Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 3:02:47 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
[break]
Even with the natural warmth of a city to the south of Hoenn, Dom was glad to have a fire going. With a pit dug into the sand of the upper beach, he set up his tent in a patch of beachgrass. Nova sat next to the fire, admiring her handiwork. Dom grinned at her. Maybe the letter he wrote to Father Winter had worked out after all. He wouldn't hold his breath that the wish to destroy Team Rocket would come true, though. People had fought against them for what seemed like forever, and for what? A few years of Team Rocket hiding in the shadows while the rest of the world licked their wounds? He couldn't say if it had been worth it; certainly it hadn't been for him, personally. Sitting next to the fire, he dug his toes into the sand. He was here now. There was no use in dwelling on the past.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 19:20:44 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
"I know, I know - but remember, if he doesn't get enough playtime he gets worse," Tilly says in as reassuring a tone as she can muster to the grumpy Bulbasaur plodding along next to her. The tall beachgrass near them rustles periodically, but they pay no mind as they continue walking. The woman adjusts her bag as they walk and once again checks her belt, almost entirely out of habit at this point; with each step small pinpricks of pain radiate through her feet, but each Pokeball was safely where it belonged. If they're okay, I'm okay.

Tilly glances down at Bulbasaur with a tired smile. A sharp jab in her thigh pulls her attention away, and she looks over to see a Houndour at her feet holding a smoking stick in his mouth, tail wagging happily. Drool drips out of his mouth and hits the sand with small sizzles. Tilly shakes her head and mutters under her breath, but finds another piece of driftwood with relative ease and hurls it as far as she can. The Houndour drops his stick and yips with excitement as he takes off after the new 'prey'. Tilly's attention goes back to the Bulbasaur, but before she can say anything she hears a loud, angry howl from over the dune. Both she and the Bulbasaur hastily make their way over to the source of the noise.

As they crest the sand dune, a very small but very determined Vulpix comes into view. She's seemingly placed herself between the growling Houndour and what would appear to be her camp; a tent, a small fire, and a man clutching his head. Lying on the ground next to the man was a piece of driftwood.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!" Tilly cries out once she puts together what happened. "Haedus, enough," she says firmly to the Houndour, and immediately he begins sniffing the air towards the Vulpix, stepping nearer with small tail wags. Tilly flies by them and heads straight for the other person, Bulbasaur tromping after her as best she can. "Are you alright?" she asks with concern, dropping her bag onto the sand and beginning to dig through her things to find some first aid supplies.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 0:52:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIPLUP APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRILL PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUTIEFLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELD DUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
let's not forget we're flying.
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 4:57:47 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
[break]
The one good thing that could be said for the moment when a piece of flying driftwood connected with the back of Dom's head was that it wasn't his fault. Even if he hadn't been lost in thought, he never would have seen it coming. Literally. That was only a slightly comforting thought as he clutched the back of his head and groaned.

"Damn," he hissed, feeling around with his fingertips for the knot that was already forming just under the skin. Nova bore her little fangs at the interlopers, only slightly distracted by the fact that there was a stick just a few feet away. Dom heard the apology and waved a hand, eyes still squinted shut. "It's fine, it's fine. I've had wor—" His words caught in his throat as soon as he opened his eyes. He gaped like a Magikarp out of water. It was a long moment before he found his voice again and, when he did, it was soft as a whisper. "Tilly?"

[break]skipping spawns.
close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 5:12:39 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Haedus' eyes flick back and forth between the stick and the Vulpix, his concentration broken by a Cutiefly crossing his field of vision. [break] [break]

Completely ignoring the Pokemon, Matilda's eyes stay locked on Dom. Hearing him say her name finally snaps her out of shock and she slaps him across the cheek as hard as she can muster.

[break][break]

skipping spawns

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.matilda]font:11px roboto;--accent:#db9dbd;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda ]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 6:07:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IMPIDIMP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PICKPOCKET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLAY ROUGH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NASTY PLOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHINCHOU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] VOLT ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SIGNAL BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 18:35:20 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
[break]
Nova stood stock still, each muscle tensed against the all-consuming urge to get the stick. Her eyes flicked between the Houndour and the stick, completely unaware of the sour reunion that was happening just feet away. An opening appeared when Haedus was distracted by a Cutiefly. Nova wasted no time, diving straight for the stick with a yip. She snatched it up and bolted down the beach. Chase me!

The look they shared seems to last a lifetime but is gone just as soon as it's there. Dom had just enough time to flinch and squeeze his eyes closed as his old friend slapped him full across the face with a resounding smack—a sound loud enough to get the attention of Lotus as she drifted just offshore. The Lapras let out a warning wail, eyeballing Matilda. Dom let out a slow breath, his cheek already a stinging red. A nice match to the knot on the back of his head.

"Good to see you, too," he muttered, bringing a hand up to touch his face gingerly. But when he looked up at her, it was with a look of sympathy instead of pain. "I never thought I'd see you again. What are you doing here?"

[break]skipping spawns.
close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 19:10:55 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Seeing Vulpix bolt down the beach with the coveted stick, Haedus forgets that Cutiefly exists entirely and takes off after Nova. Just as he's about to catch up, he instead finds himself face planting rather ungracefully. With a frustrated whine he turns to see what he'd tripped over, and finds himself nose to nose with a small Chinchou. He sniffs the new arrival while she touches him gently with the baubles at the ends of her antennae. Satisfied that he will no longer be impeded in his Great Hunt, he turns on a dime and bounces over to Nova, falling into a deep play bow and trying to steal the stick whenever the opportunity arises.[break][break]

Tears start welling up in earnest as Dom's expression softens, and Tilly falls into her old friend's arms, holding him tight. As soon as she has the tears under control, she lets go and sits next to him near the fire. "Me?! What are you doing here?" She asks, fighting back small sniffles as she wipes her eyes with one hand and gestures to their surroundings with the other.

[break][break]

[break]
I'm def gonna make friends with that Chinchou!

[newclass=.matilda .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 20:30:22 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
[break]
Nova, prancing through the sand with abandon, took a glance over her shoulder to find that the Houndour wasn't hot on her heels as she'd expected. She slowed, turning to look for him, just in time to see him shake sand off his face. She hardly noticed the new addition to their play group—not that it bothered her either way. Impatiently, she waited for Haedus to catch up, shifting from foot to foot. When he finally did, she mirrored his play bow with one of her own, growling. He reached out to grab the stick but Nova wasn't about to let it go that easily. She dug in once he'd grabbed it successfully and then tugged.

Dom could see the tears in Tilly's eyes immediately and he grimaced. He'd had an inclination that leaving the way he had would be upsetting for his friends, but seeing it in person made it all-too real. Tilly fell into his chest and Dom wrapped his arms around her. They stayed like that for a while, the waves hissing against the shore barely enough to drown out Matilda's sobs. When she finally pulled away, Dom couldn't find it in him to keep eye contact. He stared into the fire, chewing his lip.

"It was... I just needed a change." He could only briefly sit in the lie before he swallowed hard and exhaled. "No, that's—that's not true. Things were getting... dangerous for me in Kanto. I wish I could tell you everything, but I can't without putting you in danger, too."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 0:30:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUMINATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYDRO PUMP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAWILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYPER CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE TEARS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWEET SCENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BEFRIENDED THE CHINCHOU!
close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 6:25:52 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Once Nova falls into a play bow, Haedus lets out a few short yips and bounces around excitedly, snapping for the stick. Realizing he isn't getting the toy without a fight, he immediately grabs the free end of the driftwood and tugs, growling very loudly and far more dramatically than was strictly called for. His joy at finding a friend as spirited as he was not lost on anyone witnessing the scene - including the small Chinchou, who laid lazily in the sand and watched the playing duo.[break][break]

Tilly shrugs and turns to face the fire. "Might as well spit it out then. Whoever you pissed off came after me, insisting I knew where you were and threatening to hurt Nona and the babies..." Nodding to the Pokemon down the beach, the glow of the Chinchou's antennae gives her pause. She tilts her head quizzically, but seeing Haedus and Nova continue to play either with or despite it informed her that things were alright. "If I didn't tell them how to find you," Tilly finally finishes her thought, looking back to Dom. "So a few weeks ago I packed up my things in the middle of the night, grabbed as many of the new hatches as I could, and left. Nona made a bunch of food for me and we had a spare tent, so I had a few supplies starting off. I couldn't take too much though - there were people watching the house, so I had to sneak past them." The yips and barks of play drew Tilly's eyes back to the Pokemon bouncing about in the sand. "I talked to her about it and tried to get her to come with me, but you know how Nona is. It wasn't feasible to bring everyone, so of course she stayed to take care of them."[break][break]

Turning to Dom once more, Tilly frowned at the red mark blooming across her friend's cheek. Her hand grasps empty air as she reaches down for her bag, and she quickly realizes her bag had been dragged a few feet away by a Mawile - a seemingly hungry one, as it was pulling items out of her bag one at a time and sniffing them thoroughly before tossing the object aside and moving on. "Hey!" Tilly cries, jumping up. She closes the space between her and the Mawile with just a couple steps, but stops abruptly as its large secondary set of jaws bares its teeth at her and the Pokemon puffs up, attempting to appear larger than it was. "Hey, hey there," she says soothingly, moving slowly around the creature, giving it a wide enough berth that it can't snap at her. Once the bag is between the woman and the Mawile, she lowers herself to the ground and reaches out slowly, ignoring the soft growls emitting from the Mawile. Pulling the bag over to her, she adjusts so she's sitting on the sand and rummages through her pack, pulling out the first bit of food she could find.[break][break]

Noticing the small jar in Tilly's hand, the Mawile's curiosity leads it to stop growling and lean towards her with its body, trying to see if the jar held anything interesting. Tilly opens the jar and holds it out to the Pokemon. "It's okay, you can have it," Tilly reassures it quietly. Looking back and forth between the jar and the woman, the Mawile finally decides to hold out its hand. Tilly snorts in amusement and raises an eyebrow, but she doesn't take it personally; fairies could be fickle. She reaches out and sets the jar in the Mawile's grasp, picking up her strewn items and carrying her bag back to the bench, leaving the Mawile to its own devices.[break][break]

Sitting back down close to Dom, she digs through her belongings once more, finding her first aid supplies and beginning to tend to Dom's injuries, letting him take the time he needed to tell his story.

[break][break]

[break]
...well now I need to be frens with that Mawile...

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 20:19:21 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
[break]
Nova mirrored the Houndour's delight, her snarling and growling only occasionally puncuated by a playful sneeze. The weather-worn driftwood held up better than it probably should have, especially when small flames began to gutter from the Vulpix's mouth. She rumbled and shook her head, tails wagging.

Dom's attention shifted sharply to Matilda as she spoke, his brows knitting together. He hadn't ever considered that they might go after his friends, his coworkers. He was quiet while she relayed what had happened to her and, turning his eyes to the fire, he didn't speak for a long while after. Finally, he opened his mouth. "Tilly, I'm so—" But she was being pulled away by a feisty Mawile. He smiled sadly and watched her calm the Pokemon. That was how they'd become friends: bonding over their shared love of Pokemon. In short order, she was walking back to the little campfire, digging through her first aid supplies.

"It's fine," he muttered, though he didn't pull away from her. Dom sighed, bracing himself. "If I'd known they were coming after my friends... It was Team Rocket, Tilly. They knew so many things about me. Everything. They knew my work history, my strengths, my weaknesses. They were trying to recruit me. At first, it was kinda... gentle. Just a suggestion here or there. Telling me they could offer me more money than I was making with the rangers. Offering me rare Pokemon, the whole nine yards. I guess they didn't like when I told them no." He stared into the fire, wincing any time Tilly touched his cheek. "I thought they'd just give up, get bored of asking me and go bother someone else. But they didn't. They started showing up at my work. My house. Then they started showing up at my campsites. I'd leave my tent in the morning to find two Team Rocket members sitting outside waiting for me. I started leaving Aspen out as a guard. That deterred them for a bit, but one day I woke up and he was gone." Dom clenched his fists against his knees. He never should have left the Arcanine out there alone. He'd overestimated his Pokemon's strength, and Aspen had been the one to suffer for it.

"The way I reacted to that must have tipped them off. Aspen wasn't the only one they took. I'd get text messages at all hours. Pictures of Aspen and Hawk and Jade muzzled... caged in their lab..." He trailed off, swallowing hard. Over and over he'd told himself there was nothing he could have done, but he still wondered if that was true. "I kept telling them to fuck off, though. One day after a patrol I came back to my camp burned clean to the ground, tent and all. That's when I left. I just started walking. And then, I guess, they went after you."

[break]skipping spawns.

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 23:32:25 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Tilly occasionally made a face over the course of the story, but she stayed silent. The bandaging finished, she repacks her things and sits next to Dom once more, pulling out a Pokeball. [break][break]

A small Togepi appears in her lap and she holds the Pokemon out to Dom. The small fairy's eyes light up when she sees Dom and she holds her little arms out for him, a giddy grin on her face as she cries out for him to hold her. "To-togepi!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 8:54:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁DELIBIRD DELIVERY!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A DELIBIRD DROPS BY and pulls out a wrapped gift from its tail. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: delibird can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
purple jaguar eye [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 17:24:39 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
[break]
The silence that fell over them as he finished his story streched for what seemed like an impossibly long time. Dom wasn't sure what he expected Tilly's reaction to be; he hadn't ever considered that he might tell her what had been going on. He never considered he might tell anyone, in fact. Now that he had, though, it felt like a weight lifted off of him. Some small piece of what he had experienced had been broken off and given away, the burden shared by others.

He finally pulled his attention from the fire when a Togepi was offered to him. Dom looked at the little pale Pokemon, trilling away in her half-shell, and he smiled sadly. Gently, he took the Togepi and cradled her in his arms, close to his chest. They were known to share their happiness with people and he could use a little bit of that now.

"I'm glad you're here, Tilly."