Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 1:14:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Yet another restless evening in the ROCKET submarine. Barnaby had somehow copped the night shift again. It was always the same old shit: a whole lot of nothing to do besides walking around. What was he supposed to be looking out for? They were in a giant metal shell in the middle of the ocean. I could be enjoying a night alone with and yet here I am...

Then... something disturbs his thoughts. A sound that was both eerie and ominous. It was a forlorn wail that seemed almost primordial, followed by what sounded like the clanking of pipes. Then, nothing.

Goosebumps rose up along Barnaby's arms as he strained to listen for any further noises. A little shaken, he continued walking his usual route through the sub before rounding a corner and entering the cafeteria. Scanning the tables, he noticed a lone figure nearby. Barnaby recognized them as a recent recruit.

"Evening," He greeted. "Did you, uh... hear a strange sound a moment ago?"
let's do this!
mission: GHOST IN THE MACHINE
close tab

played by

serotumin

they/she
twenty-two
july 8th
ecruteak city
lesbian
hustler
grunt
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
19 posts
atlas able DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @atlas
atlas able
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 3:57:41 GMT
atlas able Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
The submarine base feels a bit much to Atlas. Not that anyone's asking them, but the feeling is strong as they roam the halls listening to the sound of their flopping sandals echo off the metal interior. Underground, that was sensible. Simple. Underwater? It gives . . . Sunday morning supervillain.

Atlas's wanderings bring them to a stop in the cafeteria. Again, a giant sub with a cafeteria. Maybe it's not so much Sunday morning supervillain as billionaire excess. The branch flexing its wealth like it's the underworld's Silph equivalent. Whatever, they can't complain too much. It's free lodging ridiculous or not.

They're interrupted in their musings by a voice. Instinct tells them to whip around, but restraint keeps them from doing anything so embarrassingly jumpy. When they turn to meet the stranger calling to them it's slow and relaxed. Their hands naturally tuck into the pockets of their baggy sweats. They stand a little straighter and open their chest, pulling their red tank-top tighter to their bound chest.

"A sound?" They ask pleasantly, "Can't say I have. I get it though, the ambience down here . . . can lend your mind to playing games."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color:#7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 1:30:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The submarine was definitely a power play on ROCKET's part. Extravagant, sure, but difficult for their enemies to pinpoint and a verifiable fortress to try and breach. That's another reason why the creepy sound from earlier had shaken Barnaby as much as it did - he couldn't escape whatever potential monster lurked in the shadows, even if he tried. Space was finite on this ship. You could only run so far.

Barnaby visibly relaxed as the other ROCKET responded, lulled into a false sense of security by the pleasantness of their voice.

"You're right, of course." He waved off his worry with a smile. "It's so drab and dreary down here. I'm probably just hearing things."

His concern beginning to subside, he took a moment to really take in the person standing before him. Unlike many of the other grunts he had encountered, they hadn't immediately responded with vitriol. A new friend, then, perhaps?

"I'm Bee, by the way. It's a please to meet you..." He let the sentence linger, hoping they'd fill in the rest.
close tab

played by

serotumin

they/she
twenty-two
july 8th
ecruteak city
lesbian
hustler
grunt
0 height
0 height
awards
19 posts
atlas able DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @atlas
atlas able
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 2:46:17 GMT
atlas able Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Between the pipes, the sea, and the grunts shoved together like sardines there's plenty for your ears to distort," Atlas replies with a nod, a placating smile spreading across their face. Nevertheless they can't help but keep an extra-sharp ear out going forward. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and all that.

There's a part of Atlas that expects that to be the end of the exchange. Their attention is starting to wander when the stranger speaks up in introduction. At this hour they can't say they're in the most social mood, but every connection is a foothold. It would be silly to pass one up on account of mere tiredness.

"My name's Atlas."

Atlas clears the space between themselves and the stranger as they speak. Comfortable steps, punctuated by the ugly slap of plastic soles on metal. Once they're in range they offer their right hand to shake. Relaxed, held out tilted so the soft palm is exposed.

"The pleasure is mine, I was just getting sick of stomping about by myself."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color:#7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 21:11:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Atlas. A strong, confident name to match an altogether pleasant person. Barnaby accepted their handshake with a firm grip and a smile.

"Well, welcome to ROCKET, Atlas. Glad to have you here." Although Barnaby was still just a grunt, he had ambitions of holding power and authority. There was nothing to gain from being unwelcoming, after all.

"Same for me. The night shift is always such a bore when you're—" A shrieking howl from above cut Barnaby off midsentence. More disturbingly, the sound suddenly moved away from them and toward the cafeteria's exit. It seemed to travel corresponding to the large network of pipes that zigzagged through the entire submarine.

Barnaby fell silent. His smile waned into a frown, but his eyes looked toward Atlas expectantly.

".... I'm guessing you heard that?" He supposed it wasn't all in his head, then. And because he was on patrol duty this evening it was his job to figure out what was going on. Great.

He sighed. "I'm gonna have to check that out. I'll see you around, Atlas." Barnaby moved toward the exit, but stopped and looked over his shoulder. "Unless... you'd like to join me?"

close tab

played by

serotumin

they/she
twenty-two
july 8th
ecruteak city
lesbian
hustler
grunt
0 height
0 height
awards
19 posts
atlas able DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @atlas
atlas able
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 1:22:10 GMT
atlas able Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Appreciate the welcome, Bee."

It's a good handshake. A good smile. God, Bee means it, don't they? It's still weird for Atlas to run into people like him. Criminals with a heart of gold or whatever. But maybe they're getting ahead of themselves. Maybe it's more like honor among thieves. Maybe he's just as fucked as the rest of them on the clock.

Atlas is settling in to listen to whatever Bee wants to gab about when the harsh wailing from above cuts him off. It nearly makes Atlas jump out of their skin, but they tamp down that reflex the same they did the one before. Instead only their eyebrows leap. They look more bemused than startled when they look up at the ceiling.

When they look back down they meet Bee's frown with a slightly apologetic smile. Maybe there is something weird going on here.

"Guess it's more than the ambience," they reply, face tight. Well, that's some shit. Bee goes to leave and Atlas for the second time is ready to leave him to it. Chasing monsters isn't really their thing; but then Bee looks back and asks and, fuck! If they stuck around to avoid wasting a connection they walk in Bee's direction to avoid soiling their reputation.

Atlas is hardly the bravest person alive, but they can't afford to come off as too much of a useless coward when they've only been here for a few weeks.

"Of course, I hardly want to walk back to my room alone now do I?" Atlas keeps their smile level, their voice dripping in humor and sarcasm.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 4:31:12 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Atlas' level smile was an appreciated break from the tension caused by their mystery monster. Barnaby matched theirs with a relived grin of his own, his anxiety starting to wane a little. "Much appreciated. Let's get going."

And so, they did. Despite earlier hesitance, Barnaby's stride was confident as he lead the way through the exit and down the corridor where the noise had fled. He, too, didn't want to come off as a coward. Plus, how bad could this phantom actually be? They were hundreds of feet below the ocean's surface. What could possibly get in?

But then he remembered all the sketchy shit that ROCKET was likely up to, and knew that whatever this was had intentionally been brought in. An escaped experiment, perhaps? Fuck, I hope not.

The all too familiar screeching snapped Barnaby from his thoughts; his head jerked around toward it. "There!" He yelled, already starting to sprint after it as it moved down the passageway. Whatever it was rounded the corner into a larger, relatively empty storage room.

The ROCKETs saving grace? The duct leading into this room was the only entry and exit. Thinking fast, Barnaby released his FROSLASS and gave the following command:

"Noelle! Crush that metal pipe!" The instruction was given with a pointed finger directing her where to go. Noelle abided, using her ghostly power to compress the metal like a squeezed soda can. There was no going through it now.

Finally, some respite. Barnaby took this spare moment to gauge his surroundings. The room was lined with metal ductwork going down a central column. The monstrous sound seemed to be moving from air duct to air duct, attempting to flee but inevitably running in circles.

"I think this is our chance to corner it." Glancing over at Atlas, he added, "You got any Pokémon that could help?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Goosebumps [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 5:41:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: