TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2021 19:15:51 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

A quiet alarm. An empty office. The fading cerulean of a sky where the sun has long since passed meridian.
[break][break]
Leaving things unfinished has never suited Lia, and it’s often that she’ll work overtime in order to complete a task. Today, however, she has plans, and the computer’s screen turns dark not long after the silent ring of the alarm.
[break][break]
Glasses are removed, delicate fingers cover a yawn, and she stretches up; finally removing the hair elastic that has held her hair up in a ponytail ever since leaving her apartment that very morning. By the time she stands and actually bothers with looking at her surroundings, there’s no signs of anyone else still being around, for every other ranger who had been assigned to office work that day had probably left the very second it was time for them to clock out. She probably should have too.
[break][break]
Every other ranger, except one, that is.
[break][break]
No signs, except for the obvious light coming from the captain’s office.
[break][break]
Naturally, brows quirk at the sight, and it’s soon enough that Lia finds herself gently knocking on an open door while standing at its frame, gold-coloured gaze meeting that of the ranger captain.
[break][break]
”Lance, go home.
[break][break]
This is no suggestion, nor is it a question, but it comes with one of those soft smiles of hers.

[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 5:32:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

gentle knocks pull him away from whatever he had been occupied with. his gaze lifts, shifting from the monitor to meet hers.[break][break]

"i will, i will. i just lost track of time."[break][break]

still not used to being tied to a desk, it should come as no surprise that working on a computer takes him twice as long as it should with anyone else.[break][break]

he sighs, leaning back in his chair.[break][break]

"you look like you're ready to leave. any plans, lia?"

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 6:01:44 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Really, there’s no need for him to justify himself to her; to make excuses and explain. Even if there’s no need, he still does, and Lia can’t help but chuckle lightly at his words – entertained.
[break][break]
”Why do I have a feeling that if I leave you here you’ll just keep working for hours?”
[break][break]
Probably because it’s the truth, and even though she knows it’s a bit silly, it does make her worry about him.
[break][break]
”Yeah, I was planning on stopping by the mall on my way home, so I’m leaving before they close. There’s some things I want to buy.”
[break][break]
It’s then when an idea sparks in her mind, and for a moment, all caution is thrown aside; giving into the impulse to ask one simple question:
[break][break]
”...Wanna come?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 6:31:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

oh, it's definitely the truth, and he accepts it with a slight nod of his head as he chuckles.[break][break]

he'd likely stay the entire night if he could; just anything to avoid going home to an empty house.[break][break]

her question catches him off guard, but after a moment, he smiles.[break][break]

"are you expecting me to carry your shopping bags?"[break][break]

he wouldn't mind, honestly.[break][break]

standing, he turns off his computer and monitor before reaching for his jacket. he approaches her.[break][break]

"let's go."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 6:57:38 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Aw, you’d carry them for me?”
[break][break]
She beams. It’s not actually the reason she had suggested it and she definitely wouldn’t mind carrying her own shopping bags even if it can get annoying when there’s one too many of them, but the offer is nice regardless – it’s sweet, even.
[break][break]
Putting on her own jacket because evenings are suddenly colder now that it’s finally autumn, she simply watches him, and as she does, she finally wonders if they really should be doing things like these. It’s too late to hesitate now, isn’t it? And, even if she has her doubts, there’s still that inevitable smile at her lips.
[break][break]
”Sure.”
[break][break]
She steps away from the door, waiting while he locks the office. Strangely enough, it all feels familiar even if it’s only been a few weeks, and Lia finds that she actually really likes that feeling...

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 9:26:53 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"i would."[break][break]

saying nothing else on the matter, he shrugs on his jacket, then locks up the office before turning to her.[break][break]

naturally, his hand finds her lower back, guiding her through familiar corridors and out the door into the open streets of lilycove.[break][break]

"i don't actually think i've been to the mall here."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 10:12:52 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

One of the first things Lia had when moving to Lilycove had been to go to the mall. It had mostly been for the sake of buying furniture for her new apartment, but still, the point is that she had visited the shopping center soon after arriving at the city. Hell, she had been there even before moving to Lilycove, so to her, hearing that Lance has never been to the mall is surprising, and she sure doesn’t bother with hiding her shock:
[break][break]
”Lance… Haven’t you lived here for like two years?”
[break][break]
How the hell has he never been to the mall?!
[break][break]
Even if she tries not to, she can’t help but chuckle, turning to look up at him as they walk down the busy streets of Lilycove – this time towards the heart of the city.
[break][break]
”Actually, nevermind... That sounds like the sort of thing you would do.”
[break][break]
She grins at him then, also not bothering to explain herself.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 16:37:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"look..."[break][break]

but he knows there's little use defending himself when it certainly is weird that he hasn't gone to the mall since arriving in hoenn. to be fair to him, there's nothing for him to purchase there, and when he shops for food or groceries he does it at the local shops instead.[break][break]

"it's fine. i guess my first time will be with you."[break][break]

as per usual, he smirks.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 17:27:21 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

’I guess my first time will be with you.’
[break][break]
Of course he’d put it like that.
[break][break]
Hearing him makes Lia roll her eyes, and yet there’s still those pink tones creeping across her cheeks, and also that faint yet all too obvious smile. Even if this is just an impromptu visit to the mall together, even if it doesn’t mean anything, it’s still really nice.
[break][break]
”Luckily for you, I make for a great shopping partner.”
[break][break]
With these words, she smiles, but as they walk, the reasons why he probably doesn’t do things like going to the mall become all too clear with the more she thinks about it. It could all just be her own assumptions, but isn’t it better to assume when in a situation like this?
[break][break]
”Did you at least eat dinner, by the way?”
[break][break]
Probably not, since neither has she.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 17:59:12 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"yeah? what makes you great?"[break][break]

a lot of things, really, that he could likely list off the top of his head but for obvious reasons doesn't. the easier option is to smirk and to continue to tease her. besides, seeing her blush is just adorable.[break][break]

"not yet. what kinda food do they have at the mall?"[break][break]

they reach a crossing and once again, he makes sure to look both ways before leading her across. his touch on her lower back lingers a little too long even after they've crossed.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 1:12:07 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

This time, it’s her turn. She looks up at him when the question is asked, and in her gaze there’s that sweet and pleading expression that’s almost like that of a cute Puppy Pokémon begging for a treat. Naturally, she also pouts, and her tone is as if dipped in honey:
[break][break]
”Lance… You don’t think I’m great?”
[break][break]
So manipulative.
[break][break]
So much so that she can’t keep it up for long, chuckling softly as they cross the street.
[break][break]
Of course she notices the way his touch lingers at the small of her back, and truly, that may just be the reason why the blush at her cheeks persist. Yet, it’s nice, and in a way she can’t quite explain, it also makes her feel comfortable and safe.
[break][break]
”Well… They have a lot of different things. What do you like?”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 4:28:27 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

so manipulative.[break][break]

he rolls his eyes but there's no hiding the smile that graces his features. he thinks highly of her, that much he knows, but he'll keep it to himself for now.[break][break]

"i like sandwiches and burgers. i used to eat them a lot while traveling."[break][break]

fond memories return to him.[break][break]

"do they have desserts?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 5:38:20 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Sandwiches and burgers… Cute. We can totally find something like that.”
[break][break]
It’s not exactly the healthiest thing out there, but it’s not like Lia cares much. Her years at Slateport University had gotten her more than used to eating things like those for dinner when staying in the library until late, and honestly, she also kind of likes it even if she’s never one to eat much.
[break][break]
”There’s a nice café I like to go to sometimes, they have some great desserts there. Maybe we can stop by if we have time.”
[break][break]
The thought of it brings back memories of the last time they talked about desserts and of sharing a banana split, and inevitably so, it all just makes her wonder exactly what this is…
[break][break]
She doesn’t ask, of course.
[break][break]
Instead, she simply walks by his side to the mall, finding herself glad it isn’t too full of people once they arrive.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 7:30:57 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

the thought brings back memories for him, too, and he can't help but reminisce as they enter the mall.[break][break]

once inside, he can't help but look around in slight wonder, peering up at just how big the mall seems to be.[break][break]

"holy."[break][break]

his gaze shifts back to her.[break][break]

"how do you know where to start?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
go home [m]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 10:00:48 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

There’s something adorable about Lance’s reaction when stepping into the mall, and Lia finds herself watching him – even allowing herself a small chuckle. She should probably wonder how is it that he didn’t even know just how big Lilycove’s shopping center is, but she chooses to dismiss it simply as him being busy and just not into things like those.
[break][break]
”Easy: you just make a choice. Left or right, simple as that.”
[break][break]
She grins, saying it as if it’s the most obvious thing in the word
[break][break]
”This time I do have somewhere I want to go, though.”
[break][break]
With that said, she starts walking as if knowing exactly where to go, and she does, because unlike Lance, Lia is no stranger to Lilycove’s mall.