awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
next day shipping [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 2:41:11 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
the wise man

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
knows his fate

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
while the fool merely finds it

[attr=class,bulk][break]Tasked with playing the part of a newly recruited member of Team Rocket, Derek waited at the destination for his partner to arrive. Having never met before, there was no telling whether or not their little operation would go smoothly.

[break][break]

Wearing a beanie along with a few other cosmetic changes to obscure his face and hair, nobody should be able to finger him as the old gym leader of Petalburg, or a member of the ranger association. But to keep up the false identity during this undercover op, Derek also forfeited his usual team of pokemon. Probably not the best choice, considering who he was dealing with. And yet it would look pretty bad if his pokemon wouldn't obey an order based on their moral values. Or because they couldn't tell it was him.

[break][break]

Fixating his attention back on their target, a pokemon center across the street, Derek made it a point to scope out all the ways in and out. The problem was picking the best one for them to use. Should they prioritize not being seen, or the route that would be the quickest? Part of him even wondered if one of them should head inside for a closer look, rather than trust that this facility was just like the rest of them...

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MISSION: POKE-TRAFFICKING

SLATEPORT UPPER DISTRICT

[attr=class,derekpost8credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/66/0e/xAQZTrQf_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 22px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 22px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

cila

n/a
she/her
twenty-two
may 13
mauville city
bisexual
thug
grunt
single
5 height
5 height
welcome to my twisted mind.
awards
30 posts
avery avila DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cila
avery avila
next day shipping [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 7:49:54 GMT
avery avila Avatar
the rendezvous point was in the upper district of slateport. avery was not happy about the location, but she was willing to compromise for the sake of the mission. as a relatively new recruit to rocket, she was not privy to many of the more interesting missions, not that she really wanted to be. despite her peers excelling and growing around her, she tended to stay a stagnant, constant force among the hustle and bustle of team rocket's new leadership.

she catches sight of her partner, beanie on his head. way to look sus, she thinks. she's not much better - avery sports blue lipstick and blue hair. most would describe her as edgy. not the most law abiding look out there, but what does she care?

"you here for silph prime shipping?" she says, her words carefully hiding crooked intentions. she follows his gaze to the pokemon center. it's the middle of the night, and the influx of patrons checking in have slowed to a stop. it's the ideal time, but they should still make preparations in case something goes south.

"we should probably enter and exit through the back, i haven't seen many people go through there. name's avery by the way."

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
next day shipping [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 8:33:09 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Sounds good. You can call me Jake." Retrieving a pokeball and releasing it's contents, the Klefki that arrived seemed complacent with being here. "Let's go."

Approaching the rear of the building, Jake allowed his pokemon to do it's thing, undoing the lock and gaining them entry within seconds. Did this pokemon already have a criminal history he didn't know about? "Hey-"

As the two enter and observe the backroom, it seems plenty of supplies are in place. A door nearby suggests it leads into the lobby, where some others indicate a place for healing pokemon to rest and another where they likely perform intensive care. "You look in there." Gesturing to the room where pokemon receive extensive care, he of course heads for the other door. The one where pokemon are left to rest. "I'll be in here."