Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 19:48:02 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Every day the news is sprinkled with the ever-growing hum of legendary sightings. New avatars seem to be popping out of the woodwork. Puppets, the lot of them.

It’s frustrating to read. There are mixed feelings between a desire for strength but absolute independence. So far, her encounters with avatars have been less than ideal. She’s been a victim to the darker side. Being fused with the powers of a deity is unnatural, and their intentions unclear.

One thing made the pit in her stomach grow. Not jealousy, but fear. They are powerful, too powerful. But no one is invincible.

“Ridiculous,” she hisses, tossing the front page of this morning’s paper across the counter before reaching for her coffee again. There’s a lovely picture of the AQUA Initiative members spliced together like a superhero team, ready to take on what ‘evil’ lurks past the strange happenings in Hoenn.

It encourages the public to worship them like gods. They’re not, they’re just human.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 20:22:57 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Killian stared at his computer with red and blurry eyes. Various applications related to the measurement of sound showed on the screen. Another all-nighter, and he's no closer to figuring out what sent him and Lulu that cry. Spectrograms, Sonograms - nothing he could think of proved useful.

"Fuck." he yawned, arms stretching above his head as he leaned back, chair squeaking against his weight. The sunlight shining from the windows of his office said it was time to take a break.

He stood and headed to the kitchen. From the hallway outside, he heard Lex vent her frustration. The hiss in her voice made him consider turning back around. He almost did, worried he'd say something stupid because of how tired he was but decided against it.

"What's ridiculous?" he asked, stepping into the room and making his way to the cabinet with the coffee mugs.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 20:31:47 GMT

The sound of his muffled footsteps down the hall drags her way from her thoughts. There’s a small frown creasing her red lips as he enters the kitchen. Another all-nighter. He looks like shit, but she doesn’t say anything.

The sharp scent of her PUMPKIN SPICE coffee creamer pierces her nose as she goes to take another sip, tilting her head as she swallows. A brow raises as she keeps her gaze fixed on him. She ignores the question and broaches a much more important subject, “Babe, you have to sleep. You can’t keep doing this,” she motions towards him as a whole. She’s worried about him, that much is clear in the tone of her voice.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 20:46:17 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Hm.

She didn't answer the question. That can't be a good thing.

Killian grabbed the first cup he saw from the cabinet. A decorative mug with a flock of Unfezant and autumn leaves on it. He doesn't go for the coffee yet, remaining by the open cupboard with the glass between his hands.

"I'll sleep once I figure this out. I'm close." it's a good thing he's got his back to her. Otherwise, she'd be able to see the lie written on his face.

With another yawn, he moved to the coffee pot and poured the liquid gold into his cup.

"Promise, Dove."

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 20:59:53 GMT

Lex lets out a long sigh, shaking her head as he focuses on pouring the coffee into the UNFEZANT mug. Her finger gently drum against the side of her own in silent contemplation. He’s tired, probably easily irate, does she push it further?

Of course. When it came to Killian, his well-being superseded everything in her eyes. Pulling all-nighters staring at the computer was certainly not good for him, “You’ve been saying that for weeks, Killian. You need to rest. What if you miss something because you’re just too tired to see it?” The details of his search are unknown to her, she just knows it’s important. Something extraordinary he and came across. It’s enough to cause an obsession. Lex doesn’t pry into the details; she’d rather not know what he’s up to with that bitch. It’s very familiar though, she’s not stupid. She’s seen him obsess like this before, especially when came to a certain subject in particular.

Her lips tighten, and her amber eyes flash back towards the paper on the counter, “Is this all about Deoxys again?” her tone is flat, bitter. A tension rises similar to the air that weighed on them in the elevator at the space center before they stole the meteor.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 21:19:21 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Caught in a lie like a deer in headlights, he's silent. What's there to say? She's right. He looks around for the coffee creamer instead. They had vanilla flavor around here somewhere, but he can't find it. He'll have to settle for Pumpkin Spice instead.

Looked like @ari would be getting her wish after all.

"Is this all about Deoxys again?"

Ah, there it is. Even tired, he wouldn't be able to miss that sour tore. She really had it out for the alien, didn't she? He couldn't figure out why either. Once he got it they'd be safe - secure.

"Don't ask questions you know the answer too." though dull, there's an edge to his voice.

Killian turned to face her with a frown.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 23:00:40 GMT

He chastises her like a child. Sure, he’s tired, but a simple ‘yes’ would have been more appropriate. Instead, a heat rises, flushing her cheeks with a subtle, rosy hue. The grip on her coffee mug tightens slightly, physically releasing some of the building tension.

“Don’t talk to me like that, Killian,” her gaze narrows, amber hues taking on a slightly colder appearance.

She doesn’t have anything against the alien, it’s hard to have feelings towards something that is still an enigma and just a dream. What she dislikes is his obsession over it, “Killian, you need to take a step back. It’s killing you,” her hand motions towards him again, referring to his disheveled appearance and the dark circles shadowing the brilliant blue of his eyes.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 2:18:18 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Killian sipped his coffee, noting the rosy tint of Lex's cheeks that warned of an oncoming storm.

"You're being dramatic".

He shouldn't have said that. The second it left his lips he regretted it. But the exhaustion ran amok on his filter.

"We need this and I won't stop until we get it."

He couldn't stop. It was all for her sake. Why couldn't she see that? Why didn't she understand?

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:00:45 GMT

Dramatic?

The heat rises to dangerous levels. So much so, that she stands. The stool grinds against the tile in a loud, dramatic fashion. The tension in her jaw loosens to speak, “Dramatic!? Killian, look at yourself!”

She didn’t ask him to do this, opposite even. She’d ask him to stop. What good is safety and security when he suffered in the process? They are fine, secure, and safe with each other. She steps closer, there’s a pleading in her gaze as she locks it with his, “Please, Killian,” please stop.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:12:29 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

Killian sat his coffee on the counter. "Okay." spoken plain, matter-of-factly and without hesitation. But it's a lie, and an obvious one at that.

"That's what you want to hear, right?

What'll make the argument end so he can go back and work on what needs to be done.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:27:27 GMT

Lies.

The room grows colder. Despite the heat of the cup radiating into her palm, a chill runs down her spine.

“Don’t lie to me, Killian,” the thumb of her left hand instinctively fidgets with the ring on her finger, “What good is any of this if you’re not here, with me, to enjoy it?” she knows him well enough to know why he searches so desperately, “We don’t need it. We’re strong enough, together.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:37:34 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

His frown turned to a scowl. Lex meant well but the way she expressed her concern heated him from the inside.

"You don't think I can handle this?" the anger carried him forward, placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Just say that instead of beating around the bush."

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:54:22 GMT

The weight of his hands on her shoulders is heavy, only made heavier by the accusation her makes. She abandons the coffee cup on the counter to lift both hands, placing them gently over his forearms. He could handle anything. He’s the strongest person she knows. He knows that.

“Of course you can – but is it worth it, Killian? All this?” her hands squeeze his forearms, concern bleeding through her voice.

No, it’s not worth it.

“What’s the end game? What happens if you find it?” If. Not when. She’s skeptical the accounts don’t hold much weight. The multiverse is an endless void. Who knows where this creature could be?

And if it did heed his call . . . what its intentions could be.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 16:59:18 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

"It is."

Killian's convinced of it. He has to be, otherwise what was the point of all this? All his effort wasted and for nothing?

He frowned. No, he refused to let that be true. To entrain the possibility that such a reality existed in the first place.

"The end game?" he took a deep breath, cooling the heat bubbling up inside. His right hand found its way to her cheek, gently cupping the rosy flesh in his palm; he offered a tired smile. "To protect you, of course. That's why I'm doing all this." Couldn't she see that? He craved power not for himself but for her - for them.

"When I find Deoxys, I'm going to ask it to help me do that."

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Puppets [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 17:16:22 GMT

His hunt for this creature has been exhausting – for the both of them. She’s sick of seeing him like this. Nothing is worth this, especially when it’s unnecessary.

The warmth of his hand settles on her cheek. She leans into it, she misses this. She closes her eyes.

Of course, it’s about her. The answer never changes. She didn’t ask for any of this. She doesn’t want him suffering at her expense. Couldn’t he see that?

Lex craves power, strength in a similar manner. There’s too many things in this world that have tried to tear them apart and she refuses to sit back and let them anymore. Seeking legendaries is a dangerous game, “You really think it’s just gonna . . . help you? Just like that? Without wanting something in return,” her lids peel back, ambers finding his blues again, “We’re strong enough, together, Killian.”