skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 16:36:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skycaptain"]
Skyler wakes up to the sight of a starlit sky above her head. There's something digging into her back and her mouth tastes, weirdly, of dirt.

Shit, what did she drink last night? Day? ...Afternoon?

She's halfway expecting to find a small collection of empty liquor bottles when she finally decides to get somewhat upright, but reality fails to meet her expectations.

"Great..."

Not only there is a distinct lack of any booze, or the evidence thereof, but it appears she's in the middle of fuck-nowhere, surrounded by tall trees with reaching branches - and, she notices with a frown, an overabundance of moss desperately clinging to her clothes. What is most alarming, however, is the lack of a splitting headache and the fact that no matter how hard she tries, she can't seem to remember the past... however hours.

Which would've been fine and great if she'd been nursing the mother of all hangovers.

But she isn't. This is something else altogether.

Blinking past the confusion and disorientation, Skyler checks her clothes and her pokeballs. All accounted for, thankfully.

Calling forth Boneling for some much-needed light, Skyler looks at the generic stretch of woods she'd found herself in, bathed silver by an ominous full moon.

'Might as well try to find some way outta here...'

From the shadows, something watches.

mission: here
bingo thread: wolf & lamb
bingo prompt: full moon

[newclass=.skycaptain] [/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain b] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain i] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 23:28:55 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
200 for
Well this was embarrassing.

He normally stuck to the paths, but at some point it looked like he’d wandered off. The canopy in this part of the forest was surprisingly thick, making flight difficult. The light of the full moon still peeked through enough to cast silver freckles on the grass, mixing with Indi-Indi’s soft blue glow. Strangely though, Locke couldn’t pin down the moon’s exact location.

More disturbingly, his Probopass was having trouble orientating herself as well.

Apparently unable to sense north, Probo-Probo had sent her mini-noses in every direction in search of an exit, only for each to return unsuccessful. Except for one. The steel type turned towards where the her nose was last seen, disappearing into the undergrowth.

“Over there?” Probo-Probo slowly led them through the trees until they reached the missing drone. The mini-nose seemed to be peering through the bushes at something. It briefly turned towards Locke as they approached, before darting past the foliage and out of sight again.

Locke hurried to follow it, nearly tripping through the underbrush to catch up. When they finally finished disentangling themselves from the bushes they were surprised to find the mini-nose orbiting a familiar face.

“Oh! Skyler!”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 19:47:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Trees and wooded areas in general, Skyler had long since decided, were her natural nemesis. This conviction was only further cemented when she came upon the same clearing where she'd initially woken up - for the third time.

"This Arceus-damned piece of garbage forest..."

Something akin to a growl escapes between tightly gritted teeth, frustration etched into her movements as she all but charges through the foliage, stomping down any and all unfortunate greenery that dares stand in her way (including a poor apricorn she'd kicked out of sheer spite).

Remnants of her struggle with the wilderness hang limply from her unruly mane of hair - which only puffs up even more when she runs her fingers through it.

"What is it, Boneling?" The Alolan Marowak has turned around to peer at something and Skyler follows his gaze, suddenly alert, into the darkness that gathers between tree trunks.

Out of everyone the captain could bump into in the woods at night, Locke is probably at the very bottom of the list. So when his smaller frame steps out from behind some bushes, it takes her brain a while to process the information.

"... Locke?" Her voice is suitably befuddled. While the mini-nose had surprised her, and she'd tried to attack it with her fist (not a particularly bright idea; thankfully it'd swooped out of the way), that had not been as surprising as Locke's sudden appearance. "What the hell are you doing in here? At this hour?"

To be fair Skyler herself doesn't know the time. She can see the moonlight, but not its source; and the smattering of stars have since faded into the velvety black sky above.

bingo prompt: apricorn

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 22:46:20 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
180 for
The mini-nose, apparently satisfied with whatever assessment it had given Skyler, turned its attention to her Marowak, and the other two followed it to swarm the ghost type. All three circled around the Pokémon in dizzying patterns as they inspected it, hovering just out of reach of its club.

“I do overnight deliveries too ya know! And I’m pretty sure it’s stranger to find a sea captain out here than a mailman.” Locke pointed out while giving their leg one last tug, stumbling forward as they broke free of the bush. They picked out the twigs and leaves embedded in their jeans as they continued, “Although, come to think of it, I’m pretty sure the sun was still out when I left Lilyco-”

Snap.

The sudden sound of twigs breaking behind him made Locke jump, and even the mini-noses abandoned their strange dance to cower behind Boneling. He half-turned to face the darkness they’d just come from, casting wary glances back at Skyler. Indi-Indi, ever-curious slowly floated forward to light up the undergrowth before its trainer could call it back.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 21:19:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"...Touché."

Skyler's smile is rueful as she replies to Locke, though it is worrying that she's found herself in the middle of fuck-nowhere with an unfezant-sized hole in her memories. And, worst of all, with no booze.

"To be honest, I have no idea how I got here. I woke up right over there," and she points in the general direction of where she thinks she'd woken up, "and I don't remember the last few hours. I've been wandering around in circles for some minutes now."

The last thing she remembers is skirting the edge of Lilycove after leaving her parents' house. And then... nothing?

Snap.

Whatever relief had surfaced at the sight of a familiar face quickly drains away. Instinctivelly, Skyler's fingers drift to where she usually keeps her blade, only to touch empty space. 

Gritting her teeth in silent frustration, Skyler steps forward to put herself between the source of the sound and Locke, silver eyes peering suspiciously at - well, darkness. 

"You didn't by chance notice anything or anyone following you, did you?" Her voice is but a breathy whisper, but it seems to echo strangely amongst twisting tree branches. Boneling steps forward too, apparently taking it upon himself to protect the mini noses.

"Boneling, scout it out." 

The Alolan Marowak doesn't go far; but he doesn't have to. With a twist of his arm, his flaming bone is sent on an arc between the trees, illuminating all sorts of plants.

And two wide, luminous eyes that disappear into darkness not a moment later with an ominous giggle.

"Fuck."

Please, Skyler pleads with fervent desperation, everything but ghosts.

bingo prompt: unfezant

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 23:27:51 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
110 for
“Uh, no!” Locke answered, voice high and eyes wide.

Indi-Indi quickly backed away in surprise, hiding itself in a rock-hard shell and dropping to the ground with a thunk at it’s trainer’s feet. “Probo-Probo! Cover us!” At the Probopass’ command, her mini-noses flew forward to surround the group with a Wide Guard while Locke rushed to pick up his frightened Minior.

With one arm occupied with a shivering star, he reached into his bag to find a Pokémon better suited for a quick escape, only to find it empty. Of course he’d been robbed on top of everything else. “You wouldn’t happen to have something that can Teleport, would you?”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 15:33:23 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Uh..." Skyler isn't in the habit of bringing her full array of pokemon with her when she goes to her parents' house. Most of them stay behind in the Sotally Tober or populating the stretch of sea that surrounds Lilycove.

Quickly fumbling around in her pockets, the captain is dismayed to learn that her options are far more limited than what she had been expecting. She isn't sure what's inside the pokeball she fishes out of her pocket (along with a small bottle and some lint), not until it's released onto the wild.

Seabutt wiggles in place, looking completely out of their element and probably wondering where the ocean was.

"Only these two, I'm afraid." Skyler sighs deeply in frustration before bending down to cradle the small sea urchin in her hands. She keeps an eye out for whatever had been hiding behind tree trunks, watching shadows play behind the closest trees.

Wait- Was that movement?

"Keep close, Locke." She doesn't finish his name before a giggle echoes between tree branches, with no discernible origin. It seems to be everywhere and nowhere at once. But somehow closer - too close.

Seabutt throws up a PROTECT just in time to catch a pulse of energy that cuts through the night, dissolving it into sparkles of pink. Skyler immediately takes a few steps back, swallowing a foul curse behind gritted teeth. 

A shiver runs up her spine when another giggle manifests right behind her.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 19:56:18 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
140 for
She didn’t have to tell him twice. Locke shuffled as close as he could get to Skyler, clutching the back of her shirt like a lifeline and flinching at the subsequent attack. “Probo-Probo! Find it!” he squeaked from behind the captain.

The mini-noses fanned out, hovering around the area in search of their assailant. Three stopped at the edge of the tree line, each Locking-On to a different bush or branch. The last…

The last nose didn’t move, just turned and stared at them-no,

behind them.

A flash of light met Locke as they turned around, brighter for having spent the better part of an hour in pitch darkness. In the ensuing blindness, something slithered and wound itself around their leg, yanking it out from under them to send the courier crashing to the ground with a sharp yelp.

“Skyyyleeeer!”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 20:24:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Locke!"

She's nearly too late, spinning around just in time to watch the postman crash onto the ground. Instinct kicks her into motion, kneeling down to grab onto the dark vines wrapped around Locke's leg - before they can pull them away.

"You okay?" The constraints prove far tougher than Skyler had expected, and when she raises her head to look for familiar wisp-blue flames, for help, her eyes find something else entirely. "Wha-"

Flickering lights at the edge of the clearing, growing nearer.

After a few seconds of uninterrupted staring, the captain's eyes dull into hazy complacency, pupils blown unnaturally wide. Her hand grows slack, motionless, as her face loses all animation.

A tendril slithers up to the captain's leg, as if testing the waters.

Forests where Shiinotic live are treacherous to enter at night. People confused by its strange lights can never find their way home again.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 20:18:36 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
115 for
”My leg! There’s something-” Locke cut off with another shout, as more vines suddenly whipped out and engulfed them up to their chest. The plant matter glowed an unnatural white, and they felt the Strength Sap from their body as the Shiinotic one-by-one revealed themselves. And Skyler-

Skyler was trapped too, by some unseen bind.

The mushrooms atop one of the wild Pokémon released a flickering, white powder near the pair, further exhausting Locke. Desperate, he muttered one last command before the Spores took hold and dragged him into deadly slumber:

”Magnet…Bomb…”

It emits flickering spores that cause drowsiness. When its prey succumb to sleep, this Pokémon feeds on them by sucking in their energy.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 13:43:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler blinks. Once. Twice. A rising sense of urgency wars with a hollow complacency that has spread to her lungs, her muscles, her brain.

Blink. Somewhere in the distance she hears two muttered words, recognition welling into disquiet as the haze is momentarily lifted from her eyes. Blink. Darkness falls over her vision, rushing all at once to smother a spike of adrenaline. Blink. Lights flicker, lulling her into a cursed sleep.

Whoosh.

The tethers that had wrapped themselves around her leg - and around Locke - lose their strength with a chorus of agonized screeches. Silver eyes snap awake at the wall of wisp-blue fire (Fire Blast) that sweeps the distance between them and the Shiinotic, followed by Boneling's war cry.

"Shit... Locke? Locke, you okay?"

Locke's uttered command isn't heard, but its effects are felt soon enough. Energy slams into the ground and explodes violently outward. In that sliver of time Skyler's instincts take hold, and the captain surges forward to shield Locke as the earth rumbles under them. 

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 2:16:30 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
160 for
BOOM.

Locke jolted awake as one mini-nose slammed into its target, sending both a Shiinotic and the branch it was hidden in crashing to the ground.

BOOM.

Another mini-nose found its mark amidst the brambles, clearing the undergrowth in a small radius around it and exposing the clump of Morelull underneath.

BOOM.

Dirt and grass rained around them as one nose revealed a Shiinotic hiding beneath the earth.

BOOM.

The last of Probo-Probo’s mini-noses exploded behind them, just beyond the wall of blue flame between them and their captors. Locke peeked out from underneath Skyler, heart pounding with adrenaline, but found it impossible to assess the damage form this angle.

Nonetheless, it did the trick. What Shiinotic remained quickly scattered until the two trainers were alone, seemingly free of whatever spell the Pokémon had held them under.

Locke let out a sigh of relief, though it came out as more of a long wheeze while crushed beneath the older woman.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 13:16:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She was supposed to protect Locke from the ensuing explosion, not crush them under her larger frame. The wheeze that escapes from Locke's mouth, however, seems to indicate the latter. And the explosion hadn't even been big enough to actually warrant the protection.

Whoops.

Skyler leans back, allowing the younger postman some breathing room while she surveys the surroundings. Bereft of creepy mushroom creatures, whatever veil had fallen over their senses is lifted and the sounds of the surrounding city trickle in little by little.

Her perception shifts in a dizzying way. What had seemed like a neverending expanse of green shrinks, buildings rising from beyond its edges in almost every direction. The quiet of a deep wilderness replaced by the sounds of chatter and distant honking cars.

They aren't in a forest. Although trees still surround them, it quickly becomes very obvious that they're actually standing in the middle of what appears to be a public park. A big one, but still.

Skyler has to do everything in her power not to curse out loud.

"Err, sorry 'bout that." Reaching down, Skyler would offer Locke a hand up and offhandedly dust their shoulders. Well, nothing to do about it then. She'd have to report this to the local authorities.

Later.

"D'you want to come over for dinner?" Might as well, it's the least she can do after this mess of an afternoon... evening? "Angelo's cooking some Alto Marean pasta dish. It's delicious." 

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 1:05:42 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
119 for
Locke flipped over onto his back as the world shifted around them nauseatingly. Trees turned to buildings, the previously eerie silence was filled with the distant sounds of city life, and the stars above faded under the light pollution of a thousand street lamps.

Watching it made his head pound, so he closed his eyes until the illusion had fully faded and Skyler had finished helping him stand.

Their growing headache and worn out body protested any activity after wandering around in apparent circles for several hours, but curling up alone in a tent outside the city felt like too miserable an end to the night.

And some Alto Marean sounded really good right about now.

”…Yeah. Why not.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
big bad wolf [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 8:57:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: