luka chêne
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 19:09:51 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Soft chiffon rustles as Luka shifts in her seat, smoothing invisible wrinkles out of her skirt. This is silly— she's here for business, not pleasure, so what's the point in being so nervous?[break][break]

Perhaps it's the way this event is set up, styled like traditional speed dating no matter what your purpose might be. At least, since is here too, she doesn't feel like she's doing anything wrong.[break][break]

A polite smile curls that the corners of her mouth when her first partner arrives, and the Togepi perched at their table coos and waves him over. The two make a heart-wrenchingly adorable pair, their cute smiles almost identical.[break][break]

"Hello!" Luka chirps pleasantly, extending a carefully manicured hand over the table to shake. "It's lovely to meet you. I'm Luka Chêne...y-you must be here to network too, am I right?"

[break][break]
[break]Speed Date #1

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 20:50:50 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
roach grinned a grin that was both crooked and amicable; rough around the edges, but cut by something inexplicably good-natured—perhaps just by as little as one effective hair or wrinkle.

”hi, there! virgil roach.” 

his hand reached across the table to take hers, giving it a light shake before withdrawing into his seat again, teeth still bared in a row under the brim of his hat. he gave the togepi a wink.

a cubone sat beside him in a chair, pulled up to the table and staring up from dark sockets.

”yes, ma’am, i am. i own a bar downtown called ritual, ‘n i’ve got my eye on somethin’ in upper slateport, right now.” his grin settled into a resting curl. ”what is it thatchya do, miss chêne?”
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 22:10:40 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Ehh, is that so?"[break][break]
Restaurants and hospitality aren't really her niche. Either way, it's nice to meet a business owner! That's rather impressive, all things considered. Isn't it rather difficult to keep a bar afloat?[break][break]
"Erm, I mostly work in Public Relations," she explains. Her side job isn't relevant here, but she can't help it if Virgil has seen her face on some of the latest POG bank advertisements. "I represent a few members of the League. So if you ever need a hand in promoting that new bar..."[break][break]
She volunteers herself so easily! "N-not to be presumptuous, of course! It sounds like you're doing well enough on your own, Monsieur Roach. I'll definitely have to stop by your bar sometime!"[break][break]By her side, Toffee gurgles again and waves over at the Cubone, then offers one of the Pokepuffs resting on the table to share.
[break][break]
[break]Speed Date #1

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 1:26:47 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
promotion was definitely something he was looking for. and to be honest, ritual—at least its upstairs—had seen better days. after much consideration, he’d decided it was time to give up trying to make it seem like something it wasn’t.

”well, i’d love t’ see ya there,” he drawled with a smile. ”and it so happens that promotion is a big part o’ what i’m lookin’ for.”

his head fell to the side then a moment, and his forehead creased as he scrutinized her briefly.

”forgive my askin’, but why d’you look so familiar?” he hoped it wouldn’t come off the wrong way, but hell if it did. it was bothering him.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 1:38:40 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh? Well, that's great!" Luka claps her hands together and her entire countenance brightens. "I guess it's pretty serendipitous that we'd get paired together!" Already her mind starts to whirl, thinking of the best ways to help out. Perhaps she could contact and see about getting an advert placed in the next issue of HNN...[break][break]
But her line of thinking is quickly cut off, and with it comes a hearty blush.[break][break]
"O-oh! Erm...d-do you have an interest in contests? That could be it..." But probably not. She's only participated in a handful, and doesn't really consider herself a proper coordinator anyways. Instead, Luka huffs a little laugh and curls her hands into fake paws, adopting the same pose seen on advertisements all over Hoenn.[break][break]
"It's probably...something like this, right?" God, she feels stupid.
[break][break]
[break]Speed Date #1

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 3:54:53 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
serendipitous. this was a speed networking event, but he was inclined to be agreeable. he chuckled, his voice was like molasses oozing between gravel, ”well, i guess so.”

roach wasn’t familiar with contests or coordinators beyond the faces of those who had purchased from him, and even then, he sometimes couldn’t recollect—much like now, as he stared longer at her, trying to place it.

then, the paws helped. cute.

”oh!” it hit him with a laugh. ”yer the pog bank girl.” the advertisements were everywhere, of course. now, he was in disbelief with himself that he’d not been able to place it.

he was also reminded of poker night, and admin . for some reason—perhaps the unassuming nature that luka exuded—his small talk got the better of him.

”i played cards with mr. del mar last week. small world, ain’t it?”

the cubone, which mad forgot about in the previous post, reached out to take the pokepuff that had been offered to it with smiling eyes.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 4:58:09 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Y-yeah, that's me."[break][break]
Virgil gets bonus points for not being creepy about it. Luka can't decide if she likes being recognized this way, but it seems at least that 's advertising technique is a success. And there's worse things to be famous for.[break][break]
Hearing that he knows Martin prompts a wide smile and adds another string to their tenuous connection. Suddenly far more at ease, Luka relaxes her posture slightly and props her elbow on the table, chin in hand.[break][break]

"Well, a friend of Monsieur Del Mar is a friend of mine," she says cheerfully. Naivete oozes from every word like an open wound. "Listen, we probably don't have a lot of time left...so reach out once you know more about your new place, and I'll pull a few strings! Consider it, um...a favor for a friend of a friend."[break][break]
Togepi asserts her offer with another trilling coo, and pat pat pats Cubone's bony snout before the pair head on their way.
[break][break]
[break]Speed Date #1

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 7:47:10 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
he chuckled, ”always excitin’ ta meet a celebrity.”

it wasn’t particularly unusual for him to meet them. team rocket was shockingly star-studded. regardless of how he felt about it, he had friends in very high places, and very low places.

his connection seemed to smooth things out. a friend. she looked so harmless. he wondered how close she was to him. was she in rocket? did she know?

”will do, miss chêne,” he nodded with a cool smile. cubone had the last word as they took their leave. ’bone!’
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
eggs benedict [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 8:03:52 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times