543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
part of the furniture [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 2:05:53 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Surprising even for herself, Remi dresses for the occasion. She looks for her nicest dress, probably pilfered from some rich bastard somewhere in Kalos before she'd made the trip to Hoenn. Some things were hard to let go of, it seemed, and the pretty black dress was one of them.

With a deep breath, she smooths the silky fabric over her hip while her other hand plays at the pearl necklace resting against her chest. She's never really been one for art and art pieces, the wide brush strokes confusing and overwhelming. People put too much pressure and depth into what each colour meant, when chances are, the 'artist' had just slapped it together in a drug haze.

Or maybe she was just pessimistic and couldn't see real beauty.

Remi continues to tug, unaware of her anxious tick, as she stares up at one painting in particular while waiting for the gym leader to approach her.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 2:29:02 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
She looked stunning in that black dress. But Xander's lack of smile and deadpan expression made his appreciation hard to see. He's the same brick wall as usual as he approached from behind.

"Miss Cassel?" it's phrased like a question, but Xander's reasonably sure he's got the right person. Her nerves are easy to read. "I'm ready for our battle. he glanced at the painting that held her attention. One of Xander's landscapes. This one showed the Johto countryside captured in immaculate detail.

"But if you'd like to continue looking around, I don't mind."

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 16:08:01 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
A voice reaches her, and her fingers drop from the curve of her necklace. She smooths her hand over the hip of her dress before it rests at her side. She seems to compose herself, unwilling to be scrutinized or examined.

She even offers a pretty smile.

"No, that's alright. Let's get started."

The woman doesn't even cast a second glance at the mesmerizing, gold-stroked painting as she leaves. Should Xander lead her toward the gym field, she would remain focused wholly on him, letting the art gallery and showcase fade into the background.

Nerves continue to rise to the surface, but not out of guilt or paranoia. Her thoughts continue to reach out for her brother and the promise she had made to him that she'd casted out to the wind.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 22:39:08 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
"Alright, then follow me."

Xander made his way to the arena at the back of the Galla. Behind a golden door, the broad room whose Poke Ball emblazed porcelain floor reflected gym leader and challenger like a mirror awaited them. At the right end of the field, Xander's Ninetales lay, head on her front paws.

She lifted her gaze at the sight of him.

He smiled at the canine and made his way over. Gently, Xander stroked her head before turning round to face Remi.

"As the challenger, you get to make the first move."
close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 23:54:31 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Let's just say, it's a good thing that she's wearing a floor-length dress.

The click of her heels against the reflective, mirror-like floor is therapeutic in a way. She counts the steps to soothe her nerves, and for a moment, she's convinced she can hear the out-of-sync sound of her brother's footsteps walking alongside her.

But when she looks over her shoulder, all she sees is the hulking frame of her Pangoro. She glances away, shakes her head, and looks back to Xander on the other side of the field. Her attention spans down to the man's Ninetales, and she flicks her fingers to allow Bane to take center stage, too.

"Sounds good to me. Bane? What do you say?"

In response to her question, the Pangoro slams his hands together to BREAK THE MOLD before bellowing out a TAUNT. Remi raises her lips and exhales a brief note of amusement. Without waiting for further encouragement, the Pangoro charges into the fray to meet the Ninetales in the middle.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 21:47:43 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839921454543142962/925881093335416832/BBTAG_OST_-_Monochrome_Memory.mp3[/player]

The panda taunts, but Dawn's presence is enough to conjure the DROUGHT of the miniature sun as she stands. Underneath the sphere's solar warmth, every cell in her body vibrated with power.

Ninetales sauntered into battle, invigorated, her tails swaying elegantly behind her. That same grace is carried into her attack.

Head titled at the false sun, energy coalesced into a ball of light inside her mouth. She lowered her gaze to Pangoro and fired. The SOLAR BEAM scorched the very air as it zoomed to its target.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 22:13:45 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
The temperature rises impossibly high, enough that the black dress she wears begins to stick to her skin uncomfortably. She brushes hair out of her face and does her best to not look as irritated as she feels.

The solution to the overheating problem was simple: she just had to win.

"Brace yourself!"

But the Pangoro does one better: he splits the SOLAR BEAM right down the middle with his PARTING SHOT. It may not land properly to hurt the Ninetales, necessarily, given that it had been prominently used to split the solar powered attack in half and leave him singed but otherwise unscathed-- but still.

"Not bad, dude."
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 22:55:09 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839921454543142962/925881093335416832/BBTAG_OST_-_Monochrome_Memory.mp3[/player]

Splitting the attack was unexpected, impressive, but unexpected.

The sinister energy of PARTING SHOT drains Ninetales's surging power with its contact. Ruffling her fur and reducing its brilliant shimmer into a soft glow beneath the sun.

"Go, advance."

Dawn bound ahead at Xander's command. Predatorial in how she leered, hungry for violence at Pangoro. A stark contrast to the regal grace of her stride. Behind the seams of her clenched teeth and locked jaw, flames gathered.

Feet away from her prey, Ninetales jumped, flipping over Pangoro like a skilled acrobat. Soaring overtop him, she unleashed her FLAMETHROWER superheated to melting temperatures by the light of her sun.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 0:20:01 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Bane has been her companion for as long as she can remember. He has been her guardian, her partner, the closest thing she's probably had to a friend. Every day still he manages to surprise and impress her, but it is his gusto that reminds her so much of her brother.

Roman had chosen an incredible Pokemon for her birthday. It was too bad he wasn't here now to see how strong that little Pancham had become. The woman's face contorts into grief briefly before she refocuses on the Ninetales and its next move.

"Bane!"

He grunts in acknowledgement, bracing himself by setting one foot back and crouching. He was unafraid, built like a truck. A little bit of heat wouldn't phase him, even if the heat had been turned up to a hundred. Dragon fire held much the same bite, he could handl it.

And he hesitates only briefly, caught off-guard by the dance moves the Ninetales puts on. It flips overtop of him and he glances up just as he mouth opens to pour swirling flame.

"Hammer arm!"

The Pangoro lifts his arm abruptly, the flames lick painfully against his arm, but he powers through to full-swing into the animal with his arm.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 22:04:46 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar

HAMMER ARM bats her mid-flip, slamming hard against her right side and sending her flying through the air. Dawn hit the ground hard, all her grace dissolving upon impact.

Xander flinched but kept a firm face. One blow wouldn't take his Ninetales down, only piss her off.

"Grrr." Dawn growled, rising. She turned her head back to the sun, gathering power and unleashing another SOLAR BEAM at Pangoro. She continued to fire them, one after another, advancing as she did.
close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 0:43:20 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
He finishes his swing, stepping into it so that he doesn't lose his balance. The immense bear grunts, flexing his bicep and shaking out the lasting energy that buzzes across his ruffled fur. The Ninetales crashes to the ground, unceremonious and devoid of grace. It is satisfying, bringing that smug expression down a peg.

But his confident smirk quickly turns to surprise and horror as he is peppered with SOLAR BEAM after BEAM after BEAM. They come in rapid succession, weaker in intensity but faster in speed. He side steps only one of them, his hulking fram unable to dodge them all. And this time, he isn't fast enough to consider parting them again.

No, he is hit full on with the attack, skidding backward as he braces himself with both arms in front of his face. By the time the attack ends, his fur is sizzling but his motivation and his drive is not dampened. The closer she gets, the easier it is for him to reach her.

But he could make that even better. He TAUNTS her with a lift of his chin and the set of his jaw.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 20:10:09 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar

If her wits were about her and not lost in a sea of anger, she'd be smart enough not to fall for the TAUNT. Sadly, that's not the case. Dawn charged ahead, each of her nine tails coated in a metallic sheen. Lacking grace, all nine IRON TAILS lash out violently in every direction the second she's close enough.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 18:53:17 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
The Pangoro's satisfied smirk lays pretty against his grisled appearance. For just a moment, there, he almost looks every piece the work of art that had surrounded them earlier. He could very easily take up the mantle as a perfectly chiseled piece of stone. Imagine it: Bane the Destroyer, Guardian of the littles.

It's a good look for him.

So is taking this pretty little Ninetales head on as it lashes out with all nine beautiful tails hardened to bludgeon him with. It makes it all the easier to grab hold and not let go. Less slippery, he might say.

"Fly her like a kite!"

And, with a grip almost as strong as iron, the Pangoro attempts to grab hold of one or three of the Ninetales tails with either hand. He wastes no time in pivoting on his heels, grunting as he puts effort into swinging her around and around and around and.. around, only to VITAL THROW her backward across the battle field.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 22:20:32 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar

One rash attack later, and Dawn found herself helplessly gripped by Pangoro. She growled, leaking embers from the cracks of clenched teeth. She struggled to free herself, the air around them growing hotter as more flames slipped from her jaw.

Soon, her world spun in dizzying fashion, and for a second, she almost thought she'd vomit. The panda released its grip, and Dawn sailed across the battlefield, crashing into the wall. Sliding down to the ground, she rose slowly with fangs bared.

Enough!

She barked, firing off another SOLAR BEAM. Though it looked to be sailing straight for Bane, the aim was off, missing him purposely by a hair. Sure his focus would lie on the attack coming at him. Dawn leaped to the right and unleashed a FLAMETHROWER.
close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 17:32:29 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
With a grunt of effort, the Pangoro leans forward to slow his momentum, watching with satisfaction as the Ninetales is thrown into the wall. While it all seems a bit cruel, one had to remember that this was Pokemon, and they were born and bred to battle like this. All part of God's plan.

Bane takes a step forward, chewing on his piece of bamboo absently while he sizes the Ninetales up. Although he breathes heavier and seems a bit battered, he holds his head high and squares his shoulders. Remi didn't raise no pansy.

"That's it, big boy, show 'em how tough we really are!"

They were well-dressed and here to impress. She'd chosen him not only because he was her most trusted partner, but because his black and white fur when properly groomed (which she had done, yes she puts in effort) looked very much like a suit. His slicked back fur was a bit ruffled now, unfortunately, but the effort had been there.

More exhausting SOLAR BEAMS are fired at him, or at least one, and he immediately moves to side-step it. Admittedly, this was an excellent plan. He is distracted by avoiding the most obvious attack that he doesn't have the reaction time to see the FLAMETHROWER. He only has time to lift his arm up and bellow as super-heated flames kiss his sorry hide. Fortunately, he is well-insulated and fire-proof enough that he isn't set on fire.

"Walk it off, Bane. We've got this."

With a slash of both sets of claws, Bane charges with a NIGHT SLASH that extends dark energy in slices toward the Ninetales.