awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
ain't gonna live forever [s]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 2:48:47 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie rolled her shoulders as she shrugged. It was a fact, she thought. Of course she had taste. She wouldn't waste her time and company on anyone or anything.

"I say I have good taste. Look at my company," she said, her eyes scanning Roach as he put away his cigar.

He may protest and disagree, but she wouldn't hear any of it. Her eyes glanced over the menu until she found something that seemed to peak her interest.

"And who's fault is that? I walked in and was hit with a drink!"

Of course she wasn't upset. Jessie's laughing about it before her finger taps the spot on the menu where she found what she wanted to eat. A burger that looked like it wouldn't even fit in her hands, with a side a fries.

"This one looks good. I'm gonna starve if I don't get it."

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 14:32:31 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

roach smirked, knowing that the quality of his company was most certainly a matter of opinion. while he was well-liked around the lower district, he had a reputation for being something of an unsavory character—much more-so, lately.

”that’s sweet of ya, jessie.”

he grinned crookedly at her defensiveness.

”yeah, yeah. it’s called a kind gesture. ain’t my fault ye can’t hold yer liquor.” he shook his head, teasing her still.

Once she’d decided on something, he encouraged, ”getcha one, then.”

When the server approached and greeted them, roach began, ”yes ma’am, can I get a cheeseburger with bacon, jalapeno, pepperjack, gravy and a runny egg, please, and a water with lemon.”

’mhm.’ the older woman, donning an unkempt bun and a floury apron and labeled ‘noreen’ turned then, pen at the ready to tiredly jot down whatever it was that jessie wanted.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 15:27:59 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Roach listed his order, which made her practically drool because that sounded just as good as what she wanted. Jessie began to reconsider, but she stuck with what she wanted.

"I want the double cheese burger with everything pictured here, please. Like. Everything."

The woman gave her a quick glance over and a chuckle before saying "alright, dear" and jotting her order down. The menus were swept away, and their orders were taken to the back to be cooked.

Jessie's hands tapped on the table excitedly.

"Can I try a bite of your burger? I'll let you have some of mine," she offered, licking her lips expectantly.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 4:33:46 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

jessie had an appetite, not unlike most drunk people. roach chuckled as well, but to be fair, they were good enough to gorge on.

he chuckled. ”atta girl.”

once everyone was done making unnecessary comments on what jessie wanted to eat, the server left.

”sure, why not.” he leaned back in his seat, taking up space with a lazy grin. ”long as you promise’a gimme my food back once you decide you want mine instead.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 21:00:41 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie couldn't help but offer a cheesy smile at his praise. Was it for the amount of food she ordered? Or perhaps for not backing down when she was given looks comparing her body size to the amount of food she ordered?

Well, she really didn't care. She just relished the compliments that she was given.

"I'll give it back. I just want to try it, is all!" she insisted, her lips tilting in a small pout as she gave him some sort of innocent look.

Though it seemed Roach knew better by now.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 2:03:10 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

”sure, sure,” he grinned, gaze passing briefly over other tables and booths, faces—a quick, casual scan before his easy-going smirk settled back on her again.

it lingered there for a long moment in silence, slowly curling a little more by the passing second.

”you got some eyes on you.” he chuckled finally. ”you know that though, don’tcha?”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 2:47:11 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie was not paying attention. In fact, she was drinking her water, which was probably a good call for her since she was already past her tipping point. Hydration was important with alcohol.

She looked up from her straw, her brows raised before she glanced around. Some of the heads that were staring at her dropped or turned away, while others...

Well, they made it rather obvious they were staring.

"Stare all they want... I just got my eyes on one fellow tonight."
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 3:17:13 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

it was amusing. he’d been looking more for familiarity in faces. someone like roach had to stay alert at all times.

but, he had noticed looks. jessie was beautiful. of course, there would be.

”’n ain’t i lucky.” he grinned, chin nodding towards her. ”it’s those two eyes on yer pretty face what i’m talkin’ ‘bout, doll.”

drinks were set down in a bit of a hurry, and their floury-aproned server was off again.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 3:40:47 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Of course, she hadn't understood what he meant the first time. When he made it clear that he was talking about her eyes, Jessie felt her cheeks grow warm. They tinged pink, matching her hair.

"You like them? I've always heard how strange they are..."

Jessie rested a hand on her cheek, batting her lashes at him. But a smile crossed her lips.

"I like it when you call me pretty..."
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 5:39:49 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

“don’t look strange to me.”

it was cute how well she matched now. he bit his tongue lightly and watched her turn. women in her profession were notoriously difficult to make blush. maybe he was special. probably not, but he relished in it anyways.

he picked a lemon wedge off the side of his glass and squeezed it in his palm over the water.

”well, i’ll keep doin’ it, then.”
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 15:05:12 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie smile grew wider, blinding even when Roach complimented her again. She loved the attention and being called pretty.

Her mind screamed "give me more," but he didn't need to verbal cue to do so.

"Thank you, Roachy. You know how to make a girl feel special."

She hummed as she sipped her drink, distracted as she heard footsteps heading their way. Burgers were presented to them, hot and fresh.
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 6:41:17 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

”i do my best.”

the hum of her voice was cute, and he didn’t interrupt it. food distracted immediately, though, and he was making some kind of noise of approval. something like, woo, baby. you know i ain’t ever ready for it.”

the old woman shook her head and walked off, looking exhausted but with the small twitch of a smile.

”looks good, don’t it?” roach lifted his burger almost immediately, soon wiping gravy from his mustache and nodding, mouth still full.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 16:05:48 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
When Jessie spotted the burgers, her mouth began to drool. She sat up straighter, having to restrain herself from taking them from the plate immediately.

"Fuck..."

Maybe she said that too loudly as she took a bite into her food, but it tasted divine in her mind. Her eyes flicked up as he wiped some gravy from his mustache, laughing to herself.

"I want some."
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 7:23:47 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

roach raised eyebrows at her a little. ”hm?” oh. he’d been hungry and forgotten.

the way she asked was cute.

wiping more gravy from his mouth, he slid over his plate. then, he grabbed a fry off her plate for tax, watching for her reaction to his creation.
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 16:58:23 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
He complied, remembering his promise to her. Jessie made a pleased noise, almost like an excited squeal, as he passed over his plate. She took his burger and took a bite.

And it was as good as she expected it to be.

"Mmm... that's really good..."

Gravy smeared against her lips, close to dripping to her chin as she licked it away. Jessie was tempted to continue to eat it. But it wasn't hers, not, was it? She offered it back to Roach.