze towards those physically closest to the victims of assault. "I'm gonna have to ask y'all to step away from the injured and stand down."

This never worked, but nobody could say they didn't try.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 12:34:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's never easy to break free of the shackles of mob mentality. Whilst some back off when confronted directly by the duo, others are quick to let their aggression flare. A few quick gazes are thrown around the mass, ideas concocted between those familiar with one another as their hands fly towards their belts.
[break][break]
The sky lights up in a shower of red light, pokemon roaring and bearing their fangs as they leap from their slumber. A few follow their trainer's directive and continue to antagonise the hostages, whilst others leap straight for the throat of the duo that dares to interfere.
[break][break]
Latching onto their intent, Eris calls out a pokemon of her own - Nova nestles gently within her arms, taking in the chaos with a quiet whine.
[break][break]
"I'm sorry." She whispers, but is she really? When she's endorsing this nightmare and inflicting this pain on others, she finds it impossible to grasp the justice that Chu-e is fighting for, remains unable to understand why Gavin wishes to take this region over. Rocket remains a thorn that drives itself further into the sides of innocent people, a point of conflict that seeks to grow its influence.
[break][break]
She can't bring herself to hurt others, but she can't bear the thought of betraying those closest to her.
[break][break]
The Cyndaquil exhales at her behest, plumes of Smoke billowing from his nostrils and concealing danger within its midst. When robbed of their sight, Doug and Matias are surely the kind to be cautious, aren't they? Her finger twitches, but Reiner is quick to pull her thoughts back.
[break][break]
This isn't their fight, to step in now means getting caught up in danger.
[break][break]
And having to face those that she'd rather not see.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 15:52:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
cautious? doug and matias? oh, eris.

"tch."

well, they gave them an opportunity to stand down, so what's about to happen is justified.

a single pokeball flashes open, and with it comes an eerie PERISH SONG that drowns out all other sounds. it puts them on a timer, and it should help deescalate the situation.

but it doesn't stop one of them from throwing a punch right at .
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 13:39:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Diving off the deep end

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/868658650661654639/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_247_-_MEGALOBOX_Sorrow.mp3[/player]
He caught the punch, looking pensive.

"Sir. You are attacking an officer. Do you understand how serious of an offense this is?" He said in a severe tone, eyes slightly narrowed at the man.

Beat.

His lids fell and his lips curled, making him look thoroughly disappointed as his eyebrow tilted.

"No, really. Do you?" He asked bluntly.

It was an honest question.

Seemed to him like most Hoennians had a very loose grasp of their own country's laws; probably due to the rarity of crime prior to Rocket's arrival to its shores 4 years prior.

Unfortunately, precious few laymen had been inspired by the surge in violence and crime in their region to open the internet and actually get a grasp of their country's law system.

Which made someone like former Councilman all the more valuable.

But back to the matter at hand...

Doug shoved back at the man's fist, sending him stumbling back into the crowd as energy began crackling around his chest, light shining through the fabric as he reached for his neck and yanked out a pendant.

A Mega Pendant.

"We're on a timer, Garo. Give us a Soiree Special."

G-Max Gravitas

A black egg marked by a rainbow sigil rose in the air, cracks spreading over its surface before it burst into light, revealing a massive beetle-like Ufo hovering over the crowd, eyes alight with a blue glow.

As if a switch had been flipped, the world suddenly became as space, gravity reduced to nonexistence. The several rioters, their victims, and the pokemon all rose in the air, bereft of the ability to move freely without means of propulsion.

"Bring the injured and victims to us." He ordered, his Mega Orbeetle's eyes gleaming once more before certain people began to be pulled out of the crowd towards them.

Then, his Orbeetle spoke to him.

His brow furrowed, eyes rising towards the crowd.

Perhaps he found her because he was specifically looking for her...

But his eyes found Eris and Reiner.

What the hell was she doing amongst this crowd?

"Bring her closer." He ordered, his bug obeying.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 14:44:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]After months spent wandering the wastelands, Eris knows better than to overlook any noises. And thus, the Perish Song is identified with ease, an surge of frustration washing over her as she looks to her pokemon. Nova is returned for his own sake but Reiner refuses to stand down, growling whenever she so much as dares to reach for her pokeball. Now isn't the time for him to leave her alone, especially not after all the stunts she's pulled on her own.
[break][break]
Gravity switches off and they finds themselves floating just off the face of the earth. With a carefully aimed nudge, Reiner dislodges two pokeballs from her pouch, watching as the duo of Yanmegas appears in a flash of red and shoving Eris towards Ame. On the other hand, he waits for Ema to latch onto him, his mane crackling with electricity as he bares his fangs.
[break][break]
And yet, he doesn't simply fire off, his gaze flicking between her and the figures of authority - It's her last chance to decide where she falls and it's not a simple one to make. To stay with those who have cared for her and blaze the purple trails with pride, or leave them in the dust to pursue even the slightest glimmer of a normal life? Ame and Ema do well to resist the pull that Garo exerts, but even they aren't able to hold out forever.
[break][break]
So she swallows her emotions, numbing herself to the bitterness that swirls up from deep within.
[break][break]
"Get them."
[break][break]
There's no turning back now, a vicious burst of electricity Discharging through the field. It pays no heed to sworn allegiances, ripping through the ranks and searing flesh and fur without hesitation. Rend their bonds and burn it to ashes -
[break][break]
There's no way she can let go of Rocket.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 16:31:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
and so, she makes her choice.

matias stands his ground (or floats?) as DISCHARGE rushes through the crowd, zapping, stunning. it never quite finds matias, however, as a shield of PROTECT forms just in time.

when the spark of yellow finally fades, he sees eris, and more importantly, he sees her luxray.

that bitch.

for now, he plays neutral.

"you good, doug?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 20:14:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Diving off the deep end

She wouldn't. She wouldn't. She wouldn't.

Barely perceptible dandruff floated around Doug and rose in the air, dissipating harmlessly as the youth breathed out a cloud of smog.

His clothes smelled crispy as he stared up at Eris blankly.

"No." He said bluntly in response to Matias' question, brow slowly furrowing as he stared down at Eris.

"Eris." He intoned as the people around her were pulled away sharply from Reiner, several of them severely injured by the proximity.

"You are hurting people." He said, before raising a hand towards her, as if beckoning her closer. "Why?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,782 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 9:55:16 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Eris is no longer a name she'll respond to. At least, not when spoken by those that Rocket and, by proxy, she considers an enemy.
[break][break]
Her limbs feel a little tingly from the surge of electricity but it's nothing compared to the burns and wounds she'd once harboured. Worryingly enough, it's become something she's grown used to - She has to thank a certain for reminding her of it.
[break][break]
When Doug stares at her and prompts her for an answer, she offers nothing save a whistle. In an instant, her pokemon are on the move - a Wave of Thunder seeking to paralyse all creatures whilst one of the Yanmega hurls a glowing ball of Ancient Power at the duo. The other seems to hang back and observe, as if waiting to Detect any signs of approaching danger.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 8:49:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
the whistle is all too familiar, and just like last time, matias expects something to come from it. his pokeball flashes open, and from it comes a rhyperior whose appearance immediately redirects the THUNDER WAVE into her horn.

gengar materializes just in time to take the ANCIENT POWER on behalf of matias. the ghost-type also manages to sneak in a SUCKER PUNCH at one of the yanmegas, slipping past its DETECT.

and like doug, matias stares at eris.

"stop this, eris."

in the background, MAGICAL LEAVES start to swirl.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 18:10:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Diving off the deep end

The ball of ancient power hurls towards him, and he makes no effort to move out of the way, his jaw setting as he clamps down with his teeth, breathing deeply.

The attack detonates into a smoke cloud before it reaches him however, barreling into a barrier his Orbeetle had erected. Even if the youth refused to dodge, it would not let him get himself killed.

Naturally, it needed to go.

"Garo." Doug intoned, raising a hand. His wrist crackled with Z-energy. "Get everyone out of here."

He raised his fingers to the comm in his ears as the Orbeetle stared at him silently, his orders giving it pause.

"Prepare all medics and healers. The citizens have been pacified; several are injured and in need of assistance. They'll be arriving shortly... Yes; via Ufo." He said, before giving Garo a strong look.

A moment later, the crowd and the Orbeetle disappeared in a flash into the distance, an ufo gleaming into the horizon.

"Alright." Doug muttered, slapping himself on the cheeks twice before he began taking steps towards Eris.

Without Garo present, the gravity field snapped back to normal without warning, dropping the weight of gravity back down on everyone present.

"Eris!" He said a bit louder and firmer, brow twisting. "What's wrong? I can't help ya if ya don't tell me what's going on! Talk to me, please!"