294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
ain't gonna live forever [s]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 19:25:21 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

”’course it is,” he replied with a smirk, pulling the plate back towards him.

he leaned in closer over the food, taking another bite and then looking up at her. once he’d chewed and swallowed, he declared jokingly, ”what can i say? i got taste, darlin’. it’s why people buy things from me.” sandwich designer, salesman.

and really, maybe not for food (though his palate was perhaps shockingly refined), but there was some semblance of truth in it, still. roach was a man who thrived on knowing about the best things someone could acquire.

”how’s yours?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 5:25:54 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie laughed into her food. She had to admit, he had great taste. It was indeed true.

"Do you say that to all the ladies you pick up?" she teased, raising a brow.

Her burger was practically dripping. The sauces and the juiciness of the meat were enough to make her hum again into her food as she swallowed the bite she took.

"Really fuckin' good. You want some?"

Though, it probably looked like a sloppy mess. Probably a bit unappetizing, if not for her intoxicated mind.
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 14:08:41 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

”ah, i try not t’ brag usually.”

he took another bite of her his burger, gravy slopping onto the plate some. he followed by dipping a fry into the puddle and folding it into his mouth.

after, he assured, ”nah, thanks. you eat yers. i’ll finish it if you don’t.”

another bite and a beat, and he shifted.

”so what’s yer favorite spot this side o’ town?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 16:04:32 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie planned on finishing all of hers, which she did before delving into her fries. She loved to eat.

"When I'm not working, there's a café I like to go to. They have a bunch of Eevees and Eeveelutions there, that I think they find as wild or strays wandering around. It's so freaking cute. There's also some really cool clothing shops in the markets around here."

She paused to sip her drink. And breathe.

"At night, though, there's a really cool rave spot not too far from one of my main joints. Neon paint and everything. It's fun if you like that sort of thing."
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 13:18:01 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

roach wasn’t disappointed, he just didn’t like things going to waste.

the corners of his lips curled at the edges of his last few bites as he listened. he’d meant places in the world of nightlife, but when she began to talk about her daytime visits, he felt endeared.

what was more, was that the brief mental note of eevees close by even washed away at the thought of his business impacting one of her favorite places.

actually seeing the effects of his actions? nah.

his warm eyes gazed at her as she continued. soon enough, she was giving him an answer he could do something with that evening. what he’d been looking for.

”alright. let’s go there next.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 0:12:19 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie seemed surprised that Roach wanted to go to a rave with her. However, she was not opposed at all. She smiled, standing up after the bill was taken care of.

"Alright. Can I put paint on you, then? I never thought I'd see Mr. Roachy glow in the dark."

She giggled at the thought, leading the way to the building it was held at. Jessie was all too excited as she entered, waving her hands at Roach to make him hurry up behind her. She arrived at the paint station, as she called it, an array of glowing paints in front of her.

"You can paint me too, if you want," she said with a wink.
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2022 2:01:38 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

roach had been to a rave or two in his youth. the criminal enterprise he had grown to take over had seen a long history of many various revenues, some of which had once thrived in slateport’s party scene.

he chuckled at the body paint request. ”yeah, why not.”

they made their way to the building. her waving did little to speed him up. roach was a leisurely walker.

when they got inside, he took it all in. it gave him memories, both fond, and most certainly otherwise. there were reasons he’d cut out certain areas of the old business. he had a heart, for instance.

the paint glowed, and he grinned at her, teeth just as bright in the black lights as he picked up a brush and some pink and got close, leaning down in to start his work.

”i ain’t much of an artist, but i’ll try.”

he liked art, truth be told, and he was meticulous in his application, soon switching for yellow.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:05:56 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Excitement was clear as day on Jessie's face as she watched Roach pick up a brush and begin painting her. She had no idea what he was putting on her - Arceus forbid he paint a dick on her - but the bristles tickled.

She tried her best to stay still. Tried.

She even kept her eyes closed as he worked, not wanting to ruin the potential surprise of the decoration that he was adorning her.

"Are you done? Can I see?"
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 2:45:06 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

he was focused and tried his best to keep his hand steady, and did an okay job.

”stop movin',” he muttered, one squinted and lip in his teeth in focus.

after a few minutes, it seemed that he was satisfied with his work—at least as much as he would be. ”yeah, okay, now ye can look.”

though the colors were bright and warm like daytime, he’d decided to paint a moon and stars that swirled all over.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 19:05:59 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie huffed, as if she had the audacity to, and tried to wait patiently as he finished painting her skin. Her eyes were closed, but not squeezed shut to prevent wrinkled from crossing her skin and messing up his work.

"I can?"

Opening her eyes, she turned to look in the mirror, looking over herself. The moon and the stars shown bright in the black light, as if she was emitting her own light.

"Ooh! I love it, Roachy!"

She turned back to him, grabbing a brush of her own.

"Your turn."
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 5:30:02 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

at her reaction, his look of concentration gave way to another smile. ”good!” and now it was his turn?

”agh...” he started, beginning to turn her down, but giving in after only a moment. ”alright, fine.”

he got into place, leaning down to her level and doing similarly as she had and closing his eyes, his expression pulling his skin as smooth as it could be. facial hair would surely be an obstacle.

”but don’t draw a dick on my face er nothin’.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2022 23:52:15 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Me? Draw a dick on your face? C'mon, Roachy, I'm not mean."

Sure, she was mischievous, but after the beautiful work he managed to do on her, she wanted to do the same for him. Jessie used a variety of colors, oranges, yellows, greens, blues.

"Alrighty. You can look."

He didn't have as much surface area as her to paint, given his facial hair, but Jessie wanted to match.
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 1:31:50 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

”sure, sure. that’s what they all say.” pretty faces.

he was as still as he could be while she went to work on her technicholor masterpiece. when she was done, his eyelashes fluttered open and he looked into the mirror.

”looks great!”

it was cute. he grinned.

”what now?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:43:09 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Now?"

Jessie grinned, taking his hand and pulling him along with her. The music grew much louder the further they went, toward the group of people in the middle.

Bodies writhed and moved to the beat of the music, individuals drowning out any worries in the world. There was nothing but movement and enjoyment in the throng. She turned to him, snaking her arm over his shoulder.

"Let the music tell you what to do, Roach."
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 19:56:59 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

this took him back. to the bright lights and dark corners of his youth. the loud music, the drugs. foolishly carefree days, alongside a thrill-seeking business partner. they were fresh on the scene.

it reminded him that he’d always seen diego’s death coming, even in those days.

roach knew the two step and line dances, and that was about it, but insecurity didn’t occur to him. he was here to have fun. to be fun for her, after witnessing her distraught display earlier. he wasn’t all callous. quite on the contrary, actually—he just didn’t always know how to express it. when people were sad, the best he could usually do was try to cheer them up.

”i’m doin’ my best!” he defended over the music. and honestly, it wasn’t all that bad. ”i think it talks t’ you better!”