awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
ain't gonna live forever [s]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 19:57:16 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Free days could be really boring. Jessica woke up at four in the afternoon, scrolled through her Instagram feed, and found nothing of interest. Then she laid on her back on her bed considering her options until the evening time.

When she made up her mind, she made she was all dolled up and cute before going out of her apartment.

Her target for the night was a specific bar that she had performed at before, but of course, she wasn't working. Tonight, it was about seeing her friend, maybe enjoy a drink or two.

Jessie slipped in, her heels clicking on the floor before she slipped into a bar stool. Taking a deep breath in, she called out.

"Rooooach! Roachy! Where are you?" She tapped her nails against the bar, kicking her feet in the air like a child. "Roach!"

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 0:55:05 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

the thing about nightlife was that it was a different world. people who worked in it tended to know one another, because who else did you talk to after you got done wiping down the bar at two a.m.? the other people. the girls dancing on platforms, when their legs got tired but their minds didn’t, because the night never ended just because the doors locked and the drunks went home.

tonight, though, it wasn’t that late. he’d locked his before everyone else, because fuck four hours for five bucks.

he’d sent out a text or two. somehow, he’d found himself briefly behind a bar that he didn’t even work at, giving a hand while he shot the shit with the person meant to be there.

he heard her the first time, but didn’t turn, instead going to work making a colorfully layered shot with things he typically didn’t have to work with.

once he was finished and she’d called for him a couple of times, he turned and set it in front of her with a wink and a cheesy click of his tongue.

“jessie.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 21:56:38 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica pouted, sighing dramatically as she propped her head on her hands and leaned forward against the bar. She dragged her fingers around in a few patterns on the woodgrain, her toe kicking the space in front of her.

Her attention was pulled away from her pouting when the colorful shot rested in front of her. "Hmm?"

Looking up, Jessie caught wink at her before speaking her name. She offered a grin and a chuckled, looking over the shot in front of her.

"Why are you working back there, Roach? And what's in this drink?" Jessica asked as she pulled out her phone, taking a picture of it for keepsakes.

"Come join me?"

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 10:19:12 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

“'cause i like it.”

roach leaned on his elbow against the bar, taking a load off but still not on the right side. he was enjoying the feeling of work when there’d been depressingly little at ritual as of late.

“it’s got grenadine, crème de menthe, galliano, rum, ‘n love.”

when she got her phone out, roach took quick action ahead of her. looking around himself briefly to make sure no one important was watching, he reached out with a silver lighter, rolled the wheel and sent a flame whooshing across the green surface in a bright burst. it was fun, and flaming shots always made for better pictures.

he sighed lightly at her request. “yeaaah, alright, fine. twistin’ my arm.”

he poured himself a unovan bourbon and then went to lean again. this time, the bartender was looking. he heard a ‘roach!’ and looked over, catching a finger gesturing in a circle around to the other side. roach shook his head and begrudgingly made his way there to sit next to her, but his grin didn't leave.

“how ya been, trouble?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2021 21:39:35 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie raised one of her tinted brows at him, unable to hide an amused look on her lips. "Love? Just for me? Or do you tell that to all of the ladies you make drinks for?" she asked, pursing her lips at him in a pout.

"You know I like to be special."

She leaned back as he interrupted her picture taking to light her shot on fire. A soft but equally excited "ooh" came from her as she grinned and took a video of it, hoping that she'd get some good snap shots from the footage.

However she waited to take her shot for him to sit beside her, raising it in a silent cheers before tipping it back in one fluid motion. Jessica rested the glass back on the table. "I can taste the love for sure. Thanks, Roachy."

Her grin grew wider when he finally sat beside her. Jessie turned herself in the chair to face him, resting her chin on her hand as she leaned against the bar. "Busy making money, but what's new? Oh, I was sent to rob a place recently too. That was an experience," she confessed, perhaps too loudly for a public area.

"Have you been up to anything yourself?"

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 8:06:23 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

every single one of them, and surely she knew as much, being the entertainer that she was. still, his drawl was like sweet molasses through teeth too smirky to be losing so much money.

“just you, darlin’.”

he watched her take the shot, chuckling at her feedback and dismissing it over the lip of his own glass, “yeah, yeah… don’t tell the other girls.”

the mention of rocket assignments caught a small wince, as his eyes idled across randoms in the bar around them, avoiding her for a moment. he wasn’t grateful for being in the ranks. in fact, he felt imprisoned by them.

“an experience.” his walnut gaze found her again, the glow in his grin somewhat diminished. “huh.”

after a moment, the edge of his hairy mug curled higher once more. whatever brief cramp had just occurred was gone.

“ahh, same ole same ole. holdin’ down ritual—” barely. “—‘n all that shit.” see: criminal activity that actually kept the lights on. with its lack of business, roach figured ritual’s ability to remain open for so long might’ve been suspicious in itself. these days, the speakeasy below saw more traffic, and its profit was next to none. rocket had literally moved into his life rent-free.

“been kinda slow, since the whole fire fiasco, but we’ll get ‘er back. it ain’t over.”

his rough hand spun his whiskey on the bar, before he took it and rotated towards the floor. shrugged off worries and focused on the quality of their environment, a vision of willfully high(proof) spirits.

“fuck all that, though. what’re you gettin’ us into?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 4:15:21 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie allowed herself to believe his words, even though deep down, she knew she was just another girl coming around. At least she had this friendship with him, where she was comfortable teasing him and having him play along back with her. She enjoyed his company.

"Lips are sealed, as long as you keep spoiling me and continue hiring me to perform for you," she said with a sly wink.

After her brief exposure of her identity in Rocket, Jessica noticed Roach look around almost warily. She gave him a questioning look before it hit her, that maybe she should have been a little bit more careful with things.

Not everyone could be so friendly.

In her defense, she was still getting used to the whole Rocket thing.

"I have full faith that you'll bring her back, better than ever. I only work for the best." She tipped her empty shot glass at him, to emphasize her point. "Mark my words, it's going to be an amazing rebirth."

Jessie played with the rim of the glass, making an innocent face. "Why are you assuming that I'm getting us into something? I never cause any trouble when I'm around," she said, pursing her lips. "But what say you we raise some hell and live our best lives? I'll let you pick what we do too, if that convinces you."

She immediately contradicted her innocence.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 23:43:58 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

roach enjoyed her company, too. his eyes narrowed a little—not in an unfriendly way. smirk grew. she had no problem piercing the illusion, just to fuck with him, but he’d never once been under any impression that he was special—he just had a good imagination, and knew how to make fleeting visits in fantasy without staying too long. he functioned well like this. it fed a void.

“you got it, woman.”

he chuckled, eyes leaving her again to scan the crowd as he brought the whiskey to his lips.

the support in her words softened the wolfishness in his face. “yeah, i ‘preciate that jessie.” a sigh. “it’ll come along.” would it?

she then informed him that it would be his job to navigate the course of the evening. raise some hell and live their best lives.

“sheit. raise hell, she says.” he laughed. “alright. devil drinks liquor.” with a turn and a few fingers up, two shots were soon being poured in front of them. “i say we get drunk first, ‘n then figure it out.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 20:27:09 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica gave a genuine smile, abandoning her drink on the bar for a moment to throw her arms around him and give him a tight hug. She laughed softly before releasing him.

"Anything for you, Roachy. I'll be your best woman through all the repairs, if I have to."

As if to emphasize the point, she flexed her arm to show her bicep. "But don't ask me to do any work on the place. I'll probably break something."

The shots are filled, and Jessie's laughing again at his comment. What was she if not a trouble maker?

"Damn. I'm going to get fucked up tonight, yeah?"

Stronger alcohol didn't pair well with Jessie, but she wouldn't turn it down. Not if she and Roach were going to go have fun and raise hell.

"Was my idea..."

She took the shot, making a face as it went down. Jessie stuck her tongue out, sighing loudly. "Gods, that's strong."

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:47:39 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

feeling her body brush against his was always nice. he smirked, relishing in the moment before she let go of him again. a throaty chuckle escaped him.

“i don’t doubt it.”

a hand reached out to squeeze her bicep as she presented it, his smirk only curling more. “look a' that. yer gon’ kick some ass ‘fore the night’s over, ain’tcha? better put them guns away, ‘fore we get kicked outta here.”

his crooked grin flashed like a wolf under a full moon, and he took the shot with her.

“yeup. give that a minute,” he suggested, sitting back from the bar again with an audible, contented sigh.

and he really only meant a minute—enough time for the burn to settle before he craved it again.

”so where you dancin’ at this week?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 16:10:46 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
When Roach touched her flexed bicep, it wasn't much to feel. Jessie worked out, of course, but her arms were not her strong suit. It was all her legs and lower body that were her pride and joy. However, he indulged her with his compliments, leaving her giggling.

"Pow, pow. I'm armed and dangerous!"

She relaxed once the taste of the shot settled away, though she kept her tongue poking out of her mouth as she decided to stick it out at Roach.

It didn't take long for her to request another one, waving down the bartender and getting her glass refilled.

"You know that like Roman or Greek themed club around here in Slateport? They requested me. A lot of high class people go there, so I'm expecting some big tips this week," Jessie said with a sly smile.

"Other than a few nights there this week, I'm in my usual places. Why, you wanna come see a show?" She looked at him expectantly.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 12:24:46 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

he grinned, jaw knocking back a little as though he’d been shot by her ‘guns’. “that you are.”

when she ordered another shot, roach did as well, but he’d wait for her.

“oh, that one.” he knew of something like that, closer to the upper district. “hell yeah, getcha that good money.”

at the mention of a show, he smiled, and it curled at the edges deviously.

jessie, he drawled, turning towards her and leaning in an inch to fix her with a warm gaze, “now, would i ever give you any kinda answer that wadn’t a ‘yes ma’am’?
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 2:21:33 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
It burned again. But this time, she didn't make as bad of a face as she did the first time. Maybe the first drink that Roach had given to her and the previous shot were kicking in, making her throat a bit numb to the intensity of the alcohol. It was definitely a bad sign for her.

It meant she was getting used to it.

"You know I had to ask! I need to know which club you'll be at so I can make sure to keep my girls off you." Jessie snickered.

"You know how they like to snatch people like you up. Those bitches. They oughta know who's man belongs to who!"

She slammed her hand against the table several times to emphasize her point, causing the glasses to shake on the table. It made a few eyes turn toward her before they averted back to whatever they had been doing.

"A bunch of Mandibuzzes, that's what they are." Jessie couldn't help but laugh. She loved her sisters that she worked with, but she wasn't afraid to call them out on what they were.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 6:12:47 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

roach tossed his head back a little with the shot. when the glass hit the counter again, he grinned at her, shaking his head. “woah, woah, now. i never said i needed savin’.” not from her girls, anyways. but he leaned in a little further, his reassurance about as easy to see through as a window. “’sides, you know my eyes are on you.”

her pounding on the bar was a little wild, but it didn’t bother him. he hardly noticed the eyes glancing over at them, or the way the drinks sloshed a little. weak bar? this was why he had solid mahogany.

at the call-out of her coworkers, he shrugged. “hey, gotta make yer money. life’s about takin’ hold of opportunities. early bird gets the worm.” he took a sip of his whiskey. strippers were like car salesmen, descending on the possibility of a profit with a smile, but when both parties were staring at one another like a ripe unfezant, it was especially important to know who was really the prey.

“but i am a loyal patron, jessie, you should know that by now.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 3:40:40 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica was just messing with him. But, she appreciated his loyalty to her all the same. Well, as long as she was present.

When she was gone, he could see whoever he'd like. It wasn't going to bother her if he saw other dancers or strippers.

"I know you're a loyal one. I'm picking on my girls. They just like to snatch up pretty faces when they can."

She chuckled to herself, humming as she looked between the glass and Roach.

"Say, Roach... have you ever been caught up in family trouble? Been the black sheep and all that shit?"

Jessie wouldn't say she knew much about his personal life. However, the more intoxicated she got, the more bothered she got thinking back to her father's appearance to her club while she was working.

Accusing her of defiling her family's name and being a stain. She tapped her finger against the table, pouting.