Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 16:41:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

MAUVILLE HILLS - BARNABY's PENTHOUSE

[break]

It was a frigid winter evening, made even more so by the artificial snow falling outside. Despite the festivals and holiday attractions that had popped up in the wake of this phenomenon, Barnaby decided to have a night in with a certain friend of his as company. A time to unwind and defrost, if you will.[break][break]

Cozy instrumental holiday music played in the background. A warm fire blazed in the hearth, casting a flickering glow onto the walls of Barnaby's penthouse. But it was the irresistible aroma that really set the mood: French delicacies of all kinds laid out in the kitchen, which was open to the living room area.[break][break]

Barnaby loved to cook - a fact that very few people knew and even fewer had the pleasure of experiencing. Tonight, though, he didn't hold back. He was feeling a little homesick and wanted to bring some Kalosian flair to their meal. To start, a platter of cheeses, breads, and foie gras was displayed on the kitchen island where it could be casually accessed. An assortment of red wines also stood nearby, while the white wines chilled in a cooler below the counter. Harder options were also available. [break][break]

"Relax, Felix. You're off the clock." Barnaby purred. He looked up at his bodyguard, a playful spark in his icy blue eyes. He wanted to melt that cold expression that always seemed to be on Felix's face.[break][break]

"Care for a drink?"

[break][break]

❤  [break]
mission: festive flirts
[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#80697A;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:6px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:45px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 22:26:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The soft chimes of Christmas bells rung throughout the Mauvilee Penthouse. It circulated and swirled about, caressing the polished tables and meticulously prepared line of treats. For anyone else, the sight and aroma of the apartment might've elicited a feeling of delight. Of Christmas cheer, even.

Felix, however, only felt the tightening coil of buried memories around his throat. The memories of forgotten promises and regrets still plagued his mind whenever this peppermint-infested holiday came around.

Typically, his antidote would be to divulge further into his work. Tirelessly training til exhaustion had always cured away any lingering thoughts, and so, it served as the perfect alternative. Alas, these plans were quick to change with one text.

"...sorry," He apologized. The sound of his name sent a shudder of spiders down his spine. Barnaby always had that effect on him -- a power only a few possessed. Felix's steady golden eyes flickered over to the assortment of wines, then back at Barnaby, a tinge of softness hidden beneath the surface of his stare. "Do you have anything stronger?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 3:23:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Don't apologize, cher."

Softly, gently, Barnaby lifted a hand to caress Felix's cheek. It was a comforting gesture. Without knowing the specifics, the journalist could tell just by Felix's demeanor that he had endured something. Something had caused him to retreat, to deflect. He didn't have to divulge anything, of course, but Barnaby hoped that one day he would feel at ease enough to come out of his shell. For now, he pulled away.

"Do I?" He flashed a shining smile Felix's way. "Mon beau, I have anything you could possibly desire."

Was Barnaby a drunk? No, thankfully not. But he was a socialite that enjoyed a good party. And he was well-stocked for such an occasion.

"Let's see..." The shorter man regarded Felix with a knowing look, bringing a finger up to his lips as he thought. "Cognac, bourbon, ... scotch, perhaps?" He of course had many other liquors to choose from, but wanted to take a little guess first before offering those.
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 5:17:04 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Without hesitation, Felix leaned into Barnaby's gentle hand, allowing its warmth to envelop his icy skin. The hum of comfort melted away any worries of the past and remind him what truly mattered right now: this moment. Because, for at least tonight, he was in the embrace of the only person who made him feel...anything.

A twinge of dejection fiddled with his heart as Barnaby returned his hand to his side. It was odd how the simplest of movements -- of expression --- did that to him. Even the mere flash of his smile plucked at his emotions, one by one, until he felt more than he ever did that entire week. But, as always, every hint of a reaction was tucked neatly behind his expressionless face.

"Scotch." His voice came out tight - like a knot that desperately needed to be unraveled. As Barnaby prepared their glasses, Felix's eyes glanced at the assortment of delicacies that had been prepared. This time, with a softer voice, he spoke out. "Who taught you how to cook?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 19:35:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Within seconds a glass tumbler, filled with the best Scotch money could buy, was offered to Felix. The man's rigid tone wasn't lost on Barnaby, though; however, he took it as a challenge. The journalist poured a second drink for himself, thinking idly, I'll get you to smile tonight, mon chéri. Just you wait.

A soft question pulled him away from his thoughts. He grinned warmly in response and took a sip of his liquor before answering.

"Our cook, Mathilde. A crotchety old woman," Barnaby recalled with a laugh. "But a patient teacher. She sparked my love for cooking and it only grew from there." His eyes glistened and his voice turned wistful as he recalled the past. It had been so long since he'd thought of the woman who had acted as a surrogate in his parent's stead. It felt as if he'd spent more time with her in his childhood than his own blood relatives.

Breaking from this line of conversation, Barnaby reached forward to gently grasp Felix's hand. A familiar, delicate touch, but surprisingly assertive. He pulled the broader man closer, closing the distance between them for just a moment... before turning toward the dining table.

"Come, relax. Let me feed you." He directed, looking over his shoulder with a teasing smirk. Tightening his grip a little, Barnaby lead Felix toward their holiday meal.

The table had already been set with porcelain dishes and authentic silver cutlery. Just before Felix's arrival Barnaby had also laid out the main course: prime rib au jus accompanied by gratin dauphinois and sautéed vegetables.
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 6:20:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A hushed display of gratitude was exchanged for the glass tumbler. Its ice clinged against the glass as he brought it to his lips, curious of it's quality. After the warm liquid slithered down his throat, his gaze lowered alongside the drink, giving it a long hard stare. Its taste was sharp; high quality. It reminded him of work.

Barnaby's voice gingerly cusped his cheeks, raising his gaze back onto him. Despite the impassive expression Felix wore, the blonde's light laugh and glistening eyes plucked at his heart like a harp, eliciting a discordant sound. Such soft feelings always felt like a crime...but that didn't mean he hated it.

The thumping of his heart only quickened as Barnaby's delicate fingers grasped his own, briefly shortening the space between them before leading him towards the prepared table.

Felix perched himself on his appointed chair, glanced at the porcelain plate set in front of him, then nodded. "It looks good." Though, if he were honest, he was a tad concerned about the casserole looking dish. Him and casseroles had a loooong dark history together, and he'd hope a new chapter wouldn't be created tonight.

A knife soon dug at the meat. After it was properly cut, his nimble fingers went to work by bringing each piece into his mouth, one after another, leaving little space in between. "It's been a while since I've eaten something this good..."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 1:19:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Thank you~" The compliment brought a genuine, unabashed smile to Barnaby's face. He would never admit this to Felix, but he'd spent the entire morning and afternoon preparing their meal. He wanted everything to be perfect.

For the rest of their night to be perfect, too.

As Felix tucked into his food, Barnaby watched, a warm grin settling on his lips. It felt nice to share this part of himself with another person. Since moving to Hoenn, the bodyguard was the first person he had truly begun to open up to. Granted, it took a life-threatening situation, but still.

"Please, eat your fill. There's plenty for seconds, too."

Barnaby took a sip of his drink, a few small bites of his food, another sip. Despite preparing so much, for whatever reason he wasn't feeling very hungry.

"When was the last time you had a meal like this...?" He asked, innocent and curious. Well, maybe it wasn't such an innocent question.

Truthfully, he wanted to know more about Felix's past. His demeanor was always so dark and mysterious, Barnaby felt he barely knew anything about the man sitting across from him.

That was probably by design, but given the journalist's personality, he couldn't help but pry.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 6:16:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The question caught him off guard. But that was growing to become a common occurrence with the journalist, as for once...someone was showing interest in Felix and not just his combat abilities. He wasn't sure how felt about it. All he knew was that it made his heart twitch whenever Barnaby dug a little further into his life, especially when he stared back with those eyes of his. Swallowing another mouthful, he glanced back up at his hosts and gave an answer to his question.

"I don't know."

Truth be told, he wasn't quite of the last time he ate food that hadn't been prepared by chef microwave. There were his visits to different restaurants with his supervisor, but he never ate much during those meetings. It didn't feel right to do so.

Subconsciously, the space between each bite began to lengthen after answering Barnaby's question. Almost as if his body was fearing another drought after this meal.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 20:18:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The pleasant expression on Barnaby's face never faltered, even after Felix's admission. He didn't know? It seemed almost pitiable to not remember the last time you'd had a homemade meal. However, he didn't pity the man across from him. If anything, it only spurred on protective feelings on Barnaby's part.

"That's alright. You're always welcome here when you want a meal." He said softly, smiling.

Had that smile even left his lips at all this evening? There was just something about Felix that brought it out.

The journalist took a few more sips of his drink until, with the sound of ice against glass, he noticed he'd reached the bottom. Empty already? Well, that wouldn't do. Rising from his seat, Barnaby went to retrieve the Scotch they'd been sharing.

He poured a generous amount in his tumbler before moving toward Felix. He stood close; a companionable, familiar distance. From here the larger man would be able to see that a rosy blush had overtaken Barnaby's cheeks.

"Refill?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 20:36:52 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
It was relieving to know that his answers never swayed Barnaby away, or discolored his image. Felix was never one to concern himself with the idea of being embarrassed about his own economic status (or lack thereof), but for whatever reason, the more he grew to care about him, the more it became an unflinching worry in the back of his mind.

"Thank you." Despite his gratefulness, his expression remained untouched, however, a more notable change soon came along with his next words. "I wish I could cook as well as you do. My brother would love this kind of cooking."

Felix's eyes followed Barnaby as he fetched the shared bottle of Whiskey from the kitchen. His glass was at a similar state as his, and well, a refill did sound nice. As the other drew himself closer, he took note of the very apparent red tint to his once pale cheeks. It was cute. "Yes please."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 20:52:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
No further prompting was needed. Felix's glass was refilled as asked and the bottle of Scotch set on the table between them. Barnaby returned to his seat, settling in again just as the bodyguard revealed a crumb of personal information.

Barnaby's face lit up with sincere interest.

"Your brother? I didn't know you had a brother, Felix."

With one elbow on the table, he rested his head on his palm and leaned forward.

"Tell me about him." He urged, curiosity sparking in his blue eyes.

Barnaby's dinner had all but been ignored by this point. His drink, however, continued to be steadily sipped on.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 21:14:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The sincere interest that lit his face battered at Felix's heart, nearly taking his breath away. Was he that interesting to listen to? He always thought the opposite of himself, as his inability to express his thoughts left much to be desired.

"Okay." After flatly agreeing to Barnaby's wish, the elder Gallagher leaned back into his chair and drifted in gaze back down towards his drink. Sometimes, when speaking of himself, it was harder for him to maintain eye contact. "His name is . He's around 9 years younger than me? By the time I graduated High School he was still a toddler, so we didn't really grow up together. "

His gaze readjusted back onto Barnaby. The shackles that typically weighed down his words felt lighter than before. Without much change in expressions, he continued. "I only took him in a year ago, but I know he likes to play violin and attend those contests around here. I plan to go to one in January."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 22:13:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"August is such a lovely name." It reminded him of cozy nights in, of watching summer leaves change colors, of cinnamon and warm tea. Barnaby was already forming a favorable picture of in his mind's eye.

"Oh my, that's quite an age gap." Being about 9 years younger would make Felix's brother high school-aged. Just as Barnaby was about to ask if his sibling - and by extension his parents - had also made the move to Hoenn, the bodyguard slipped in a bit of a bombshell.

"I only took him in a year ago..."

Took him in? Guardianship? The thought sent a thread of worry straight to Barnaby's heart. He made sure the tone in his next statement didn't betray this worry, though.

"He sounds like a well-rounded little brother, Felix. He's lucky to have you." He kept his voice light, conversational. But still... the obvious question loomed between them.

Normally Barnaby wouldn't pry since Felix didn't offer the information, but the liquor afforded a little more social lubricant than he was expecting. So after a pause, he continued...

"... what happened to your parents?" Without skipping a beat Barnaby followed with a soft, "If you don't mind my asking, of course."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 18:28:19 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Felix nodded along to the compliments, the reactions, and the light comfort that tied both in a pleasant bow.

Though, as soothing as his tipsy wishes were, he couldn't help but notice the persistent twang of his heart whenever Barnaby, or anyone else for that matter, praised him for solely following through with his obligations. He's lucky to have you, was how they phrases it, but did luck play any part in it? Whether Felix wanted to or not, it was his duty to support August when needed, and to make up where their parents had failed.

When the nightmares returned to infest his dreams and thoughts, this question would often make its way back into his mind, haunting him with the worst possible two-word combination: what if.

What if he had a choice? What if he started to matter, too?

Was this regret? He wasn't sure, and to be honest, he didn't want to know.

"I don't mind," Felix ensured, eyes softening at his expression. Barnaby's conscious efforts were more than appreciated. "They're still back in Sinnoh. Alive and well." His voice was hushed, almost a whisper. Then, for once, his eyes darkened into a gloom. "They just have harsh expectations of us. I didn't want him to be forced to live like that, like I did."

@tag

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 1:46:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Alive and well. Relief spread like a calming wave over Barnaby's anxious nerves. It was always a tightrope walk of social etiquette to delve into someone's past - would they feel comfortable enough to share, or shore up their walls?

Felix was the former, thankfully. He divulged another crumb of personal information... but it obviously weighed on him. Barnaby didn't miss the hushed voice, the dark expression.

"They just have harsh expectations of us. I didn't want him to be forced to live like that, like I did."

A pang of concern shot through Barnaby's heart; it was somehow a physical hurt, spreading through his chest. He felt that nagging urge to console again. Why did that keep happening? It was so unlike him to truly worry about others.

"Come, chéri." Within moments he was there by Felix's side, placing a comforting hand on the man's forearm.

Glancing down, it looked like the bodyguard had mostly finished with his meal.

"Let's get more comfortable. We can continue our conversation on the couch."