he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 0:22:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
*munch munch munch*

The Amaura lay on the grass, chewing away. His trainer had left him here for a while, for whatever reason. He didn't know what he was up to, and to be honest, she didn't really care; he rarely showed up at the camp, and his attention was usually hogged by the other Pokemon that were there.

So after playing around for a bit, why not take a break? She had plenty of stuff to chew on, and it wasn't like that third-rate food they gave out here was all that good. He had to get the taste out of his mouth somehow.

"Please stop chewing my leaf," the teary-eyed Chikorita begged.

"No," the Amaura refused, nibbling away at its head-leaf. "I caught you, so now I get my prize. Not like I'm biting anything off it." At least, he was pretty sure it would heal back. That was how plants worked, right?

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 2:53:03 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Tyrunt was left by her trainer at this daycare place, where they can pamper her properly. And she had been. Now she was out to play. Only the little dinosaur was ending up being something of a police Pokemon. She may have been given all the pets and cuddles initially, but she couldn't start hoarding the things that she wanted to keep due to other Pokemon being jerks to each other! Just like that Amaura chewing on a crying Chikorita's leaf. Where was the staff at this place?! "Oi! What the heck do you think you're doing?! They said stop! So you better stop or I'll chew on you!" The Tyrunt stomped up to the Amaura. A long necked Pokemon that might have been her prey once upon a time.

Ty glared and growled, and was awfully close to snapping at the other fossil Pokemon. This was outrageous! None of Kee's other buddies acted like this! Maybe this group needed a strong pokemon like Kee's Houndour, now Houndoom, to take command and keep them in line. If this was how it was going to be right now, maybe she should start asserting her dominance and be the queen of the daycare! At least until Kee comes back...

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 16:56:50 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar

Silly fossils. Always biting and eating. These things had so little class, tormenting a Chikorita or trying to protect it. They should be above such things. Much like Mareanie, which had mostly just hidden in its little bunker for the last hour or so, only listening in but not interacting with the others. Yet, now there was enough commotion that even she was unable to just ignore it all.

Thus, that tentacle-hair bunker was lifted a little and she took a look at the two fossils. They looked rocky and stringent. Not good. Meant that poisoning them would be bothersome. And that was bad because her poisons tended to properly shut others up and make them more amenable. “Grml,” she starts, clearly annoyed by their antics. “Must you be so loud? Let it chomp, if that Chiko doesn’t have the backbone to fight it off it just deserves whatever. Best to just stay quiet and each to themselves, least someone gets the stinger here.”
A rather explicit threat maybe, but those two looked like the kind that would only respond properly to those. These kinds of Pokemon only spoke one language, after all, which was why they abused or threatened others. They had no class at all.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 21:03:45 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It seemed a Tyrunt saw it fit to interrupt his leaf-chewing session. Well, it'd be boring if nothing interesting happened while he was here. He'd humor the hero by answering her questions.

"Oi!"

"What's up?"

"What the heck do you think you're doing?!"

"Chewin a leaf."

"They said stop!"

"I heard."

"So you better stop or I'll chew on you!"

"Don't wanna." Though it wasn't lost on him that the Tyrunt was low and growling - the universal threat. "Don't think that's a good idea," he added, "I can kick your butt if I wanted. And this is my just reward." This leaf-chewing was a result of a fair game.

Heck, it sounded like a nearby Mareanie agreed with him. "She's right, you know," he added, lifting his head up and pointing her out for the Tyrunt. "Pokemon gotta be strong. That's how things work out in the wild, and if you aren't strong, you gotta be fast. Not like this-"

He looked down to see the Chikorita took his advice, running behind the Tyrunt with his slightly-chewed leaf. "Ok, like that. Well, guess you can do what you want with them now."

He rolled back on to his legs, in case the Tyrunt wanted to make good on his threat. "You know, their leaves have a minty aftertaste. You should try it, though don't tear it."

The teary-eyed Chikorita looked at the Tyrunt, legs wobbling from fear. She wouldn't actually bite the leaf...would she?

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
Don't give up. There's no shame in falling down. True shame is never standing back up.
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 23:05:38 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Ty barked out a laugh at both of them. "Bring it on! Both of you! We're not in the wild. Clearly both of you need to learn some manners!" Luckily the distraction bought time for the Chikorita to leave and hide behind her. The Amaura, while disappointed, made the comment that she could do whatever with the grass type. But it was the comment about the leaf that made Ty snap at the other fossil. Then gently pushed the Chikorita away. The barbarians! If that was how the Mareenie felt, then maybe they should follow their own advice and butt out of others' business.

She kept a close eye on both Pokemon while jealously protecting the Chikorita. If they wanted to bully the rest, she was going to collect an army before they knew it. And then they'll be the ones in trouble. Strong as she was, two against one may not be that great of odds. She was going to protect her underlings.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 13:03:58 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“Manners? You are one to talk,” the perturbed Pokemon noted. Why was this dumb dino so aggressive to her now of all Pokemon? She hadn’t even done anything, just dropped a little truth bomb on the others. It was hardly fair to lump her in with the one who hurt others, even if she was on that one’s side. Those were two very different things as far as she was concerned.

Thus, she pouted, looking down on both the Tyrunt and the Chikorita it protected. “You know, that’s not how it will ever learn. If she’s here, she belongs to a trainer, so she needs to fight. My trainer always says that the weak should not be…what was the word? Coddled? Something like that! You are just as much a bully if you think you can force others to do what you want just because you are strong!”
Though admittedly, the Mareanie was not exactly trying to get into any fights here herself. She had been told to behave. The humans would not notice an argument like this, but they would probably look closer if they started actually fighting here. So, better not do that.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 22:21:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Amaura grinned as the Tyrunt snapped at him - though it did make him jump up a little. He knew he wouldn’t actually get bitten, but that Pokemon did have a pretty big head.

Well I’d love to kick your butt here and now,” he said, “but I’m sure we’d get a lot of attention if we fought. And I have manners! I won that chance fair and square!” It wasn’t his fault the Chikorita changed its mind after it lost.

While the group argued, the Chikorita took its chance to flee. Oh well.

Well, not much we can do about that,” the Amaura said. “I hope they take that chance to learn to be faster. If they’re gonna accept a challenge, they gotta be strong or accept the consequence. Nothing that won’t heal. They’ll know better next time.

He looked over at the Mareanie. “Kinda funny you talk about a trainer coddling their Pokemon, ‘cause it’s the opposite for my trainer; a lot of us coddle him. He’ll never grow strong if he keeps letting us do so much for him.

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 20:20:52 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
"Not all trainers fight." Was all Ty could muster unless she really wanted to fight. Also, her, a bully? She wasn't the one that was munching and terrorizing another. That Mareanie had a very odd definition of bully. Honestly. Really though, if that Amaura wanted a fight, she had the advantage. It would be more the Mareanie she would be worried about. If it knew a water type attack, that could be very bad. Nevertheless, she went away and started to play with the other Pokemon there. She also let them know that if they had issues with either one to come to her. Ty paid very little attention to them at this point. She was going to be a queen, and there wasn't anyone that was going to stop her. But as a queen, one must treat her subjects with dignity and respect. So long as they did the same for her. Both of those jerks deserved to be kicked out. At this point, more the Amaura than the Mareanie. But alas, she'd leave them alone for now. Hopefully the staff would have some actual activities for them to do...

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 17:03:09 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Boo. She didn’t like mons like this. Mons that thought themselves above fighting and such, mere moments after they threatened others with just that. Humans called them Hyppopotasses or something. She had not really listened back then. But Mareanie did scoff at the Tyrunt trotting off, just seeing that as a sign of weakness more than anything else.

Then again, she was much more on the same wavelength as the Amaura. Which wasn’t too surprising. After all, ice was relatively close to water, right? Plus, they were both blue-ish! “If you worry about that, you just have to teach him to be stronger. My trainer is often a bit…lost and air-headed, so I poke her in the right direction. But I also lead her astray at times, so she doesn’t fully rely on that, mhm.” Mareanie crossed two legs like arms and nodded, clearly thinking herself rather smart as she copied the human gesture.
“Though I doubt the Chikorita will learn from that. It will just whine and mewl to its trainer and get coddled some more, learning nothing. Weak Pokemon are always like that. Can’t be helped. It’s why I never try.”
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 18:11:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Amaura sighed as the Tyrunt told him not all Pokemon fought. Where was the fun in that, in just sitting on the sidelines and letting everyone else do the cool stuff? “Not the cool ones,” he said. At least his own trainer battled often.

The Chikorita followed the Tyrunt along, eager to stick to its new protector. “Th-thank you,” it muttered, playing along with her.

The Amuara turned to the Mareanie. "Kinda hard to toughen him up when he gets mobbed but the others every time he comes back to camp. And he always has a Pokemon with him when he goes anywhere. I know he's a human, but he's not gonna grow if they treat him like a baby!"

As for the Chikorita…"Not much we can do if a Pokemon doesn't want to get strong. Probably the only reason it’s alive is ‘cause a trainer picked ‘em up." As much as the Amaura wanted to mock his own trainer for weakness, the boy was at least able to keep himself and everyone else fed, and was able to find where he had to go. That Chikorita…its odds weren’t good if it had to fend for itself.

It would have to rely on stronger Pokemon like that Tyrunt for the rest of its life. Or its trainer.

Your trainer let you get enough fights in?” he asked the Mareanie. Chances were they were gonna stick around for the rest of this daycare stay, so why not strike up a conversation now? "Mine lets me battle, though not as much as I'd like."

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 22:06:02 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Tyrunt played with the Chikorita and gave some advice. Even asked if it knew any attacks. While she agreed that only the cool ones did do more than just coddle them or make them be cheer leaders. Still, it never hurt to have some power or strength. Ty used some games to test the grass type, and training it, and also have some fun. Others soon joined them in the games. The dinosaur used many of the same commands as Houndoom to keep everyone in line, but otherwise played. Dodgeball and tag were favorites. Despite being known to be on the slow side, Ty quickly proved she didn't fit with that stereotype. Still, she challenged her underlings to do better, and gave incentives. As much as she loved being pampered, she wasn't above pampering others if it meant good results. Having fun was just the icing on the cake. If the other two wanted to be jerks, then they can just be excluded. Luckily, the Chikorita wasn't all defenseless. Just shy and really didn't want to fight. But sometimes, you got to defend yourself. And the little fella knew Poison Powder. That was very useful, and could be used if the other fossil wanted to pick another fight. The little guy was far from defenseless from what Ty could tell. It lacked confidence. Still, the dinosaur played with the others. Hoping they wouldn't have to be put to the test. But prepared all the same.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 21:22:30 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“Sounds to me like someone ought to take charge there,” she replied, once more nodding over crossed tentacles, as if she was some kind of sage. One eye was kept on the Tyrunt which was moving about and starting to gather a little posse. She had to admit that it was probably a good leader type. But that was not the grand boon it might have seemed, at least in her opinions. Leaders always had so much responsibility and they got bogged down by their weaker underlings. It was always much better to work just for yourself, really.

Though sometimes it was nice to not be alone. Fortunately, the two of them could stand aside from these Pokemon, together. That was the nice thing about being alone. Didn’t take a lot of others to change that for you, after all. “But yes, my trainer does let me fight when she fights. But she is mostly in those big stuffy clean rooms where there is nothing to fight. So I just usually pick those with wild ones when I come across them and they annoy me.” Come to think of it, putting her into a daycare like this was rather rare. But Mareanie figured that there was a reason for it. Her trainer had not let it down, ironically, despite her nature.
Or maybe because of it. Say what you want about her, but one usually always knew where one was at with that woman. “You really wanted to fight that Tyrunt, didn’t you?”
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 20:35:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Amaura could only sigh at the Mareanie's suggestion. "I don't have a chance of that. His Lycanroc's in charge there, and he can be a real jerk. Treats my trainer real nice though, but I guess that's 'cause Rocky's been with him the longest out of all us." Seniority could be rough.

He looked over towards the Tyrunt, noticing she'd managed to amass a group of other Pokemon to play with. The Chikorita included, who very quickly fell in line and did their best to try and stay within the Tyrunt's good graces.

He looked back to the Mareanie. "Eh, I wouldn't turn down the chance. If this were the wild or my trainer's camp I would've, but we can't really fight here, 'cause we'll get the caretakers on our butts in an instant."

He offered a shrug - or the best he could as a quadruped. "Maybe our trainers'll meet on a route one day and battle. Then I'll get a shot. Maybe."

He'd just have to hope that he was with his trainer when that happened.

But rather than wallow in annoyance, he saw the Tyrunt's group playing games. Chances were she wasn't gonna be a fan of him joining in, so he'd have to play with the one Pokemon he was on decent terms with.

"Hey," he said, looking a the Mareanie, "Wanna play a game? I promise I won't nibble on you if you lose."

close tab

played by

Jun

Kee
He/Him
July 27
Olivine City
Homosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Shinobu Fujimori
Boyfriends!
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
311 posts
Keenan Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun
Keenan Toral
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 20:32:13 GMT
Keenan Toral Avatar
Ty was having great fun with the group of Pokemon. And the mood seemed to have swung the other way. A good way. Yes. A leader should know when to intervene, and when to let go. And it was getting to the point of letting go and just be an overseer of sorts. She had glanced over at the two troublemakers every so often. So far, they seemed content to just sit and talk to each other. That was fine by her. Ty just sat down and watched as the Chikorita played with a Corphish and a couple of Caterpie. A Geodude and a Magnemite were also playing tag with a Shuppet, Torkoal, Machop, Magby, and a Snorunt. There was even a Pichu and Grubbin enjoying the show. It was tough keeping everyone happy. But the joy she felt...it was no wonder Kee's Houndoom enjoyed it so much. They've been here a while though...surely it would be getting time for their trainers to pick them up soon.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Settle Down, Kids (M)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 21:23:24 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“Maybe, maybe,” she replied, thoughtfully. At the end of the day, it was probably unlikely. Trainers did not always fight. And even when they did, they as Pokemon often did not have much of a choice to fight unless specifically asked. Especially when one had a trainer like hers, who didn’t exactly seek out fights to begin with. Mareanie was reasonably certain that she never would get to fight either of them.

And that was fine. She had nothing to prove, no aggression to let out. That was the zen of poison and water types, probably. Instead, she observed the other dinosaur, trying to learn a bit more about it. That question asked was an innocuous one, but it also implied things. Maybe the Amaura was getting a bit jealous of the Tyrunt, which had gathered a small posse of Pokemon, while the two of them were still alone together.
Would it be a pittance to agree in this scenario? Maybe. But she guessed that she had nothing better to do, anyway.

“You should not nibble on me to begin with. You would only get sick. But what game are you thinking about here?” She could at the very least hear it out. Who knew, it might even be some fun. Nothing to lose here, everything to gain.