TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 10:05:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The ringing of a bell marks the end of a meeting, and with that, he moves onto the next, this time being greeted by the sight of familiar pink hair.
[break][break]
It’s not , but dearest .
[break][break]
”Luka, cherie, I should have known you’d be here.” The smile with which he greets her is honest and bright, and while he could easily follow Kalosian custom and accompany it with a peck on the cheek or two, he chooses not to do as much – perhaps so a nearby won’t whine and cry.
[break][break]
Cash Money meows and approaches Luka to greet her as well, an elegant pink ribbon being tied around the feline’s neck.
[break][break]
”Here to do some networking?”
[break][break]
As is he. A fact made obvious by the well-tailored suit he wears just as he would when working, the sort of attire he would avoid otherwise.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][BREAK]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 18:43:06 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Though being paired with a familiar face defeats the purpose of networking, Luka is not at all disappointed to find sitting across from her for the next round. Her beloved friend's presence is a welcome one, and fondness curls into the corners of her mouth as she extends a greeting to both Mars and his feline companion.[break][break]

"Hellooo sweetie," Luka coos at Cash Money, fingers sinking into velvet soft fur. From his perch on the table, Toffee gurgles and wags his stubby arms about in greeting. He still has a crumbling piece of pokepuff clenched in his tiny fist.[break][break]

"That's right! I guess I'm not really surprised to see you either, Monsieur Del Mar." Surely they're close enough now that Luka should feel comfortable using his first name, but formality still seems more suitable in a situation like this. "And actually, I was just talking to a friend of yours! A Monsieur...Roach, I believe?"[break][break]

Small world. She grins and leans over the table, chin in hand. "You look nice, by the way! Dressed to impress, eh?"[break][break]

[break][break]Speed Date #2

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 19:50:19 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The cat purrs, relishing in the affection of the woman she has grown all too familiar with after many hours spent together when shooting POG Bank’s ads. It may defeat the purpose of coming here to build business relations, but if anything, Mars takes it as a welcomed and likely soon to be needed break from all that.
[break][break]
?” The black market dealer’s name is not one he would have ever expected to hear coming from someone like Luka, but he plays it off with ease nevertheless – an amused chuckle rising in the air between them. ”Ha. I’m surprised to hear he’s here, I’ll need to go say hi when I have a moment. He’s a decent guy, I hope he was nice to you.”
[break][break]
Decent despite his involvement with Team Rocket. But, of course, Luka doesn’t need to hear about things like those.
[break][break]
Or about Mars’ involvement with them.
[break][break]
Or her own boyfriend’s.
[break][break]
”Don’t I always impress?” He winks, jokes always coming with ease. ”Thank you, though. You do too! Are you looking for anything in particular? I may be able to point you towards a couple of people.”

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 20:57:24 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Gingerly, Luka picks up the cat and settles her into her lap. Her fingers continue to trail through dusty pink
; as adorable as Toffee is he's, well, an egg. Luka can't resist the allure of such plush fur.[break][break]

Not one to be left out, Toffee toddles over and simply nuzzles his little face against the cat's side.[break][break]

"Mhm! He was perfectly nice. Kind of, like...a rugged charm, you know? Speaking of which..." She fumbles around in her purse for a moment and pulls out a business card. Rose gold font glints against stark white. "Could you be an angel and give him my card if you run into him again? I forgot earlier...these things go by so quickly!"[break][break]

Hopefully won't mind receiving her information through a courier![break][break]

And as always, she's oblivious to the intentions of her dear friend, her boyfriend, and everyone else she knows that's affiliated with Rocket. But that heartbreak can be saved for another day.[break][break]

"Of course you do! I'm only teasing," Luka replies, sweetly earnest in contrast to Mars' coquettish jokes. "Mm...I suppose I'm looking for more League officials to work with. If I really want to help strengthen their image here in Hoenn, I can't just stop at one member! There's a lot of work to do, I think." She hums vaguely and pats Cash Money on the head. [break][break]
"What about you? Have you met anyone yet? I hope you're not looking around for my replacement!" Her attempt at a joke falls as flat as week old soda.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 23:56:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Sure, I can do that for you.”
[break][break]
There’s no telling when exactly will be the next time he sees , or if he’ll even remember to pass the business card to Ritual’s owner, but it’s accepted with a smile nevertheless, watching Luka as she pets the Meowth that seems all too comfortable with her and her Togepi.
[break][break]
”Luka, I would never replace you.” Mars knows she had been joking, of course, but he still takes the chance to wink at her. A gesture that is soon followed by a chuckle. ”I was just discussing a potential sponsorship with , actually. Perhaps you should talk to him? Hmm.. I bet you and would get along too, but I doubt she’s here for business. , maybe? ? ”
[break][break]
Names are said with ease, but then again, it’s not like Mars actually cares for “strengthening the League’s image in Hoenn.”

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 6:05:17 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"I know!" She chirps back brightly, with a smile to match. But Luka can feel a slight pressure lift from her shoulders as relief sinks down her spine.[break][break]

While Mars rattles off a list of names, she continues to absently stroke Cash Money's head. Each suggestion is met with a slight nod, and at the end she hums thoughtfully, tap tap tapping one pastel fingertip against her lips.[break][break]

"I'm a bit familiar with Monsieur Lopez. He helped me out of a bind with an alien," she explains vaguely. "Madame Fairburne and Monsieur Silph...a-are both very incredible too..." Despite having met on a few occasions, she still can't get a proper read on @sliph. But she'd like to think their brief encounters have gone well— or at least, well enough. On the other hand, she's still convinced she's made a complete fool of herself in front of .[break][break]

"W-well...they're both a little intimidating, don't you think?"[break][break]

She waves a hand, lest he think she's actually trying to gossip. "But lovely too, of course! Maybe I should try to contact though...I've seen some of her work! Doing something together sounds wonderful. These are all great suggestions though...thank you so much, Mars! You really have a knack for this sort of thing!"[break][break]

The nickname slips out, unbidden. Luka flushes as her hands fall into her lap. "Erm...a-and if you need help with anything too, f-feel free to ask..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 6:28:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

What sort of business does someone like have with aliens? Mars wants to ask, but he knows there’s little time left before they’re told to switch partners once again. Still, given his friends’ recent track-record with pokémon from outer space (I’m looking at you, ), the mention of it is rather concerning.
[break][break]
Intimidating? You think so?” That part, on the other hand, isn’t concerning at all, and he sounds more perplexed than anything. After all, he’s actually quite fond of and has respect for her despite the whole having betrayed Rocket thing, and doesn’t seem all that bad either.
[break][break]
Then again, Mars is not the sort of person who easily feels intimidated.
[break][break]
”Hey, no problem, happy to help. I think you and Melody would work well together. She’s a friend of mine, I can give you her contact details lat–”
[break][break]
His words are interrupted by the ringing of a bell, and with a light chuckle, Mars looks at his friend.
[break][break]
”They really should give more time for these, huh? A bientôt, Luka. Good luck with the rest of your meetings."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 6:55:29 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Erm...m-maybe that's not the right word. More like...they seem like very smart and capable adults? They're very respectable people! So it's like, you know..."[break][break]
Sheepish laughter trills from carnation lips. Luka still feels like a mess in comparison— even Mars seems more put together than she is, but his easygoing charms help to soften him into someone a little more approachable.[break][break]
"Erm, anyways. Yeah, that'd be great! And who knows, I might even run into her here too..." She speaks over the ringing of the bell, trying to get a last few words in before they part.[break][break]

"No kidding! That was what...a minute? Two? Oh well... a bientôt, Mars! And good luck to you too!" Luka gently scoops Cash Money up and transfers her to the floor, the jaunty bow tied round her neck bobbing as the cat rushes back to her trainer. A cheerful wave announces her own departure and she scoops up Toffee to head to their next government assigned date.[break][break] "I'll see you later! And don't worry— since it's you, I'm sure the rest of your meetings will go perfectly!"
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
BUSINESS TIME [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 2:41:41 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times