30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
i'm blue da ba dee da ba di
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 8:31:18 GMT
avery avila Avatar

rockets, though they may have a strong presence in hoenn, still operate above the purview of law. there comes a time where every rocket needs to change their identity. it can be for any reason; ranger raids, revenge, or even the sneaky suspicion that they're being watched. as for avery though...well she doesn't really know.

cora's the one who told her to do this, and when does avery care about what cora's problems are? all she knows is that she needs to cover her ass, and if she needs to switch around her looks for a little bit, so be it. cora's ditzy but she ain't stupid.

she picks through the various assortments of plastic rectangles and tubes, utterly confounded by makeup. half of this shit is unfamiliar to avery, but she knows at least what lipstick is. she gravitates to the blue one. it's a rich, deep blue, like the color of the ocean. avery starts unwinding it, so much that it may break if nudged the wrong way. she does not notice its precariousness.

"so how does this shit work again? you just put this on your lips?

close tab

played by

Evan

she/her
July 24th
Alto Mare, Johto
Bi
Model & Fashion Designer
Grunt
unrestrained
can't be tamed
19 height
19 height
il buon vino non ha bisogno di frasca
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cora
Cora Valentine
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 22:04:42 GMT
Cora Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","corigid"]
[attr="class","corigidw"]

Cora had certain skills that could be put to use by Rocket in a whole menagerie of ways. For example, she'd lost count of the married men she'd slept with in order to blackmail them into providing her money - money that, of course, went to the great goals of rocket. And a little bit towards new shoes.[break][break]

Another one of those skills she was good with was whenever people wanted to disguise themselves. Unlike pokemon, people couldn't obscure themselves as easily as a Zoroark's illusion could. But with Cora around, they could get pretty close! Plus for girls like Avery, to whom make-up seemed like something unthought of and forgotten, it doubled as an important life lesson in looking good and, in turn, feeling good.[break][break]

She did have to try really hard not to laugh at the way Avery was holding the lipstick tube, though.
"It's lipstick, not a Zigzagoon, Avery, you don't have to hold it like it's about to bite you"[break][break]

"But yeah, you just put it on. You wanna try or do you want me to do it?" She raised a perfectly-threaded eyebrow above an eye covered in enough eyeshadow and mascara to paint a small village. "You're lucky you've got such pretty lips."[break][break]

Was it flirting? Was it sarcasm? Was a compliment? Was it mocking? Yes.[break][break]

[attr="class","corigidtag"]

[newclass=.corigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid b] color: #f55a8e; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #f55a8e; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f55a8e; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f55a8e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f55a8e; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f55a8e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4668b; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

cila

n/a
she/her
twenty-two
may 13
mauville city
bisexual
thug
grunt
single
5 height
5 height
welcome to my twisted mind.
awards
30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 0:58:15 GMT
avery avila Avatar

avery was good at a lot of things. she was good at running (away), stealing, and all that typical criminal stuff. she didn't really care for politics, like most of the rockets around her. that was above her pay grade. cora was someone who excelled and might be up in the ranks one day, and avery begrudgingly applauded her for that. better her than me, avery thinks.

"...shut up." avery says, pursing said lips, though it had no sting behind her words. her face burned, and she's sure that cora could see the bloom of red on her cheekbones from the compliment. cora is teasing, but flirting is still flirting.

"just wait until you see them up close."

avery glances away and offers the lipstick to cora. to her perfectly manicured hands and pretty eyeshadow and mascara. she's still new to this 'friends with benefits' thing. to avery, it's both weirdly enjoyable and also torture...feelings are weird.

"since you're so good at it, i'll have you do it."

close tab

played by

Evan

she/her
July 24th
Alto Mare, Johto
Bi
Model & Fashion Designer
Grunt
unrestrained
can't be tamed
19 height
19 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cora
Cora Valentine
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 20:36:52 GMT
Cora Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","corigid"]

She grinned at Avery telling her to shut up - it was almost cute coming from her little blue-haired delight. In a way, when she said that, it was a lot more charming than any romantic line she could have thrown at her. What could she say? Cora had a thing for the feisty ones.[break][break]

"I'd love to, and you know that" It's said alongside a wink, and spoken entirely in truth. Cora may have been a slut - and a proud one at that - but she didn't flirt without meaning it.[break][break]

She took a moment to fetch a chair for herself and move it in front of Avery, so they can sit just about knee-to-knee to each other. She took the lipstick in her hand and leant in, just a few centimetres from Avery's face, before putting her free hand under the young woman's chin and hold it, gentle and firm, to stop any wobbliness that might lead to unbalanced application.[break][break]

"Don't move too much, amore mio, and keep your mouth just a little open"[break][break]

As much as Cora loved make-up and took it très seriously, it was hard to not just smooch Avery's nose or squish her cheeks like the pouches on a Skwovet. Having a little power over her like this was far too tempting.[break][break]

[newclass=.corigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid b] color: #f55a8e; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #f55a8e; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f55a8e; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f55a8e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f55a8e; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.corigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f55a8e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.corigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4668b; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

cila

n/a
she/her
twenty-two
may 13
mauville city
bisexual
thug
grunt
single
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 7:53:17 GMT
avery avila Avatar

"well, let's see it then." avery says, slightly pouting. cora was always true to her word, but avery was starting to get impatient. their flirting sometimes dragged too long, a game of push and pull until one of them finally broke. often, it was avery. she just didn't have the patience to tease.

cora pulls up another chair, and they sit across from each other, knees touching. she licks her lips in anticipation, feeling her breath hitch when cora wraps her fingers around avery's chin. in response, she reaches to lay her hands on cora's knees.

"ffinne." avery says through pursed lips, keeping very still as cora gently draws on her face. it's a foreign sensation, and she resists the urge to lick her lips again. avery's heart pounds, and she feels it rush in her ears. her grip on cora's knees tighten.

when cora's finishes, avery straightens, looking at herself in the mirror. cora drew the lipstick on perfectly, lining her lips as if they really were that color naturally. and this shade of blue does fit her aesthetic. deep, electrifying. avery can't help but grin a little bit. she's giddy. "it's...nice." she says, unsure of what to say or how to really react. "what d'you think...?"

maybe this was growth, but perhaps this makeup thing wasn't so bad after all.

close tab

played by

Evan

she/her
July 24th
Alto Mare, Johto
Bi
Model & Fashion Designer
Grunt
unrestrained
can't be tamed
19 height
19 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cora
Cora Valentine
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 22:45:50 GMT
Cora Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","corigid"]

"If I showed you now we'd never make it out of the store"[break][break]

She was aware that Avery got impatient like a little kid - it was something she adored about her, in fact. That made saying no to her all the more fun - Cora treasured the times where things could be draaaaawn out. So often her flirtations were a hunt for just one evening, a couple hours, never to be seen again after the sun rose. But she saw Avery much more often than her previous flings, so she could take time and tease things out. It was cruel, and it was delightful.[break][break]

The younger rocket keeps as still as promised while Cora applies her lipstick, though Cora can see in her face and in her every sinew how much she wants to move or fidget. It makes her smile - reminds her of herself as a kid, when she was learning how to clumsily put her face on with her mother's makeup.[break][break]

Cora watches her watch herself, stands up to stand behind her. She's positively beaming.[break][break]

"Me? I think it looks gorgeous, tesorina. It suits you beautifully. You look very grown up"[break][break]

It sounds condescending, but it's true - it removes a certain girlishness from her, no matter how much Avery's hard edge tries to mask it. Cora often felt she was the opposite - maturity masked by ditziness. [break][break]

"What next, hmmm~?" She taps her fingernails against the mirror's frame in thought, then disappears quick as a bolt - the idea hits her at the same time as the sound of the click-clack of her nails does. Not long after, Cora returns with acrylic nails, laid out delicately in a set, and much longer than would be convenient. "Wanna try these?"

close tab

played by

cila

n/a
she/her
twenty-two
may 13
mauville city
bisexual
thug
grunt
single
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 22:34:19 GMT
avery avila Avatar
tesorina and amore mio. cora had a penchant for nicknames, and avery couldn't deny that she'd grown attached to such affections, even though she didn't really know what they meant. she didn't want to ask either, for risk of looking...stupid. cora could be insulting her and avery wouldn't have known. but she knows cora wouldn't do that. she'd tell it to her face.

cora's compliments sound patronizing, and avery wasn't afraid to hit the ball back where it came from. "not sure if i wanna look grown up. i'm not an old lady like you." avery says, sticking out her tongue. she nearly ruins the lipstick, but manages to barely evade smudging, for now. it's only a matter of time, though. she'll need some time to adjust. or maybe she should just use a really nice lipstick.

"what the fuck is that?" avery looks at the nails cautiously. they would definitely get in the way of her jobs. she'd probably poke her eye out of she weren't careful. her lips twist in disgust before her eyes widen, suddenly lighting up with a new idea.

"can you sharpen those? like claws?"

close tab

played by

Evan

she/her
July 24th
Alto Mare, Johto
Bi
Model & Fashion Designer
Grunt
unrestrained
can't be tamed
19 height
19 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cora
Cora Valentine
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 21:32:20 GMT
Cora Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","corigid"]

Cora laughs when Avery strikes right back, and she laughs hard - it's positively unladylike. But she can't help keeling over and standing back up with a face-wide grin at being called an old lady. If anybody else had said it, she might give a polite, curt little fake-laugh if she wasn't allowed to cuss them out, but otherwise it'd be pistols at dawn. With Avery, though? It was far too funny, to see her little blue-haired treasure hurling such cruel insults. Mostly because she knew she didn't mean them, just like Cora didn't mean hers.[break][break]

She leans in close, just barely beyond teasing - at another time, she might've planted a hard kiss on her right then, but for now Cora kept things pleasant - just a gentle tickle of her lips against Avery's cheek. A tiny, neat smooch. A promise of more, silently, later.[break][break]

She almost dies laughing again at Avery's adverse reaction to acrylic nails.[break]
"They're nails, dumbass" She wiggles her own in her fellow rocket's face. "You think I have the time to paint my nails every single day? These are just stick-on ones, super simple. Although..." She takes Avery's hand, scans over the younger grunt's fingers for a moment. "Your short nails are much more useful in certain situations, hm~?"[break][break]

At the suggestion, she leans back, pauses. A finger taps on her chin. "Huh... I bet you could. A whole lot more fashionable than carrying a knife around."[break][break]

That being said, you could get some really cute knives.[break][break]

"Come on, try them on! For me?"

close tab

played by

cila

n/a
she/her
twenty-two
may 13
mauville city
bisexual
thug
grunt
single
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 2:15:27 GMT
avery avila Avatar
cora's laugh echoes in the room, nearly keeling over from the force. avery smiles in response. not a kind smile, but a crooked, playful one. if avery had said that when they first met, she'd have said it with a lot more venom laced in her words. and cora would probably be at her throat. but instead, they just enjoyed their their game of teasing and insulting...for now. it was a welcome change to the toil of daily rocket life.

cora leans in for a kiss, ever so gentle, as a sign for what's to come later. avery doesn't move, letting her lips linger for just a moment. her cheek tingles from the touch, and she licks her lips. she was getting hungry, and she wasn't going to wait much longer.

she momentarily pushes that thought to the back of her head at the sight of the nails. cora waves hers in front of avery's face, just as manicured and pretty as the other ones. ''oh, i thought you just woke up at ass crack in the morning everyday." avery says. cora's next comment, unfortunately, passes right over her head. she leans forward onto her palms, humming thoughtfully.

"yeah, like lockpicking and stuff? also i feel like if you broke them while fighting or something, it'd kind of hurt."

avery perks up at the prospect of having little tiny claws, though she tries hard to mask her excitement. cora could probably see right through it. "oh fine. you're cute when you're begging." avery snickers, with no small amount of affection in her voice.

she splays out her fingers. and wiggles.

close tab

played by

Evan

she/her
July 24th
Alto Mare, Johto
Bi
Model & Fashion Designer
Grunt
unrestrained
can't be tamed
19 height
19 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cora
Cora Valentine
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 22:35:55 GMT
Cora Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","corigid"]

It certainly was more fun than rocket life. Even for Cora, who played at crime like a doll's house, the missions and everything became tiring. Little games like this, with Avery, where everything felt all so much and at the same time not enough to be frightening - it was perfection for a flighty child like Cora could be.[break][break]

She rolls her eyes loudly as her euphemism about short nails flies over Avery's head, and she has to try her very hardest to not reach forward a squeeze the younger woman's cheeks, to run her hands through her hair.[break][break]

"Yeah, like lockpicking, sure."[break][break]

Cora could indeed see through her attempt to not seem excited, and can't help but grin when her begging is called out. "You say that like you haven't heard me beg before, kitten" and she opens the pack of acrylics like she's done it a thousand times before - and she has. She takes them from the pack, applies them to Avery's wiggling digits and trims just a bit off the end.[break][break]

"You look so cute all dolled up like this, you know. And not like cutesy-wutesy cute, but like, hot. You could do my job!" A little white lie, of course - Cora wasn't sure someone like Avery would ever be able to reign themselves in long enough to model or design. But the smile that played on her lips suggested an addition - Cora preferred it that way. After all, who would her tesorina be if she was reigned in and calm? Nowhere near as exciting or fun to play with, that was for sure.[break][break]

"We should go get ice-cream or something after this. Maybe a coffee?"[break][break]

Cora says it with a little glint in her eye, as though she doesn't know exactly where they'll end up going after so much teasing. It was nice to be mean, sometimes, though.

close tab

played by

cila

n/a
she/her
twenty-two
may 13
mauville city
bisexual
thug
grunt
single
5 height
5 height
awards
30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2021 9:02:16 GMT
avery avila Avatar
cora's nicknames for avery didn't hate the same for her like kitten did. "hmm...maybe i can try it again. soon?" she purrs, and watches as cora easily flicks open the pack of acrylics. they're so long that they slightly curve, like a cat's claws. but luckily cora clips a little off the end each time, the click of the nail clipper echoing in their empty room.

"pfft, yeah right. i'd also rather get my ass beat than do all of...that" she says, taking an acrylic filled nail and motioning towards cora, and makes tiny circles with her finger. "plus, people are telling you what you gotta look like and wear. i don't understand how you'd like that." she says. avery is no stranger to how modeling works, thanks to cora. she'd rather be free. explore, fuck off. anything but listening to someone else's orders.

at the mention of ice cream, avery suddenly stands, her stomach rumbling. cora didn't need to ask. "duh! let's go!" she says, not bothering to specify which. cora's teasing was a game to her. she stands, brushes the dust off her clothes (begrudgingly noticing that it was slightly harder to do so), and makes her way towards the door. avery doesn't bother to look at whether cora would be behind her or not. she's just excited to get outta this stuffy room.

close tab

played by

Evan

she/her
July 24th
Alto Mare, Johto
Bi
Model & Fashion Designer
Grunt
unrestrained
can't be tamed
19 height
19 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cora
Cora Valentine
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 21:15:32 GMT
Cora Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","corigid"]

She grins, a silent you bet your ass you can. Why say with words what she can say with her eyes, after all? Cora watches Avery's finger in amusement, so long and delicate with the tips in acrylic that it almost seems foreign for her little blue-haired firecracker's usual style.[break][break]

"Hmm... that's truuue, but it's not like they can tell me to do stuff I don't wanna do. I never do things unless I really, really like them" She smooches Avery's forehead and then, like a mother, licks her thumb and rubs off the faint traces of lipstick that stuck to the younger woman's skin. "Not to mention when you look like me, you don't have to take so many shitty jobs with asshole clients. Natural beauty and all that, ya'know?" It hadn't been quite that easy, at the very beginning, but Cora didn't want to impact how other's thought of her - especially not Avery.[break][break]

Avery's off like a shot at the mention of ice cream, and Cora stands from her spot as well to follow her. She shuffles past her at the doorframe, just brushing chest past chest as she does so. She turns back to face her briefly. "If you're well behaved and don't smudge your lipstick, maybe I'll reward you with something else delicious to eat"[break][break]

She doesn't give it time to sink in before she heads off, heels clicking against the floor and waiting for her tesorina to follow.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 2:14:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: