priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 3:33:28 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"hello!"

the friendly and casual greeting was polarizing with the fancy setup and formal environment. the age gap was more apparent with they way priam did not seem to be dead on the inside, like most people who lived past the age of eighteen did.

he offers a handshake since it's customary greeting for these kinds of events, or so what he was told. he hasn't done it the previous rounds since he forgot, but the person he paired up with seemed extra formal than the others so he actually remembered this time.

"you can call me conrad! i work at ever grande league labs and i'm lowkey the best person you'd meet in this event. hoping i don't bring your expectations for your future rounds up!"

he said lowkey since he's trying to be humble.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 4:04:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Bonjour, Conrad. My name is Barnaby Finch." A similar greeting given with matching energy; as always, Barnaby's characteristic smile was on full display as well. It was hard not to smile, after all, in the face of someone so energetic.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He began, returning Priam's handshake. "I'm just sorry it took two rounds before meeting the best person here." Barnaby's tone was teasing but not altogether unconvinced. Perhaps the young man across from him was the best. The next five minutes would be telling.

"A scientist, hm? What's your specialization?"

Barnaby took a moment to really take Priam in. He was cute, but young, and didn't really fit the typical lab rat stereotype.

"I'm a broadcast journalist with HNN. I host a morning talk show, among other things."
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 8:57:53 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"not exactly a scientist, but a lab aide! it's basically the same field, but without years of suffering to get a diploma. kinda nice roundabout way to enter it, yeah?"

priam's more excited about it than anyone else. overhyping every detail of his life is pretty much his specialty, so relaying it to other people was as easy as it gets.

the hard part was selling it to them if they question it. thankfully, there's not much enough time to do it for speed dates.

"ooh! maybe i've heard your voice before then! i get back home early morning sometimes and tune in to wind down. ya gonna talk about this event for your show?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 17:15:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"You're not wrong." He replied with a pleasant chuckle. "Hands-on experience can sometimes serve one better than academic knowledge." But as a lab aide? Barnaby was skeptical, though he kept that to himself.

"More than my voice, possibly. My main media is television and film." Barnaby's expression became noticeably brighter as he explained his work. "The talk show I host is called 'The Bee's Knees with Barnaby Finch.' It covers all kinds of topics; whatever I'm feeling that week, honestly."

His cobalt eyes flicked around the venue, taking in the Kalosian flair. "I do plan on covering this event on my show. I've met quite the cast of partners so far: a mechanic, police officer, and now a lab aide."

Barnaby's gaze returned to Priam. "So, what's the most interesting project you've assisted on?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 17:43:30 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam just runs the television on as background noise until he falls asleep, and leaves it up to his pokemon or someone else in the house to turn it off for him. he doesn't share that bit of information though.

"there's super top secret stuff that i can't share the details off-" there was no need to say it, but it adds to the gravity of his job, and gives him bonus points for being mysterious. "-but i did help with the discovery of mega evolution!"

he wasn't working in a lab back then, but he did contribute to its fruition. it helps that it built connections that eventually got him the job in the future, so it should count.

"that's, like, a pretty big project from the league's head scientists back then, y'know? pretty revolutionary stuff, and i got to see it all in the front row!"

he puffs his chest, feeling proud of an accomplishment that cannot really be attributed to himself.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 19:04:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Really?" An incredulous question if there ever was one. How old was this kid? Nineteen, twenty tops? The thought of him rubbing elbows with the League's head scientists seemed a little far-fetched to Barnaby.

"Quite an impressive feat, Conrad. I wish I could hear more about your exploits." Unfortunately, time was not on their side. The clock was winding down on their meeting.

Feeling that there may be a possibility for an interview or at least a network contact with Priam, Barnaby withdrew one of his business cards from his coat. He slid the slip of high quality cardstock, embossed with the journalist’s name, business title, etc., across the table.

"I'm sure my viewers would love to keep tabs on the future of one of Hoenn's up-and-coming scientific minds." He stated, an encouraging smile on his lips.

"Keep me in mind if you're ever interested in joining the show." Someone with his energy and pretty face would do well on television.

"Or if you need an in at HNN. I can get you connected with any of the other departments."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 2:52:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he smiles and leaves it hanging for a while. it still looked natural, yet priam feels a bit awkward inside.

"oh, uh, yeah, thanks for the offer!"

despite his attitude on things, spotlight wasn't where a rocket confidant would want to be, especially since he already was in a position deep enough to be within the league's networks, yet irrelevant enough to be ignored.

not that he was doing his day job as part of his rocket work though.

"i'll definitely come and see if something nice pops up from work! usually, that ends up being the busy time though, where everyone gets no sleep, so i end up picking up the slack on things certain people things scientists forget to do, like eat."

it's full of workaholic introverts who get so caught up in their work they're passionate about. priam's not entirely sure how they function, but he's somehow learned to coexist with them, which isn't really anything new since he's dealt with old rocket before.

"if you ever want to get something from the league's research department though, i'll see what i can do to get ya whatcha need!"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 3:11:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Thank you! I'll be sure to take you up on that at some point." Access to the League's research department? That could prove usual for Barnaby's career interests and as a lead-in for ROCKET. Little did he know of Priam's criminal involvement.

The jarring ring of a buzzer overhead spelled the end to their short meeting. With a smile, the journalist rose from his seat and extended his hand in farewell. "It was a delight to meet you, Conrad. Good luck in your next rounds."

As Barnaby excused himself from the table, he wondered: had Priam been the best partner so far? Thinking about it, he'd have to say no. Watching squirm a little had been far more entertaining.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
bariam [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 4:01:33 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS