played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 2:40:01 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix shuddered at the man's touch. He hadn't noticed just how cold he felt until coming in contact with someone so intoxicatingly warm.

"Okay."

Returning back to his mute self, the bodyguard trudged close behind Barnaby as he led them towards the couches. Without giving many directives, he naturally sat in his typical formal manner--- upright, hands on his knees. He glanced back at his host as if he to ask, 'what now?'

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 3:17:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Another soft smile was given to Felix as he rose from his seat, beckoned by Barnaby's siren call. His hand fell from the other's forearm, instead reaching for his half-empty glass. Before leading them into the living room, he'd be sure to refresh both of their drinks.

Their conversation had turned more serious, after all, but more meaningful as well. Liquor would help ease their anxieties and loosen their lips.

He placed Felix's drink on the coffee table, but retained his own.

In contrast to the bodyguard's formal demeanor, Barnaby leaned back into the plush cushions; his body was languid and loose, but there was a tightness to his expression. Ever since Felix had mentioned his parents.

Barnaby glanced down, seeming to observe the amber liquid in his glass. A finger slowly traced the rim.

"... I'm not sure of everything you endured. But I think I could probably commiserate." He said quietly, still looking down at his drink.

A moment passed in silence before Barnaby continued, raising his gaze to meet Felix's brilliantly green eyes, "My parents also had... harsh expectations."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 19:14:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The tightness to Barnaby's expression hampered his gaze from inching far past it. Did he mention something he shouldn't? His posture stiffened. Parents weren't a common topic of conversation for him - it'd probably been years since he last mentioned them to anyone other than . So, when it came down to it, he wasn't quite sure what constituted as 'too much' and what was just conversational.

These anxieties subsided a bit once Barnaby divulged further while offering his condolences. "Oh." Eyes softened to the man's gaze. There was hurt behind those special blue eyes, and even if Felix had nothing to offer in response, he wanted to be there. To hold him. But he couldn't -- his legs didn't have the strength to push him forward, and his heart still held a pang of fear.

"...What were they like? If...you don't mind me asking.."

@tag

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 2:55:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
At Felix's gentle response, Barnaby's expression softened and his usual smile returned, though a bit more timid than before.

"Of course not. I'm an open book." For you.

Barnaby didn't have much more to hide, after all. Felix was already intimately aware of how both his public and criminal lives intertwined. He was one of the few outside of ROCKET's elite trusted with such privileged knowledge.

It afforded a level of trust that most never achieved.

"They were... distant, yet expected perfection."

His finger continued to slowly trace the rim of his glass.

"And obedience. I... suppose they still do."

Barnaby trailed off and looked up thoughtfully. There was so much more he could say, but he didn't want to put too much of a damper on their evening.

"Familial obligation and all that." He said with finality, chuckling. "Just seemed like something we might have in common."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 21:29:16 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
When faced with the brightest this world has to offer, it can be hard to remind oneself that the other is as human as anyone else. That they express pain, hurt, regret, just as he did. It was this fact that rested on Felix's mind as he intently listened to the unraveling of Barnaby's true, purest self. The self only a few had the pleasure of learning about.

As his words trailed off into a gentle silence, Felix's gaze dripped downward, as the gears of the brain began to churn rapidly, and steam spewed from out his ears. Something, he had to say something of merit, but what?

His jaw fell open. The words rested on the tip of the tongue, begging to be released.

"that's so cheesy Felix," His brother's words came back to him, reminding him of their own personal heart-to-heart. When he tried to offer a response -- something more impactful than his typical straight-to-the-point answers -- that was the reaction he had received. Cheesy. He didn't want to be cheesy.

"...perfect." Strangled and barely audible, the word managed to free itself from the shackles of his worries. Cheesy or not, something was infinitely better than nothing, right? Still, the process of transforming thoughts into words was becoming increasingly difficult for the already emotionally constipated man.

After a long pause, he finally breathed out the end of his thought, "You're perfect as you are."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 1:37:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
What did he just say?

"Felix..." Like the flip of a switch, the red on Barnaby's cheeks bloomed even further. For once, it was him that was speechless and caught by surprise.

"W-what did you say...?"

Flashes of gunfire and blood raced through Barnaby's mind; screams and chaos and overwhelming fear. A crippling nightmare that threatened to swallow him whole... except, inevitably, a black knight always appeared protectively above him.

If anyone were perfect here, it was .

Suddenly the small space between them seemed like an infinite expanse. Barnaby needed to bridge that gap, to be closer to Felix.

After setting his glass down, he'd not-so subtly slide over until their bodies were touching, thigh-to-thigh. A tender hand was placed over Felix's own and, seeing that he was looking away, Barnaby would cup his free palm around the bodyguard's cheek.

Gently, he'd turn Felix's face until their gazes met once again. It would likely be hard to tell in the dim, fire-lit room, but Barnaby's blue eyes had taken on a glistening sheen.

"I am imperfect, as we all are..." He let out a small, shaky breath.

"But you... you are as close to perfect as anyone could possibly be."
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 16:10:02 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix let out a hard sniff, inwardly condemning himself for his inept social skills. 'You're perfect'? How did that compete with ANYTHING Barnaby had said and done to lift his own spirits? A trembling pain overtook his chest. It hurt knowing this was the extent of his powers. Just a pathetically "cheesy" string of words that he may or may not even believe in.

Before these thoughts could continue to fester, Barnaby's unbelievably warm touch shattered everything, making every thought or fear powerless against the blaze of fire he sparked within him. Turning, his worried eyes met his, and for a moment the world fell to a hush.

Nothing outside their orbit existed, or mattered, or even held a single shred of importance. Here -- this moment -- was all Felix's mind could wrap itself around.

"But you... you are as close to perfect as anyone could possibly be."

Perfect, huh.

Felix's lips curled into a half-smile and a content sigh slithered from his lips. Heart swelled up in his chest, his body begged him to swallow the space between them. So he did.

Hands caressing Barnaby's face, thumbs lightly stroking his cheeks, the dark knight leaned into a kiss.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Melt Into Me [M/WW]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 3:24:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: