thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 13:05:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He doesn't get an answer to his texts so, not unlike a persistent girlfriend, Gavin's next step is to show up at 's front door. The lights are off and there's a chance nobody's home, but he won't give up without trying.

He knocks, because that's the polite thing to do, before raising his voice.

"If this door doesn't open and I find out you're home, I'm kickin' it down."
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 13:53:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
No answer. At least, just for long enough that might consider kicking down the door for real.

Then it would creak open, just a crack, one large blue eye peering out at him.

Not Chu-e, but Prince, the Gardevoir looking vaguely relieved. The poor pokemon looked haggard even if the house was in pristine condition. Surprisingly. Worryingly.

He'd point Gavin down the hallway towards Chu-e's room.

Where Gavin would find his counterpart in the dark, sitting not on his bed but on the floor, only the faintest slivers of light peeking through the window. A purple and gold craft box with the lid off, a few yellowing papers laying in front of him. His phone was on the desk and not even flashing; completely dead.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 14:01:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He does, in fact, consider kicking down the door.

I can pay him for the damages; I just need to know if he's OK.

A deep, steadying breath is taken before the door opens to reveal a haggard-looking Gardevoir that Gavin nevertheless recognizes.

"Prince. Hey."

He offers a grateful nod when he's directed down the hall and finds his best friend in one of the most upsetting scenes he could've imagined. How different he was from the silly, light-hearted idiot who'd licked a rock for the sake of a joke.

"What are you doing sitting in the dark like a fuckin' vampire?"

But there's a straining note of worry in an otherwise teasing tone. Gavin would flick the light switch if he could find it before sitting cross-legged in front of .

"What's up?"

He gestures at the craft box, a silent question.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 14:09:29 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Much like the vampire accused him of being, when the light was flicked on he winced. He glanced up at Gavin and thought about scowling or making some joke but his heart just wasn't in it.

Chu-e was... well, he was normally very clean and neat. He liked to shower and take care of himself after so many years on the streets. But, today, Gavin would find that his hair was lanky and greasy, skin splotched and a few patches of acne trying to pop up. His clothes were wrinkled and dirty, too. Deep bags under his eyes and skin paler than normal.

"Just reading." Soft and empty. A slightly gaudy wedding ring was being worried between his fingers.

Chu-e was hiding the papers from Gavin so he could look if he liked. It was all wedding memorabilia. Specifically, Chu-e's.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 14:13:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Unfortunately for them both, Gavin's not the best at comfort.

Or being subtle.

"When's the last time you showered, man? No, fuck that. When's the last time you ate?"

He clearly wasn't taking care of himself.

Noticing the faded wedding memorabilia and the old wedding ring, he guesses, "Arthur?"

A name he knows, even if he'd never known the man himself.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 14:21:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e doesn't know so he doesn't answer. His stomach clenches around nothing but hunger is just a part of him now. It's easy to ignore.

"Our anniversary wasn't that long ago. I was so busy with Sootopolis that I forgot."

A paper is moved aside, showing a picture of Chu-e and the mysterious Arthur. He's taller than Chu-e, many people were, lanky and white hair. They're leaned together at a small later. This was before Chu-e was sick, he's still got muscle, and the way they smile shows that maybe neither of them were used to doing it.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
little talks
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 22:48:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 13:13:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's brow lifts as his gaze falls upon a familiar figure.

"I recognize him. We never met, though."

Gavin had been a nobody back then, a small fish lost in the ocean that was Hoenn during Silas' attempted takeover.

It's equally strange to see how Gavin remembers him from the Kanto days, healthy and muscular and full of life that Rocket would soon rob from him. It hurts to reconcile the image of his frail, suffering friend with that of what he could have been.

"What happened?"

Where was Arthur now?

bingo prompt 1/4 - nostalgia
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 18:42:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I don't know. I just know he died." The picture is picked up, Chu-e rubbing his thumbs over the edges as he stares into it, eyes somewhere else.

"He died sometime after I 'went missing'." A small sigh before he puts the picture back down. "I came back to Hoenn to find him. I didn't know he was gone till I got back."

And what a difference that would have been. If he had known Arthur was dead... would he had bothered with Hoenn at all? Or would he have lived out his days in Kalos?

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 0:41:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Ah."

He never quite knows what to say, in dealing with loss, yet — he thinks he's understanding more, as of late. She wasn't dead, but the finality of it all certainly left him feeling bereaved.

"That's — a shitty way to find out."

He reaches out and rests a hand on 's arm, a quiet comfort.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 8:13:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I came back to an empty house and I was dying. I was too chicken shit to reach out to my family, so I was all alone."

Chu-e's voice was getting thick, a wobble in his tone.

"Sometimes I wonder if I only went back to Rocket because I was lonely."

A sniffle, a tear down his cheek, which was wiped on the back of his hand. Chu-e doesn't move 's own, the touch comforting in it's weight.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 17:26:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Ah, fuck.

Once, Gavin might've found himself disgusted by the waver in 's tone or the wet glimmer of his gaze. Now, his discomfort is more rooted in uncertainty than disdain. He's never been the best with emotions. Not even his own.

But Chu-e is his best friend, so he has to try.

His hand remains, squeezing slightly.

"Doesn't matter why you came back, man. All that matters is you're here." Chu-e's done a lot of good for Rocket, Gavin thinks. Slowly, steadily, they're steering the organization away from the demons of their past. "You're not alone anymore."

He thinks of the Soiree, of the crippling emptiness he'd felt in the throes of a nightmare, and thinks he understands to a degree.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 21:00:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e sniffles again, his cheeks taking on a rosy hue as they color with his tears. His eyes are wiped again but it doesn't stop the steady drip that starts down his cheeks.

"Errie is gone too, Gav." Is what he manages to get out, voice tight and high. "What if I got them killed? What if it's my... my...." And he breaks, curling in on himself slightly, raising his hands to hide the worst of the tears. It all comes crashing down. He never cried like this for Arthur. He never even cried like this for himself. For his lost pokemon. For his lost life. For what little he had clawed for being taken from him again, due to sickness.

Something has shattered inside of Chu-e Choi.

( mention)
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 22:24:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Rapidly things go from bad to worse.

"No," Gavin insists, firm but not cold. "None of that, man; she's a kid, kids do stupid shit like this."

He'd made his fair share of dumb mistakes as a kid but when he'd run off, he'd not had a parent worried sick about him. They'd always made him find his own way back and punished him for the inconvenience. Did know how lucky she was to have ?

Desperate to comfort, Gavin thinks of how holds him close whenever he's upset and wraps an arm around his friend's likely trembling shoulders, loose to give Chu-e the option of pulling away if it wasn't what he needed.

"We'll find her," he insists, "or someone will, and they'll bring her back, all right?"

And if they didn't, Rocket would make them.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
little talks
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 1:03:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Weak, wobbly, Chu-e leans into 's hold. Thin fingers grasp for his shirt as Chu-e pushes his face against his friend's chest, hides his face and starts to make wet tear spots on his clothes. His thin body shivers and shakes as he heaves in deep breaths, tries to get control over himself.

Gavin does his best to reign back the spiral that Chu-e is going down, an laudable effort, but for the moment it's too late. It'll take a bit more before he's able to get his head back on.

"W-what i-if they left b-because they realized they h-hated me?"

For a sad moment, Chu-e doesn't know what's the worse outcome: That his husband and adopted daughter died and it was his fault, somehow, or that they both realized they despised him so much one would fake death and the other run away. If that were the case, would it even be worth it to hunt down?